[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique thread, let's all tear each others work apart.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 124

File: Bowie.png (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bowie.png
2MB, 2000x1500px
Critique thread, let's all tear each others work apart.

I'll go first. Pic related
>>
File: 1366587295005.gif (867KB, 145x82px) Image search: [Google]
1366587295005.gif
867KB, 145x82px
>stylized proportions
>>
>>485138
If the handle fits one hand which is ~3.5 inches
and the blade is double that length then it's ~7 inches. Not that stylish then huh?
>>
>>485140

The hole is way too big, it wouldn't be structurally sound what so ever. The tang would have to be really awkwardly placed as well based on that crossguard and handle location.

Actually no, let's back up a bit. Why is there a giant fucking hole in your knife?
>>
File: Longsword.jpg (271KB, 1759x973px) Image search: [Google]
Longsword.jpg
271KB, 1759x973px
Might be a bit OT, but it posting here beats bumping a dying thread. I have no idea how i should go about texturing this. I also have no idea how to use zBrush beyond masking and sculpting. How the fuck do i just add edge loops around the blade to fix the poly density? Are there any decent zBrush tuts for adding scratches and dents to metal, or am I better off relying on textures for surface scratches?

>>485143
I imagine the hole serves the same purpose as a fuller on a sword. It changes the balance point and reduces weight, which also makes the blade feel more stiff relative to its weight, i.e, it becomes far more precise.
>>
>>485143
The beauty of 3D is that sometimes you can do whatever you want instead of pumping out soulless engineered game assets. I could make a perfectly proportional blade if I want, but I don't have to
>>
>>485144
I texture painted scratches In 3DS max and used normal maps generated in crazy bump. I unwrapped in 3DS max as well. Honestly I don't know shit about sculpting but I would say you should probably learn a traditional modeling software like Maya or max. As for your sword its pretty good. If you are good at sculpting I would suggest making some fancy designs to put on it. Good luck learning
>>
>>485146
It's modelled in Maya, i haven't done anything in zBrush besides split it into polyGroups. Thing is i want to create roughness maps etc. and i'm not sure if i should just mask that in on a texture, and create a bump map from textures, or if there is a nice way to do that in zBrush.
>>
File: IMG_20072015_230517.png (164KB, 357x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20072015_230517.png
164KB, 357x406px
>let's all tear each others work apart.

h-hi.
>>
>>485159
looks terrible. looks like a small toy barrel injection printed in plastic and coated with a super glossy varnish.
>>
>>485160
Holy shit that is a perfect description.
>>
>>485136
Worthless faggot kill yourself
>>
File: helm0000.jpg (98KB, 731x720px) Image search: [Google]
helm0000.jpg
98KB, 731x720px
>>
>>485165
purple makes it look like a gay spartan's helmet
>>
File: helmet copy.jpg (437KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
helmet copy.jpg
437KB, 1920x1080px
>>485165
Dude give me tips. That looks amazing!
This is what I just made... Quick 45 minute project but needed something to show my skill level (wich is low, i know). Iv only been using blender for a month or so. Give me all the critique and tips you can. (I know the lazy unwrapping and texturing already)
>>
File: download_20150723_230040.png (546KB, 371x501px) Image search: [Google]
download_20150723_230040.png
546KB, 371x501px
I maed dis
>>
File: magneto_scena.jpg (216KB, 1043x600px) Image search: [Google]
magneto_scena.jpg
216KB, 1043x600px
>>485170
I dont know if im competent enough to give you advice but pic rel is my scene and lighting setup
Main light is skylight with hdri map also used as enviroment/reflection
Map taken from here
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html "old industrial hall"
And about your helmet
Model looks really solid but the main material could use more reflectivity and placement of those scratches does make sense
>>
>>485172
Thanks for the skylight tip! Been using emitting planes so far... The scratches dont make sense because the texture is just a 800x800 iron texture slabbed on an unwrapped uv. (hence the unwrap seams you can see)
>>
>>485170
i also added some vignetting and chromatic abberation in post
>>
File: KQcfdBL[1].jpg (775KB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
KQcfdBL[1].jpg
775KB, 1920x3240px
Invader Zim Restaurant :D
>>
File: The barrel game.webm (895KB, 800x398px) Image search: [Google]
The barrel game.webm
895KB, 800x398px
>>485160
>>485161
dabbling in unity. I'll get better.
>>
>>485180
Yesss! This is epic.
>>
File: cmon.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cmon.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How do i interiors?
>>
>>485194
need more realistic materials, better lighting, post effects, more objects/ homely items around the place.
>>
>>485194

Add an island.
Better lighting, that shadow grain is kiiiilling me.
Better materials
More polygons on the newspaper and knife block

Otherwise it's 'aight.
>>
>>485194
Too much useless space in the middle, the cabinet doors are too low, you need some kind of legs in the cabinets, that one cabinet hanging on the wall makes no sense whatsoever, not to mention the handle is in a ridiculous place. I see what you're trying to achieve, but you need better sense of understanding interior design and utilizing space.
Protip: read some ikea booklets.
>>
File: J4mqXsR[1].jpg (261KB, 800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
J4mqXsR[1].jpg
261KB, 800x1800px
>>485192
herez moar
>>
>>485194
I'm no expert, but move that cabinet lower ffs.
1. it's uncomfy to reach that high/get a chair.
2.there's always space between it and ceiling, unless it's the kind that is applied to wall and ceiling. (it isn't)

needs a bit more light, I like the grain tho.
all the drawers and doors of the cabinets below are all the way to the floor, usually they are not. and the distance between doors/drawers and floor is receded or missing entirely(just legs).

pardon my grammar.
>>
>>485200

I like your stuff, just finish it. Having the gray space around is killing me.
>>
File: rustoleum-cabinets.jpg (22KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
rustoleum-cabinets.jpg
22KB, 580x435px
>>485201
>>485194
>>
>>485203

This. More space below the bottom cabinets and above the top cabinets
>>
>>485170
Textures for the metal bands going across the head kinda suck. Looks like someone put donut glaze on it.
>>
bump
>>
>>485520
fix your barrels already
>>
>>485557
what should I fix about them?
"fix your barrels already" isn't exactly constructive anon
>>
>>485520
The texture on the topside rim is correctly aligned, but poorly scaled, very obvious stretching is happening as a result.
>>
File: barrel UVW wire2 wired.jpg (194KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
barrel UVW wire2 wired.jpg
194KB, 512x512px
>>485570
ah, I see now what bothers you. I left it a bit stretched because I do not have a wood end grain texture/save space to put other stuff on same map, I'll add a wood end grain on next edit.
>>
>>485560
redo the texture for the metal rings. It looks like someone came on them. Make the bumpiness smaller and sharpen the specular
>>
>>485192
>>this is epic?? follow the thread-rules pls!
>>
>>485136
Looks way too clean. Try playing with spec and roughness maps to get that nice look.

