[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did this mean when he fell into the black-hole?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: Nl8KjBO_-_Imgur.png (2MB, 1035x754px) Image search: [Google]
Nl8KjBO_-_Imgur.png
2MB, 1035x754px
What did this mean when he fell into the black-hole?
>>
>>16931174

That movie actually said something incredibly deep

>Love is quantifiable.

This is something that some people will see as stupidly romantic and Hollywood tier.

But in truth, it was much deeper than that.

Just the implications it made was, fantastic.
>>
>>16931174
That picture reminds me of my first salvia trip
>>
>>16931180
What's interesting is that love is defined as the primordial force of the whole universe in many neo-theistic traditions. Love is "the force" so to speak.
>>
>>16931198
Love is the reconciliation and blending of all the higher emotions, life and being itself.
>>
>>16931174
It was a 3d representation of their 4d reality. They made this so that he could give his daughter the equation that unifies quantum physics and general relativity if I remember correctly.
>>
>>16931210
I mean their 5d reality.
>>
File: zgdhzdtht.jpg (264KB, 1209x749px) Image search: [Google]
zgdhzdtht.jpg
264KB, 1209x749px
>>16931174

When you step into a higher dimension you can look over things that were originally beyond your sight, in this case he can interact with space time as if it were physical objects at his grasp (whereas we are submerged inside of space time like leaves on water, we're just going with the flow), he can see seams and "pages" in timelines and interact with them directly as we imagine gods or higher dimensional beings (angels) are able to.

>>16931191

Definitely.
>>
File: wcbwtfloyvbl21qgdusj.jpg (43KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
wcbwtfloyvbl21qgdusj.jpg
43KB, 636x477px
"Interstellar" is about a guy hiding behind a bookcase in his daughter's bedroom for damn near forever, watching her dress, undress, sleep, touch herself, read... and then finally he decides to leave her a cryptic message in some ripples of dust.
>>
>>16931180
>>16931198
>>16931207
>love

When you think about reality, and our experience of it, you'll find that it's not the objective things that matter to us,, cars, money, houses etc, it's the subjective things that we value.. love, friendship, happiness, etc things that cannot be measured.

There's a reason for that, though IDK what the fuck it is.
>>
>>16932908
>When you step into a higher dimension you can look over things that were originally beyond your sight, in this case he can interact with space time as if it were physical objects at his grasp (whereas we are submerged inside of space time like leaves on water, we're just going with the flow), he can see seams and "pages" in timelines and interact with them directly as we imagine gods or higher dimensional beings (angels) are able to.

Please stop typing. You come across as an idiot and reading your posts makes me want to punch the screen. I cannot afford a new laptop, so please stop typing.
>>
>>16932954
Aww, babbys first thought
>>
>>16932982
>babbys
baby's
>>
>>16933456

the mere fact that you're unaware of this grandfather of all memes >babby tells everyone that you need to luck more and comment less

it'll just be easier on all of us

http://dagobah.net/flash/babby.swf
>>
>>16933456
you fucken meme
>>
>>16932954
Do you know what board you're in?
>>
Great movie.

When I watched it in theaters some cholo dude said "fuck this gay shit" and walked out. Funny shit.
>>
File: 8-cell.gif (3MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
8-cell.gif
3MB, 255x255px
>>16932954

but, i mean, minus all the god shit, what he said was essentially right. if you use the term dimension in it's original sense, in it's mathematical sense, a dimension is just another axis of movement.

we live in a universe with three spatial dimensions, which means that we can have a maximum of three lines all at 90 degree angles from each other at any given time (a corner of a cube). we also can only have 2 dimensional surfaces. but a 4 dimensional space could have 4 lines all at 90 degree angles from each other (a corner of a hypercube) and their surfaces would be 3 dimensional.

from a 4 dimensional perspective, or universe would be like an infinitely thin plane, and from our perspective, we could only ever see a small small piece of a 4 dimensional object. pic related, this is a dynamic 2-d "shadow" of a 4-d hypercube.

if you are interested in the mechanics of extra dimensional objects, the book flatland is a really good start.
>>
>>16931174
It meant he was trying hard to copy Kubrick but failed.
>>
>>16933587
love guides him to his daughter...through space AND time... a emotion.
>>
>>16931191
Man motherfuck Salvia! Terrible experience. Holy shit.
>>
>>16931174
it means BRAVO NOLAN
>>
0D is no axis
1D is X
2D is X,Y
3D is X,Y,Z
4D is X,Y,Z+time fixed
5D is X,Y,Z+ freedom to move in time+fixed alternatives(limited)
6D is X,Y,Z+ freedom to move in time+freedom to move in alternatives(limited)
7D is X,Y,Z+ freedom to move in time+freedom to move in alternatives(unlimited)
>>
>>16935798
That's just a human concept which you just made up to explain the spacial dimensions that we can imagine. It doesn't actually apply to the universe as a "rule". Don't confuse the model with what you're modelling. They are not equivalent. A "map" isn't equal to the land it portrays, it's just a bunch of lines.

