[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the Russian Sleep Experiment possibly be real? Even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 7.jpg (6KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
6KB, 184x274px
Could the Russian Sleep Experiment possibly be real?

Even though the Nazis are famous for their cruelty, few people realise Stalin's regime was even more horrific. I believe it to be plausible because it happened after WW2, thus prisoners of war would have been an obvious choice for experiments.

Russians have outdone everyone in these punishments and stuff. Even Stalin was a punisher! They're fierce.
I think this must be true and there's no need for the social media and other critics blow this thing out of limits. Many kinds of tortures are known since the human civilisation. This is just one of 'em!
>>
i think there must be some truth to this story. it sounds quite plausible.
>>
there aren't really any drugs that'll do shit like described in the story, fanciful is a fair description..

There are lots of mysterious drugs out there but there really isn't anything that can't be compared to common recreational drugs. Some of the new stimulants are pretty fucked up shit apparently, 'bath salts' or now 'flakka', but beyond shadow people that isn't really /x/
>>
There are probably some pretty wild drugs the government is holding on to for a later epidemic...
>>
>>16048151
I'm pretty sure keeping people awake on stimulants in a contained room for a week could maybe certianly end up in violent encounters. Would a stimulant be airborn? I suppose it could be in that sort of situation. Actually the more I think about it the more it's possible. Even old friends of mine that have had... plenty of meth struggle from serious detachment from reality and one in particulate thinks he sees demons and shit- he's convinced that he is the anti christ .

So to answer you question, I think it's very very possible though the story may be made more violent or extreme for the sake of the story.

The part where a pt is asking for more MORE MORE and asking to be put back on the gas sounds like the reality that is a physical addiction to drugs.

Cool dude, sounds possible to me now that I think about it
>>
>>16048125
No, you fool. It's a terrible crappypasta.

>>16048145
Not even close.
>>
>>16048199
obviously its a creepypasta, i think OP was asking if there's anything to it beyond that. i'm curious too. this was my fave on the site
>>
>>16048192
>I think it's very very possible though the story may be made more violent or extreme for the sake of the story.
>>16048215
>i think OP was asking if there's anything to it beyond that.

agreed and agreed
>>
File: 1428973950195.png (48KB, 550x524px) Image search: [Google]
1428973950195.png
48KB, 550x524px
Wasn't this stuff used in some soviet football league? I know that sounds made up, but I read it somewhere. I'll post link if i can find it
>>
>>16048199
Prove it. Do you have anything but your childish need to be correct and since its controversial you just say no and you're right? FFS go fuck yourself.
You're on \x\, at least enjoy the ride.
>>
File: Dubs_4e760b_1975265.jpg (60KB, 430x539px) Image search: [Google]
Dubs_4e760b_1975265.jpg
60KB, 430x539px
>>16048299
EXACTLY. DUBS MAKE IT TRUE
>>
>>16048315
Props for the props
>>
>>16048125
The Japanese were definitely the most brutal when it came to torture during that time. Look up unit 731.
>>
>>16048284
Explain please.
>>
>>16048354
Sorry I should have added that this is my opinion. I'm open to examples of why I could be wrong. From what I've read though I'd much rather be gassed then go through a vivisection.
>>
Is there any evidence of sleep experiments like that? Maybe not in Russia, but perhaps in other parts of the world?
>>
>>16048372
I'd have to agree with you on that example.

>>16048374
I second that
>>
>>16048125

Actually, I think the Japs were the worst. Do some research on Unit 731. The Jap .gov recently admitted they carved up American POWs while they were alive.

There is also a story floating around about a chick journalist who was researching Jap atrocities in China during WWII and Unit 731. The stuff she found drove her insane and she eventually killed herself.

I read about the sleep experiment and while it sounds possible, I haven't found any evidence on it. Snopes also said it's an urban legend, but who knows...maybe some docs will turn up in a few years that shows worse shit than that going on in the post war Soviet Union.
>>
we had a unit 731 thread last night and this is the real creepy shit
are there any other stories about this kind of fucked up stuff?
i dont think the russian sleep experiments can possibly be real anyway
>>
Hey, reposting for reference:

>Russian researchers in the late 1940s kept five people awake for fifteen days using an experimental gas based stimulant. They were kept in a sealed environment to carefully monitor their oxygen intake so the gas didn't kill them, since it was toxic in high concentrations. This was before closed circuit cameras so they had only microphones and 5 inch thick glass porthole sized windows into the chamber to monitor them. The chamber was stocked with books, cots to sleep on but no bedding, running water and toilet, and enough dried food to last all five for over a month.