Also teach yourself some studio lighting to show off your models. The shadow take up more of the frame then what you're actually trying to show.
>>
File: Render.jpg (1MB, 1920x1361px) Image search: [Google]
Render.jpg
1MB, 1920x1361px
Still wip.
>>
File: stagbeetle.png (443KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
stagbeetle.png
443KB, 600x900px
have at me, i'm a noob
>>
>>488167
I love the ceiling trimming, but the windows are too blown out, also I think a darker green on the chairs might help a bit. Good job on the ornate detail on the cabinet and drawers, looks good.
>>
>>488170
is that even 3d? Show it from an angle
>>
File: 3d.png (677KB, 967x783px) Image search: [Google]
3d.png
677KB, 967x783px
>>488192
I dont have any good renders from the side but it's for sure 3d
>>
>>488193
I don't know much about bugs but good model. Extra points for making a more realistic version
>>
File: test3ps.jpg (432KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
test3ps.jpg
432KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>488193
Horned Steven.
>>
>>485171
Reminds me of an object from Katamari Damacy, has a really appealing look to it. Keep doing this stuff.
>>
>>488211
That "mattress" looks way too thin on the Z axis to be considered normal.
>>
>>488167
You're obviously a very skilled modeler, but your scene's composition could be better:

Everything in this scene directs my eye to the dickbutt, but yet the dickbutt is tiny and blocked by the chandelier.

If you want the table to be the center piece, you need to take that candle stick off the back piece of furniture, make that piece of furniture a little lower or the ceiling a little higher, bring the table a little closer to the foreground, and make it pop, either by changing the color or making the light cast on it more eye-catching.

If you want a more rigorous definition of what I'm talking about, consider watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8i7OKbWmRM

Can't wait to see the final product
>>
>>488211
>>488418

I think it's supposed to be a futon, which can be rather thin when fully stretched out (compared to a box spring and mattress at any rate), and I'm guessing it's been made to specifications matching a real world object, but because we don't have anything to tell us where the rim or edge of it is, our eye becomes confused and the thickness of it becomes unclear.
>>
File: Ayy.png (187KB, 800x748px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.png
187KB, 800x748px
Rate it or hate it
>>
File: xcom_wants_the_furry_audience.png (2MB, 999x1436px) Image search: [Google]
xcom_wants_the_furry_audience.png
2MB, 999x1436px
>>488438
Git gud you faggot, if you're going to go full sexual deviant, go all the way
>>
>>488449
I like this but there is something wrong with the eyes.

Make them more 'slit-like' and certainly add some gloss.
>>
>>488449
Infact, scrub my earlier comment and change the eyes (brightness/saturation/or hue) the slit-eyes are ok and then add some gloss.
>>
>>488451
>>488458

Oh, it's not my art, I wish I was that talented; I'd be making dosh off of furries

It's somewhat off model; he made it based on some 2d fanart he liked
>>
File: reptilian_humanoid[1].jpg (109KB, 590x715px) Image search: [Google]
reptilian_humanoid[1].jpg
109KB, 590x715px
>>488449
>>488438
/3/ needs more reptaliens
>>
>>485194
I have no idea why no one has mentioned the weird ass placement of the sink, which should be in front of the window.

Kitchens aren't just cobbled together willy nilly either, the important elements of a good kitchen, (sink, workspace, oven/stove) should be set in a triangle formation with nothing along that path that needs a lot of access while someone is cooking.

Nice lighting so far!
>>
>>485136

Steel doesn't look like that, unless it's got serious pitting, in which case you'd have a lot of patina and rust.

Find some pictures of old knives and tools (there are a million pictures of old hand planes around) and look at the scratch patterns in the metal.
>>
>>485159

Look up a video or two that show how barrels are made. Use the word "cooper" in your search.

Your staves are too wide - there should be a lot more of them. I have no idea what your loops are supposed to be made of, but they're generally steel or wrought iron rings. Your staves should also not curve along the width. Cut down the bump - staves aren't bevelled on the edges, and when wood ages it takes on a very different pattern than what you have.

Look up what endgrain looks like - actually, all you motherfuckers look up what endgrain looks right, because I see this shit all the time around here. If you don't like showing endgrain, learn what joinery is.
>>
File: JP velociraptor textured.png (117KB, 786x435px) Image search: [Google]
JP velociraptor textured.png
117KB, 786x435px
Obviously not finished yet, but what next?
>>
>>489121

Too dark.
Too low res.
Not enough detail.
No body.
No environment.
Teeth too uniform.
Mouth too dry.
Knees too sharp.
Noise pattern on neck doesn't look like scales.
Dinosaurs aren't real.
Jesus buried the fake fossils.
Rapture 2016
Open the door
Get on the floor
everybody walk the dinosaur
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air
>>
>>489123
This embodies all things I expect in a critique from /3/

Either "it looks pretty good man" or "everythings shit kill yourself and do it over again"
>>
File: wt.jpg (479KB, 2748x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
479KB, 2748x1080px
First try-how am i doing?
>>
>>489434

You tell us.
>>
File: 3.jpg (287KB, 1536x830px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
287KB, 1536x830px
How can I make this look better? it's supposed to be a necklace for a character.
>>
>>489434
If topology is not retarded then its coming along fine
>>
>>489434
not the poster but how would one go about making those dimples on the top of the helm? Not the ones at the tips. I'm talking about the ones running from tip to tip
>>
>>489591
easiest way I think would be separate low poly cylinders. You could extrude them too but that may take too much time unwraping
>>
>>489587
Whats the art style how realistic will it be? but regardless of that model some designs and patterns around it. It'll give it a cool embossed look
>>
>>489593
>>489591
Would it be a bad idea to use a displacement map to make them?
>>
>>485171
I agree with the other. That is really cute, actually. I would like to see a bigger scene in the same style, though.

>>488167
The ceiling looks flat, it would be nice with a normal or bump map.

>>489121
You need better normals, and better lighting. Also, if you plan to do a whole creature, I suggest starting with the full body, not just the head.

>>489587
It would help to see the character. As it stands, the model looks like a hard thing (ceramic?), which would be difficult to slip over a normal head. If it is wide enough, it would be an akward thing to wear around the neck.

If you want it to look softer, perhaps make it less even in shape.and less glossy (lik a rubber bracelet). The clip also would need to change, perhaps made out of a different material.
>>
File: wrvnew_gg_compare[1].jpg (429KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wrvnew_gg_compare[1].jpg
429KB, 1280x720px
>>489594
cell shaded similar to Guilty Gear.

>>489596
it's meant to be metallic but I'm still tweaking the material. it's meant to be permanently on their neck
>>
>>489595
I'm not experienced with displacement maps but in my experience real geometry always looks better than maps. In real life those would be separate rivets. What you could do is make one, unwrap it, and then duplicate it so you only have to unwrap one. Then you can duplicate the texture in Photoshop and paint some variation on it. They are very small so they shouldn't need a lot.
>>
>>489599
like I said put designs on it. Maybe screws or rivets too
>>
>>489602
okay. thanks
>>
File: old.jpg (272KB, 1914x692px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
272KB, 1914x692px
>>489591
Already did those way back but too much poly so had to almost start over (grey) gonna try to make them visible in texture and if not fuck it
>>489441
I guess its ok...still feel like i should do more but ran out of poly (there was a limit)
>>489588
Well is it? (purple one)
>>
>>489601
>I'm not experienced with displacement maps but in my experience real geometry always looks better than maps

No fucking shit Sherlock. That's why it's more expensive by magnitudes. Nobody creates a map because it's better than modelling it.
>>
>>489670
fuck off its 2015 you can do more with geometry now
>>
>>489668
You have some triangles but its probably ok
>>
>>485170
I'm not an artist, but the thing that makes his render look so good in my opinion is the reflection. It makes it look like a photograph taken in an actual room, whereas if there was no reflection but rather just a shine then it would look more artificial. Just a thought.
>>
>>485159
The material looks like one of those "wood" plastic bench shits.

