[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I experience an ego death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: Gotta get a grip.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Gotta get a grip.gif
2MB, 500x375px
How do I experience an ego death?
>>
>Get drunk.
>Try suicide.
>You wont do it.
>Drink more till you pass out.
>>
>>19597237
Humiliation.
>>
>>19597237
Kill yourself.
>>
Dmt mushrooms acid mescaline
>>
take the vanta black pill
>>
>>19597261
seconded. The fear will pass if you wait it out. The chemical reactions in your brain can't outlast being patient with them.
>>
>>19597237
meditation
>>
>>19597253
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv5Q9we_l4
>>
Try Dzogchen. Check the subreddit it has great instructions. Good luck.
>>
mushrooms
>>
>>19597237
50 mg DMT vaporized all at once in a glass vapor genie
>>
3 hits of 5meodmt
>>
I experienced an ego death around 5ish years ago without using drugs or doing weird shit.

I literally sat down one day and said "reality isn't real and I'm going to use human logic to convince myself of it."

I stopped smoking weed, stopped drinking, wasn't taking meds or anything. I would meditate every day, and I would basically sit in my room all day with a tv on mute trying to get closer to an answer. So everyday I would shave a little bit off the question.

After about a month and a half of basically living in complete solitude doing all this, my mind was able to simply comprehend how literally everything is related to everything else. I stopped thinking in "words" and "pictures" and began thinking thoughts as "emotions", and I would see white whenever i closed my eyes. However after about a month of being enlightened, one of my friends needed a place to stay and I started living normally again. It all went away, and I developed a tick where I would constantly say in my head "that's not part of me" when looking at objects etc. So my mind is still trying to rebuild my sense of individuality.
>>
Three ways.
DMT, NDE and a extreme dissociattive episode
>>
>>19597490
>Three ways

That YOU know of.
>>
>>19597506
Well... yes.
But both three are legit
>>
>>19597488
Literally me. I'm glad to know I'm not alone, although I think for me it's been a losing battle.
>>
>>19597474
hey leo
>>
File: large.jpg (25KB, 402x320px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
25KB, 402x320px
>>19597237
Mushrooms would help with that.
>>
It's actually the core aspect of all religion.

Western Religion masks it, and Eastern embrace it.

Careful tho, if you do it to quickly you will get Schizo, and or other disorders.

It also seems to be a hereditary thing, some people can achieve it easier than others.
>>
Good news you might literally be fated to experience it, psychedelics are the way. You could spend your whole life meditating and never free yourself from your ego but in one night you could destroy/purify/rebirth your ego. If you start taking psychedelics with the intention to learn as much as the universe will teach you then it is only a matter of time before you have an ego death.
>>
A high dose of DXM is a pretty accessible way.
>>
File: 6666.jpg (74KB, 934x625px) Image search: [Google]
6666.jpg
74KB, 934x625px
>>19597577
>>
>>19597237
Have an MFM threesome.
>>
>>19597261
>>19597352
>>19597402
>>19597406
>>19597474
>>19597490
>>19597577
>>19597642
but drugs are bad???
>>
>>19597642
The irony of this is that you're speaking from an ego position and propping your horse that is psychedelics, and rejecting everything else. Your post is anti-psychedelics add. I mean it is implicit in your post that psychedelics don't permanently destroy the ego, if at all, when you said 'rebirth'.
>>
>>19597713
If you abuse them and don't respect them, sure they are. Remember with psychedelics especially though; if you get the message, hang up the phone.
>>
It's not a fun experience. Had it happen when i ate 2 grams of penis envy mushrooms. That's the strain name. I thoroughly hated the experience.
>>
>>19597721
Ooh truth
>>
Depends on you as a person
For most people, normies if you will, the easiest way is drugs
The more attuned and dedicated, meditation
Sometimes ego death can just happen like after a near death experience or something traumatic/very special happening to you
>>
Strip urself of possessions and live homeless.
>>
>>19597811
more truth
>>
>>19597721
Most people are not after a total destruction of the ego, rather the ablity to attach and detach at will to allow clear and lucid thoughts when necessary. I'm not anti meditation I'm just being realistic in assuming that people want some kind of result and psychedelics are the most surefire natural way to experience ego death.

