[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi all, first time poster. Was redirected here from /g/ I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: blender-23[1].jpg (104KB, 700x533px) Image search: [Google]
blender-23[1].jpg
104KB, 700x533px
Hi all, first time poster. Was redirected here from /g/

I am trying to print a 3D model. Working in Blender for the first time. I have a shape that i want to print (pic related, it is hyperbolic paraboloid).

I need help. I got this model from Thingverse and it has shitload of faces and edges, really hard to work on. Would like to build a same model myself from a cube but do not know how to do it. What i need to do is to put a point in the middle of the edge of cube and then extrude it, but do it so the end is not sharp but round (extruded shape would not be a triangle but arc). How can i do this?

Probably not even worth creating a thread for such a silly question
>>
File: Capture.png (20KB, 587x414px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 587x414px
sorry wrong pic.
>>
I'm not experienced in either of these, but here's my thoughts: NURBS might help you on the modelling side, but eventually the 3D printing software will probably convert it to a mesh of polygons anyway.
>>
>>507852
anyone know how to make shape in this pic? should be quite easy?
>>
Try manipulating vertices on a subdivided cube with propotional editing enabled
>>
File: convex thing.png (95KB, 1462x848px) Image search: [Google]
convex thing.png
95KB, 1462x848px
1, make cube, go into edit mode, select all edges (key "A" on the keyboard) and make the "mean crease" 1 on all of them. When you make a full(1) mean crease on the edges its wont be subdivided/smoothed there on this edge.

2, make loop cuts like a parcel.

3, mush vertical loopcut ontop down and cut horizontal up

4; to get a smooth shape you apply subsurf modifier
>>
>>508404
could also do that by starting with just a plane, then duplicate, extrude, and evenly scale the outermost edge loop to get the cube.
>>
>>508408

You probably can make it a bunch of different ways, maybe even try boolean, but I just thought this was the easiest way for OP to replicate because it doesnt have that much work stepts and should be doable by someone with little expirience.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (131KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
131KB, 1366x768px
>>507851
>hyperbolic paraboloid
enable this add-on that lets you make meshes from math functions. all that's left to do is to extrude/scale the outer loop to make a cube.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.