The woodgrain implies the barrel is smaller than a midget. Scale your textures correctly.
>>
>>489844
Displacement maps are a superior technology to geometry when it comes to detail.
Remember: one pixel of detail can be equal to one tri or one quad.
A 2K displacement map can provide detail up to 4 million polygons.
While with geometry you're stuck with whatever the artist gives you.

Tell me: in 2030, which game aged better?
A 2015 game that uses high poly meshes (1+ million per character)
Or a 2015 game that uses lower poly meshes (~1 million per character) and uses displacement maps (depends on map resolution)

If you think that the static mesh aged better than the mesh with dynamic tessellation, then you've got another thing coming.
High poly LODs is an increasingly depreciated technology that has existed for the past decades, whereas tessellation and displacement maps is a new technology that is rapidly taking the place of LODs.
>>
>>490260

Post some comparisons. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious to see the actual difference.
>>
>>490260
You need to subdivide the model anyway for displacement maps and they are computationally expensive. So whats your point?
>>
>>490262
You can't directly compare LODs vs tessellation (in real games), and frankly setting up both in a game engine as an experiment would be an endeavor not worth doing.
>>490267
They're obviously not computationally expensive enough to warrant doing them.

Are you implying that tessellation completely subdivides a model 100% of the time, or do you not realize that tessellation implies that the tri count of a model changes dynamically depending on the viewing distance from the camera?
>>
>>490277
>Are you implying that tessellation completely subdivides a model 100% of the time, or do you not realize that tessellation implies that the tri count of a model changes dynamically depending on the viewing distance from the camera?

Are YOU implying that high density meshes don't have LODS?
>>
>>490280
What?

Your implications don't make sense.
People add LODs where they want.
People add tessellation where they want.
>>
>>490281

You end up with high density maps regardless. Besides to create a displacement map for tesselation you basically need to high poly model it anyway. The difference between the two technologies is negligible.
>>
>>490283
You're missing the point entirely.
Tesselation is a superior technology, because simply having higher detailed geometry--and then switching between lower and higher detailed geometry--results in the popping phenomenon, and is jarring to the player.

Tessellation is superior again, because it requires less work. For LOD, you would have to decimate the mesh several times, whereas with Tessellation you could just have one mesh and a displacement map.

Simply jamming a high poly model in a game is also stupid because you're limited by processing constraints in the current generation of hardware, and having more LODs just increases disk space requirements.

Not only this, but because you don't necessarily have to worry about current or next-gen, by using larger resolution displacement maps, the detail present scales by that much.
>>
File: bimbo2.jpg (558KB, 1224x1318px) Image search: [Google]
bimbo2.jpg
558KB, 1224x1318px
Asked in a yellow board but got no responses, I hope it's ok to post this here.

I'm trying to make a 3D model from 2D sketches by an artist that uses very exaggerated proportions. While ridiculous but fitting in their original form, I think they look all over the place in 3D.

I'd like to understand why. is it because these kinds of proportions look silly when given volume, or is it because I didn't do it properly? If it's the later, how can I improve it?
>>
>>490317
john persons always makes them extra extra curvy. I don't think the model is your problem, I think the shader is. I've dealt with this before, once you get a similar shader going on, it will look like the comics.

I can make a shader that looks like that in Unity tho. with cartoon shading and black outlines and everything
>>
>>490317

Yours has too much definition. Smoothen it out, throw a tasty shader on it and it'll be better.
>>
>>490317
nice modeling skillz, i agree with anon about getting a toon style shader on those sloots, i think you could tone down the tits and ass a bit , i think it would help, more so the tits, just scale them down 10-15% . solid work tho either way, not my cup of tea , but i'll give credit where credit is due, the stomach on the whooty girl looks great, i think her ass is too high up tho,a little too bubble butt
>>
Thanks. I smoothed it a bit and applied an outline and cel shader and it helps a bit... but still, for some reason it grosses me out from certain angles. I'll keep working on it for some time and scratch it if I can't get it to work.

The artist is The Pit. John Persons is his commissioner.
>>
>>490331
show me how it looks like :o
>>
File: Viking Sword ultra high res.png (227KB, 1940x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Viking Sword ultra high res.png
227KB, 1940x1200px
My Attempt at a game ready model
>>
File: Longboat.png (4MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Longboat.png
4MB, 960x540px
>>490471
A work in progress
>>
>>490472

I hope part of the "in progress" will be orienting the wood grain direction properly.

One mistake around the figurehead would make it snap right off.
>>
File: 1.png (144KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
144KB, 1366x768px
>>485144
either that sword is a double hander or the grip is quite thing.
>>485159
bit shiny for wood, eh? the proportions are right, as barrels can in all shapes and sizes. What you have would hold about a gallon
>>485171
all my N64 kills are coming back to me. I love it.
>>485180
i likes it
>>485194
put a trash can in the left, lower than cabinet and give it a twin.
>>490471
it's on part with real gameplay screen shots, but maybe do a more high res texture.
Mine is an 1880s elephant gun. I'm new to all this, so I'm in no real place to judge anyone.
>>
File: sword2.png (630KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sword2.png
630KB, 960x540px
is there a good techique to make blades? and i mean shader

i use mix shader with gloss and diffuse but i can't find an actual texture to go well that goes well with blades
>>
>>490924

Wrought iron has grain to it, and cast iron has a texture to it, but steel generally doesn't, if it's polished.

The sharpening process does create a grainlike texture perpendicular to the bevel (i.e. the part where you'd rub the whetstone) and a grinder will also produce a similar effect parallel to the bevel, There will be scratches in the steel, and generally a patina.

I'd advise looking up old tools - especially ones that are well taken care of, like metal hand planes. They'll give you a good idea of what patina looks like.

As far as the shader goes, I've had good luck using various maps - one for the patina, one for grain, one for pitting - and leaving everything else almost entirely gloss. Dunno how you'd translate that to game engines, if that's your goal.
>>
>>490987
i guess its something that is really hard to pull off, making some part of the steel reflect more light and everything, with realistic grind marks

iv seen really good 3d artists just leave their weapons untextured
>>
File: Untitled.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.png
1B, 486x500px
Literal first attempt making something 3D.

No idea how to texture something.

