[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope this can be accepted on the board, because personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

File: fear.jpg (36KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
36KB, 300x338px
I hope this can be accepted on the board, because personally I fucking hate /pol/, and I know it's more appropriate to put it there. Aside from that, I'll ask a question. Are we fucked? I've just come to the realization that powerful and rich people are getting what they want and we're not doing anything about it.

Global warming continues and we aren't being informed about it. Hollywood is changing the masses perspective and making them think what they want. The rich are staying rich and getting more rich, while more and more people are loosing money and being sent to the streets or forced to live in extremely bad living conditions. The government regulates food that poisons us and prevents or brains from functioning properly and healthy food is not being promoted. Or doctors are being bought by medicinal corporations. Our surgeons are most likely psychopaths. Age old political and economical systems aren't being changed or modified. Governmental and Social secrets are being kept from public. They want people to hate other people. They want people to hate feminists and feminists to hate people, they want people to hate Muslims and Muslims to hate people, they want white people hate colored people and colored people to hate white people, because ultimately this separates us and it would be a threat if we were together. They want people to have more electronic devises so people can be accessed and manipulated, much more efficiently.

It seems that a lot of people believe these kind of notations are too far fetched to try and prevent, so people avoid doing something about it, completely. So I am pondering the question, are we fucked? Seriously though. It seems like their is no possible way to prevent the complete takeover of our society, unless we all do something about it. Do you think we can do anything, because I'm all ears. Honestly I have lost all hope in human society.
>>
Is it worth saving? This question is coming not from a disillusioned youth, I'm a 43 year old father of 2 and wonder the same questions. Perhaps a reboot is in order.
>>
File: 1428969474463.png (396KB, 380x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1428969474463.png
396KB, 380x1139px
>>16055665
>Are we fucked?
most definitely
YES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBu9YsEAth4
>>
>>16055694
I think that was just an analogy and you're just cherry picking in order to justify your paranoia.
>>
>>16055694
What political campaign funded this post?
>>
>>16055665
It doesn't matter whether or not we're fucked to hell and back.

What matters is whether you're happy in life. Don't spend time fretting over this shit, spend it with your family and friends. Get a dog, be content, and don't fret about things you can't do jack shit to change. In a hundred years none of this will matter anyway.
>>
>>16055772
It will certainly matter then if nothing changes now.
>>
>>16055665
A viral grassroots change like integration of cheaper more rewarding living then they can offer through they're means maybe. Has to have something for everyone. Towns outside of cities, ecovillages, where food is grown naturally with permaculture, possibly food forests. Community built structures, solar panels, wood gassifiers powering generators, community internet, windmills, community events, community gardens, useful plants used instead of chemicals. It would take some investment and willing participants but it'd be worthwhile. A few people can buy land and invite others or sell plots at a neutral price. Low income, medium income, high income communities all planned accordingly and once all the initial resource investment is there it will only take people. Disillusioned young people see it and want to join. People who have lost faith in humanity gain some back. One sees and starts another. Work towards an alternative.
>>
>>16055665
Nigga we gon die, enjoy our final century.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 571x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 571x571px
I wonder this myself. I'm not /pol/-tier by any means, but people still think I'm a bigot for not being completely on board with fat acceptance/feminism/religious tolerance/what have you. I'm sick of “social justice” and all that shit. It seems that people are too busy playing on their fucking iPhones and instagrams and whatever else it is they're doing, sharing (sourceless) posts on Facebook that perpetuate their worldview while pretending to be independent thinkers, and going on inane, self-righteous rants about whatever bullshit they support. We're all pawns.
>>
>>16055665
>Do you think we can do anything, because I'm all ears.
>Honestly I have lost all hope in humanity.

pick one. If you're looking for answers, you haven't lost hope.

that said, short of an education reform (at least in U.S.) and out of that at least MINOR political reform (relatively speaking) are the minimum requirements in my mind. Of course there's plenty more but I'm not feeling like making five wall-of-text posts right now (which is an example of the quality of control we're placed under)

We need full on social revolution, but how does that happen? Well, Arab Spring is an example. Thinking back to Civil Rights movement, things like Sit Ins and Bus Rides (obviously of a different sort for our different age, but same idea) could be pursued.

We have the internet and all this technology. Instead of working for it, we can make it work for us. We can network ourselves into a fine mesh to sift through all the bullshit, instead of sharing the news article of the day about Corporation X doing Shit Thing (which is still a good thing to do, get the word out) we should engage in a thoughtful, unbiased discussion about our common goals and problems. It's not Us VS Them, it's Us.

