[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A show about NEETS >One of the NEETs is a detective >One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

>A show about NEETS
>One of the NEETs is a detective
>One of the NEETs is a college student

My god what a piece of shit. Its a detective show? The fuck? Your not a fucking NEET if your a detective, plain and simple. I don't care that its not an official detective job, its still work. Painfully generic, the ending was meh. With a 12 ep series, I would expect some twists and problems that tie the show in back to the beginning. Not just a problem that surfaced 2 eps ago.

I thought this show would be about a lonely man who meets a shut in girl and they spend majority of the show in her room with shenanigans taking place. Vidya, Animu, trying to help each other out by making themselves more social but it failing since they are both incompetent. Ending the show on them finally breaking their lifestyle. That would be fucking interesting and unique.

Instead we get a NEET girl who is a detective and she has all these real life connections to these organizations to help her with her detective hobby. Boring and dumb.

I don't get the whole NEET gimmick if its not relevant.

Any other opinions on the show? Can't believe I actually bought this on a whim
>>
>That would be interesting and unique.
Okay. You tell yourself that.
>>
>>120440845
Sure it would be a bit too 'slice of life'y but it would be more unique then another detective show. And again, relevant to the "NEET" thing they keep shoving in our face the entire series
>>
>>120440764
I dropped it after she solved the first case. Seems like I didn't miss anything.
>>
The NEET thing was used as a plot device more than an actual thematic relevance or being meaningful to the characters. That said, I kind of enjoyed the show. Didn't expect a lot out of it, but it had a nice atmosphere.

Also, Alice is based as fuck being able to order around gangs and shit. Oh, and MC had actual character growth, so that was nice.
>>
>>120440764
>The fuck? Your not a fucking NEET
>Your
i stopped reading this right here
>>
>>120440764
Translations never.
>>
>>120440764
Try reading some of Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe mysteries. Wolfe was a NEET before NEET's were invented.
>>
We had this conversation 4 years ago.

>NEET
>Detective
>>
>>120441435
That series would have been way better if Wolfe had a gothic lolita accompanying him during his mysteries.
>>
NEET =/= Hikki
>>
>One of the NEETs is a college student

That literally goes against the definition of NEET
>>
File: 1322829576812.gif (952KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1322829576812.gif
952KB, 500x281px
>>120440764
>he buys anime
What the fuck.
>>
>>120441615
He explains it away by saying he's going only for their library resources and is going to quit school before graduation. Or something like that.
>>
She's self-employed detective; therefore, a NEET.
>>
>>120440764
>I thought this show would be about a lonely man who meets a shut in girl and they spend majority of the show in her room with shenanigans taking place. Vidya, Animu, trying to help each other out by making themselves more social but it failing since they are both incompetent. Ending the show on them finally breaking their lifestyle. That would be fucking interesting and unique

How in the fuck did you make such a ridiculous and over-the-top assumption? It's like taking a Milky Holmes BD, looking at the cover and thinking "yup, this is totally a mecha show "
>>
>>120442388
>employed
Then shes not a NEET
>>
>>120442419
You could say that's just a voluntary work.
>>
>>120440764
I went in with no expectations, and thought the first was one of if not the best single episode of any anime I have ever seen. Certainly no NEET SoL, but the beautiful exploration of characters in the first episode, as well as in the latter half of the series, is not to be ignored.

I started watching anime to find hidden gems like Kamisama no Memochou, and while not the best or most gripping anime I've seen, no single show has surprised and delighted me more than that one.
>>
>>120440764
>>120441615
>>120441206

As English speakers, we clearly understand the full acronym and statistical etymology of NEET:meaning "Not in employment, education, or training"

That's not so clear in Japan when they use Katakana to say ニート . It doesn't mean shut-in hikikomori: obviously they already use that term for it.

In Japan the definition has been stretched by media, government and society to be their equivalent of calling the youth "lazy millenials".

Thus, ニート just means a person who's given up on "The Rat Race", doing whatever they want in their spare time, generally taking it easy no matter what society thinks.

Much like "The Beautiful Ones" in the Mice Utopia Experiment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
File: 1398708616636.png (293KB, 443x406px) Image search: [Google]
1398708616636.png
293KB, 443x406px
>>120440764
>buying anime
>>
>HE BUYS ANIME
>HE BUYS ANIME
>HE BUYS ANIME
>HE BUYS ANIME
>HE BUYS ANIME
>>
File: alice9.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alice9.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>S2 never
>translation never
>>
>>120444089
thank god
>>
>>120444200
For me, this is a bad thing.
I quite liked the show.
>>
>>120444489
>>
>>120440764
>Sentai

This better not be dubbed. Fucking hacks can't dub even if their lives depended on it, as that dub Chuu2 thread has proven.
>>
>>120442412
So that shit ain't Mazinger?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.