[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a human become anything else or transcend? Or are we doomed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (159KB, 728x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 728x525px
Can a human become anything else or transcend? Or are we doomed to this frail meat suit?
>>
File: jinn_Arabic.jpg (336KB, 594x900px) Image search: [Google]
jinn_Arabic.jpg
336KB, 594x900px
believe or not, the jinn is able to transform his appearance to look like a human but he needs a lot of power to do it. but i don't think we can do that.
>>
>>16927883
That's a major point in religion.
When you die, you might become a spirit creature. Think permanent astral projection.
Or you might not.

If you mean physically, then you can try lycanthropy, undeath (vampirism), or various ascetic practices. No guarantee they're real.

Then on the tech side, there's transhumanism. Brain uploading, cyberization.
>>
Just find a behelit m8
>>
>>16928022
>Not OP
I've been meaning to get into lycanthropy, but absolutely no idea how
>>
>>16928811

You'll also need someone to come along, you know, for a sacrifice.
>>
>>16929160
yeah bring all your friends
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 640x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 640x615px
>>16927883

of course you can OP, your mind exists in all forms. But don't get me wrong, it's very difficult in this particular dense reality..
But what do you think death is, if not transcending this reality?
>>
>>16929207
>solution: kill yourself
Not exactly subtle, are you anon
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 640x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 640x570px
>>16929212

Hahaha, I wasn't suggesting death, I wouldn't recommend it. There are ways to enter other worlds without death.

Death is just a doorway to other realms, everyone goes there eventually. some choose when (an hero), and some go with the natural course of their sojourn.

For a teaser of other realms, try psychedelics, for a surreal experience, induce yourself in a psychosis (some can be extremely brutal though). To free your thoughts, practise meditation.

Happy to answer any questions you have
>>
File: Unplugged.jpg (113KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Unplugged.jpg
113KB, 500x334px
>>16929226
Mainly trying to find ways to reinterpret/shape my own perception of reality. I want to look and feel a certain way, but I don't really care how I look to other people, just myself. Any suggestions on how to do this?
>>
>>16927883
your spirit as it manifests in this reality is in no way unique or special unlike what many will tell you. if you choose to believe in multiple universes then you could consider that which binds all of your manifestations as your spirit or soul then yes it has a character, but right now as you sit here you are not much better off than anyone else

there are really two paths - die and your energy is reassembled into a new body and this is not reincarnation, since you effectively merely function as fuel
or you could recognize that you as you are right now are just an assembly of circumstances. from here you can start building your spirit and ascend

but until you recognize that you are in no way special and if you die not much of value will be lost this is impossible, essentially in order to "build" your spirit so it can ascend to different planes other than the material (which works as an engine or a drive for all other planes so it's subjected to time as it has to move somewhere) you have to recognize the building blocks of your spirit first - and this is where it get uncomfortable - you will start recognizing that besides your ego you just an assembly of certain characteristics that happened to come together in the way it did (you might believe you have a destiny but this doesn't really help you at all and just feeds your ego)

it's difficult to explain really but think of it like this, rather think of it as an exercise - summarize to yourself who you are as simple as possible and all detail you can think of: gender, date of birth, place of birth, your character (ego), behaviour, habits everything; now start questioning it, do any of these qualities make you unique (are they not possessed by other people?) and how do they come together. what can you do with these pieces?
>>
>>16929264

Yeah you want to start with basic mindfulness. Analyse yourself more. try to look at this from an outside perspective, almost as if you're spectating your life. take note of the choices you make, the actions you take.

when you understand yourself, you'll be able to change what you don't like, and remould yourself in the 'true' way that you see yourself.

you CANNOT change your exterior reality without first changing yourself. That being said it took me 4 years to even begin to understand.

it's kind of like..
>want to remove negativity in your life?
>stop being/thinking negative thoughts
>want to be free from judgement of others?
>free yourself from judging others

..and these things take time, don't expect changed overnight. Our lives all run in 4 year cycles of change. Look into your future and see what you want, then start doing that NOW. persistence is key

I was homeless, drug addicted, no friends, no love, no directions a few years ago..
on this day today, I have a beautiful girlfriend who loves me unconditionally, a bit house, a few animals companions, a bachelors degree, a well paying job and a lovey daughter.
create the reality you want in your mind, and strive for it everyday. You will lose some days, and you will win some days, but as long as you stay true to yourself you will have the reality you desire.

sorry if my thought patterns are everywhere, I'm bipolar as fuck so I jump around a lot.. also typing on my phone haha.

hope I've helped, happy to answer anything else
>>
>>16929283

I really have to disagree with a bit you wrote there..
EVERYONE is unique and special, look at nature, everything is unique in it's own way while still fulfilling the whole. Do flowers look at other flowers blooming and try copy them? no.. they just simply be.