Speaking of technology and education reform, we need to teach coding in schools. We need a technologically literate population. Just as we need a socially literate, scientifically literate, politically literate population. It really comes back to education for me, and community.
>>
This isn't anything new man. Every society in history has had some type of ruling class while the majority are powerless. The only difference now is that the advance of technology and socialization has provided people with new ways taking advantage of one another. We have always been a greedy and cruel race. Think of pre-revolution France, the bourgeoisie pretty much had control over everything. At some point there is a breaking point in which people no longer allow themselves to be oppressed any further. I think once people living in first-world societies learn how subdued we've become, we will fight against it. We haven't quite reached a point of total oppression though, its still something hidden and unacknowledged. It could get better or worse in the coming years, but something will change eventually.
>>
>>16055899
Get to know your neighbors, participate in community gardens, cut out as much consumerism from you life that you can. The more solidarity we show, the more power we have. Learn and practice a meaningful skill, carpentry, plumbing, sewing, something with your hands. If you're not good with your hands, find a way to serve as a thinker. Organize meetings between people who have the skills to help each other out. Start a community organization that exists to unite other organizations. Say in your city one group of people live in some run down apartments, but you've got some friends who do some contractor work. Introduce the two. Maybe the people who live in the run down apartments cook fucking amazing food and would love to serve it to the people who help them fix their place up.

Look into the idea of anarcho syndicalism, in it's purest form it'll be a horizontal power structure, with no money and a gift economy. Everyone works for the benefit of the whole.

We preach "survival of the fittest" and use it as justification to herald those who make tons of money and give nothing back because surely they must be better than us in some way. What we forget is "survival of the fittest" can refer to community and collectivism as well.

Things fucking suck, that much is true. But until we're all dead and gone (or wishing we were) we should keep at it.

We're not complacent beings, we strive for the "better." Let's show ourselves what we're made of.
>>
mmm the taste of imminent death.
>>
>>16055688
Exactly. We need to essentially take the situation as it currently is and completely put it in the trash and start fresh.
I have very little hope that this will happen in my lifetime. I know of some leftist folks my age (20s) who say shit like "when the rev comes blah blah" (revolution), but tbh I just...it seems overly optimistic, I basically have no faith that we, the fucking ants down below, could actually as you say "reboot" society to make it something better, worthwhile, and livable.

>>16055868
>Low income, medium income, high income communities all planned accordingly
Your plan is unideal in this way because it still keeps the classes intact. Ideally, there would be no lower, middle, upper classes in a society to live in. There would simply be one unified group of people who all had the means to live rather than having to work to survive.

>>16055913
>its still something hidden and unacknowledged.
To most people, sure. Some are conscious or and acknowledge it, like us here talking, so...yeah. It will take more people.
>At some point there is a breaking point in which people no longer allow themselves to be oppressed any further.
>It could get better or worse in the coming years, but something will change eventually.
I sure hope you're right.

>>16055899
>>16055921
I feel u
>>
File: laughingknight.jpg (60KB, 388x532px) Image search: [Google]
laughingknight.jpg
60KB, 388x532px
>>16055665
Don't worry. Humanity has been in this situation from the time we had writing. As soon as we settled down and started farming for sustenance our societal structure has evolved into a class based system. Even in areas where the peasant has a high amount of self determination and resources, they are still peasants, and always will be. It has been this way for thousands of years. In a lot of ways, life is getting better, not worse. But freedom is a recent illusion. You are not free, and neither am I. Even the ruling class is not free, they are bound by the situation they have created, and must struggle and scrape to maintain their position. They are afraid of the peasantry.
>>
>>16056013
K bro, so do you think we'll have a shot at putting an end to the class system?
>>
God it's so long but if people are vibing with this thread make sure you read The People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn.
>>
>>16056061
What's your opinion on the book/what do you think of it? I'm curious now.
>>
>>16056061
my nigga

while you're at it, watch Manufacturing Consent

fuck it, here's the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQhEBCWMe44
>>
File: salty.jpg (32KB, 597x662px) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
32KB, 597x662px
>tl;dr curse curse curse sad curse angry curse
>>
>>16056079
lmfao
>>
Smh people already trying to derail and shitpost nonsensically in an actually intelligent thread
>>
File: 1415388860450.jpg (11KB, 219x200px) Image search: [Google]
1415388860450.jpg
11KB, 219x200px
>>16056106
>using "smh" and "intelligent" in the same comment
>>
File: allaboutvolcanos.png (88KB, 501x500px) Image search: [Google]
allaboutvolcanos.png
88KB, 501x500px
>>16055665
Simpler of putting that would just be division of the masses. And it is of course to keep them humanity from working together against the common enemy. But yeah, /pol/ is a great example of this.
>>
>>16056117
>http://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm
>see forum sliding

Blatant as hell. as soon as something smart gets posted, bam, shitposters appearing to take away from the discussion.

