[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls und Panzer Maginot spinoff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

File: Maginot academy ship.jpg (318KB, 1297x933px) Image search: [Google]
Maginot academy ship.jpg
318KB, 1297x933px
a.k.a. GuP "What are they exactly overcompensating for?" Edition
>>
File: 1364148819832.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1364148819832.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>117134502
for comparison, and for those saying "B-but Surcouf DID have those big twin 8" guns!", the schoolship based off HMS Dreadnought had al six twin 12" turrets replaced by nice round plazas
>>
>>117134502
What are those "guns" supposed to be?
>>
>>117134740
overcompensation, as the OP stated. Question being "for what?"
>>
>>117134502
They are girls so I doubt that it could be "that".
>>
>>117134502
For WWII, they stil want to get their revenge.
>>
>>117134766
they're all flat
>>
>>117135079
that might be a reason...
>>
I'm more scared by those 200 m tall torpedo tubes.
Assuming that the Eiffel-tower replica was made in in 1:1 scale the distance between maindeck and waterline is at least 1500 m.
>>
As much as it looks in this manga. It is small compared to the other Schoolships.
>>
>>117134502
>a.k.a. GuP "What are they exactly overcompensating for?" Edition
Well my theory is that they couldn't remove the turrets without sacrificing structural integrity when they submerge. Sure, they could have replaced the guns with something else, but the guns are probably there to begin with and they would have trouble building something else there.
>>
>>117135347
Also it's keeping with their school emblem.
>>
Reminder those schools are still Japanase. So maybe that schoolship was Japan warship in early planning when wanted revenge for pacific war, but someone discovered it and blocked their effort forcing them to remodel this on schoolship based on French sub.
>>
>>117135347
Also from what I understand from the manga, Maginot had a history of underachieving with their "battleship formation", whereby all their tanks cluster together into some kind of super-landship with the flag tank in the centre and all the smaller tanks acting like turrets around the flag tank, and the whole thing move as a slow moving box.

It seems the new head of Maginot Senshado decided to get her inspiration from Napoleon, and trying to change their failed tactics to that of a mobile strike force. Sadly some of their current tanks are so bad that they were unable to penetrate enemy tanks from behind at near point blank. And everything they had was slow.
>>
>>117135396
>Also it's keeping with their school emblem.
I like that idea. It is like a giant 3D version of the symbol of their school.
>>
>>117134502
Can we agree that Éclair is a qt? I like it when she's bullied by other Maginot girls.

Too bad about that grandma uniform though.
>>
How big those cannons accually? Anyone tried to guess caliber?
>>
File: 14 Bungee.jpg (583KB, 1200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
14 Bungee.jpg
583KB, 1200x3000px
>>117135226
Oarai stands 440 meters or so (Source: Momo Bungeeing), and Maginot is smaller, so it's safe to asume it isn't to scale.
That, or it IS to scale and drawing perspective is playing with us (polite way of saying, "mangaka goofed")
>>
>>117135347
>couldn't remove the turrets
Question being why the heck they were built in a purpose-built SCHOOL SHIP to begin with?
Remember, Anons, these aren't warships!
>>
>>117135226
Sub-craft hangars.
>>
>>117135452
>warship in early planning
Which warship would have guns of about 8 DECAMETERS caliber? Just think the bullets they would have to fire. At that size, you'd most likely being better by firing a fuckhuge missile!
No, better don't answer, we all know we'd want a couple of the manyway, just because...
Also, if that were a decomisoned ex-superwarship, it would no longer have the fun stuff. So... WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS???
>>
>>117136341
I'm just saying that Japan was doing overcompensating with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 248x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 248x238px
>Maginot

Named after the worst millitary idea of the Past century.
Are they even trying ?
>>
>>117136549
>Named after the worst millitary idea of the Past century.
>Are they even trying ?
Free French and Vichy France are not doing any better with their mini-Cold War on the BC Freedom.
>>
>>117136585
>Free French and Vichy France are not doing any better with their mini-Cold War on the BC Freedom.
Fascists and antifascists in one ship. What do you expect?
>>
>>117136549
>big fortification against perceived attack line
>worst idea
Choose one.
It WAS a mistake, a big, a very big mistake because the attack did NOT came from where they thought it would come, but it was not a "bad idea", if you get the difference