Anything other than 4D is unimaginable to a person living in this reality.

Also, define "dimension"
>>
>>16935824
im just attempting to try and make sense by writing it out, i know it may be 100%wrong, but is not worse than calling time a + thing. it is clearly impossible to accurately imagine the future, or revisit the past, unless we can control our point in time, which would make us 4th dimensional, but we cannot imagine the alternatives as we are 4th dimensional, i don't really know the definition of dimension in english but in my language it translates to depth. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY EARLIER COMMENT SERIOUSLY, i just wanted to share my thought.
>>
>>16935798
wow what a load of bullshit
>>
>>16932927
Wow, now I might actually want to see this movie.

Also, I would be a terrible father.
>>
>>16935845
Cool, I was just giving a counter-argument to this idea of "dimensions", a thing that nobody can define apparently, and also pointing out that our models, maps, concepts, metaphors, equations, terms.. that we use to describe reality are just models, and shouldn't be confused with /actual/ reality.

We only ever see the information presented to us from the interactions of particles. We measure the effects of a particle, then infer it's design from the effects. We never see the source of the information.
>>
>>16933456
It's a meme you dip.
>>
>>16933509
Who hit babby becaz a babby cant frigth back?
>>
File: IMG_20151105_152450.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151105_152450.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>16932927
you just became today's calligraphy practice.

10/10 synopsis.
>>
>>16936019
Not bad anon. How long have you been learning?
>>
>>16931180
>>16931198
>>16931207
>>16932941
Are we really trying to legitimize Nolan's shit writing?
>>
>>16936060
I'd say I've been writing for a few months now.

trying to git gud enough to write passibly good, but also fast enough so I can copy books and make full volume illuminated manuscripts.

shit kills my hand though.
>>
File: 1445800636983.jpg (54KB, 600x566px) Image search: [Google]
1445800636983.jpg
54KB, 600x566px
>>16932954

But he's, ya know, correct.

Imagine a 2d creature in our 3d world.

Now imagine us in a 4d or 5d world.

It's beyond our comprehension.
>>
>>16931174
Its just light, which is never destroyed, condensed so much he can see his entire life in a moment.
>>
>>16931174
I subscribe to the belief that Cooper was just bullshitting when he said love was a physical force that caused all that shit to happen. He didn't understand the science behind it and made a not-completely-accurate assumption.

That's the only way I can accept the ending. The movie was 90% hard sci-fi, and it was fantastic, til it became "hey yeah love is like a scientific thing and shit."
>>
>>16936019
Looking good!
>>
>>16935798
Time isn't a dimension, as it's present in all other dimensions.
>>
>>16936734
It's a series of chemical reactions that compel animals to breed. Love isn't some be-all-end-all power, it's a chemical high.

It's probably why your first love is never truly forgotten.
>>
>>16936084
Love is the Law. It was said a hundred years ago.
>>
>>16933456
Newfegs man...I just want to punch one IRL

Now that's edgy
>>
>>16931191
I thought I was the only one. I used to use this scene as a description for other people
>>
>>16937108

> I used to use this scene as a description for other people

>filmed released less than a year ago
>>
>>16937023
don't be so sure.
>>
>>16931191
Whenever I see this fucking word I just see saliva and associate it with it
>>
We, and maybe all our 3D universe, are the shadows of 4D beings and universe, just like our shadows and pictures are in 2D. These 4D beings are our thoughts. A thought can only live in the past (we can remember them), and a shadow can only live in the future (we can predict them). Only the light and the life itself can live in the present. Time isn't the 4D, it's what separate us from 4D.
>>
>>16937295

And I forgot to add, this is the reason we will never be able to go faster than light. The only thing we know that is faster than light is... thoughts.
>>
>>16937316
i think neural transmissions are the same speed if not slower as its just electricity jumping between neurons
>>
>>16937331
No because neural transmittion is already a chain of thoughts, the real base thought is what creates the spark. When the light of the spark appears, the thought is already gone.
>>
>>16932954
>this post

Woah.