everyone has potential to change the world (be it MLK, Malcolm X etc etc) but only those crazy enough to think they CAN change the world do !
don't go through life thinking you're "just like everyone else". you have a unique purpose that is yours alone, a purpose you CHOSE before you incarnated here.. it's just you have free will whether to follow your path or deviate off it.
>>
>>16929343
have fun being stuck here with your ego then, your just making it harder to let go

sure things are unique they have to be, but again refer to my little exercise and apply it to yourself and see what you come out with and you might see what I mean, I probably should have added that one last part - whatever you are left with after you have shed all the things that are unnecessary you will be left with what probably is your spirit but your ego is going to stand in the way the entire time so as long as you consider yourself special you will never progress

all life follows energy flowing through patterns - in that nothing is truly unique, but the infinite universe is going to provide you with so much variety that you will not be able to consider anything as the same as the other

you have to expand expand expand, aaaand your going to fell empty after you come to conclusion that your cells, your life, education, parents, all the imprints you receive while appearing unique to you and feeding your ego distracts you from what binds it all together, the building block you need to access to progress

I'm a bit tired as its 2 o clock here and I should be asleep really, but the Tibetan concepts of grasping and aversion are a good starting point to put in context

you can become whoever you want to be and go wherever you want but first you are going to have to give yourself up, dissolve to then again manifest, I might sound like I'm repeating myself here but I really want to drive the point home - your ego is very VERY closely linked with the material and it REALLY doesn't like dissolving since this is practically death for it, much like your body is not going to let you kill yourself if you are too weak willed
>>
>>16929396

damn brother calm down, I'm not attacking you haha. Thinking you can "remove" your ego is just silly, it's a part of you, it's impossible to remove it. You simply train your ego (self control/mindfulness)
Anyone who think they "don't have an ego" has the largest ego of all, and has fallen into an ego trap (once again not an attack at you, just a statement)

I agree with most of what you're saying, shedding your old self is a vital part in growing. I merely disagree with your statement saying that were basically all the same (true in a universal reality sense, not true in earth reality sense)

we have all incarnated here with unique purposes.
Person A may be a young soul, so he's focused on things like maybe raising a family, or gaining acceptance from peers.
Person B may have incarnated here hundreds of times, so maybe his quest is to help reshape the globe.

I understand you may be tired, and sometimes written text can be a barrier, especially when trying to discuss topic with so many perspectives.. but I think we are trying to express the same thing, possibly from different perspectives. I just want to clarify that your ego is not your enemy, unless you don't control it. and out of control ego is all me me me me, a healthy ego has a confident image of Self

Just remember, you're telling me YOUR opinion, and I'm telling you MINE. you can't claim to be more 'right' than another person, you don't even know if what you're claiming is true. (again not an attack)
>>
>>16927883
Why do people act like they know what they're talking about?
Such as:
>>16927931
>>
Yes, you can, once you're on the threshold you'll either stay or lose yourself forever. Someone will take your place that seems just like you, except their life will be 'changed'. There's a waiting line for the vessel that is our bodies.
>>
>>16929429
>Thinking you can "remove" your ego is just silly, it's a part of you, it's impossible to remove it. You simply train your ego (self control/mindfulness)
>Anyone who think they "don't have an ego" has the largest ego of all, and has fallen into an ego trap (once again not an attack at you, just a statement)
yeah no I'm just being incoherent from tiredness

dissolution is removal though, see I did mention it's going to re-manifest, and ego-death is a little silly as it will probably fuck up your everyday life and function and that's not really the point I agree

>that were basically all the same (true in a universal reality sense, not true in earth reality sense)
yeah that, I didn't really in a gnostic sense make a distinction between material reality we are present in and operate on and the mental universe which is one

>I just want to clarify that your ego is not your enemy, unless you don't control it. and out of control ego is all me me me me, a healthy ego has a confident image of Self
I would still argue that you need to let your "self" go, and dissolve to discover what lies behind it, our image of "self" is pretty much the ego but not the spirit - they're not separate, spirit needs ego to manifest in material reality or rather ego is a mental manifestation that relies on material reality as it is born within it, but what we want is to go beyond material reality and ascend no
so it ends up a little paradoxical in my mind that you need to give up your current self to discover your deeper self, that is spirit, but hey no one has all the answers

>you can't claim to be more 'right' than another person, you don't even know if what you're claiming is true. (again not an attack)
I never would, thinking that I'm right would actually just feed my ego and stop me from making any progress I believe, I can only know what's shown to me right now

though this conversation has been fruitful I'm nodding off and this post has reached it's word limit
>>
>>16929450
*dissolution isn't removal
your ego unlike your body doesn't really die until you do
>>
>>16927883
Short answer, no. Deal with it.
>>
>>16929152
The starting point on the subject is Montague Summers' book on werewolves. Or you could try Google. Most if not all of what you find will be bullshit, and if you're desperate you'll try all of it. I won't tell you not to, but don't have high hopes. I've never encountered anything but roleplayers. If there are real ones, they're either not on /x/ or they're smart enough to not make AMA threads.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.