It's a Gladius.
>>
>>493540
>>493541
>>493542
>>
File: 17-08-web.jpg (132KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
17-08-web.jpg
132KB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: rendu2.png (3MB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
rendu2.png
3MB, 1300x1300px
>>493557
>>
>>493557
>>493559
Manu?
>>
>>485180
Bein absolutely ebin! FTW!!! :D

Invader Zim is so Ervin!
>>
>>485171

could anybody tell me what program this is / how someone might go about doing stuff like this?
>>
>>493611

Literally any program, just turn off texture filtering.

You could even paint that texture in MSpaint if you really wanted to.
>>
File: 4c_pic.jpg (1008KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
4c_pic.jpg
1008KB, 1600x1143px
go on
>>
>>493791

But what made the hallway wet? I don't see any sprinklers.
>>
>>493792
Ghosts
>>
>>493791

A hallway with florescent lights that large should be better lit.

Any reason for the mouse-eye-view, or you just wanted to check out the floor texture?
>>
File: render.jpg (36KB, 957x936px) Image search: [Google]
render.jpg
36KB, 957x936px
made this with blender and gimp, based on the ithaca
think i should add a belt to juice it up
>>
>>493957

Where do the shells go when it fires?
>>
>>493957
looks like a gun the hulk would use
>>
>>493969
its the the other side, surprisingly
>>
>>485194
First for me to even think that kitchen is real, we need more beer bottles.... i'm talking everywhere. You have so much flat top space to put your empties.
Then I also have a problem with the sink... Why do you not have tons of dirty dishes in there?
And I dont see one rat trap..... because getting a "little" drunk on a sunday and you decide to go to the grocery store, and end up buying more beer than food, you will end up never putting that 2 pounds of ground chuck in the fridge, even though you made sure that beer did. And now you have a rat that terrorises you every night.
and don't get me started about the fruit flies....
This how every kitchen is right?
>>
>>485136
Is it painted?
That isn't how steel works
>>
>>493973
>>493957
That particular model of shotgun ejects shells from the bottom.
Otherwise, they would come flying at the shooter's body if he was right-handed.
>>
>>485194
kind of late advice, but make the base cabinets 2'-10" tall, with about 1'-10" from the countertop of the base cabinet to the lower portion of the upper cabinets. Make sure the handles of the upper cabinets are in the lower half for accessibility.

Typical ceiling height should be at 8'-0" above finish floor. And normally, you would provide a double door sink cabinet like the module right next to your sink cabinet. Source, Architectural Designer.
>>
>>485136
construction isn't half bad. you need to filet the edges of the metal in the handle like you did it on the hole in the blade. rendering is bad. look at some tutorials.
>>
>>488211
nice copy of a tom dixon lamp :)
>>
File: elephant gun rounds.jpg (46KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
elephant gun rounds.jpg
46KB, 500x378px
>>490679
sick as fuck bruh, maybe the rounds are a bit long though
>>
File: NeonBoxxy-Med150.gif (2MB, 453x255px) Image search: [Google]
NeonBoxxy-Med150.gif
2MB, 453x255px
>>485136

Heh-heh
>>
old, but r8
http://imgur.com/a/yXQWa
>>
>>488193
Cute bug dude
>>
File: received_10207234595079847.jpg (58KB, 1028x536px) Image search: [Google]
received_10207234595079847.jpg
58KB, 1028x536px
some car ive been working on, ill rig it and animate soon
>>
File: received_10207243772309272.jpg (54KB, 1031x549px) Image search: [Google]
received_10207243772309272.jpg
54KB, 1031x549px
>>495988
>>
File: Gitar4.jpg (514KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gitar4.jpg
514KB, 1280x720px
Tear me a new one.
>>
File: gitarbanner_1.jpg (450KB, 1280x475px) Image search: [Google]
gitarbanner_1.jpg
450KB, 1280x475px
another one
>>
File: Sprøyte_1.jpg (143KB, 1920x938px) Image search: [Google]
Sprøyte_1.jpg
143KB, 1920x938px
Still more.
>>
File: spinpipe_oversikt.jpg (510KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spinpipe_oversikt.jpg
510KB, 1280x720px
and more
>>
File: cokelab2.jpg (179KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cokelab2.jpg
179KB, 900x900px
still more
>>
>>495996
nice model! but some guitar anatomy. the tuning pegs don't pull on the wood like that they're fitted into a metal tube that (google it). if you want some really nice looking tuners pegs look up Grover tuners. the strings are definitely on the high side and would be an absolute bitch to play. Look up guitar string action on Youtube if you want to get some numbers. the 4 thickest strings are would. also look up eg. D'Addario string for the proper string gauges. Typical on acoustic would be 0.3, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.3 in mm. I rounded the numbers. Ok I don't feel like writing any more right now.
>>
>>495996
>>495997
the strings sit inside grooves in the nut, not just on top of the nut.

strings are wound, not solid metal rods.

the heel of the neck seems to jut out a bit far and should be slightly more beveled towards the body.

the headstock should smoothly meet the neck on the back of the neck and headstock.

bridge is floating above the body.

the tuning pegs need to have washers around them as real tuning pegs sit inside those washers to prevent pressure cracks in the wood.

the frets need beveling on the ends as a straight cut fret would destroy a person's fingers.

frets need a small amount of metal that are inside the fretboard as that's what holds them in place.

bridge should not be glossy.

body should match gloss of neck.

in your first image i can see where the seam was marked for the uv around the body.
this seam should be at the very bottom end of the body. (the end behind the bridge) since that's where the real pieces are glued together.

string height (action) is too high.

the strings on a classical guitar are nylon, not steel.
however, if you want it to be a steel string you must bow the fretboard out a slight bit as flat radius fretboards are strictly classical nylon string.

nylon string bridges are different as well so it might be easier to just round the radius of the fretboard.

white binding on the body needs to be on the top and back of the body as much as the sides.

this is a a great job even with those flaws as all the shapes are pretty damn accurate.

good job.

source: i've played guitar for 18 years.
>>
>>496003
>>496005
First of all, thanx! for being constructive.
Second, I am kind of a guitarist and have quite a few guitars, so I know how they look.
The truth is, I just went for it modelling-wise and invested some more time in rendering.
(Its modelled on one of my guitars, but only by eyesight.) The logo on the headstock is actually
photographed and shopped into the shader.
>>
>>495996

If you look at the headstock, you'll see the woodgrain looks like it fans out.

You're going to get a bit of distortion in the grain pattern just because the headstock leans back a bit, but it won't look quite like that. You'll either get cathedral patterns (from a flatsawn board) or the grain will start going toward one side of the headstock or another (if it's from a quartersawn board).