Basically, ignore and delete comments like those.

>>16056076
Will do, d/ling it now.

Still interested in the opinions on that book btw.
>>
Don't worry the problem already has a solution, it's called The Venus Project, now all you have to do is sit back and relax until society fix itself.
>>
>>16056136
that book is awesome. read it my freshman semester in a class called Freedom and Social Control. It's been a while and I wanna go back to it, but it essentially tells U.S. history from the "other side" so to speak. Really good.
>>
>>16055665
We need Dr Manhattan to kill millions and unite humankind
>>
>>16056106
>>16056136
Only retards on twitter and shit say "smh" that was not a shit post.
>>
>>16056164
Nice. I'll try to pick up a copy or a pdf or so on.
Do you have any other recs for books?

>>16056154
The Venus Project? tf?

>>16056182
People abbreviate things sometimes online and have since the internet began. Lol, tbh, smh, wtf, idk, you name it. Doesn't necessarily make them less smart, it's a matter of convenience to type less. No one cares. chill out.
>>
>>16056198
No, the very essense of "smh" makes you instantly seem like a complete idiot
>>
>>16056198
>using twitter/instagram acronyms on 4chan
#smh
>>
There are lions and antelopes.
A lion didn't choose to be a lion and an antelope didn't choose it either.

Yes, the world is unfair, but it was unfair from the very start, and the unfairness is so deep and rooted to the core, that you can't even do anything anymore.

Just accept the fact that you are an antelope and adopt to whatever shitty/unfair situation you are presented with...
>>
>>16056198
it's a science fiction book, but 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson. No aliens or interstellar travel, it's humanity, 300 years later. Really quite good, and it's hard to describe it and do it justice without giving too much away. Basically we've got humans on Mercury, Venus, Mars, and some moons of Saturn and Jupiter, as well as asteroid colonies. Still dealing with a lot of the same problems that we're dealing with in our lives, but it also presents some interesting ideas in terms of solutions to a lot of them as well

actually, most of Kim Stanley Robinson's books are great, the Mars Trilogy and The Years of Rice and Salt are standouts for sure.

Also look into Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke. Easily my favorite science fiction and likely also in my top 5 books period. Not going to give anything away about it, it gets you into it really quickly.

Almost anything by Noam Chomsky is worth reading, too (or watching, interviews abound. If you like Manufacturing Consent, get into him more. You won't regret it) Dude's got a lot to say about a variety of things. Probably the closest we've got to a modern polymath.
>>
File: 268801945.jpg (157KB, 479x632px) Image search: [Google]
268801945.jpg
157KB, 479x632px
>>16055665
>Global warming

You mean natural Earth cycles. Global warming is a new age word for what's been going on for thousands of years, before the industrial age or even the stone age.
>>
>>16056264
oh yeah also "The Corporation" both the book and the documentary it inspired.
>>
File: bana.gif (9KB, 151x278px) Image search: [Google]
bana.gif
9KB, 151x278px
>>16056182
Anon what's the matter? Do you want to talk about where all this anger is coming from, well other than from me you silly goose :3.teehee
>mfw thinking about you raging
>>
>>16056034
Doubtful. We need it to survive as a species.
>>
>>16056325
What makes you think so?
>>
File: 41-old-wooden-board.jpg (170KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
41-old-wooden-board.jpg
170KB, 690x460px
>>16055665

hello op

there is a way out of the mess that has been produced by our ancestors

we have before us an opportunity of sorts

now that the obstructions can be clearly seen they can be avoided

what has been arranged for humanity is a condition of dependency ..and at our own discretion we can, with applied effort, escape it

there are few who are qualified

did you know.. that remote viewing was an operation of the courts in ancient 'egyptian' times
having the ability to apply the operations of your consciousness is a requirement in this matter of advancement; it is a simple thing to train for and to test
i compare it to a large crowd of people (who are not able to see) encountering a small number of people who 'claim' to be able to 'see'; those who can see recognize the truth of perception ..those who can not might love to hear their own voice and opinion but neither have anything of value to contribute. their only true contribution would be to sit down and shut up and realize that something is happening beyond their range of perception ..but those with big egos can not calm their heart in the face of such news, the very idea that they may be wrong is taken as offence

