[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, what do you know about ladders in the woods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: images-1.jpg (52KB, 329x447px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
52KB, 329x447px
hey guys, what do you know about ladders in the woods?
>>
I know it looks dull
>>
portal to hell
>>
dont climb em
>>
>>16943479
it's a hoax made up by some reddit faggot on /nosleep in an attempt to plant the seed for a fiction book he's writing.

some of you fucks are just so gullible, christ.
>>
>>16943557
don't be an asshole, i was looking for something prior to those posts exactly cause i though that. so is just for a book?
>>
>>16943591
>don't be an asshole
>Translation: "I hate the truth."

yes, it's just for a book. go look at his tumblr and put two and two together.

searchandrescuewoods.tumblr.com

he linked it in his last post on /nosleep, i believe.
>>
There used for hunting blinds set up off the ground.
>>
Have you faggots never been innawoods? They're old deer stands, nothing more.
>>
>>16943598
lol. i didn't know he had a tumblr, just saw some of the reddit posts a friend showed me. the book seems cool though
>>
>>16943614
kill yourself
>>
>>16943665
That seems like an overreaction.
>>
That's a staircase, not a ladder you dense fuck.
>>
>>16943684

>That's a staircase, not a ladder you dense fuck.

It's the former you hybrid-potato.
>>
>>16943609
What he said.

When I was 8 tho they freaked me out big time
>>
>>16943694

>>16943694
A staircase is not a ladder, a ladder is not a staircase. Similar functionality doesn't mean the same thing. A pen is not a pencil. A marker is not a pencil. A pencil is a pencil.
>>
>>16943714

No no no

What comes second is the ladder.
>>
>>16943719
Troll
latter /= ladder
fucking idiots
>at least sage this shit posting
>>
>>16943684
Lol anon u mek mi kek. He is a meat head.
>>
They make cheap hunting stands
>source: ask any redneck during deer season
>>
File: 796.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
796.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>
definitely the portal to hell.
>>
>>16943479
I think they had a relgious experience there when taking 500ug LSD and so they came back and built a staircase.
>>
>>16943479
That's not a ladder and you are a homosexual faggot.
>>
>>16943479
>They make cheap hunting stands
>>16943757
/thread
>>
>>16943479
>ladders
that's not a ladder
>>
It's an interesting conceit, and despite simply being nosleep fiction, it's rooted tangentially in some interesting real life beliefs and stories. Missing 411 by Paulides is definitely a huge influence, and always worth a topic in and of itself, but many ancient cultures in Europe and Asia, even Australia that were surrounded by forested wilderness had a lot of fear and respect for those places. Many cultures have a belief in elves and "little people" like the Daoine Sidhe, even nature spirits, all of which were to be treated with deep reverence. The forest was theres, and many in those regions still believe this to be so. My Great Grandma, originally from Romania, was a staunchly religious, but would always tell us to always ask permission before entering the woods in any location. We'd wave her off, laughing about how maybe in the old country there was fear of wolves, but she ingrained in us this practice of asking permission before going into the forest. She said that if we should feel uncomfortable in any way after asking, or if a fierce wind rustled near us, particularly in the trees, we were not to enter. The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but she always made it out as though they had a mind of their own.
>>
>>16943479

Found one this summer when i was metal detecting. I remembered these threads and laughed out loud.
>>
And she's buying a ladder to heaven.
>>
>>16944200
lol
>>
Don't climb ladders or stairs in the woods because they might be old and fragile, so you might fall and hurt yourself/die. There's not a paranormal explanation for everything.
>>
I hate that story bc all the unoriginal fucks on no sleep copied it with other jobs and flooded the sub with shit like "I'm a highschool janitor and I think there's something going on at night at my school"
>>
>>16943614
I bet you're the fucking guy with the book
>>
>>16946255
>>16943614
>>16943598
>>16943591
>>16943557
Fuck off back to reddit you shit eaters.
>>
File: 20.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>16943557

I guess he had a time machine. These are at least 2600 years old.
>>
>>16943557

Welsbach patent
>>
>>16946608
be serious
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.