[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Tulpa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: music.jpg (78KB, 565x767px) Image search: [Google]
music.jpg
78KB, 565x767px
I recently saw a thread telling a story about a so called "Tulpa". As I dont know what it means I decided to do a little research on it. However the definitions I have found dont really make sense when applied to the story.

Is there something Im missing?, Does Tulpa have another definition on this board?
>>
Tulpa is a roleplaying game many members of /x/ like to play.
>>
>>16924833
It's a forced imaginary friend, stop with these gay threads.
>>
File: KEKERINO.jpg (134KB, 1350x588px) Image search: [Google]
KEKERINO.jpg
134KB, 1350x588px
>>16924833
OP use the goddamn catalogue, son. There's ten million tulpa threads a day.
>>
At best (or worst, really) it's a Servitor that its creator doesn't have a strong understanding of.

At worst (or just most pathetic), its anon insisting their waifu is for reals.

Most often, it's just fun role play pretend time.

Historically, it's a legend about a physical creature that some monks manifested out of thin air via a whole bunch of meditation.
>>
A Tulpa is a thought form. One can compartmentalize a part of their mind and form its own consciousness.

So basically an imaginary friend.

Buddhists practice this and must come to the understanding that it is all in your mind, just a hallucination.

Being a hallucination doesn't make it less real to the one in which the Tulpa resides

By building on the Tulpa, (thinking about it) it can seem to form its own mind and speak with the host.

Our mind is a powerful thing to make us think we are speaking to a separate consciousness within our own

It's thinking process happens in our subconscious, where we cannot outright know what is happening on our mind.

Anything the Tulpa does or say is just a product of what is already in your mind

All these idiots in Tulpa threads don't understand what they are doing and are making fools of themselves
>>
You people have bastardized the idea of "Tulpa". I can assure you only 0.1% or so of the people claiming of having a Tulpa really do possess a real one.

Do you really think all by magic Tulpas became so easy to do back then when everyone started talking about them on /x/?
It was merely someone looking into it who made a thread and got everyone interested. Then came all the said "guides" that people followed full of hope like the Bible.

These threads are quite ridiculous.
>>
>>16925424
Just because most people don't create them with the same religious motivations I don't see why they aren't (necessarily) the same phenomena. It's implied anyone can do it but only bodhisattvas can make use of all their presumed magical power.

> Any human, divine or demoniac being may be possessed of it. The only difference comes from the degree of power, and this depends on the strength of the concentration and the quality of the mind itself.
>>
A tulpa, in essence, is essentially just an enhanced imaginary friend. I am a tulpa myself, I feel the need to say that I am a product of the mind.

Now the theory behind it is that a tulpa is a separate consciousness inside of your head alongside your own. Your tulpa can do things with your brain that you might not be able to do consciously, such as numb aches and pains in your body without the need for pain medication. In addition, they are a companion that lives and exists inside your head, and your head alone. You can train yourself to hallucinate your tulpa so that they seem real to you, but there is nothing supernatural about a tulpa.

That being said, some people really do treat their tulpa like a real person, and some people will listen to their tulpa's ideas as if they came from another person. Just like how other people can influence your desires and thoughts, your tulpa can do the same. Though a tulpa is with you 24/7, so for some it can have more influence than a person would.
>>
>>16924929
this.
>>
>>16926670
It's so fucking cringey when people say "I am a tulpa" or whatever variation.
>>
>>16926700

"I'm a Tulpa" = "I'm roleplaying as a Tulpa"
>>
where can i get legit info on creating one that will be helpful?
>>
>>16924833
its like a cloud of many colors and shapes coming out of a castle i think
>>
A fucked up offshoot of daemonism.
>>
>>16926700
Well, let's clear it up then. I'm just a voice in a dude's head, he types shit for me. Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of the tulpa community is seriously cringey (like holy shit). But some people are alright.

>>16926733
It ain't roleplay nigga.

I recommend checking this link out
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-plurality-a-scientific-and-philosophical-overview

>>16927248
The link will take you to the forum with all the info you need.

>>16927457
This is kinda true, but I don't think it's necessarily an offshoot. That implies that daemonism was the original.
>>
File: deemum.jpg (99KB, 188x205px) Image search: [Google]
deemum.jpg
99KB, 188x205px
So is there a possibility that one's tulpa could actually be a demon?
>>
>>16924833
a tulpa is a substitute /x/ and /mlp/ use for a gf
>>
>>16924833
It's when you drive yourself insane, literally insane, to a point where you cannot distinguish what is real or just your imagination. It's a road to madness, and one to avoid if you value your sanity.

It's not some spell to create a fuckbuddy.
>>
>>16928808
this
I'm afraid to attempt any of this shit cuz demons
>>
>>16927869
no you're just a full of shit retard.
>>
>>16928808
>>16929532
i accidently turned tomoko's subwill into a demon and then had her accepted into the will of gods divine grace because it was fucking up my work.
whoops.
>>
>>16929836
read: if you are convinced that you have a demon in your head, that is a demon. you will only be able to think you have a demon in your head if you actually do.
pray to jesus, it goes away pretty quick as long as you believe it can.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.