in light of perception much is accessible
and yet before delving off into knowable truths i must again reiterate that the truth will be countered by those who are blind to it

those are who i personally would seek to abandon as i call together an isolationistic society

the notion of becoming isolationistic is not as negative as popular media may have conditioned large groups to beleive; it is the method being used by the elite as they go down a path that seems to be in line with the creation of an Eloi/Moorlock dichotomy

with great knowledge comes great power.. comes great responsibility
>>
File: rdT4DgN.jpg (53KB, 611x616px) Image search: [Google]
rdT4DgN.jpg
53KB, 611x616px
>>16056136
>smart
Present yourself to a professor, theologian, politician, law enforcement officer or employer with "is this all fucked?" And they'll say "yes" and close the door on your face.
Learn how to control your idiocy. Don't let it take control of your mouth. The only ones who are okay with profanity are losers who will only keep you suppressed with their presence.

You want to know how to change your situation locally and beyond? Conduct yourself honestly, tactfully and kindly with others, even if you don't like them.
Abbreviate your thoughts. Remove the chaff, remove the bran. Give them only the grain and do it with respect and you'll move mountains. Not only that, but the economy of thought will soothe you.

Nobody trusts a child's words. Deal with it.

>forum slide
Lol free bump. +1 to image count though.
>>
>>16055665
I don't care if you hate /pol/, this pessimistic whiny crap doesn't belong on /x/, period. Take it to some other board, like /r9k/
>>
>>16055868

Sign me up
>>
>>16056457
this.

/x/ already has a bunch of shit, now we have some futnuck that posts this garbage that's no where near related to spoogy or paranormal.
>>
>>16055665
Any effort you use to solve those problems perpetuates them.
People don't avoid doing something about it, they secretly like the things the way they are.

You are exactly like them. What are you feeling is very natural. They fear you too.

Don't worry the battle will go on, only to stop the day the moon shifts its trajectory.
>>
>>16055772
I think the same from time to time, but I also think that maybe if it weren't for that particular thought process, we could do jack shit. Our problem is not that we can't do it, we're just too comfortable to do it. We enjoy the internet and baseball and all other pleasures that our society can provide us that we may not want to fight back for risk of loosing these things.
>>
>>16055897
I feel this, but you can also say you're ranting. So we're damn ed if we do, and dammed if we don't
>>
>>16055899
You sound a lot like my grandfather. You're quite a wise person with much to say, I just wish more people would listen.
>>
>>16056106
>>16056117
>>16056198
>>16056214
>>16056213
>>16056290
Stop bickering, this thread is actually quality. Posts like this ruin threads and waste everyone's time.
>>
>>16055868
>then they can offer through they're
Ow.
>>
I can't stand this in silence. Many things have been proposed in this thread, but behind those words the only thing I see is swagger. Everybody has a solution, with implicit self congratulatory subtext, but nobody cares to look a the problem.

The worst thing is that the solutions are always the same, the fear of something diffuse its still there, assumptions running rampant. Nobody is honest.

The only anon how seems to understand it is this one >>16056795
>>
>>16055899
>arab spring

They traded order, peace for some, prosecution for others and got terror, war, and death.

If we are going for social revolution, it better be nothing like the arab spring, or else I'm full on supporting the system we got now.

No one can blame the world or the government for personal failure. Step up and make your life as you want it. If you live in a western country, you have every opportunity to do so.
>>
>>16056034
why should we?
>>
>>16056866
What's eating at you, anon? :^(
>>
>>16056266
>natural earth cycles
and what happened to many species when the climate has shifted? Doesn't work out so well. Maybe we have a chance to control it, rather than let it wipe us out in order for it to be "natural"
>>
>>16055665
would fuck in the ass
>>
>>16055665
Rampant corruption has been a problem for as long as organized governments have been around. The thing that terrifies me is that we're moving into an era in which the biggest weaknesses of a corrupt ruling class are shrinking. In the past, high corruption was met with frequent revolts, officials lacked any real ability to control regular people outside of physical force, and weak governments were subject to outside invasions that drastically overturned things for the rich and powerful.