Now, sticking to keeping all your tanks dispersed piecemeal all along your infantry forces, after the experiences of the Sino-Japanese, Russian-Japanese, and Spanish Civil War have all demostrated that this Guderian's chap's theory of "using the tanks in independent, powerful formations" does, indeed, work... well, now THIS might indeed qualify as the worst military idea od the XX Century

>>117136733
Fireworks
>>
>>117136549
Or, you know, named after the actually good politician and brave soldier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Maginot)
whose name was posthumously given to the fortifications (which incidentally Germany was able to circumvent by passing its Panzers through hills and marshlands which had been impenetrable to tanks when Maginot made his recommendations; it was his sucessors in office the ones who failed to perceive that, not him, who had already died of typhoid fever)

All in all, they got a better deal than YOGHOURT or WAFFLES, m8
>>
>>117136770
From Wikipedia:
>"At one point during the fighting, General Martin, commander of the IX Corps, was ordered to advance from the Maginot Line against a German division, and consequently locked the concrete bunkers and left the keys with a colleague. When his fellow commander's unit was ordered south to reinforce French cities, Martin was forced to retreat from his attack and found himself pursued by a German tank division, and locked out of his own fortifications. He had to employ French engineers and sappers to break into the bunkers, which were subsequently overrun by the Germans"
Fuckin.
Comedy.
Gold.
I hope they have a chapter of they getting locked out of their own ship so they have to call for Oarai's (seem to be in friendly termns) help sending Yukari to infiltrate their own school
>>
File: Sub-Carrier.jpg (332KB, 1205x634px) Image search: [Google]
Sub-Carrier.jpg
332KB, 1205x634px
Big-Gun Submarines are a stupid idea

Now, Carrier Submarines, there's an idea worth perusing
>>
File: j8geXy0.jpg (593KB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
j8geXy0.jpg
593KB, 2160x1440px
>>117134502
is that an AKULA, the real missle deck is quiet flat, like a aircarft carrier
>>
File: Surcouf_FRA.jpg (92KB, 909x391px) Image search: [Google]
Surcouf_FRA.jpg
92KB, 909x391px
>>117137594

Naw

The Surcouf
>>
>>117134740
Railguns to launch satellites into space, that's the only possible answer!
>>
>>117137409
>Implying the Surcouf wasn't ALSO a submersible carrier
Nigga, do you even /ak/?
>>
>>117137654
High-express instant wine delivery ANYWHERE in the world!

Problem solved.

+10 to you, Anon.
>>
>>117134502
>dat Eiffel Tower
>>
>>117137863
>>dat Eiffel Tower
I am still hoping there is some glass dome that can rise up and cover the city so the whole thing can submerge.
>>
>>117137723

One single floatplane does not make an aircraft carrier, otherwise the old Tennesse-class battleships (that carried floatplanes for long-range spotting) would have been counted as aircraft carrier too!
>>
>>117137900
Acgtually, scratch that. I prefer if the city sinks down instead, Tokyo-3 style.
>>
Poor Saori. She not cut out to be a tank commander.
>>
File: tanker sigh.jpg (139KB, 991x692px) Image search: [Google]
tanker sigh.jpg
139KB, 991x692px
>These goggles don't fit right
>It's hot in here
>Robert is my Commander
>I hate Robert
>I wish I was at home watching GuP
>My butt hurts
>>
>>117137910
But, Anon, ALL submarines carrying even just one or two planes (like many a Japanese model) ARE counted as "submersible aircraft carriers". Don't think that ALL "aircraft carriers" are flat tops.
>>
File: I can feel it.jpg (134KB, 600x1007px) Image search: [Google]
I can feel it.jpg
134KB, 600x1007px
>>117138361
>My butt hurts
>not posting any Saori
You had one job, Anon. ONE
>>
>>117137915
It canonically submerges. And based upon the shot of OVA 3, it does with a fuckhuge dome
>>
>>117138396

Look, last I checked, the definition of "Aircraft Carrier" was "ship that serves as a seagoing mobile aircraft base".

