[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any anime made within the last ten years that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: macross-dyrl.png (289KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
macross-dyrl.png
289KB, 580x326px
Is there any anime made within the last ten years that doesn't use any CGI for mechanical things (vehicles, mecha, etc.)?
>>
>>119768778
yes
>>
Captain Earth
>>
>>119768778
Boku no PIco
>>
>>119768778
There is one THIS SEASON but you fags are all ignoring it.
>>
>>119768778
>2014+1
>still hating CGI
>>
>>119769856
Do tell
>>
>>119769856
enlighten me or else I'll ignore it even more
>>
>>119769971
It will take you 2 minutes to find it yourself.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-12-22h51m47s182.png (626KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-12-22h51m47s182.png
626KB, 1280x720px
Fucking Code Geass
>>
>>119769881
There are some really questionable cases of it still, but studios like Satelight have been steadily improving when it comes to mecha.
>>
File: 1408092788647.jpg (192KB, 767x570px) Image search: [Google]
1408092788647.jpg
192KB, 767x570px
>>119769881
>Implying there is anything on earth that clashes more than 2D and 3D.

3D is fine by itself, 2D is fine by itself, but together looks like trash.
>>
>>119770015
Untrue. I don't mind searching with something to be on but that's nothing.
>>
>>119768778
>hasn't watched any Sunrise shows in the last few years
>thinly veiled rec thread
>>>/out/
>>
>>119770249
Don't be so lazy.
https://livechart.me/winter
>>
>>119770308
I don't see a "contains no CGI" tag for any of those.
>>
Gundam still hasn't switched over so yeah.
>>
Gundam Unicorn and other Gundams, Captain Earth, Star Driver, Code Geass, FMP TSR off the top of my head.
>>
Surely Macross Delta will not betray us.
>>
>heisei 27
>Still hating on CGI
>>
File: sakuradite.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
sakuradite.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>119770061
Beg pardon?
>>
>>119770123
Majestic Prince had pretty good use of CG last year. The same cg company has a show this season so we'll have to see how it goes.
>>
>>119770475
UC had tons of CG but not all the time.
>>
>>119770475
Gundam UC had CG though...
>>
>>119770061
Nothing wrong with that. If it bothers you, I bet you probably scream your shit out with stuff like Godannar, Gravion or similar too.

Also, Code Geass actually had some pretty good mechanical 2D animation during the TV series.

The OVA has 3DCGI, but from the same studio that worked on MJP, so it's cool.
>>
>>119771053
Not for a lot of it.
>>
>>119770971
Do you have autism? The actual mechas and battles aren't CGI.
>>
>2015 AD
>CGI is still sitting at the bottom of uncanny valley and doesn't even try to get out
Damn Japan
>>
>>119771209
CGI is always shit. There's no reason for anime to go down that route when traditional drawn is superior in almost every way and ages way better.
>>
>>119771352
>traditional drawn is superior in almost every way
lel
That was the case 2 decades ago when animators were actually competent.
Now they can only draw cute girls and still fail at it somehow
>>
>>119771209

Japan can have some shiny looking cgi when it wants to, see advent children and just about every final fantasy cgi cutscene.
>>
>even the characters are celshaded generic cgi models
>>
>>119773076
It still ages like shit. Anime-style art in CGI looks weird as fuck.
>>
>>119773145
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>119773173
The problem isn't so much the look of the CGI itself as it is the animation. For some reason a lot of CGI animation in anime either sticks out far too much against 2D animation, or in full CGI shows like Sidonia and Arpeggio, it just isn't fluid enough to look good. They limit themselves to the same standards as 2D anime instead of taking advantage of the possibilities that are opened up. Either that or they just don't get the resources to allow them to do so with a 13-26 episode run.

I mean, look at shit like Kamikaze Douga's cutscenes in Fire Emblem Awakening. They look fucking amazing, so it's not an inherent problem with CGI itself but rather in how it's utilized.
>>
>>119773173
I'd argue in the case of Advent Children and FFVIII-FFXIII, the art works well at finding that happy medium between realistic/uncanny and stylized/hand drawn animation. It's not always the most beautiful and I certainly prefer hand-drawn, but it's leagues better than the weirdly inserted CGI you see in most anime.
>>
>>119773422
>They limit themselves to the same standards as 2D anime instead of taking advantage of the possibilities that are opened up.
That's because even in japan there's tons of gigantic retards like OP who just hate CG because it doesn't look as bad their low budget anime when done well, which pushes CG studios to limit themselves as such.

They do need to keep some form of limited animation though, even in full CG. Unless it's not cell shaded.
>>
I didn't want to shit up the board with a new useless thread, and as this is the only mecha thread i wanted to ask the name of some mecha anime movie/OVA i saw here but didn't save. There was a gif floating around here where the pilot moves his fingers and then the camera shift to the the mecha hand doing the same movements with all the hydraulics and shit inside it. The animation style was the older type, darker colors, like EVA
>>
>>119775024
Patlabor. Second movie.
>>
>>119773422
>Kamikaze Douga's cutscenes in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Yeah, those are pretty amazing. There's also the 3D instance frames with special shading used in Guilty Gear Xrd which look pretty great too. The biggest problem is probably having a budget sufficient to produce something at that quality.

If something were to be produced at the quality of the cutscenes in FE:A, the studio would need to take the Ufotable strategy and only release things every couple or few years instead of every season or every other season.
>>
>>119775349
May the harem god be ever in your favor
>>
>>119775434
I don't want a harem, I just want to become a cute 2D girl.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.