[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't anime be more like this with today's technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: little witch academia.jpg (831KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
little witch academia.jpg
831KB, 1536x1152px
Why can't anime be more like this with today's technology?

This was animated by newcomer animators with government funding. The solution it seems to me to the cancer that is today's anime industry infested by poor quality animation which studios adopted for quantity>quality. Trigger should be nationalized by the Japanese government and produce anime that are not tainted by decadent fan-service.
>>
Trigger should come to America where they will be paid what they're deserved.
>>
>>135942009
Technology has little to nothing to do with the quality of animation generally speaking.
>>
>>135942009
>animated by newcomer animators
really?

also moe = fanservice
>>
>>135942088

It is obvious that the future of animation lies in crowdfunding.

Technology has made animation easier and lone creators can now not be slaves to the franchise and merchandise demands of animation studios. What should be done is a streaming service for animation that's more serious than crunchyroll.
>>
How can technology have any kind of effect on how well someone can draw on a piece of paper and scan it? Also LWA has a relatively gigantic budget and no time constraints, as opposed to regular anime for which artists are paid just enough to eat instant ramen whilst living and sleeping in the office, and have to produce episodes in one week.
>>
>>135942137
>Technology has little to nothing to do with the quality of animation generally speaking.
Technology is always relevant.
You're talking the difference between old styles of hand drawing every single frame compared to current style of using models.
Technology dictates everything.
>>
>>135942137

There are a lot less frames in todays anime's than in older anime. Limited animation is the norm today.

CG makes the life of animators far easier than drawing every frame, which means cutting back the cost on animators.
>>
>>135942414
Anime is still hand drawn you fucking retard, the only difference is it's on paper instead of cel, and scanned with a high DPI scanner instead of put on film. This isn't American shit where they make everything with Flash tweens.
>>
File: Independent_&_Experimental.jpg (1MB, 1160x2950px) Image search: [Google]
Independent_&_Experimental.jpg
1MB, 1160x2950px
>>135942256
Independent animation has long survived and flourished without crowd funding both worldwide and in Japan. It is the kind of thing funded by art councils. It just isn't anything like anime.

https://www.nfb.ca/channels/Animation/
>>
>>135942256
If its the future, its only because it lets the company get away with making shit tons of money without doing a single thing.

Even if they did, its horrible for anime since only popular things will be made. Instead of getting many shows that appeal to specific niche audiences you get only a few shows that pander to the majority, IE garbage like naruto, snk and fujoshit.
>>
Are we doing this thing again where we compare OVA/movies to the average TV anime?

>produce anime that are not tainted by decadent fan-service.
I doubt Imaishi would want that.
>>
>>135942473
You have no idea what you are talking about quite honestly. Limited animation has always been the norm in anime. The only time it wasn't was when Toei Doga was trying to imitate Disney in the 1950s.
>>
>>135942088
They already did Battlesaurs.
>>
>>135939199

This is the future you chose.
>>
File: 1433557257977.jpg (78KB, 495x497px) Image search: [Google]
1433557257977.jpg
78KB, 495x497px
>>135942772
don't make other people delusional by spreading this meme
>>
>>135942009
If I won the power ball I'd single handedly fund a third episode or even a whole cour.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.