[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

~WOT Warning~ I live in Northern New Mexico, in the hills in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

~WOT Warning~
I live in Northern New Mexico, in the hills in the outskirts of a moderately sized city. My house is actually in a valley; the further you go away from the city the more mountainous the terrain gets. A mountain sort of looms over the area, it isn't huge or anything but it's far taller than anything nearby and the face you can see from my house is really sheer.

There's a single trail that leads to the peak of the mountain and i hike it all the time. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the trailhead and the hike to the peak takes about 2 hours. It's a really pleasant hike and the view from the top is gorgeous. It isn't a super popular trail or anything but that appeals to me.

I'm a night owl and i smoke on and off so sometimes i'm outside late at night. I can see the peak of the mountain (pic related, to the left) from my backyard so i can see it at night when i'm having a cigarette. About a month ago around midnight i first noticed a light at the peak. People around here like to take night hikes and a powerful flashlight would definitely be visable at that distance so it's not all that unusual. What was unusual was that the light stayed constantly bright and didn't move for 20 minutes, and then suddenly shut off. I stayed outside for another half hour but the light never returned. I didn't know what to make of it but i shrugged it off and forgot about it for a while.
>>
>>16925360
A week later i was outside again at midnight and i saw the light again. Just as before it stayed constant and unmoving for 20 minutes and then when dark. This was kind of beyond weird so I decided to go out the next night at the same time to check it out again. Sure enough, that night it was there and behaved the same way. I timed it this time, it came on right at 12:20 and turned off at 12:42. Since then I've watched the peak on most nights and every night i have it has been out there at the same time and done the same thing, with at the most one minute of variation. I've been up to that peak dozens of times and there's nothing up there at all. All that lies beyond it is more mountains and none of them have radio towers on them.

What the fuck. I'm not the kind to get creeped out easily but this is too weird. I've only done a night hike once before but i'm determined to go up there and see wtf is happening. I'm not working on Thursday so i'm going up there Wednesday night. I'm going to start the hike around 10pm so I'll get up there right as the light normally turns on. I'm going to bring my camera, a hunting knife, and some water, nothing else. I'm definitely creeped out but i have this really intense drive to find out what's up with this. I told my neighbor I'm going on a hike at that time (i didn't tell him about the light because he's the kind of guy who would make a huge effort to talk me out of it) and he's going to check in on me in the morning to make sure i get back ok.
>>
Tomorrow I'll take some better pictures with a real camera.

Some background: I worked for the New Mexico Forest Service on a trail crew for 3 months this past summer. I spent 3 months straight living, working, and shitting in the woods. If you've been to New Mexico, you'll know it's got a strange vibe to it. I read about this before coming but I really couldn't anticipate just how true it is.
>>
Op, could it have been a star in between trees?
>>
well dont be a bitch on not post your findings
maybe stop and relax about ~10-15 minutes walk from the light, then when it turns on begin your approach
godspeed
>>
Could be drug runners signaling? Maybe a silly fuckwit /x/ian doing the whole "muh lazar iz summonin ayy lmaos" thing? Occams razor, man.
>>
Keep us posted OP.

I would go with you but I'm a huge pussy.
>>
>>16925360
"i wuz on a hkie andi saw a light guyz tel meh wha cha think"
-OP
>>
Taos nm is a strange place...
>>
Op is kill?
>>
OP I want to know
>>
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.