[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching Ping Pong - The Animation. Really enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: ping3[1].png (780KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ping3[1].png
780KB, 1280x720px
Just finished watching Ping Pong - The Animation. Really enjoyed it.
What did you think?
>>
Best anime from 2014.
Nothing could really compare stylistically and character-wise.
>>
best coming-of-age story in a long while and it's really, really fucking different, about facing challenges, personal growth, ups and downs, with some of the best worst looking animation in years

also they play ping pong i guess
>>
>>120108115
AOTY 2014, the way it exploded at the last few episodes was fucking amazing to witness. It managed to stay solid all throughout its run and also the soundtrack was great. Characters were interesting and also REAL. They felt fucking REAL, like a dude you could actually encounter in your life. 8~9/10. Real good stuff.
>>
AOTY 2014

It really made thursdays great after Samumenco.
>>
>>120108343
>They felt fucking REAL, like a dude you could actually encounter in your life.

Never found an athlete hiding out in a public toilet in real life
>>
>>120108343
yeah, I was really happy with how satisfying the end was.
>>
File: 1348358164329.jpg (77KB, 450x518px) Image search: [Google]
1348358164329.jpg
77KB, 450x518px
Felt like I was watching an American sports movie. I don't understand why /a/ is so in love with it.

I thought it was very good, maybe in my top 10 of the year, but not top 5. Pretty flawless and packed a good emotional punch at the end. Good music too. I liked the character-driven story.

The only thing I didn't really like was how cliche and predictable everything was. And the characters were also kind of hit-and-miss. I couldn't have possibly given less of a shit about Dragon, or that Chinese guy.
>>
>>120108430
>or that Chinese guy.
That's a pretty severe case of shit taste you've got there.
>>
>>120108430
>I don't understand why /a/ is so in love with it

OH YEAAAAAH~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9FvddtgpM
>>
>>120108430
Control your hindsight bias.
>>
After the first qualifying tournament Smile said he would quit. Then he is starting his crazy training with the coach. What do you think made him change his mind?
>>
>>120108407
Because everyone looks inside a occupied bathroom stall if there is a big, tall, bald athlete with his eyes closed, listening to the toilet flush.
>>
>>120108407
Anxiety can cause bouts of intense need to shit or vomit. Especially when you know you wont be able to do those things without it being embarassing (in front of many people).
>>
>>120108430
An American sports movie is all about "YEAH WE CAN DO IT, WE'RE THE BEST, BOYS, GOT GET EM SON OF BITCHES" it would all be about the sport and nothing about the characters so it always ends up having no real feeling of wanting to know who's going to win. Ping-Pong manages to do both.
>>
Gonna watch this finally I guess. Commie subs meme subbing or okay to watch?
>>
I didn't even start watching it because the art is ugly as shit. Yeah, I get it. They CHOSE to have ugly shitty art. It was a choice to go with an ugly art style that takes 0 effort.

Pff, spare me.

>>120108761
>an american sports movie is all about
>look everybody I haven't watched a single american sports movie
>>
It was definitely AOTY. The characters were superb, the OST was top tier and everything about it was just great.
>>
>>120108115
Had it been anyone else other than Yuasa it would been a total disaster.

Once again he saved anime.
>>
File: fucking a.png (108KB, 413x347px) Image search: [Google]
fucking a.png
108KB, 413x347px
>>120111194
Reminder
>>
Loved everything about it.

Also Wen Yexing voicing China was GOAT
>>
>>120112216
fuck yeah man I loved that voice
>>
>>120111194
Yeah I can see you're just a fagtrom from this single post, by the way I'm the anon you replied to and I've watched enough trashy american sports movies to know how they are.
>>
>>120108430
Watch it again and pay more attention to the side characters
>>
>>120108145
>>120108235
>>120108343
>>120108402
>>120111500

http://niceme.me/
>>
File: 1419918878855.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1419918878855.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
Not a masterpiece like some would herald it as but it had some of the strongest development I've seen in years. The show also flowed very well and gave off the feeling the show just got better with each subsequent episode. AOTY '14 obviously, no debate on that.
>>
>>120112628
> not a masterpiece

what anime do you think is a masterpiece then? is one of the best anime of this decade
>>
>>120112250
You can claim to have watched whatever you want and done whatever you want.