I doubt most people will notice, but a woodworker will.
>>
File: Darkroom.jpg (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Darkroom.jpg
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>488167
same anon that was working on this
>>
>>485169
bait
>>
File: Ithaca_37.jpg (458KB, 1993x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Ithaca_37.jpg
458KB, 1993x1198px
>>493957
frequent /k/ poster here. I can see most of what is kind of an Ithaca m37 in a riot configuration. It looks like you used pic related as a reference. Because it's inspired by the Ithaca, all I can see is what looks like a Khyber pass lookalike. I would say start out with making the corners on the receiver not as severe, and then work on the barrel profile. the barrel narrows down til about halfway and then stays straight. Take my critique with a grain of salt if you please, I just like seeing gun models done justice.
>>
>>496652
>and then work on the barrel profile. the barrel narrows down til about halfway and then stays straight.
it does, i narrowed it

but the rest is right, i didn't use edge split on the right places
>>
>>496653
I guess I just can't see it from that angle. I'll still be lurking for a while, good luck with your work.
>>
>>496656
what kind of gun would you like to see
>>
>>496660
Try making a bolt action. 90% of most bolt actions today are based off of Mauser's work, but you can try what you think you would like to create.
>>
File: ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>
File: Mudokon.png (473KB, 1375x978px) Image search: [Google]
Mudokon.png
473KB, 1375x978px
>>
File: Final Render 2.png (611KB, 937x809px) Image search: [Google]
Final Render 2.png
611KB, 937x809px
The same model after being cackhandedly painted in 3DCoat
>>
File: plane 5.jpg (172KB, 1196x543px) Image search: [Google]
plane 5.jpg
172KB, 1196x543px
Please be gentle. The only CAD software I've used is Inventor, and I'm still new to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (493KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493KB, 2560x1440px
What do you think? Can't go wrong with low poly...

Well admittedly I've seen some cringe worthy low poly art.

Made in blender cycles.
>>
File: image.jpg (850KB, 2250x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
850KB, 2250x1536px
Finished work from a few months ago. I made the low poly cat too. Critiques?
>>
>>498426

You've got a mixture of levels of realism going on.

I'd advise either stick with realistic or simplify the man and the stuff going on in the sky.
>>
>>498425
Very nice. Added to wallpaper collection.
>>
>>498425
I like it man

Low poly tickles my pickle.
>>
>>498425
kewt :3

>>498426
i love the concept. render is meh tho
>>
File: image.png (320KB, 1056x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
320KB, 1056x425px
Haven't done much game asset creation, but I've started to try it out. Baking clean normal maps is a pain in the butt, and mine look terrible close up. But what do you think?

Gotta love pbr, amirite?
>>
>>498524
nice buy you could play with the base mesh a little more
>>
>>498524

it doesn't look very ergonomic, like, it would be difficult to get a good cheekweld or keep the stock where you want it on your shoulder. assitionally, the lack of a triggerguard sticks out as it is rather unsafe. lastly, what i presume are the sights aren't lined up.
>>
>>498524

I like, I just hope you are not aiming for "realistic" sci-fi.

I could see a model/aesthetics like this in a surreal video game like SCALE or something not based in reality
>>
>>485165
Newfag to 3D, did you use Zbrush to make this?
>>
File: terraza madera.jpg (2MB, 1500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
terraza madera.jpg
2MB, 1500x1875px
Did this model in like two hours, using information I took from the place. It became a 100k USD remodeling project that I got hired for. And you all could do the same if you weren't so worried about your ugly as fuck characters and "muh zbrush scoolpt". I do this for a living btw.
>>
>>500802
how the hell did that piece of shit take you 2 hours?
looks like 30 minutes of work, including the render.

100k usd remodeling project that you had to buy the supplies for. walk away with 75k, pay for the machines you rented. now you have 60k. oh wait you have to pay all of the workers. you are probably in a contracting business, so you had to split most of it with the owner and only took home a small fraction. im guessing you are also implying you get that type of job all the time.
>>
>>500802
No le hagas ni puto caso al de abajo
>>500813

A mi me ha molado bastante ademas tiene un detalle que le añade cierto realismo! Mola
>>
>>500802
the noise pattern on the grass color is way too obvious. scatter them a little mi amigos
>>
>>500775
3dsMax
>>
File: ckm_browning_m2.jpg (139KB, 2100x500px) Image search: [Google]
ckm_browning_m2.jpg
139KB, 2100x500px
Terxtures still needs some work
>>
>>500829
Better reply to an english post in spanish, and not use it properly so its unable to be translated in google translate.
>fuck you hõmès
>>
>>496000
Reminds me of a PS1 game cutscene. It'd be interesting to see a game look like this.
>>
>>498426
The grass is way too realistic. Look at your trees, and notice how their style completely differs from the style of the grass.
The buildings and the trees match styles, but that guy standing on top of that building is way too realistic. Also, the clouds and smoke are too realistic, while the volcano looks really cartoony.

If you're going with a completely cartoony look:
Change the grass.
Change the smoke & cloud styles
Brighten up the overall color
>>
>>500848
That looks great. Looks almost photo-realistic.
>>
>>500829
Gracias, me da gusto que te haya gustado. Y el amigazo de abajo, pues... francamente no me molesta. Buen día, buen hombre.

>>500830
You are gloriously correct, my amigo. It's two noise patterns haha.

>>500813
It took me 2 hours, mate, but I would like to see you do the whole thing in 30 minutes, so I can learn. As for the money, it's actually around 121k, which already has an over-price of 28%, considering earnings and indirects. Actually, it's way cheaper, since I work as a construction manager for a middle sized company and I can decrease the price of materials considerably, by just using name of the company I work for. And even cheaper, since I'm going to sub-contract the whole work. I'm probably going to take around 45% of the 121k by around February 2016, and that's going to the stock market, m8. Worry not.
>>
>>500875
So you are making maybe 50k over half a year. So like a non scrub 3d modeling job?
>>
>>485190
GOTY
>>
File: Nintennydough.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nintennydough.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
>>500930
so far ive made 0, my models are shit anyway
>>
>>500959
You're not wrong.
>>
File: janes.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
janes.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Started using blender few months back, what do you think?
>>
File: Apple.png (4MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Apple.png
4MB, 1680x1050px
>>500960
glad we can agree on that
>>
>>500962
Bunny in a boat
>>
>>500962
Not much, honestly. It feels very Source engine on release.
>>
>>500930
I can make way more, I have three business formulas for this industry (and I live in a third world country).

Being a civil engineer and a construction technician is a big advantage because I can do all the work, but if someone with no background in construction partners with an architect, both can still make very good earnings.

I don't know how it is in the gaming industry, but this board is full of people trying to get into it and I think there's no need for suffering when archviz is so fertile. For me, this is just a hobby and I don't even do any marketing, people just looks at my renders and they decide to hire me.
>>
>>501010
>I live in a third world country
explains it all
>>
>>501011
All right, mate.
>>
>>485172

Stupid question since I've only just started rendering with mental ray.

Did you just plug the HDR map into the environment of the Sky or did you use the sIBL software to do it?
>>
File: Front.png (244KB, 1436x865px) Image search: [Google]
Front.png
244KB, 1436x865px
Practicing zbrush, tell me whats wrong and what I should work on to get my anatomy up to scratch
>>
File: Rear.png (232KB, 1437x863px) Image search: [Google]
Rear.png
232KB, 1437x863px
>>501648
Rear
>>
File: feedback.jpg (103KB, 1410x862px) Image search: [Google]
feedback.jpg
103KB, 1410x862px
>>501648
Just my 2 cents
serratus anterior should conform to the ribs more.

2. make a collar bone and fix the oversized breast muscles.

