[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys something weird happened. >be me >curious about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Gospel-Tracts.jpg (17KB, 537x260px) Image search: [Google]
Gospel-Tracts.jpg
17KB, 537x260px
Hey guys something weird happened.

>be me
>curious about God
>ask Him to reveal Himself
>find little gospel pamphlet on my way home
>tried to give it to someone who looked like they needed it but they didn't take it

It's weird because I asked, and then I literally walked into it a short time after I figured you guys might know something about it?
>>
>>16931021
It's called synchronicity. It's like talking about the last episode of the Sopranos and then Don't Stop Believing comes on the radio. That happened to me yesterday.
>>
I also noticed it is a very harsh message until they use the quotes from the Bible.

>"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"
Makes sense, no one's perfect

I noticed many Christian's tell you if you don't go to church on Sunday's you're going to hell, but couldn't we just spend time asking God stuff whenever we feel like it instead?

They use the same passages too in each pamphlet, because the same week or two I kept recieving these pamphlets
>>
>>16931025
Isn't God the source of synchronicity? Not that God is only in Christianity (I think the church overtook God as "exclusive" for some reason)

Even asking Jesus for guidence I found a really cool grotto with Jesus at the top of the staircase and stations of the cross. What would this be, synchronicity?

It is crazy it is like Jesus was never meant to be such a burden on people, why must it be like this? He taught some wisdom, then people took Him and used Him for religious inquisition and all this other stuff
>>
>>16931028
For a number of Christian writers, what they really mean by 'original' sin is more that sin is universal, like all members of a class (people with at least normal mental capabilities and above about age two), have this property of sinning, at least now and then. So some of the arguments for religion start with sin, not always to try and scare people into joining a church, but like when an introductory physics class starts with the physics universals - matter, energy, space, and time. The Bible starts with an explanation, not just of how the world was created, but a story about why sin is a universal. That doesn't mean contemporary Christians are right about just what constitutes a sin, whether the story of Adam and Eve and the Serpent is anything more than an allegory, and lots of other things, but it does mean that, if it makes sense to call sin some sort of universal in human behaviour, than any religion or philosophy or psychological theory that doesn't deal with it is inadequate.
>>
>>16931021
You need to raise your threshold for being impressed by coincidence. Because that is one low threshold you have there.
>>
>>16931087
What's low about it?
>>
>>16931080
I notice that sin is essentially a moral wrong doing and also an attempt to seperate oneself from God in the name of freedom.

Not that God doesn't provide freedom, it's one thing to do your own thing and have it be ok, but another thing when you do it in spite of.

Some Christian's don't believe God created mankind I guess, which would mean civilization could stop blaming God for their suffering in material reality.

Either way, it seems God wants some recognition fron each of us
>>
>>16931021
yeah, you were thinking about something and then you paid more attention to things related to it.
you probably walked past the pamphlet like 5 times without noticing it before
>>
>>16931225
But could it be an "act of God"?

Idk man have you ever had any crazy synchronicity that made you question everything you ever knew outside scientific reasoning?
>>
>>16931233
>Idk man have you ever had any crazy synchronicity that made you question everything you ever knew outside scientific reasoning?

yeah I have recently but my synchronicity is driving my mental health down the shitter so I don't know if it's god
>>
>>16931021
>>16931133
If you live in the USA there's probably about 20 churches within a mile's radius of you. The chances of finding a gospel pamphlet at random is pretty high.
>>
>>16931021
You are god. Your higer self. When you ask him stuff he answers... you just mixed in the right soup of visualization and emotion for manifestation through your higher self.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.