[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Some people seriously think Rolling Girls wasn't AOTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: dont put in fridge.png (303KB, 513x479px) Image search: [Google]
dont put in fridge.png
303KB, 513x479px
>Some people seriously think Rolling Girls wasn't AOTY 2015

I mean seriously? That fucking art, that fucking soundtrack, those fucking fun times, nothing last year came close.
>>
Yeah, that art.
>>
Soundtrack was definitely one of the best last year.
>>
>>135984738
I didn't like the second half
>>
>>135984769
>hurr muh one frame
Hell it looks great compared to the QUALITY frames in any other anime.
>>
>>135984919
>one frame

That shot lasted for 7 seconds.
>>
second half was shit.
The overarching plot was shit.
The rest was pretty neat though
>>
I just finished it and holy fuck did it have a nice aesthetic. Character designs were good, watercolor backgrounds were pretty, traveling via scooter/motorcycle is always comfy and that awesome soundtrack. It really is for people with a specific taste though, so I can see why it wouldn't have been some people's AOTY, though it was definitely mine.
>>
>>135984738
>muh fun
>>
I liked it and watched the whole thing, but I have no idea what the point of it was. By episode three, I guess they were looking for magic stones, but the next episode it seems like they abandoned that idea and it was just a road trip show for a while, but then suddenly aliens.

I don't understand, but I liked it.
>>
>>135985186
Yeah, I really liked the setting and roadtrip aspect, the first few episodes before the roadtrip were also pretty great and could have been an anime on their own but then the "plot" hit. Honestly they should have just sticked with them collecting stones and getting their own powers, I know it's cliché but it's way better than the alien plot
>>
>>135985167
>fun? Pffft fuck that, I only watch mature anime for mature people like myself.
>>
>>135984738
What was the reason she kept turning into an octopus again?
>>
>>135985186

Maccha Green was a freelancer taking on jobs with the stones as payment, they then go do the jobs in her place after she's hospitalised, which involves going around the country which has fractured into independent nations, collecting the stones she was owed and which blondie wanted. What's so complicated?
>>
>>135985499
ALIENS
>>
File: ancient-aliens-guy.jpg (94KB, 1280x1120px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-aliens-guy.jpg
94KB, 1280x1120px
>>135985499
>>
>>135985502
I think he meant the progression between the different "arcs".
The progression from Maccha getting injured to them collecting stones makes sense, although there is a slight tonal shift in the anime at that point but then the whole alien-plot really just feels out of place
>>
>>135985584

>I think he meant the progression between the different "arcs".

He said he was lost at ep 4 which was still only the second arc in Always Comima, he's just dense.
>>
>>135984738
>I mean seriously? That fucking art, that fucking soundtrack, those fucking fun times, nothing last year came close.

They need a far better screenwriter

If only Wit Studio has gotten that Blood Black Battlefront screenwriter, he could have salvaged this
>>
One of the biggest disappointments of 2015, only the first couple of episodes were any good. I can't even fathom what kind of person still cares about this shit almost one year later.
>>
File: 1425167252864.jpg (79KB, 672x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1425167252864.jpg
79KB, 672x1024px
Rolling Girls is a thinking man's K-On

Its got more flaws than I'd like to admit but I really enjoyed it. Not AOTY though, that would be NNB: Repeat
>>
>>135985775
>thinking man's K-On
That meme didn't make sense then and it still doesn't.
>>
This show had the most inconsistent episode quality I've ever seen, the climaxes of each arc were astounding but the slow parts were shit.
>>
Would have been better without Hibiki.
>>
>>135986554
What the fuck do you have against Hibiki? She was always Hibikeepin' it real.
>>
Rollling Girls is such a sad case of having everything from great characters, awesome premise, great music, and good looking animation but the execution of it was fucking god awful.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.