3. give the elbow more room and possibly longer underarm

4. knees obvioiusly

5. give him proportional feet.

6. abdominal muscles
>>
>>501648
you need proper refs mate, too much stuff to point out
>>
>>493945
low power maybe?
old tubes?
>>
>>496000
reminds me of resi 1, gj
>>
>>498425
cute, but I'd recess the eyes into the head a bit more, so they're more like buttons pressed into clay instead of spheres tacked onto it
>>
i just want to share this, im making a game in blender/unity and im trying to get proportions perfect above anything else. theres so much work that needs to be done, and i dont care about the render quality yet, the textures are mostly for learning and placeholders, so dont hurt yourself if you want to critique anything. its a gif because i dont want to spend time learning how to compress the size
>>
File: lrrender2 - Copy.gif (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
lrrender2 - Copy.gif
1MB, 2560x1440px
so whyd it un-choose file when i hit captcha
>>
>>502470
Flat textures
Very simple lighting, no shadows
Too much noise
>>
File: chair.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chair.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
Nothing special, pls no hate. I just started with blender two days ago.
>>
File: screenshot000.png (386KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot000.png
386KB, 750x1000px
>>
File: granat.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
granat.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
Made myself a desktop background.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>504389
lol czech people have a racial +3 to 3d graphics i fucking swear

that being said it's by no means good, just better than most of this thread, if you wanna get better you should practice making photoreal models of random shit you've got lying around before you try inventing things. It's good that you textured your shit but it looks like the dirt from a bathroom wall, not the kind you'd find on a grenade, also the barcode would probably look way better if it was just painted on rather than embossed
>>
>>502470
Add bump maps, fix your UV seams, add light portals for faster interior renders, change the lens setting on the camera, but most importantly:

YOU'VE GOT TO MOVE THESE COLOR TVs, YOU'VE GOTTA MOVE THESE REFRIGERATORS, THAT'S THE WAY YOU DO IT.
>>
>>496653
>i didn't use edge split on the right places

Don't use edge split (if you literally mean the edge split modifier),instead do this:

- enable auto-smooth checkbox in the Object Properties panel
-turn on Smooth Shading
-then in Edit Mode manually select edges and use Mark Sharp to make them sharp

Additionally you can use Crease (Shift E) to control sharpness with subdivision surface modifier.

The problem with Edge Split is that it adds really weird extra geometry, plus other software uses Smoothing Groups to achieve the same effect, so if you ever want to import it into a game engine or something, Edge Split is going to cause all kinds of problems

Here, watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my5B2eejnaY
>>
>>504394
Polish
And it wasnt supposed to be realistically textured grenade - its wallpaper.
But thanks for tips, will do better next time
>>
>>504403
close enough, all of eastern europe really, but yeah keep practicing and pay attention to the real world, and don't be tempted to use bump maps etc where you don't need them just because you can
>>
File: Pineapple Grenade Scene.jpg (672KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pineapple Grenade Scene.jpg
672KB, 1920x1080px
Started about a month ago, I was told this was good to start with because it involves most of the popular techniques and use of tools on a small scale. Now I just need to learn how to texture. I'm torn between Substance Painter and the recently released Quixel Suite 2.
>>
File: karabin_browning_f.jpg (170KB, 2940x700px) Image search: [Google]
karabin_browning_f.jpg
170KB, 2940x700px
How about this?
I think its finished.
>>
File: karabin_browning_b.jpg (193KB, 2940x700px) Image search: [Google]
karabin_browning_b.jpg
193KB, 2940x700px
>>505229
>>
>>505229
neat
>>
>>505231
>>505229
That awesome, you got a wireframe of that?
>>
>>505229
>>505231
Solid, you have scratches / distress in your diffuse, but they aren't showing through your spec map.

Either up the bump, or make it more noticeable in spec.
>>
File: turntable029.png (755KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
turntable029.png
755KB, 900x950px
pbr material practice
>>
File: Ak3oW7P.png (305KB, 788x312px) Image search: [Google]
Ak3oW7P.png
305KB, 788x312px
first literal time doing something in 3D

not a specific pistol, desu used some inspo from a 1911 and a beretta and some other pistols which can't remember.
>>
File: the_wire.jpg (260KB, 2940x700px) Image search: [Google]
the_wire.jpg
260KB, 2940x700px
>>505273
Here
>>505277
They kinda do, but you're right it is almost unnoticable at those angles
>>
>>505278
i like it, seems like the top, grey midle parts, and the wishbone lookin thing at the bottom half needs different specularity settings
>>
File: 010_BB8comp_v01.png (312KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
010_BB8comp_v01.png
312KB, 720x720px
I'll try to animate it some day. I hope mental ray materials don't flicker in motion.
>>
File: 1338596052747.jpg (97KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1338596052747.jpg
97KB, 435x435px
>>485136
I understand you want to keep the hole but can you at least make it thicker? Feels like i can snap off that small bit like a twig.
>>
>>501648
Why does he have 2 kneecaps on each leg?
>>
>>505335
That looks awesome, anon. Not a single spazm of edges into one vert anywhere.
>>
>>505988
No, mentalray is a biased renderer, unlike Cycles, LuxRender, Keyshot, etc... So you won't get that flickering noise.
>>
>>506001
Awesome. Altough I'm not too sure about the glow that maya makes itself (from the maya software). It tends to oddly blast out depending on how many glow surfaces are visible.
>>
>>506002
You can turn that off in the mentalray settings.
Render Settings>Configuration, Uncheck "Render Maya Glow".

Do any lens flaring/over-exposure in a compositor.
>>
>>506003
Yeah, I've been rendering place-holders with the rest of the mesh assigned to a "use background" shader. We'll learn about after effects after the winter break.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 861x842px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 861x842px
>>506003

Am I looking in the right place ? It's not in the shape node is it ?
>>
>>506006
Not using Maya 2016?

I think it should be in the Translation section down there... Below Export Hair.
>>
File: Capture2.png (101KB, 693x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
101KB, 693x2112px
>>506007

For now, the school's computers have 2015. I think it changes every two years, so the next one we'll have is 2017.
>>
>>506009
"Export Post Effects" should be the one I think then.
>>
File: fourth villa render.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fourth villa render.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: fourth villa setup.png (408KB, 2600x916px) Image search: [Google]
fourth villa setup.png
408KB, 2600x916px
Setup for render above, learning to use vray for the first time. I think my main problem is setting up good lighting for the scene, but I also cannot seem to get a good texture map on the building itself. Any recommendations or points towards tutorials woul dbe appreciated.
>>
>>485194
Move the wall cabinet lower or redesign it so its taller in size.

A lot of people have a fair bit of space between the top of the cabinet and ceiling so they can place objects ontop of the cabinet.
>>
>>505335
Its beautiful
I really cannot think of a critique
>>
>>495988
Looks good, anon. :)

Maybe the windshield is a little too tall, though.
>>
File: Norman_Bates_House.png (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Norman_Bates_House.png
471KB, 1920x1080px
tear away:)
>>
File: bb_8.png (723KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
bb_8.png
723KB, 1920x1920px
>>505988
nice one. i made one in lightwave
>>
>>506162
You could probably convert those lines into a bump map/displacement map.

