[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help. somebody please help. someone please help. Something's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Help. somebody please help. someone please help.

Something's wrong.

none of my computers are working or acting right. I had three computers fry on me today at the same time. Two were not plugged in.

I had my main laptop plugged in and the harddrive failed. no biggie. It happens sometimes.

I start up my backup and it just wont turn on.
I hook up my other backup computer which was under a pile of stuff. It runs pretty good. that's what I'm using right now. Though, the wireless card doesnt work, the power cord didnt work, and the usb and card reader wont work. EVERYTHING WORKED FINE PREVIOUSLY.

I noticed at about the same time as my laptop stopped working, my router restarted. I was home. I didnt see a power outage or surge. everything else seems to be alright.

I go to my pile of laptops I've been repairing. None of the ones I had previously working a few days prior work. NOTHING.

I finally get backup pc #1 working. No wireless card works. The touchpad works for about 5 seconds and goes funky and now refuses to work.

I'm trying desperately to transfer my information to an external drive from my main computer but the harddrive keeps having bad sectors.

after I booted up spare laptop #1, and the mouse stopped working, the mouse on spare laptop #2 does the exact same thing. exact same movements. exact same symptoms.

THESE ARE TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT COMPUTERS! ONE IS XP ONE IS VISTA

I'M FREAKING OUT HERE. ALL THESE COMPUTERS WERE WORKING FINE A FEW DAYS AGO. THEY'VE BEEN WORKING FINE FOR YEARS.

WHAT IS GOING ON? IS IT AN EMP? ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES? WHAT IS IT???

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
>>
I need to add, the touchpad/mouse started acting funky at the same time as the other computer. even though they were no way connected to each other. they were just sitting next to each other. literally moments before, the other laptop was completely fine. Now I have to use an external mouse. I dont know what to do. I need a laptop in order to do my work.. and I have a large number of them due to me fixing them as a side business.. but now they'e all broken. at the same time. I dont know what to do.
>>
>XP
>Vista
I am an IT professional and really old PCs abruptly failing is definitely not paranormal
>>
>>16845303

I do IT as well.
I've NEVER had an entire room of laptops fail on me at the same time. Something's wrong. The only one that was plugged in when it happened had a harddrive failure, and that was a brand new windows 10 pc that was less than a year old.
>>
>>16845313
Close the microwave door when you heat up your pizza
>>
>>16845319
Ghosts are in the pizza
>>
>>16845319
I read static electricity can mess up a computer touchpad. None of my touchpads work right now. I'll boot up another laptop to test my theory.
>>
/x/ is suddenly a computer help center board

4chan is dead
>>
>>16845340

if my computer is haunted, where else do I go to besides x?
>>
>>16845334

Windows 7 HP laptop's touchpad does not work anymore.

I have two other machines I can test. There's no point though. Why is this even happening.
>>
>>16845348
windows 7 laptop's internal wireless card isnt responsive. USB ports on one side dont work either.

what the fuck is happening
>>
>>16845342
>haunted
>apparently its haunted because it shuts itself off and wont turn on

fucking autist
>>
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>16845342
>haunted
Yeah,I mean you have Vista installed
>>
OP here. contacted my ISP. ISP said it was a confirmed EMP due to a transformer blowing.

ISP came out and did something.. I'm not sure what they did, but everything seems to be working okay now.
>>
>>16847927
EMP's don't work like that, you don't get massive HDD failures and then everything works, EMP's depending on the power fry the circuitry. think of it as water balloons, they pull the energy towards the sides until pop.
>>
>>16847944
basically, i am calling Op out, he's a liar.
>>
>>16845272
screenshots.

take pic with phone. take video with phone. upload. simple.

oh, and stop role=playing you fucking tit
>>
File: neo-the-matrix-18669627-1600-900.jpg (209KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
neo-the-matrix-18669627-1600-900.jpg
209KB, 1600x900px
>>16845272
you just found a glitch in the matrix, expect some agents showing up in your door in no time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.