[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help, i can't finish anything that I start,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 485x303px
I need some help, i can't finish anything that I start, and because of it i just lost all my will, I already searched for doctors, and I am not depressed, already tried ritalin but it didn't change a single thing, it's not that I don't want to do things it's like I forget about them or I lose all my will to do it once I start, once I searched for spiritual guidance in a Brazilian cult I found and heard that it came from my past life and it's something I have to get rid off, but I don't know how, any advice or help?
>>
stop smoking weed
>>
I don't do any drugs, I even stop drinking about one year ago
>>
>>16947464
How did you find etc?
>>
>>16947464
is /x/ always your go to for spiritual guidance?
you should try contacting a Higher Power
>>
>>16947707
Don't do this, but if you do, pay attention to how you do it.
>>
>>16947464
Will, motivation, and self-determination must be trained and maintained. The catch 22 is when if one doesn't have the motivation to train motivation, in which case one needs to start at square one. As long as you can reason and pick up a writing pen, I think the following methodology may help.

Get pen and paper, preferably a journal. Don't use a computer to write because you want to make the act as physical and permanent as possible.

Write down how you feel in the present moment, and then write down the question "Why do I feel this way?" and answer with as much detail as possible. Next, write down the question "What can I do to help solve this problem?" and answer it with as much detail as possible, listing multiple options. Now, select an option that can be performed immediately that seems like it is the best option, it could be as simple as going for a walk to get a bit of exercise and fresh air.

Here's the key of the whole process: it is impossible to not act on something you have fully decided as rational. Reluctance, or indecision is the result of incomplete reasoning. This is why you are using paper: if you try to reason out something in your head, your thought processes are much more transient and less subject to review. Writing is the most powerful invention in human history, it vastly increases one's ability to reason and communicate to themselves.

For the option you chose, write down the benefits and costs, and explore both of them with as much detail as possible. If you feel reluctant, write down your reluctance and the reasons for it. Any possible out, or any alternative action must be ruled out. When you are finished you will be left with one singular option that must be performed. You will know you are finished when you set the pen down and go do what you have decided, and it should feel effortless; you have programmed your mind to do it, you have willed it and there will be no resistance.
>>
You then go perform the action you have selected. If you are partially successful but fail to complete the task in whole, go back to your journal and re-start the process to determine what stopped you and try again. If fully successful write down your success in your journal, and how you feel about it. Because you have used your own reason and will to complete an action, the necessary outcome is positive emotion and motivation from it.

You now have motivational capital. Plug that right back into the process to approach another problem and take steps to solve it, and the result will be even more motivational gains and a strengthening of will. You will be creating a positive feedback loop to counteract the catch 22, using the smallest bit of motivation to create more exponentially. Eventually you will no longer need to use this journaling technique all the time, but be careful about abandoning it too early (in your position you should do it for at least a few months,) and it is wise to use it when tackling very tough problems that require a lot of reasoning to work out.

Keep in mind that this is just a template, as you practice this basic method you'll find ways to tailor it to your own needs.
>>
>>16947707
Most of the times I use /x/ as reference, but I know some guides, it was one of them that sent me to the terreiro (it's how they call the place of that cult, it's called umbanda)

>>16947956
I am starting it right now, I have a old journal I can use to do it, thanks
>>
>>16947693
Etc?
>>
>>16947464
>not depression
Your doctor is shit, look for a new one. Can't make a diagnosis with so little information (also I'm not licensed yet) but if this was an item in the board exam you'd either have depression (or maybe disthymia) or ad/hd.
Protip: attention deficit disorders doesnt always mean youre bounding off walls 24/7. Thats the hyperactive type -- and we have two types. The inattentive type is the second one which is harder to diagnose. It may seem like the kid is listening attentively to the teacher but the truth is his mind is so far gone from the present that he wont even notice if the fire alarm was blaring.

But yeah, do try past life stuff too, lets see if you can focus on studying it for a week. Seriously man as much as i like keeping an open mind, not everything has to be spoopy. Sometimes it's just shit neurotransmitters in the brain. Go look for a second opinion. Also, see a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists will only jack you up on meds and send you on your way.

Good luck, OP.
>>
>>16948941
Re: ritalin, if it doesnt work then ask for a different medication. Or go for a therapist specializing in CBT.

Really OP look for a different doctor or at least a second opinion. Your current ones sound like shit
>>
>>16948645
Sorry I was too bored to finish the question.
>>
>>16948941
I'm that second type of ADD and it sound like we got the same problem OP. Getting the correct diagnosis and treatment has been worth it for me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.