It doesn't change the fact that if you have that opinion, that you either have not seen any, or are too retarded to have understood them. And that's a very high level of retardation.
>>
It was good, I guess. Honestly, I never really got attached to the show or got invested in any of the characters. I can appreciate what it did but I just wasn't all that into it.
>>
>>120112779
Nothing. The word masterpiece is a hyperbole in itself, really.
>>
>>120111500
Fuck, agreeing with the worst tripfag is always painful.

>>120112468
You're retarded.
>>
>>120113340
The faggot knows his sports anime, but that's about it.
>>
It was pretty good story-wise and by far the best sports anime I've ever seen, but I still think that they could've made it even better with a less controversial look. Like, come on. It's a visual medium, at least give me something to look at that doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out.
>>
>>120108407
You never played a sport in HS did you anon?
>>
>>120113547
I don't understand why so many people got a problem with the looks. To me it might have been what I enjoyed the most about it and what got me interested in the first place.
I get that something like that is very subjective but still...
>>
>>120113340
>Fuck, agreeing with the worst tripfag is always painful.
Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a whatever.
>>
>>120108115
One of my favorite series that I watched. Motivated me a lot to the things the I wanted to. A very powerful story.
>>
>>120108504
He saw how shit Peco was and wanted to motivate him to play again. That's kinda the main plot thread in the series.
>>
>>120113807
hmm I see, that makes sense, thanks!
>>
>>120112148
No.

It's about ping pong. No matter how serious or complex the plot can possibly be, it's a small step up from bayblades and card games.

Besides, the people who like it seem unreasonably enthusiastic about it without being able to put forth any criticism whatsoever. A lot like fanboys basically, who pretty much only got into anime a few years ago.

>>120113678
Probably because they have eyes, you know?
>>
breddy gud, 9/10
>>
>>120113886
it's actually not about Ping Pong
>>
File: 1346388385047.jpg (68KB, 607x720px) Image search: [Google]
1346388385047.jpg
68KB, 607x720px
>>120113956
And Yu Gi Oh isn't actually about card games.
>>
>>120114068
how is that relevant?
>>
>>120114068
The Yu Gi Oh business model is to sell card games to kids its a big difference.
>>
It was a change of pace story- and artwise, and very good at that.
>>
Really enjoyed it. My expectations were that it would be average, but it was pretty good if not amazing. The style was different and the story really developed every character amazingly. I thought before watching "I'm not going to like the matches for ping pong, they bore me". Found myself really enjoying the way they present the matches.
>>
I didn't understand Kong's character
Every time he was "fuck this, I am going back to mama", but then he continued training until he won. What gives? Was he really not allowed to go back to China without winning? Why couldn't he quit?
>>
>>120115919
perhapshe didn't want to go back at first because he felt like he would be disappointing his mom? Then he found happiness in training the Japanese team.
>>
>>120116260
oh and I think he says something like "well I was sent here to train these guys initially so I might as well actually do it" after his first defeat
>>
Heraldy?
>>
File: pingpong (8).jpg (51KB, 450x683px) Image search: [Google]
pingpong (8).jpg
51KB, 450x683px
fuck i love ping pong
>>
File: hero kenzan.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hero kenzan.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62qWI7CpIds
>>
>>120108115

is this a fun show?

i don't want anything serious or try too hard to be drorama like Hanayamata.
>>
>>120116516
muh dick
>>
>>120113547
>but I still think that they could've made it even better with a less controversial look.

It's like no one here read the manga, or anything else, by Matsumoto. The anime is about 85% faithful to the story and moreso for the artstyle. It's the way he draws and changing it would lose a lot of the character the series has. If anything, having a different, safer artstyle would make it less notable and have cries from people complaining about a reverse Aku no Hana.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.