Now, I'll agree there's leeway in interpreting that definition, but "pulling a single floatplane out of a hangar and leaving it afloat to do its business" falls short of it in my book, mainly because a submarine lacks a way to assist the plane to take off, which will be required the moment the sea is agitated. (The exception would be the Japanese I-400 model, who had a crude 'catapult', but then again, it had been designed to ferry bombers close to their objective in the first place.)
>>
>>117138724
>I'm an armchair Major General self-proclaimed master historian that go against generally acknowledged terminology that every submarine ever actually carrying even one aircraft, just for observation, gets classified as "submarine aircraft carrier"
FTFY
Look, Anon, you can rave and rant as much as you wish. Feel free. Feel free even to mock me back - I admit I started.
That won't change the fact that a sub carrying even one plane is rare and impressive enough that they're called "submarine aircraft carriers", the lot of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_aircraft_carrier
I *do* know WIkipedia is not the most reliable source for a lot of things, but with the huge autism surrounding military terminology, it can at least be counted to be accurate towards it.
>>
>>117135226
Those 'torpedo tubes' launch full sized subs, which then launch the torpedoes.
>>
>>117139489
Those torpedoes are manned (mini-subs) and their crewmen dismount and fire harpoons.
The kind tipped with a bullet that fires on impact.
>>
>>117139170
>rare and impressive enough

It wasn't, it actually was dropped by almost every nation experimenting with it due to being impractical and dangerous. The French kept one on the "Surcouf" only because it needed a spotter for its big guns to fire beyond the horizon line. As for the Japanese, while the idea sounded great in theory, the few aircraft-equipped submarines that saw service didn't perform too well, (partly) because of the time needed to deploy and recover the airplane and the limitations the equipment imposed on the submarine.
>>
File: Sherman in French hands.jpg (453KB, 1280x965px) Image search: [Google]
Sherman in French hands.jpg
453KB, 1280x965px
>>117134502

>French Team

So do they only use French tanks or...
>>
>>117139971
>only a few ever made
>not rare
Anon, I...

>impractical and difficult to achieve
>not impressive if done
This one is a matter of dictionary. You thought I meant impressive as in "awesome", I meant it as in "it's impressive they managed to do it".

You'll notice, nowere did I argue that having a submarine aircraft carrier was a good idea. Only one doing it here seems to be >>117137409, the one that I started answering to.
>>
>>117140157
Pre-surrending France team (keep the jokes for yourself, we've heard them all). BC Freedom is post-surrendingFrance (BOTH of them) team.

Maginot's line-up is seen in the Anzio OVA. It has S35s, B1s, either H35s or R35s (letter is obscured), and FUCKING FT-17s.
. They also have a non-functional ARL-44.

BC Freedom has two teams, one using Lend-lease tanks, another using old French and second-rate German tanks.
They also have a MOTHERFUCKING FCM F1

Yes, the pre-surrender has the late war design and the post-surrender has teh pre-war one. No typo.
>>
>>117139589
Now we need an orbital mothership that launches Academy Warships and we have AOTY,EY
>>
File: 1348169975774.jpg (417KB, 960x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1348169975774.jpg
417KB, 960x1300px
Why are there ships the size of fucking continents in this manga? Does /a/ think its physically feasible for earth bound vessels to get that big in real life?
>>
>>117140420
Maginot is clearly shown having R35s in the spin off. IIRC the Hotchkiss are in the BC Freedom lineup.
>>
>>117140456
>You've reached Intergalactic Underwater Pest Control hotline. How might I help you?
>We have an underwater pest problem in Water Planet #3.
>OK. We'll dispatch an interstellar SuperMothership, that will drop an Academy Warship, that will deploy a nuclear sub, that will fire a maned torpedo, whose rider shall launch a harpoon, which will fire a bullet at the pest.
>Do you take visa?
>No. Just cash.
>Damn.
>>
>>117140601
>in real life
Who gives a fuck, I don't read GuP for its realistic setting and neither should you.
>>
>>117140420
>FUCKING FT-17s

YES
>>
>>117140601
>ships the size of fucking continents
What continents are barely able to contain a single city?
>>
>>117140263

I see you point now, but still, it feels more like stubbornness to me.
>>
>>117137409
The Japanese already built that.
>>
File: Ruskies.jpg (1MB, 3000x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Ruskies.jpg
1MB, 3000x1969px
>>117138361

Why do IRL tankers seem so sad all the time?
>>
>>117141290

>Tankers

That's an IFV
>>
What's the official title of the GuP Maginot spinoff webmanga?
>>
>>117141894
I have another question. WHEN is happening? (dat Pz IV Ausf. D)...
>>
File: 1388496802726.jpg (233KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1388496802726.jpg
233KB, 849x1200px
>>117141290
because they aren't little girls.
Any more questions?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.