[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2deep4u

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (447KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447KB, 1600x1200px
I've never understood why Evangelion gets called a pretentious anime as much as it does, even accounting for its popularity. There are many shows like pic related that I would think would be criticized for being 2deep4u before Eva.
>>
>>135945370
I agree, Evangelion is not at all pretentious, it's just fucking retarded.
>>
Anon, you have to realize that this board does contain many people who are still in middle school or high school.

Also a lot of 'pretentious' comment are bait.
>>
>Anno has literally admitted to making decisions based on the fact that they appeared complex and cool
Literally the definition of pretentious
>>
Lain is a visual heavy series but doesn't force some sort of philosophical ideal at you like NGE does.
>>
The difference is that Lain asks questions, and leaves to the viewer the discretion of coming up with their own answers. Eva is Anno's masturbatory in-your-face self-proclaimed truths, this is why it comes off as pretentious.

Lain asks "Is this how we are? Can we be sure about this? How much do we know about that?"

Eva states "Humans are like this. You're dumb if you disagree with me."
>>
>>135945586
I think being pretentious would be saying that there is a deeper meaning when clearly there isn't any, and then saying that anyone who doesn't get it is a fucking moron.

Which I suppose does happen within the Eva fanbase.
>>
What does it mean to love Lain?
>>
people say all that shit for lain too, lurk more
why is pretense bad?
>>
>>135945602
lain comes off as pretentious, it's regularly called just that on /a/. OP is new as fuck.

It's a good show, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it, but it does sometimes get a little 2deep4u
>>
Is texhnolyze 2deep4u or all that shit that happened in the first episode will eventually be explained?
>>
lain is ideas without guts
basically an ambient anime if ever there was one
it's not pretentious unless the idea of non-committal demonstration is in itself pretentious
>>
>>135946387
There's not even anything 2deep in the fucking episode, you're just impatient. For fucks sake, this is such a stupid reaction I see all over the place. Do you really expect to be fed everything in the first episode of a show? It's a show don't tell episode with regards to actual plot elements which are more clearly explained later anyway, and it's not even difficult to follow.
>>
>>135946214
It's catchall term that makes the user think they have an actual clue what they're talking about when they're too lazy to think on something for more than a minute at a time. There are few things more pretentious than people using the word 'pretentious' as a criticism.
>>
File: 1451773236856.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1451773236856.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>135945370
The only reason people call Eva deep is because the plot is intentionally obtuse and difficult to follow, the actual theme behind it is simple.

Compare that to SEL, people still don't know what the fuck the theme is, people have literally written dissertations on it trying to work it out (it's true, google it, it's crazy), that probably says something about just how pretentious it is. The directing is some of the best I've ever seen in anime, though, so it is still a great show in other respects.
>>
>>135946387
Texhnolyze isn't even deep, it's just slow, it's like calling The Dark Tower series deep because it takes a long time to read. Every single question is clearly answered by the end of the show, unlike Lain and other truly pretentious anime.
>>
Everything in Lain is explained, it's just written in such a way that you have to go back and connect all the weird shit to the plot after you've finished the series.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.