[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw only heard people shit talking this show, mostly disaffected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Inuyasha.png (805KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Inuyasha.png
805KB, 1916x1080px
>tfw only heard people shit talking this show, mostly disaffected former fans, and reformed fujoshis or former shojo target audiences who got disappointed with it
>finally watch it
>One of the best fantasy animes ever made, best storytelling and cutest art in any series ever

Why did no one tell me InuYasha was actually good? Why were other anime nerds trying to hide this from me?
>>
File: BEES.gif (584KB, 240x161px) Image search: [Google]
BEES.gif
584KB, 240x161px
OH NO THE BEES
>>
1) You don't lurk enough.
2) The only thing people are really frustrated with is that 80% of the manga (and anime) is spent on Namek, with the same fucking plot repeating several dozen times in a row. I assume you watched the abbreviated version if you didn't notice that.
>>
Naraku is best evil sourceror in any fantasy, prove me wrong
>>
>>135958562
I'll bite. The first season is fine but then it devolves into a shitty monster of the week zero plot series. The only thing the did well was the fish out of water episodes with inuyasha in the modern day. The romance was ok too when you don't include the ex girlfriend zombie subplot that happens like 50 episodes in.
>>
>>135958562
It's good at first but then it gets destroyed by repetitive filler and forgets it has a plot.
>>
>>135958812
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE PELT?
>>
>>135958562
it's good OP, but repetitive, actually the episodes in present time are better.
>>
>>135958562
Did you get to the sword-barrier cycle yet? It goes something like.

>Inuyasha's Gang: Naraku, we've got you now! >Inuyasha, ATTACK!
>Inuyasha: INUYASHA!
>Naraku: My barrier blocks your attack
>Inuyasha's Gang: We must powerup the Tessaiga to penetrate Naraku's barrier
>spend a couple of episodes on a subplot that grants Tessaiga a powerup
>Naraku gets a new barrier

Inuyasha got around 5 sword powerups from that cycle.
>>
>>135958562
>animes
See, the people who hate it are actual anime watchers who've developed their taste, and not "anime nerds" who started watching shit last year in tenth grade.
>>
I do remember fapping to the main girl and some wolf girl when I was 10 I think. Can't seem to remember her name.
>>
>>135958958
My biggest gripe with the show was actually the opposite: they brought out the big bad way too soon, and made it seem like they were a couple episodes away from the final showdown for half the shows run. Having filler of them running around getting jewels with no end in sight would have been okay, but ~20 episodes in their shards got combined, and they where all but done assembling the jewel, they just took 100 episodes playing footsie with Naraku.
>>
It has a great setting/premise, great music, atmosphere and monster designs and is very gory.

It suffer from being too repetitive and some really annoying characters.

Also, BEES!
>>
File: Ayame.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ayame.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>135959325
Kagome and Ayame.
Ayame (Wolf girl) is pic related.
>>
>>135959293
The last one I remember was the red sword.

>>135959325
Wolf girl and Yura of the Hair were the best.
>>
>>135959525
>eyebrows
>twin tails
Boy that's some shit taste.
>>
File: nljf5wFqCv1rvb8cmo1_400.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
nljf5wFqCv1rvb8cmo1_400.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>135959293
Don't forget filler arcs and a super condensed final act.
>>
>>135959589
Wasn't there a diamond one and a black one for final act?
>>
The manga was good?
>>
>>135959876
I can remember there was the red barrier breaking one, the diamond one, and then the tenseiga dark full moon thing
>>
>>135958562
Kouga was my first husbando, I'll never forget Inuyasha.
>>
>>135959876
nah, diamond is the last power up he gets in the core series.
>>
>>135959589
The counter ability was specifically something he learned to try and take down Naraku's barrier. Naraku blocked that, they got the Red Tessaiga. After Naraku blocked that AGAIN, they got the Diamond Tessaiga.

Tessaiga also got upgraded to Dragon Scale Tessaiga, though I can't remember if that was because they wanted another powerup for Naraku. Tessaiga's final upgrade was Black Tessaiga because his dad wanted to screw Sesshomaru over.
>>
>>135960546
And then Sesshomaru killed Naraku and the whole series of upgrades was completely pointless.
>>
>>135960610
As expected of Sesshomaru, really.

Did anybody NOT immediately think "yeah this is the asshole that's going to killsteal the final boss" as soon as he and Naraku double-crossed each other? Even before then it seemed like Sesshomaru was the kind of guy to do that, if only to spite Inuyasha.

>there will never be an OVA where Sesshomaru just follows Inuyasha around and fucks over random things for the sole purpose of upstaging him
>>
The first dozen of eps were really really fucking good, but then it got repetetive

season2 was fine
>>
Kagura's death really got to me.
>>
>>135959463

Just don't watch Shippo's dialogue dubbed and you're okay. Inu Yasha's Japanese voice actor sounds like an attractively rambunctious 19 year old bad boy.
>>
>>135960965
>>135960610

Sesshomaru's douchey attitude was why he had so many fangirls. This is an unpopular thing to say but as a 3DPD dude chicks want my dick more when I put other people down nonstop. Same goes for those 2D animu hasubandos
>>
>>135961396
I thought you were going to say the English voice actor was a teen, which is kinda true because of Ranma 1/2
>>
What was the point of giving Miroku an OP power if it gets countered by stupid ass bees every time?
>>
>>135958562
So which Inu Yasha episodes were the ones KyoAni worked on?
>>
>>135961754
I don't think Takahashi had any idea where her story was going. Otherwise we'd have gotten more plot.
>>
>>135961754
It's like superman being indestructible. Really short sighted and forces shitty things in the story for any conflict to exist.
>>
>>135958562
>animes
that explains why you like Inuyasha
>>
>>135961811

Second season.
>>
>>135961923
I'm not really that versed in comics, but didn't Superman get killed eventually?
>>
>>135962112
Only in the 90s when comics were angsty.
>>
>>135962112
Every DC hero dies once or twice. That doesn't mean they gotta stay dead.
Supes is still (again) up and kicking.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.