>reading your posts

You got your ass handed to you by other anons, so there isn't much to say. I posted once, though. You can either stop reading my posts (i.e. stalking me) or you can stay rekt. If you're going to start arguments here you'll need to do better than

>youre an idiot reeeee

Who's the one making empty threats to punch their laptop screen when they can't afford a new one?
>>
>>16931180
Biochem is already an existing scientific field. It's not like this is anything new.
>>
File: interstellar.jpg (564KB, 2924x1756px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar.jpg
564KB, 2924x1756px
>>16936019

Keep up the good work anon! Always nice to run into a fellow calligrapher
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JrCU8F-vs

We're goin' four dimensions away.
>>
You guys do know time is man made right? It helps don't get me wrong and I'm not trying to troll or anything. It's just that if I was some 4th or 5th dimensional being time wouldn't be a big deal. And a question, the black hole he went through at the end, was it really a black hole? I learned that when you go through a black hole you begin to stretch and you perceive time slowing down. But that didn't happen to him. Was it just another worm hole?
>>
>>16933705
this is the only explanation needed
thanks, anon
>>
>>16937347

>base thought

And where does this occur? Which part of the brain?
>>
>>16937845
I don't think it's in the brain i think it's the birth or the death of a star or black hole in another dimension or universe.
>>
>>16931174
Looks like the yellow squares you see when closing your eyes and pushing your hands against them
>>
>>16931180
SMSH

Another movie did the same, and better, many years before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ
>>
>>16935798
i was actually thinking about this the other day and i always thought time was the 4th dimension but we actually use the time dimension in this one. i think the next dimension up is just the source of the information of this. the blueprint almost
>>
>>16933683
paying homage is not copying
>>
>>16937316
>The only thing we know that is faster than light is... thoughts.
Well, neurons communicate in the Mhz scale... via ion channels plus the build up of charges, and once these chemical signals pass a threshold, then an electron based signaling "chain" of synapse communication occurs.
Not faster than light, when it comes to this part, not even close.

Although, one thing that is subliminal in theory, is quantum entanglement.
We don't quite know the exact reasoning on why it works, but it seems like it abides by the internal logic of the universe, a sort of self correcting system... but that's all analogy.

If you're looking for things that transcend the current ideas on how the brain functions, look up quantum vibrations in the microtubles (there is recent evidence supporting this theory, as controversial as that sounds, it's becoming more reasonable).
Although, this adds an interesting reason as to why we perceive time the way we do, it's due to objective reduction (of the wave-function collapse) which occurs due to a type of "threshold" being reached via an influence from quantum gravity; as in, wave-function collapse is due to quantum gravity, and/or measurement.
Hence each collapsing moment in time, is this threshold being reached, and the collapse of the wave-function within these quantum systems (those microtubles, which are isolated from the environment, a requirement) equates to a moment in time (aprox .0042 seconds).
Also microtubles seem to operate on a type of "symphony", they have quantum vibrations that are in tune with each other (within the theory), and this *somehow* creates complex thoughts.
>within this theory, thought is "uncomputable", which means it doesn't operate on a logic system, but something else entirely

I don't quite like that idea of "uncomputable", as the idea that we can make a quantum computer to replicate this is a possibility (I'm sure he means in a classical sense).

>>16931174
Will post my thoughts in a few.
>>
>>16936019
go to bed miles
>>
>>16931174
>What did this mean when he fell into the black-hole?

Well, when you see the scene in which he's in the center and stopped, you'll notice there is seemingly "flat strips" that extend in lines, in a type of layered pattern.
Once he pushes one, it seems to create a ripple effect (i.e. setting up the symbolizing o the ripple effect, the butterfly effect, this is important).

These lines, are individual "timelines", represented as 1D interpretations (as in, left/right or forward/back); as that's all we can perceive with our limited senses.

When he goes up to the bookshelf, and attempts to communicate, all he can use is actions; which is using gravity.
Gravity is one of the only forces that we've theorized that can go across dimensions themselves (as we see gravity as a weak force, which is odd considering how wide spread it is, etc.); in this case we're seeing time as a dimension.

Now, when he moves throughout the complex network of timelines, we can see this same moment repeating for an infinity.
This is a type of "origin point" for the technology, a butterfly (as symbolized earlier), which lead to the creation of the space in which future humans have control of time itself; this is quite important.

The reason he says, "love is quantifiable", is due to him being being drawn to that specific moment in time, where he smashes that butterfly that creates the tech.
This is due to the idea that the beings beyond time, do not have a means in which they can communicate; as they're not bound by time, and are hence outside of time itself.
Requiring a type of outsider to interact with time, one that is bound by time.
So, there is 5D beings that are outside of time, which are the future humans, and they require a normal human to create the chain of events that lead to the said future humans in the first place.

cont.
>>
>>16938503
cont.

