[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: manly p hall.jpg (42KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
manly p hall.jpg
42KB, 250x301px
did he have so much knowledge about the occult at 27 years old

just reading "Secret Teachings of All Ages" and it blows my mind how much knowledge he had
>>
>>19598528
cum
>>
>>19598530
who exactly is this guy?
>>
Secret Teaching of All Ages blew my mind when I first read it
>>
>>19598528
He wrote fiction. You are the master of what you create in your own fictional world. thats how he knew so much about his own made up shit.
>>
>>19598528
Is that why he's dead? and not immortal? makes sense
>>
His divine spark grew sufficiently more powerful over sequential incarnations. He's a very bright soul and I'll always remember him.
>>
>>19598548
Manly P. Hall
>>
>>19598528
His parents were Rosicrucian who would have brought him up in a familiar way with such concepts, as my Baptist ones brought me up in constant study of the King jams Bible and Biblical history.

People were also (if they were of a class that had it available to them)) highly educated and rigorous, in those days. For most of modern history, a man who could read his language would also read Greek, Latin and Hebrew, with a great knowledge of his culture's history and religion.

The standardization of education down to a level where even "regular" people can all have a basic understanding of language, mathematics, science and history, is somewhat of a new concept.
>>
>>19598606
He believed in reincarnation.

>>19598596
He actually compiled quite of bit of manuscripts and old religious / philosophical texts, from private collectors and government sales, by means of donations from wealthy associates.
>>
>>19598528
What really floored me is becoming a preacher to a large church before the age of twenty two. I had expected a run-of-the-mill, dusty academic.
>>
>>19598548
Professer Xavier.
>>
>"In this era of "practical" things men ridicule even the existence of God. They scoff at
goodness while they ponder with befuddled minds the phantasmagoria of materiality.
They have forgotten the path which leads beyond the stars. The great mystical institutions
of antiquity which invited man to enter into his divine inheritance have crumbled, and
institutions of human scheming now stand where once the ancient houses of learning rose
a mystery of fluted columns and polished marble. The white-robed sages who gave to the
world its ideals of culture and beauty have gathered their robes about them and departed
from the sight of men. Nevertheless, this little earth is bathed as of old in the sunlight of
its Providential Generator. Wide-eyed babes still face the mysteries of physical existence.
Men continue to laugh and cry, to love and hate; Some still dream of a nobler world, a
fuller life, a more perfect realization. In both the heart and mind of man the gates which
lead from mortality to immortality are still ajar. Virtue, love, and idealism are yet the
regenerators of humanity. God continues to love and guide the destinies of His creation.
The path still winds upward to accomplishment. The soul of man has not been deprived
of its wings; they are merely folded under its garment of flesh. Philosophy is ever that
magic power which, sundering the vessel of clay, releases the soul from its bondage to
habit and perversion. Still as of old, the soul released can spread its wings and soar to the
very source of itself."
>>
>>19598596
You are quite mistaken
i suggest you go to the nearest gas station and set yourself on fire
>>
>>19600244
This is true.
He also had a commanding physical presence and a degree of "charisma."
He was a quick study, able to make sense of all the different manifestations of the occult then in the popular culture.
>>
File: isis.jpg (75KB, 639x368px) Image search: [Google]
isis.jpg
75KB, 639x368px
>>19598528

I have "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" sitting by my desk, and I still and I use it as a handy reference when I need to look at occult information. It's rather humbling the level of knowledge that he obtained, at such a young age, in time where references where obscured and hidden across the libraries of the country and globe. The children of the internet age tend to forget how precious a commodity information really was, and how carefully it had to be conserved and perpetuated in prior generations. My thanks to Mr. Hall and all the scholars who preserved and gifted us with the hidden knowledge of the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddHfU2wKvmc
>>
>>19600249
>preacher

Like a christian one? That's odd ecause he's a syncretist.
>>
File: 1505028935138.jpg (97KB, 700x840px) Image search: [Google]
1505028935138.jpg
97KB, 700x840px
>>19603550
>syncretist

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…
>>
>>19603603
I'm just wondering how he wasn't run out of the congregation by pitchfork wielding fundies
>>
>>19603624
most modern day churches are empty materialist motivational seminars for suburbanites. I'm confident that his church in 1920's California was on a mystical level at which he could discuss primarily philosophical concepts.

The "religious right" meme is a relatively recent thing.
>>
>>19603706
The 1920's saw a huge surge in enlightenment thinking and esoteric studies. People were starting to wake up, but then the Great Depression and WW2 completely derailed it.
>>
>>19598528
Reading. It does that. Kek.
>>
>>19603752
Many of us have aquired large amounts of book knowledge by that age. By reading them. And studying the subjects we love.
>>
File: manlyhall_cvr[4].jpg (32KB, 283x266px) Image search: [Google]
manlyhall_cvr[4].jpg
32KB, 283x266px
>>19598528

he was a certified genius, with a beautiful soul. He gave over 10,000 lectures in his life, most of which were completely off the top of his head with no notes or manuscripts. This man was no sham, no con artist; this man was perhaps the greatest philosopher of the 20th century.

here are his lectures.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PromienieNet/playlists?shelf_id=3&view=50&sort=dd
>>
>>19604243
why does he look so sinster tho?
>>
>>19604323
Because he served the demiurge.
>>
>>19604323

He is a serious man because the world has been in serious peril for the past 100, man must be regenerated.
>>
>>19604323
BECAUSE HE IS MAD.

HE IS MAD AT HUMANITY AND HOW THEY HAVE FORSAKEN THEIR SELVES
>>
>>19604333

Wrong, listen to him. He is the breathing embodiment of the spiritual and the ideal.
>>
>>19604343
no, that's Christ
>>
>>19604343
I'm merely shittalking, I have yet to buy the book, all books I have are chaos magick and dragon magick, pham.
>>
>>19604349

God sends angels to us doesn't he?
>>
File: 1503286066077.jpg (34KB, 416x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503286066077.jpg
34KB, 416x360px
>>19604333
Trips of truth...
>>
>>19598528
He wasn't sitting around watching television and "enjoy being a child" like mothers and media still tell their 23 year old children today
>>
>>19598528
he's a jew
you ever walked through these new yorker jew departments? with all these weird non-english speaking jews that constantly read books and exchange books
those are the kind of people who are telling the english speaking "western looking" jids what to do

If you ever watched Matrix and recognised all the symbols you also wouldn't believe these 2 deranged Wachowsky guys would have this much knowledge, its the same case
>>
>>19600246
The answer it's thelema, the organization it's bigger than it seems.
>>
>>19598528
afaik he had photographic memory
all else is a matter of interest
>>
>>19605568
>white goyim can't be scholarly and learned only the Chosen
>>
>
>>
>>19598528

>manly

sounds like a name a female to male tranny would make up and give to themselves
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.