>>511132 People who claim these things are done in Blender are trolls. 99% of people who claim they did something like that in Blender did it in Max; the remaining 1% are fat nerds who spend all their time doing nothing but modeling in Blender in order to stick it to the man.
It sounds like, from his thread, he modeled 350 kitbashed pieces in Blender, used modifiers and py scripts to make something almost entirely procedural, then used Houdini to finish it
I hope he'll revisit a project like this when the node based duplii shit is implemented in Blender, sounds like it'd be right up his ally
As for "it's not possible to make good things in Blender", it's just that you need to invest quite a bit of time (and MAYBE some money) in add-ons, tweaks, custom scripts, and forks / branches / alternate builds with features not yet in the official release. But I kind of suspect the same is true at the highest level for Max, Maya, Zbrush etc, they may have a lower floor but they all have a high ceiling
Nobody becomes this good. Any good cg work is done by a select few asian demi-gods who naturally have the ability to do great cg work. All others can merely try and fail to produce anything half decent looking. People who tell you "practice and you will do better eventually" are liars. They are either trained by the Jews that run the world to persuade people like you to keep yourself occupied and distract you from the corruption that exists in the world, or they're trolls that are trying to mess with you. Give it up now before it is too late.
>"As you can see I try to keep the base meshes clean/light and fast to change while relying heavily on Modifer/Nodal(houdini) history to build more complex meshes out of them in a nonlinear/nondestructive process. There's heavy reliance on Solidify, Bevels, Booleans, Lattice, CurveDeform, Screws, Arrays etc. Even the UVs are autoprojected(uv project modifier) from 4 dominant vectors which enables making cycles render previews with near-final materials possible at very early stage while mesh is still drastically evolving. The whole idea is to bypass STEP-BY-STEP execution in favor of enabling rapid, progressive iterations to every part of the scene. There's a bit more going on than this which could use a more indepth explanation (houdini part, python, workflow and other specifics) but it should give anyone curious a good overview and also highlight how Blenders powerful modifier based workflow can be applied.
Once again, Thank you all Sincerely! "
So I guess he mostly used Houdini as a way to manage all the procedurally generated bits and pieces
>>511132 >this good nigga relax. Take that picture and load it up as image planes and just try to copy it as best you can. I think you'll find that a lot of that model is easier to make than you think.
I am not that good with had surface, but it looks tedious as fuck.
Personally I think it would probably have been better with less detail. It has so much detail it's really noisy and you don't got any clear focal point. Also it doesn't look functional and more like "gamer-tech" like some Alienware laptop or razor mouse and the robot probably runs on mountain dew and doritos.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the post's information.