[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life revolves around struggle. At its most basic, the struggle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Shining1 (1).jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shining1 (1).jpg
94KB, 600x600px
Life revolves around struggle. At its most basic, the struggle for survival. Every animal is born and faces the everyday hardship of finding food, shelter, protecting their family, etc.

Yet, in the modern human world the concept of simply struggling to survive no longer applies as much as it does in nature. Sure there are people starving and struggling to live, but if you are on this board right now chances are you're not too worried about starving to death or being homeless (I realize this doesn't apply to everyone).

We live in a time where rates of mental illness such as depression and anxiety are at record highs. Do you think this is a result of us no longer having to worry about surviving to the next day, and the human mind, realizing it needs a struggle, will turn against itself to create struggle? To create something to combat and fight against in a world where we no longer have to worry about if we're going to be eaten by another animal or starve to death?
>>
and maybe it's bullshit and I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just curious to hear others thoughts on this.
>>
You cant say we are at an all time high for mental illness and anxiety. Psychology has only been around since the 1890's.

Youre kind of a dumb fuck OP.
>>
>>16935055
I speak from personal experience. It seems everyone these days has depression or anxiety, and there is scientific evidence that rates of both illnesses have been higher recently.
>>
>>16935045
No it's on account of the food industry and SJWs fucking with our naturally hormones. People stopped eating full fat high cholesterol diets as they had been doing for tens of thousands of years over the last 50 and now we are paying the price with the millennial generation and their extreme anxieties, severe depression, rampant communism etc
>>
>>16935062
That actually is a very good point. I once lived on a farm and pretty much ate only what I grew for a few months and I felt so much better physically and mentally.
>>
>>16935065
It is actually true. It is simply harder now than ever before to regulate where our food comes from and, thus, what goes into our body because we are no longer primarily agricultural and food production has been taken over by money seeking corporations. Consider that until the 1950s, skim milk was considered "unfit for human consumption" until they realized they could sell it to housewives as a diet product. All you hear about food from the President, and from larger, advertising based sources is usually completely incorrect. You and your hormones need fat and cholesterol to function optimally and most people are cutting both of those things for "health", and then (as if it could be worse) they are raising children this way. We have permanently weakened the stock and unless YOU take care to promote the alternative way in your own life, nothing can be done to stop our extinction.
>>
I think you're mostly right, OP.

I think due to advancements in technology, we are actually becoming less social, less caring, more detached, etc.

I mean, look at this site for example - here, under anonimty, I can call you a fog hat without any consequences or repercussions.
>>
>>16935057
I believe the rates of depression are this high now, because we no longer work to live, but work to survive. In olden times, we had to create and gather all that we needed to survive ourselves. While in this time and age we have abundantly all that we need. But still we toil away at some dead end job we hate, simply to survive our bills and not end up homeless. All that we have to fear is being without money, as we can't get anything anymore ourselves, as we have become completely dependant on others but ourselves for our necessitys. This way of living removes all wonder, accomplishments and adventure from life. Sure, we might live longer now than before, but a long life of suffering is worse than a short lived life full of exciting experiences to grow as a person.

Anxiety I believe is sky high in these times, because all media is conditioning us from childhood to act certain ways and confrom to what is "right and wrong". We are not being genuine anymore, we are really just acting out the sum of what we believe is the right way of being. Think of it this way, when you are born you are a blank sheet, and what you become in the end, is simply the sumation of all that which people have told you to be and not to be.
>>
>>16935045
You have some good points. People forget how fucking hard nature is. Something like 95% of the species on this planet survive a year if they're lucky. Our life-expectancy 200 years ago was 30.
>>
That's a fantastic black metal album by The Shining by the way. Ok, I'm out enjoy your thread.
>>
File: actual wizards.jpg (383KB, 1600x1509px) Image search: [Google]
actual wizards.jpg
383KB, 1600x1509px
>>16935045
>Do you think this is a result of us no longer having to worry about surviving to the next day
I've been saying that for years
>>
>>16935051
You might be right. When I have anxiety, moving around and giving myself a task like cleaning of finding something seems to help alot.
>>
>>16935055
disinfo
>>
>>16935382
I know you are searching. I know there is hope for you and it's not too late. I must tell you that the only way is to walk with Jesus the son of god. Man cannot survive on bread alone. You cannot survive by yourself. Don't be self-centered, be god-centered. Money, fame, cars, technology, and worldly desires will not save you and it will not save your love ones. If you are honestly searching, the truth will become clear. Do me this favor and be honest to yourself. I pray for you.
>>
>>16935807
I'm allready walking with Jesus, just not in the biblical sense. What I posted is just my explanation on what the poster was implying about the matter OP was talking about.

I honestly don't understand why you are saying I'm searching tough, I was just trying to put light on the matter of depression and anxiety.

I'm not self centered either, I'm god centered, but again not in the biblical sense. I put myself aside, to try and help everyone else. Because making others happy, makes myself so aswell.

Wordly desires don't tempt me at all, because what I have attained cannot compare in wealth, or anything materialistic.

I'm planning on becoming a psychologist, so that I can genuinely help others.
>>
>>16935045
Read the Unabomber manifesto you just described his hypothesis about struggle (he called it the "power process")
>>
>>16935863
May the holy spirit be with you and guide you on your journey.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.