>>506152
Without a wireframe the only thing I can tell is off is that the roof bases are not identical,
>>
File: bates_wire.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bates_wire.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I havent used a bumpmap in maybe 20 years. i will use a predural bump here and there but never an image bump.
>>
File: bb8_wire.jpg (568KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bb8_wire.jpg
568KB, 2000x2000px
and heres bb8
>>
>>506235
hwat

I knew something was up with how the "textures" had an odd low poly border, but are you for real ? You've been at this for 20 years ?
>>
File: nx-74205025.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nx-74205025.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
look me up im simple to find. im everywhere i have been modelling since 1991. I was doing this stuff way back when babylon 5 was made even sold them a few models for the show. heres an oldie
>>
File: Galacticafinal000.jpg (611KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Galacticafinal000.jpg
611KB, 3840x2160px
through my tag on youtube in my videos you can get my name then you can open a few ancient websites amazingly still up and see crap i made in the early 1990s here is one of the last models i used bumpmaps on and you will see why
>>
File: snap.png (785KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snap.png
785KB, 1920x1080px
minimalist scene
>>
>>506258

Is this caught in mid-motion? Because it seems like it would topple to the right. Make it a tad brighter
>>
File: Take.png (789KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Take.png
789KB, 960x540px
Game asset for an indie project, whaddya think.
>>
>>506238
>>506239

Perhaps you could lookup some of the new gadgets, toys, and workflow of the modern day, because:

>i have been modelling since 1991

You're stuck in that era, it seems.
>>
>>506447
not bad m8. you might want to add some plumbing or something that looks like what is used to measure water consumption at the side of people houses. Thats mostly subjective though
>>
>>501012
En donde vives, maistro? Soy estudiante de arquitectura (UdG) y he estado pensando en meterme de dibujante en algún despacho.
Algún consejo para entrevistas o algo?
>>
File: faceNo1WidowMaker.png (135KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
faceNo1WidowMaker.png
135KB, 960x540px
I gave modelling faces a try.

I know how to subdiv/crease/edgeloop model (I'm the BB8 and hover bike guy) but to me it felt horribly non-intuitive to do so for complex facial shapes.

I'm tempted to just send it to mudbox and fine tune it there on my tablet. Or is there something about subdiv/crease/edgeloops modelling that I am missing ?

Also, please critique (I made the one on the right, one on the left is a rip from Overwatch)
>>
File: faceNo1WidowMakerWireFrame.png (265KB, 1514x973px) Image search: [Google]
faceNo1WidowMakerWireFrame.png
265KB, 1514x973px
>>506535
Also wireframe
>>
File: sadbedattempt.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sadbedattempt.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
Honest to god, I have no idea what I am doing. Just barely started learning and just trying my hand at simple stuff. Any comments on how to make this less terrible? Assume that I am total newcomer.
>>
>>506538
Is the mesh on the left simply the turbosmoothed version of the lowpoly face on the right ? If so, that topology is pretty good.
>>
>>506538

You found your specialty.
>>
>>506538
Can you show the wireframe from a few more different angles ?
>>
just gonna ask here:

I'm still relatively new to modeling, and I'm creating a scene to experiment with texturing. Is it 'ok' to mix normal maps and displacement maps within one scene? is this generally accepted and carried out? Just cause they look quite different etc. I feel silly asking cause I'm sure its ite, but lemme know
>>
File: sawnoff shotgun.jpg (43KB, 1142x503px) Image search: [Google]
sawnoff shotgun.jpg
43KB, 1142x503px
one of my first attempt with substance, can't really find a good way to pose this because of the bloom
>>
>>506568
not common but possible

usually its color/normal/metallic, at least that's what i get from common workflows
>>
File: faceNo1WidowMakerSmooth.png (106KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
faceNo1WidowMakerSmooth.png
106KB, 960x540px
>>506552
The one on the left is a ripped model from Overwatch that I used to make 2D front/side reference planes. When I smooth mine it gives pic related, with pinching and facial features that collapse. I'm sure I could get it to work with a lot of tweaking, but it doesn't feel intuitive how edgeloops will retain the shape to me. Is there any reason not to just sculpt from there ?

>>506553
Thanks mate. I want to rig professionally, so I figured I have to get anatomy under control.
>>
File: wireframCompil.png (389KB, 1512x863px) Image search: [Google]
wireframCompil.png
389KB, 1512x863px
>>506554

I followed this guy's tutorial, and I believe I didn't skip any topology step. Is he legit ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LpQd7WcYmY
>>
>>506578
Can you post the wireframe of the overwatch rip ? Or say how you ripped it ?
>>
File: WMripWire.png (395KB, 879x794px) Image search: [Google]
WMripWire.png
395KB, 879x794px
>>506581

It's a dxripper rip so it's all tris since it comes straight from the gpu's Vram
>>
>>506585
oh ok thanks
>>
File: WMripWire_2.png (362KB, 744x550px) Image search: [Google]
WMripWire_2.png
362KB, 744x550px
>>506586
Here, have some more wireframe
>>
>>506587
Yea I'm especially interested in the face. It looks so smooth and cute and I just wondered about its topology.
>>
File: WM_2.png (338KB, 796x776px) Image search: [Google]
WM_2.png
338KB, 796x776px
>>506588
She's a lot cuter without that set of splinter-cell goggles on her head.
>>
>>506589
yeah shes got really nice facial features. do you have any other cute chicks ?
>>
File: Mrip.png (518KB, 738x856px) Image search: [Google]
Mrip.png
518KB, 738x856px
>>506590
We're getting a little sidetracked from the thread
>>
>>506591
perversion is always more important. Got wires of her ?
>>
>>506593
https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1491521 200mb of wireframes
>>
>>506595
>https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1491521 200mb of wireframes
thx :^3
>>
>>505335
this is great, i can't think of anything bad to say
how long u been doing 3D?
>>
It's supposed to be a lightsaber, made it in zbrush, one the first things i have done, what do you guys think?
>>
File: 412421412.png (231KB, 286x711px) Image search: [Google]
412421412.png
231KB, 286x711px
>>506042
what is wrong with the side of the building?
>>
File: grass.png (545KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
grass.png
545KB, 960x540px
>>506716
shadows should be softer
normal/bumb on the walls would be nice
grass looks like a carpet
what render is this? you should use directional light
>>
File: zegarek.jpg (315KB, 1000x901px) Image search: [Google]
zegarek.jpg
315KB, 1000x901px
>>506045
I started about 3 years ago. I'm doing it on and off, sometimes im not touching 3d for weeks.
It's suppose to be fun so im not forcing it.
>>
>>506720
Was reply to >>506598
>>
File: fifth render.jpg (1MB, 4096x3003px) Image search: [Google]
fifth render.jpg
1MB, 4096x3003px
Okay have updated a few things

>>506716
Was a clipping issue with the mesh, fixed now.

>>506718
Have updated the grass a bit but could defintely use some advice on how to make it better. Using 2016 vray in 3ds max.

