[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time Urban exploring questions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: bilde.jpg (33KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
bilde.jpg
33KB, 640x387px
Sup /x/, I'm thinking about doing my first "Urban Exploration" with some friends. We've decide to look around this semi creepy looking abandon spa in our neighborhood. Any general tips on what to bring or to expect? Will be taking pictures and posting them here once we go next month. Also share your urban exploration stories!
>>
>>16925107

This is in New York right?

I think I've been here
>>
>>16925107
Urban autism more like it, leave the exploring to us /pol/lacks you filthy fucking kike
>>
>>16925139
OP here,
Yeah its in the Westchester
>>
>>16925107

I can't remember where this is but I've been there. Near white plains I think?

The 1st floor is totally open isn't it? Lots of graffiti and a bit of trash/bottles

Right by a commercial area, a street with restaurants
>>
>>16925159
Yep that's the one, right across from a wings resturant.
>>
>>16925151

I'ver walked around the base but the door was sealed.

Another place in westchester that's good is the old Dominican college girl's dormitory. It's in Orangeburg.

100 years old, condemned, but you can enter through the basement window.

It's got a real haunted house aesthetic to it. I've been in there twice at night with friends it's fairly safe.
>>
>>16925176
http://www.scoutingny.com/inside-an-abandoned-masonic-hall-in-tappan-ny/
>>
>>16925187

I had no idea it was masonic when I went
>>
OP, here

What do you guys recommend bringing? Aside from a flashlight
>>
>>16925176
Ill be sure to add the dormitory to my list. Hopefully I can make it inside the Spa, even if we have to "find" a way inside it.
>>
File: (8).jpg (2MB, 4000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
(8).jpg
2MB, 4000x2667px
Bring a tripod if you can, something to keep the camera steady, or your pics are likely to come out blurry and/or noisy. A flashlight should go without saying, phone lights really don't cut it, as I've found out the hard way (I once ended up having to navigate a hospital's sub-basement in the dark).

DO NOT BRING A WEAPON. A lot of first-timers make this mistake, myself included. You're not too likely to run into a physical threat, but if the police decide to have a word with you, it'll be that much harder to get out of. If you do get caught, just be polite and answer their questions. Chances are you'll get off with a warning, or maybe a ticket.
>>
>>16926179
As a /k/ommando I disagree. If you leave your house without at least three firearms you're asking to get raped.
>>
File: 04.png (8KB, 414x248px) Image search: [Google]
04.png
8KB, 414x248px
>>16925107

Someone have experience in trespassing ?

There is a very big park who is closed at the evening/night with a large artificial lake near my area.
I want to trespass him at night and go to swim. How I can know if the water is safe/clean to swim ?

There is also a water tower I want to climb.

The park don't have cameras in the large open areas but I don't know if there is guards at night. I don't want to get fugged
>>
>>16926217
I have some experience trespassing but there's not much to say. Don't be loud or draw attention to yourself. Learn to navigate woods in the dark. Keep your night vision good. Meaning if you look at you phone or something bright, close an eye. Also, if you see someone just stop. A lot of times if you don't move they won't notice. Then you can slowly back off when they aren't paying attention. Don't park too close. It's easier to walk a distance than get noticed parked right by the gate. Oh and always know where you are in the area and how to leave in a hurry if you do get noticed or 5-0 rolls up.

As far as the park, most likely a city worker comes and locks a gate at night and that's all the security there is.
>>
>>16925218
Food, phone, water, hammer.
>>
>>16927232
Forget the hammer. Bring a decent sized mag-lite with fresh batteries. Check all your gear to make sure everything is in good condition before you go.
>>
>>16925107
Treat urban exploration like you're in snake territory. Do not touch or step on what you cannot clearly see. I know this sounds like dumbass advice, but I had a friend talk a nasty fall once because he didn't watch where he was going.

Depending on the place might want a surgical mask or something to breathe through. Dust, asbestos, bird shit five feet high, don't want any of that in your pipes. Lastly, don't go urban exploring. Is dangerous, son.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.