I believe that there are Truths that are so specific to each of the major classical trips that you should venture out into LSD, DMT, and Psilocybin to understand each state of mind. When time stops during a trip it'll be much different depending on which trip it is, but that is not the only example just one of many psychedelic specific phenomenon that are exponentially more difficult to experience while meditating.
>>
>>19598282

>>19598282
Permanent ego death is a blessing. It's not like you stop being aware and you turn into a mindless drone. The self or the ego is an illusion. You don't even have it in the first place, if you try to look for it is nowhere to be found, it's just false identification with ever arising and ever ceasing thoughts. So you don't gain a new state you just realize you were always that and it was foolish to believe you were something else. The phrase 'ego death' leads to fatalistic notions in peoples minds and they conflate it with derealization, depersonalization and other negative states. Only your ignorance dies for reality to unravel itself.
>>
>>19598389
When I experienced ego death it was a complete humble understanding that we all are connected. Sounds gay as fuck, but I could open a drawer and see a spoon, and then be able to identify with it on a beyond primal level. I'm not larping, sounds super gay but it's different from believing you're part of everything, it's understanding it with every fiber of your being. Just like you know you can't breathe water
>>
Op. Very easy and Legal.... go on Ebay and buy Salvia Divinorum extract and smoke some...with a sitter of course.
>>
>>19598438
Your experience is genuine as far as i am concerned. I would also like to add that some meditations are more useful than others. The highest meditation is to turn attention on itself. Douglas Hardings' pointing experiment is a good example of this.
>>
>>19598448
also use a torch lighter to smoke salvia. nothing can prepare you for ego death, it's a life changing experience and you will end up seeing another life in a diff dimension or universe not of your own.
>>
>>19598450
Meditation is the only thing blocking me. I have the next question to ask, but the discipline requires more than I have atm
>>
>>19598455
Ego death is realizing that you ARE the universe, and yet you're not. Not sure if you're supposed to see other dimensions and crazy shit like that. All appearences are void at the end of the day.
>>
>>19598465
The practice is simple. http://www.headless.org/experiments/pointing.htm
>>
>>19598487
I'm trying to comprehend infinity by tip-toeing around trinity. Like the holy trinity, opposites define each other, but there's a third part like tesla said, the third part is understanding that like quantum mechanics the third part say in the holy Christian trinity is that the father is infinite, the son is mortal representation of infinite, and the holy spirit is both existing and neither at the same time. Works with past,presnt,future etc.

Thought I owed you that
>>
Sorry I can't explain it very well yet, new idea. Looked like a fucking retard
>>
>>19597713
>try Dzogchen
>but drugs are bad???
Be a little more attentive, padawan.
>>
>>19597237
Easy answer.

Ketamine, decent sex.

Medium answer.

Physical exhaustion, good sex (redundant I know).

Hard answer meditation.
>>
>>19597237
Get your heart broken.
>>
>>19597237
Have your full internet history, complete with all search queries, and all your posts on 4chan shown to the general public on a television show with your full name and photo being shown for all to see and laugh at.
>>
>>19597734

Pls explain anon
>>
>>19597734
>if you get the message, hang up the phone.
I don't buy into that. Psychedelics clean your spiritual windshield; egoic pursuits dirty it inevitably. Why throw away the windshield wipers after using them once? Then after time, the windshield will be so dirty you can't see clearly out of it.
>>
>>19599024
why do you need sex let alone able to perform in a k-hole ?
>>
>>19597237
Stop thinking in terms of 'I'
>>
>>19600506
He was saying that both ketamine and decent sex are able to produce an ego death experience, not that the two are used together.
>>
take some LSD and question your current "identity".

with a little bit of revving, eventually hopefully the LSD will take the wheel and will destroy the ego construct, causing you to now be completely detached from it.
>>
Drugs if you want temporary ego death, and some serious spirituality if you want permanent .
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.