As you can see Ive changed the diffuse colour of the building. For the life of me I cant seem to apply a proper texture onto this. Whatever material I try to add onto this just changes the diffuse colour, can add the materials on things like the white brick wall and they will render properly. But for instance if I applied the white brick material to the building it would just render as smooth and white. Am I making any sense?
>>
>>506871
looks better
you can apply a few maps to a material, you either connect an image or use a color.
if you don't connect an image to the material it will stay at RGB diffuse color
you need to connect a normal map to the material or displacement node, im talking in cycles terms and im sure 3ds has those
>>
>>506871

Did you UV map this thing yet?

Can you upload the project file just so I can see what's wrong and point things out?
>>
File: material for building.png (463KB, 862x1335px) Image search: [Google]
material for building.png
463KB, 862x1335px
>>506873
So this is what is currently attached to the building. Mabye I need to learn to do UV mapping?

>>506874
>>
>>506876
i think you can hook the bump map on the displacement node
>>
File: fifth render.jpg (1MB, 4096x3003px) Image search: [Google]
fifth render.jpg
1MB, 4096x3003px
>>506882
changed the bump map to displacement but didnt really do anything sadly, could someone point me to a good tutorial for doing uv mapping for the first time
>>
File: untitled.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
Well that's a part of my first model started some time ago. Currently im making him a chest. The head is incomplete cause i have no idea what to put in it and will fill it at the later stages of the project. Ill post the rest of what i have in a sec.
>>
File: untitled5.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
untitled5.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
Here is the chest, currently its only the exterior, im still looking for a way that will allow me to make holes that i can scale while still keeping the surface nice and round, if anyone dares to help a newb id be glad.
>>
File: a4.png (186KB, 1191x777px) Image search: [Google]
a4.png
186KB, 1191x777px
M1911 I'm working on. End goal is game ready asset but I'm stuck on normal creation. Looks fine in substance but looks like fucking garbage in UE4. Spent days on this shit FUCK
>>
>>506886
turn down the specularity on the brown material to about 10% and the reflection glossiness to about 0.2. use an hdri environment to light the scene so that the shadows aren't completely black. also houses aren't usually completely made of one material or one color, make the walls more interesting by adding wood planks somewhere for example. search "modern house" on google for inspiration
>>
>>485194
Why are there 2 drawers going into the sink?
>>
File: picture-1.png (209KB, 1414x802px) Image search: [Google]
picture-1.png
209KB, 1414x802px
Famas I'm working on in Blender.
>>
File: comp3.png (900KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comp3.png
900KB, 1920x1080px
Something for a personal animated short.

It's sitting at 770k faces, is that reasonable ?
>>
File: terrier_first.png (17KB, 576x425px) Image search: [Google]
terrier_first.png
17KB, 576x425px
This is my firts model done today, 2 hours ago

Guess what it is...
>>
Need help:
- Struggling with the horse equipment. Am I missing any knowledge in order to sculpt manmade objects?
- How do you properly use the move tool? I can't find the logic between it transforming my subtool and just moving it.

I'll post the reference too...
>>
File: bardingall.gif (232KB, 576x447px) Image search: [Google]
bardingall.gif
232KB, 576x447px
>>507567
>>
>>507567
pls divide your tool, you can't work with that
>>
>>507563
Terriermon, obviously.
>>
>>507574
I dunno, even with endless polys, I have no idea how to go about say the leather body harnas.
>>
>>507603
your just making blobs, box model that stuff and be done with it
>>
>>507603

Sculpting isn't optimal to actually create the mesh, unless you are making very blobby/organic stuff and retopo all the time.

Actually model it then sculpt it. Altough I'm not sure there's much to sculpt on a leather harness.
>>
File: ren3.jpg (3MB, 7000x3938px) Image search: [Google]
ren3.jpg
3MB, 7000x3938px
WIP diorama, any suggestions of what I could add/change?
>>
>>507774
resolution wont help it not look like shit
>>
>>507774
proper textures
>>
>>507623
i think he could make a horse with zspheres
but i wouldn't make subtools without completing the horse
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>485190
I can already see your future, it will be filled with success all because of this faggot and his fetishes.
>>
>>506715
Seeing as I've just gotten back into Star Wars, I really fuckinh like it, good job. I eould get rid of the glow of the outer rim of the top part because it doesn't look that good, but other than that it's a banger.
>>
File: mad chimp.gif (271KB, 435x319px) Image search: [Google]
mad chimp.gif
271KB, 435x319px
r8 me, i modeled and animated on blender, and made the particles in unity.
>>
>>507951
pol/10
>>
File: sixth render.jpg (1MB, 4096x3003px) Image search: [Google]
sixth render.jpg
1MB, 4096x3003px
Further update on this piece, finally added in a better texture to the building and added some tress.

Any advice is still welcome but defintely looking focus on making the lighting better and also sortign the glass out as I have at some point ruined to where you ether cant see it as with the balcony or with the windows where it doesnt reflect properly anymore.
>>
File: StormGiantKing.jpg (668KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
StormGiantKing.jpg
668KB, 1366x768px
>>507952
i'll take it.
ok, i need help with something, i'm not sure how i should UV this character.
desu there's a lot here i've never done before, like cloth and different materials.
i want to make a skinned mesh emitter out of the beard/cape/skirt in unity, to give it a look of clouds, what i'm struggling with is the uv.
any tips?
>>
>>508111
>grass needs specularity and is too long
>window frames are too "fat", make them slimmer
>window frames need specularity
>turn up the specularity on glass so it shows reflections
>>
>>485171
I'm usually the kind of guy who encourages us to push tech (and therefore graphics) forward, and usually hate 8-bit looking stuff. But I actually like this. And I would love to see it used in a VR application.
>>
>>507451
They're not really full drawers. Sometimes those are little spaces for small items like sponges etc. in others like a retro kitchen they were just on for aesthetics.
>>
File: deliver_hope.jpg (221KB, 1394x788px) Image search: [Google]
deliver_hope.jpg
221KB, 1394x788px
So, i made this
Its a scene from Deliver Hope trailer to halo:reach, but MFDD (the bomb) was based more on concept from Isaac Hannaford than actual trailer.
How is it?
>>
File: deliver_hope_mfdd.jpg (234KB, 1914x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deliver_hope_mfdd.jpg
234KB, 1914x1080px
>>508324
>>
File: deliver_hope_mfdd_clay.jpg (220KB, 1914x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deliver_hope_mfdd_clay.jpg
220KB, 1914x1080px
>>508326
Front/back and clay
>>
>>508182
cool stuff!
>>
File: seventh render.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
seventh render.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
Next update

So ive changed to what i think is a better angle.
An issue has arisen that the glass is no longer reflecting any light after the building, should i put light points inside the building in order to fix it?

Also changed the grass a ssuggested previously and messed with the material a bit.

As always any suggestions are welcomed, you guys have been super helpful so far
>>
>>485190
They look like they're floating in mid-air.
>>
>>506916
have you tried inverting the channels? What does the problem look like?
>>
>>493791
Congratulations on making a cube and placing a camera inside of it.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 124

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.