[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handmade tarot deck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1023.jpg (12KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
1023.jpg
12KB, 300x218px
Hey /x/ i was wondering if you guys could help me out
I have been interest in reading tarot a lot lately, but tarot decks are very expensive where i live.
I was wondering if it was possible to make my own tarot deck, can you help me out?
>>
I mean how do i do it? All webpages have very different information, i have read that buying one tarot deck or doing your own is useless because the deck must be a gift from a witch who claims that you have the power to read it, is that true?
>>
>>19597927

Get good cardstock. Decide on your art style Fancy or minimalistic. Design your artwork for each card. Apply design to cardstock. Seal cardstock to prevent moisture ruining yo shit. Apply fanning powder for slicker shuffling. Super easy to do, just tedious.
>>
>>19597943
Yeah i know thanks, but what cards does a tarot have? I've read about mayor arcanas and other types of cards, how many are in a tarot deck?
>>
>>19597961
do you not know how to use google
>>
>>19597961
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Arcana
you're retarded
22 major arcana
plus the minor arcana: 4 suits: pentacles, wands, swords, cups
by the number one to ten plus four courts: page, knight, queen and king
>>
>>19597927
You can use a regular playing card deck. Use the suits to represent tarot. Not enough cards for the arcana, so you'll just be using the minors. Its kind of lame desu but its a solution.
>>
maybe a tarot app if you have cell phone or tarot download for pc
>>
>>19597961

78. 22 Major Arcana, 56 Minor Arcana.

As another anon suggested, playing cards are viable, but traditional playing card decks have 52 cards, which means you will need 4 spares to round out the Minor Arcana (Normally I just use Jacks = Pages, Queens = Queens, Jokers = Knights, Kings = Kings). Most playing card decks come with 2 Jokers (Some do come with 4 though), so two decks should give you a complete Minor Arcana without having to mark/modify the cards to differentiate them.
>>
>>19597927
if you can digitize your art you can get custom decks printed. there are a dozen companies that do this. google 'print my own game cards' or some such.
>>
to get anything out of tarot cards in an /x/ sort of way requires a lot of study of them
want soemthign useful for you?
make a list of cards (possibly accoridng to soem rules) taht you want in your deck, get blank business cards and draw on them.
downsides: unsealed they are vulnerable to damage. less reliable quality. you might overlook soem ideas. art quality and style dependent on you, so if you suck then your cards will suck. professional cards have reliable physical quality and art, but may lack the powerful inspiration involved otherwise. consider buyign or printing off a set on paper then makign your own better deck based on it.
>>
Someone recommended Golden Thread Tarot to me. I looked into it and it has an online academy and guide. If you're just starting out, that might be a good deck for you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.