[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What brings you to believe that anything paranormal is real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 320x240px
What brings you to believe that anything paranormal is real?
>>
>>19602937
Because I am here, a living breathing creature among billions of other living breathing creatures. The odds of that seem staggeringly low, but here we are.
>>
Because I've seen it with my own eyes.
>>
File: 9PYOIxL.gif (130KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
9PYOIxL.gif
130KB, 640x480px
>>19602937
I've had a looming feeling that Ghosts are just things in a 'Blue/Green' Screen.
>>
>>19602974
What have you seen?
>>
>>19602937
Paranormal is just anything that we haven't explained by science yet. If you would tell someone in the 18th century about quantum physics they would think it was paranormal too.
>>
>>19603019
A skeleton.
>>
>>19602937
I've seen things that I'm sure are as real as the monitor in front of you right now.
>>
File: japanquake2.jpg (223KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
japanquake2.jpg
223KB, 1440x900px
>>19602937
>>19603022

>What brings you to believe that anything paranormal is real?

I used to be an atheist, but then I discovered I'm a god.

For example, back in 2011, I posted about Japanese Internment on Facebook and the next day there was a 9.0 quake in Japan that killed 15,000 people (well, the tsunami did). I checked my comments and noticed that the quake happened 11 minutes after I mentioned Japanese Internment. I stayed an atheist for years after that happened - but finally figured out I'm a god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BVx_INbbxQ
>>
I lost faith in honesty because it's possible to tell the truth in a way indistinguishable from lying constantly, and indeed it is a real pain to tell the truth in a way distinguishable from lying. My intentions do not shape what is taken from my words. This world's most paranormal feature on a large, regularly observable scale seems to be the way it is set up to pretend and to "prove" we are all utterly dishonest, whether or not we actually are. Even this, of course, is a human reality, about which there is nothing paranormal.

Why do people want to talk about things that didn't happen? When I speak of bizarrities, they actually apparently happened in life, but it seems immediately apparent that the same is not true for others. I have yet to understand what emotional need the overt lies serve. I wish there was a place to discuss weirdness, but that is impossible to do in public. Out here we are always in earshot of creatively dead souls who would magnify themselves without sense or sanity. The comparatively petty actual anomalies that life seems to produce are disinteresting in comparison. If dishonest people will reduce it to a writing competition, they will have the advantage; persuasive narratives are more a feature of fiction than life. Yet the liars on this forum still suck, and even as they admit no higher power by their conduct, they place themselves beyond literary criticism. Better to puncture their nonsense in anger.

I don't hold myself special. I understand that response well to anything I write. I would see more of it. Angry disbelief is no injury to me, but it's a way we can take the fun out of it for pretentious losers.
>>
>>19603197
I actually want to expand on this, because I fear people who take such a thing seriously might end up depressed longing that they could experience strangeness also. I have a suspicion about why I would see it and not others, which is therefore a suspicion about how others might see it. Be withdrawn and honest. Do not deserve the shit life heaps on you, and some of the hard edges of the experience will soften.
But if your experience is like mine, you still will not experience very much, nor anything connected, nor anything that makes the purposes of life apparent. That longing for the paranormal may well only be increased. There's really no satisfaction in petty phenomenon.
>>
>>19602937
it's like that scene in I, Origins when the french chick tries to explain to Michael Pitt that supernatural/spiritual things are real by comparing humans to worms. Worms are blind and have no concept of light even thought it's definitely real, so maybe there are senses we lack as well, and some lucky mutants are more sensitive to the light.
>>
I Want To Believe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.