[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is english dub good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: USA_full.jpg (480KB, 1578x2340px) Image search: [Google]
USA_full.jpg
480KB, 1578x2340px
Is english dub good?
>>
Can pigs fly?
>>
They're definitely more serviceable than your typical english dub, but I wouldn't say they're masterpieces or anything.

It's kinda neat hearing Patrick Stuart in the Disney Nausicca dub though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZ5JalHjhs
>>
It has the Dubsman himself, man
>>
Are you a fan of Christian Bale? Then yes.

It is also the only mainstream movie Crispin Freeman has a (small) role in.
>>
Christian Bale improved my hots for Howl by a hundred and SOPHIE, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY HAIR!!
>>
Is there a Miyazaki film that has a bad dub?
>>
>>135971489
For the most part, yes.
>>
>>135972033

The original English language cut of Nausicaa, released as Warriors of the Wind
>>
>>135971489
It has a good dub.

Too bad the movie kind of sucks and is an atrocious adaption of the book.

I can pinpoint the moment this entire movie falls apart as well, when Sophie reaches the top of the stairs before The Witch of the Wastes.
>>
>>135972058
Yep this, it butchered the shit out of Nausicaa to such an extent that Miyazaki put an end to Ghibli jobs for several years. Later when Ghibli reached a deal with Disney to dub Mononoke and run it in US theaters, Miyazaki sent Disney's CEO a katana paired with a letter that basically said, "don't fuck it up."
>>
>>135972210
>Ghibli jobs
*Ghibli dubs
>>
When Howl is jumping off buildings with his cape, I half-expect him to growl out "I'M BATMAN" in that gravelly voice.

Good dub. Calcifer and Sophie are very fun to listen to.
>>
>>135971489
Ghibli dubs are good enough that you can watch it with mom and she'll be so excited to hear Billy Crystal's voice that she won't even know it's gook cartoons.
>>
>>135971489
Better than the movie
>>
>>135973780
I remember watching ghibli with family as a kid.
took like 15 years before I understood it was chineese cartoons
>>
>>135973908
Same with Speed Racer.
I blew my dad's fucking mind when I told him it was anime. I saw something die inside him.
>>
>>135971489
voiced by Batman. If that's what you want.
>>
There isnt any weird power-up screaming and all the dialogue consists of normal conversation. Its a movie that has the perfect setup for an English dub. So yes it is good.
>>
>>135972033
Yes. A lot of them just have bad dubs like Marnie, Kaguya, etc... Although I wouldn't say Spirited Away is bad, it just clearly isn't as good as the Japanese.

>>135971489
Howl's has a good dub though.
>>
File: Omiode_no_Marnie_poster.jpg (45KB, 275x389px) Image search: [Google]
Omiode_no_Marnie_poster.jpg
45KB, 275x389px
Best Studio Ghibli film coming through here
>>
>>135972033
>>135973780
Mononoke Hime had an atrocious dub. Absolutely atrocious. Especially that monk double agent fellow.
>>
>Billy fucking Crystal voices a fire demon
Batman is a bird wizard who throws tantrums over his hair color
>"That can't be good for the table."

fantastic dub.
>>
>>135971489
Maybe
>>
>>135971489
It never was, it never is, it never will.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.