[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/ it's always very obvious when actual children voice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: Naru_anime.png (456KB, 613x587px) Image search: [Google]
Naru_anime.png
456KB, 613x587px
/a/ it's always very obvious when actual children voice child characters, and more authentic sounding. Usagi Drop and Barakamon benefit a great deal from this.

A bit apples and oranges here, but, do you think something like a shonen battle series could work with actual child actors? Imagine a show where an actual 12 year old shouting his special moves, and as the protagonist ages in the show the actor's voice ages too. That would be interesting, although the source material would have to be a good match for it, considering how most battle shows are paced downright glacially.
>>
>>135546813
It could probably work for shorter series.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 1022x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 1022x576px
It triggers me when it's painfully obvious that young male characters are being voiced by women, so I always appreciate it when actual children are cast like pic related.

That said, the sort of long running situation you're talking about, OP, seems like asking for trouble. You'd most likely end up having to recast.
>>
Is this the creatureposting thread
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
voiced by a sexy middle aged cake
>>
File: done.gif (362KB, 928x522px) Image search: [Google]
done.gif
362KB, 928x522px
;^)
>>
>>135547778
more like this
>>
>>135547778
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
>>135546813
>do you think something like a shonen battle series could work with actual child actors?
No, and for a simple reason.
They are amateurs. They generally lack the training to do a good job. While a child prodigy is a theoretical possibility, I don't remember a single child actor of whom I thought they'd done a good job.

>>135547304
>It triggers me
I don't fucking care. What I do care about is acting skills. Anime doesn't usually feature excellent acting, but there are still degrees of variation.
This is also the reason why I choose sub over dub, because most localization put less effort (or skill) into the project than the original cast did.
>>
>>135547939
>I just discovered this, let me say this to somebody to fit in.
>>
It would need to be a director's pet project, because a regular project designed primarily for the studio's profit is prone to all kinds of delays beyond the child actor's own schedule conflicts (sound trouble, animation trouble, other actors' schedules).

The script would need to be planned out months, years in advance so that the gimmick of an aged voice can be accommodated with the least hassle.

Take something like the Harry Potter movies if they were just animated (so that body types aren't a problem). You would need to lock in the child voice actors over 7 whole years using only key frames with appropriate scheduling, THEN have all the in-between frames and sound direction ready. The investment is heavy, and not within a regular studio's budget; the longer it takes, the more likely it'll crash and burn instead of profit. Hence, director's pet project.
>>
>>135548153
You're kidding yourself if you think you're able to differentiate between average acting and great acting in a language you don't understand.
>>
>>135548478
I didn't claim that. Children aren't average actors. They're bad actors.
>>
>>135546813
I agree anon, Kodomo no Jikan totally needed child actors.
>>
>>135548523
Just false. A good director well be able to get a decent acting performance out of a child. If you've seen the examples mentioned in this thread and thought the child actors were bad then it's just a plain old case of shit taste.
>>
>>135548628
>Just false.
Good point. Consider me convinced.
>>
>>135548628
Yeah, a great actor intrinsically understands and gets it in close to one take, but a even a mediocre actor can get it right if the director manipulates them into the right take no matter how long it takes

That said, that amount of freedom probably doesn't exist in anime
>>
What about all those child idol actors?
>>
>>135546813
Ichigo in Aikatsu was only 13 years old when the show started, matching the age of her character (or maybe a year older).

Usso in Victory Gundam must have been a kid at the time - he was voiced by the guy who voices Shinpachi in Gintama.
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 465x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 465x574px
>>135548707
Here's another one with child acting that impressed me.
>>
>>135548858
He was 22 in V Gundam. Shinpachi's voice actor is actually older than Sugita, hillariously
>>
>>135548940
Man, I feel bad for not liking that movie more than I do. It's obviously made with lots of love, but the 2nd half just bored me to tears.
>>
>>135548951
I find that hard to believe. Give that it was his debut role I always thought he would be younger that that.
>>
File: qLdYlSe.png (770KB, 1117x597px) Image search: [Google]
qLdYlSe.png
770KB, 1117x597px
Pic related was technically voiced by a child actor. He was 17 when he first started the role.
>>
>>135549051
Yeah it overstays its welcome
>>
>>135546813
I'd say it's a sensible idea in theory but in fact a successful kid's action-shonen can run for many years, and the kid will mature and lose his kid voice (if not quit voice acting to focus on school or something before then).

In other words too much of a risk compared to a trained professional who can do the job for a decade uninterrupted if need be, and still sound approximately the same / deliver the same product that helped the series be a success.
>>
File: murasakifineassheis.jpg (519KB, 782x3079px) Image search: [Google]
murasakifineassheis.jpg
519KB, 782x3079px
14 year old Aoi Yuuki was a miracle of the universe
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.