[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Robert Johnson sell his soul so he could play the guitar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Robert_Johnson.png (84KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Johnson.png
84KB, 300x427px
Did Robert Johnson sell his soul so he could play the guitar? Crossroads ARE a special place in Voodoo and I know if you want to reach a deal at the cross roads you need to throw the dice out at 7 am into them. I also know theres more to the crossroads than just making deals . I'm not interested in selling my soul . Do you think maybe its the easiest way tho?
>>
>>19595214
>Do you think maybe its the easiest way tho?
Easiest way for what? If we're going with the myth, a couple years of pleasure and then dieing?
Nah, don't sell your soul - just do what the Rolling Stones did to Brian Jones and live a long life of luxury!
>>
File: Love me.jpg (31KB, 770x508px) Image search: [Google]
Love me.jpg
31KB, 770x508px
>>
Hearing about this always creeped me out anon. Something that has to do with old southern blacks and jazz music and talk of the devil
>>
>>19595232
I don't know that whole story but I believe its insinuated that they killed him...
>>
>>19595214
Roofie a Hobo, sell his soul instead.
>>
>>19595234
its cause its rooted in voodoo. I miss when /x/ had a voodoo general thread all the time
>>
>>19595279
I'm more interested in the different things you can do at the crossroads rather than selling souls.
>>
>>19595214
there is no such thing as selling your soul to the devil to become proficient in something you fucking retard this shit is just a stale meme that needs to die
just like you
>>
>>19595373
lol selling your soul is not a meme its been around much longer than MEMEs you are the idiot
>>
>>19595398
>meme
>an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
Memes have always existed you stupid dumbfuck, until recently, we didn't really have a proper word for them

there is no such thing as selling his soul to be good at somethingt you lazy unmotivated piece of shit, hard work yields experience thus making you good at whatever the fuck you spend your time on

get the fuck off this godforsaken board and start living you fucking retard
>>
What I meant is that Selling your soul is not some img macro grumpy cat pepe bullshit its is older than the word meme

and I think I know a little more about it through research hard work and yes experience than you do.

but hey anyone can look up a definition on google

as I said earlier I am more interested in other things that can be done at a crossroads you see I have all ready sold my soul a long time ago and you see though I did not get that much for it I'm probably living a much happier life than you
>>
>>19595537
kys
>>
I think clapton did it too. Killed his kid & not the satanic way but to only pursue his passion with no distractions
>>
>>19595584
I have tried and failed but I'll probably keep trying till I get it right
>>
>>19595214
>Did Robert Johnson sell his soul so he could play the guitar?
if by that you mean a jewish music producer, yes
>>
>>19595606
I don't think Eric Clapton killed his child because he was all ready famous way before that happened. Though he definitely cashed in on his pain. especially since he wasn't there when it happen but his wife and her mother were.
>>
why do we understimate the musical genuis of humans, and quickly attribute to a higher (albeit evil) power whatever raw talent people have?

what about the masters? and the renaissance men?
>>
>>19595629
they all attributed their gifts were from god, Robert Johnson said different
>>
>>19595609
>I'm probably living a much happier life than you
>I have tried and failed but I'll probably keep trying till I get it right
oh the irony
drink bleach faggot
>>
>>19595629
because most of /x/ are a bunch of severely challenged retards who have no grasp of reality
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.