This isn't odd, because the future humans are outside of time, and once this is achieved within regular time, they have "always existed", as they're non-linear and outside of time.
Not just forward/back, but forward/back + up/down, meaning, they're essentially all timelines and all contents of all timelines; they're basically beyond the scope of time (as in, our classical sense of time doesn't affect THEM anymore, meaning the future humans, not the old humans).
>so that morris code he used, always existed in that timeline, due to being a space in which said timeline always existed

What this equates to is quite a deus ex machina... it's the idea that since they've "always existed", meaning outside of time, they're the origin of that special black hole, they're the origin of the wormhole that lead them to the black hole, and the reason they saved their earth.
>this only has to occur in one timeline, for them to make it occur in all timelines, via occurrences that have to do with time (as they only control time, like a wormhole that connects two separate points in time)
>>
>>16936103
Me too anon ️

>>16937030
This, but it is also a "need" like thirst or hunger. Survival instinct, really. To love and be loved is tribal acceptance - safety for the human, a historically tribal creature.
>>
>>16931174
They explained it in the movie when it happened
>>
>>16932927

Laughed out loud
>>
>>16936019
>in s
>ome

just why?
>>
>>16938590
Mostly, but the "lol its love" thing doesn't make any sense unless you also believe that love is some kind of magical force.
>>
>>16931174
Oh god. The ending

"No parent should watch their child die"

I cried
>>
>>16931174
Inside the black hole is the Akashic Record.
>>
>>16937062
You can make a movie with a subtle, poignant realization of this theme, but instead Nolan had Anne Hathaway blurt out "maybe love is a tangible force in the universe" as a BS excuse to go rescue her fiance. Oh, and don't forget to quote "Do not go gentle into that good night" at least five fucking times.
>>
>>16931174
I think its somewhat like this:
Inside the black hole is some kind of 4D hypercube allowing him to see the entire history of his daughters room. He was able to interfce with it via gravity, which is theorized to be able to cross all dimensions (space-time included). From falling into the black hole his computer was able to collect the neccisary gravitational data unknowable to humanity without directly observing a black hole. Through nudging his daughters watch hand he is able to pass the neccisary information to his daughter who uses it in combination with her existing equation to essentialy 'solve' gravity.
With this information humanity is now able to build machines which can directly influence gravity. Other than the more obvious useful applications of this for space travel, gravity bends space-time allowing for the creation of wormholes and timetravel.
So in the distant future after all this is second nature to humanity, they construct a wormhole between the sol and gargantua systems way in the past in order for the astronought to reach the blackhole they need data from. They then construct the hypercube inside the blackhole in order for him to send the relevent data back to earth. Thats what he means by 'we sent ourselves here' (I think).
Obviously all this only works if we accept that the multiple timelines theory of timetravel (a la steins;gate) is true.

TL;DR
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey
>>
>>16939641
predestination paradox at it's finest imho....
what really gets me angry is that most people stop at that "love is a force" explanation and accept it as the solution. the tesseract-beings(formerly known as humans) can observe the whole timeline but not interact with it. thats why they "picked" a strong bonded pair for communication...... but thats just my theory
>>
>>16939918
but love is what connects murph and her father, murph didnt give up dont you get it, if murph said fuck my dad im going to be a stripper then the earth would be mars and there would be no point to solving gravity unless it was on the basis of love first
>>
>>16931198
Even in Christianity, lots of mystical writing consider love the primordial force through which the Universe was created and sustained.
>>
>>16931174
post yfw you realize that was a practical shot
>>
>>16937023
This, plus time is a subjective metric, depending on the velocities involved, 1s stationary != 1s at light speed
>>
>>16937619

Its not so much man made as just a way of perceiving our existence in the known universe.

Also, if you were to approach a black hole, you would accelerate until you reached the event horizon, your rate of acceleration to the black hole would to you, appear to be decreasing, due to your time perception being different to that of the sigularity (quantum rules notwithstanding) - essentially if you accelerated enough, it would feel like you were falling for years and years towards the black hole as your relative speed to it would be vast, whereas an observer on the outside would see you disappear in the blink of an eye.

Physics is awesome
>>
>>16937135

nice b8
>>
>>16932927

Not quite bright spark, he can pick any moment in any of her timelines to travel to. He picked the timeline he came from to bring him to the tesseract and subsequently give her the quantum data to make Plan A feasible.

The tesseract only closed when he relayed the data correctly and Murphy got it. He picked the right moment and the right method to convey the information effectively. Time for him probably stopped progressing while he is in the bulk, so its likely he spent thousands of earth relative years trying to find the right moment in the right timeline to close the tesseract.
>>
>>16933683
This
>>
>>16937435
>>16936019

you guys are literally wasting time, skill points, and your fucking hands/wrists.

nobody thinks it's cool.

it looks retarded when you do bullshit fonts on computer like a try hard edgy faggot.

apply yourself.
>>
>>16932954

look out everyone we've got a real tough fag over here
>>
>>16940026
>mah jesus
>>
>>16931174
It was just 2001 for the millenials.
>>
>>16931174

Apparently, it was another dimension created by future humans so that humans in the past would survive to create them. It's a paradox.

But the place was supposed to be a tesseract of sorts. Time was physical here, along with the normal dimensions we're used to, so it made these connected infinite serious of 'rooms' looking at different points in time.

Basically, Nolan thought he was being a clever dick. He wasn't.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.