Now we're seeing the effects of a world in which wars of conquest are "not allowed" so to speak, because every regional conflict gets pushed to the world stage and the major players get involved. There are no unexpected regime changes. Rich and powerful people all over the world have connections to each other. Political protest is decidedly less violent in the west, and is turning into a joke because of negative stereotypes of the people who do protest. It hardly needs to be said that the media we consume is completely toxic and, even if by accident, creating apathy as long as shallow materialistic comfort is available. Babby's first "oh shit" moment thinking about what this means is ultimately meaningless because regardless of what you want to do about it, you won't.
>>
File: 1422380785604.jpg (76KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
1422380785604.jpg
76KB, 640x473px
>>16056402

imagine for a moment what a sufficiently advanced being would do if it found itself stranded here on the third planet of this solar system; the 'common knowledge' in its casual memory would set it significantly ahead of its biological peers on this world.

the advantages would not necessarily be unmistakeably recognizable as an advancement over the prevailing madness; it is just as likely that it would appear to be madness in and of itself

society as it has been arranged keeps the captive populace constantly distracted. there are few who have leisure and inclination, aptitude and opportunity to access and recognize truth in knowledge and informational data

the notion of 'seek and ye shall find' is valid

there is also the taoist concept of being truly complete and letting the universal procession come to you in its own time

if the narrative is under conspicuous control then we may distance ourselves and watch the theme

in light of the events of the second world war ..i have always promised myself.. that if the conditions arrive that lead mindless millions to their destruction.. that i would at least see it coming
they are so much more sophisticated now
the population reduction can be done openly with the narrative providing virtual blinders to the mindless livestock
they prune and divide at their leisure

look to the royals
do you think they eat the same foods available in public markets?
the canary falls silent and the distracted do not notice
those who are fortunate will see long long life
it is worth the effort to endure and to persist in establishing a narrative beyond the scope of the ominous controls

the most effective path out of the control of the elite is to be as they are
by their knowledge, their influence and their property they are isolated from those they control
>>
File: SeventhDay.jpg (315KB, 2592x1640px) Image search: [Google]
SeventhDay.jpg
315KB, 2592x1640px
>>16055665
I think it's impossible to say.

Imagine the reactions you'd get going back to the height of WW1, WW2 or the Cold War and telling everyone that within a generation everything will be back to normal. Telling them that in less than a Century people will be sitting in their safe, cozy living rooms on pocket sized computers eating themselves to death and just all around being the most privileged and well off human beings in all of history. That things won't just go back to normal, but will actually get better.

Regardless of all the shit you said, the entire world is better off than it has ever been. Not in spite of the things you said, but maybe because of it. We're fucking pioneers here folks. We've still got to figure out what is good and what is bad. There are going to be roadbumps and shit. We're like babies learning to walk. We're still falling over here and there and bumping in to shit. Greedy corporations are the dogs that steal the food off your plate. Global warming is that gnarly rash building in your dirty diaper.

Don't be such a goddamn pessimist. Be a realist. Shit might get better or it might get worse. Or worse and then better, or better and then worse. Who the fuck knows.
>>
Kek stopped reading after global warming
>>
>>16055997
Classes aren't ideal because some people take advantage of others for their own benefit. Though poorly communicated in my previous post the point is that anyone in the 1st world can already become part of one of these communities or start one no matter income level if they have the determination and create the means to have enough electricity, water, shelter within reason.

>>16056638
Theres a website full of communities like this across the world. Some are shit some seem like the real deal. You could realistically join one and maybe some day start one of your own.

gen.ecovillage (doot) Irg/en/projects/34/all
Ic (doot) org/directory/ecovillages/

>>16056875
What I mean is people who will work or already have worked to be much more self sufficient and thus free can or do offer the means for other people to become a part of it. To have less of a negative impact on earth, be a part of an actual community, do varied work, not be wage slaves for a place to live, water, and electricity.
>>
File: HCl.jpg (31KB, 168x299px) Image search: [Google]
HCl.jpg
31KB, 168x299px
>>16055694

Lennin
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot
Ho Chi Minh

Hillary will make sure her name is remembered.
>>
>>16056912
was speaking more towards their organization through social media than the outcome of the situation. social media has a lot of power, but it's typically used for stupid shit
>>
>hardcore disinfo going on here

Yes goy, in order to smash the oppressors you must mix! Multiculturalism is good and peaceful!
>>
>>16055665
You realize the phenomena you described is how society has always been, right? The rich have always been getting richer. The masses always follow what the media says is right and wrong. People have always hated each other. This process is society's natural selection.
>>
>>16055665
They want
They want
They want
They is Us. We are They. The state of the world reflects the state of humanity. Government is corrupt because people are corrupt. Groups of people hate other groups of people because that's what groups of people do. So... yes, we're fucked... but no more fucked than we've always been.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.