The test subjects were political prisoners deemed enemies of the state during World War II.

Everything was fine for the first five days; the subjects hardly complained having been promised (falsely) that they would be freed if they submitted to the test and did not sleep for 30 days. Their conversations and activities were monitored and it was noted that they continued to talk about increasingly traumatic incidents in their past, and the general tone of their conversations took on a darker aspect after the 4 day mark.
>>
>After five days they started to complain about the circumstances and events that lead them to where they were and started to demonstrate severe paranoia. They stopped talking to each other and began alternately whispering to the microphones and one way mirrored portholes. Oddly they all seemed to think they could win the trust of the experimenters by turning over their comrades, the other subjects in captivity with them. At first the researchers suspected this was an effect of the gas itself...

>After nine days the first of them started screaming. He ran the length of the chamber repeatedly yelling at the top of his lungs for 3 hours straight, he continued attempting to scream but was only able to produce occasional squeaks. The researchers postulated that he had physically torn his vocal cords. The most surprising thing about this behavior is how the other captives reacted to it... or rather didn't react to it. They continued whispering to the microphones until the second of the captives started to scream. The 2 non-screaming captives took the books apart, smeared page after page with their own feces and pasted them calmly over the glass portholes. The screaming promptly stopped.
>>
>So did the whispering to the microphones.

>After 3 more days passed. The researchers checked the microphones hourly to make sure they were working, since they thought it impossible that no sound could be coming with 5 people inside. The oxygen consumption in the chamber indicated that all 5 must still be alive. In fact it was the amount of oxygen 5 people would consume at a very heavy level of strenuous exercise. On the morning of the 14th day the researchers did something they said they would not do to get a reaction from the captives, they used the intercom inside the chamber, hoping to provoke any response from the captives they were afraid were either dead or vegetables.

>They announced: "We are opening the chamber to test the microphones; step away from the door and lie flat on the floor or you will be shot. Compliance will earn one of you your immediate freedom."

>To their surprise they heard a single phrase in a calm voice response: "We no longer want to be freed."
>>
>>16048383
Yeah they were pretty brutal. Most of what I've read includes infecting people with various viruses and then taking the survivors and putting them through a vivisection to see why they survived. Also some stuff about injecting people with animal urine and trying to use animal limbs as prosthetics after cutting off the limbs to be replaced. Also they used no form of anesthesia or digital block during their operations.
>>
>Debate broke out among the researchers and the military forces funding the research. Unable to provoke any more response using the intercom it was finally decided to open the chamber at midnight on the fifteenth day.

>The chamber was flushed of the stimulant gas and filled with fresh air and immediately voices from the microphones began to object. 3 different voices began begging, as if pleading for the life of loved ones to turn the gas back on. The chamber was opened and soldiers sent in to retrieve the test subjects. They began to scream louder than ever, and so did the soldiers when they saw what was inside. Four of the five subjects were still alive, although no one could rightly call the state that any of them in 'life.'

>The food rations past day 5 had not been so much as touched. There were chunks of meat from the dead test subject's thighs and chest stuffed into the drain in the center of the chamber, blocking the drain and allowing 4 inches of water to accumulate on the floor. Precisely how much of the water on the floor was actually blood was never determined. All four 'surviving' test subjects also had large portions of muscle and skin torn away from their bodies. The destruction of flesh and exposed bone on their finger tips indicated that the wounds were inflicted by hand, not with teeth as the researchers initially thought. Closer examination of the position and angles of the wounds indicated that most if not all of them were self-inflicted.
>>
>The abdominal organs below the ribcage of all four test subjects had been removed. While the heart, lungs and diaphragm remained in place, the skin and most of the muscles attached to the ribs had been ripped off, exposing the lungs through the ribcage. All the blood vessels and organs remained intact, they had just been taken out and laid on the floor, fanning out around the eviscerated but still living bodies of the subjects. The digestive tract of all four could be seen to be working, digesting food. It quickly became apparent that what they were digesting was their own flesh that they had ripped off and eaten over the course of days.

>Most of the soldiers were Russian special operatives at the facility, but still many refused to return to the chamber to remove the test subjects. They continued to scream to be left in the chamber and alternately begged and demanded that the gas be turned back on, lest they fall asleep...

>To everyone's surprise the test subjects put up a fierce fight in the process of being removed from the chamber. One of the Russian soldiers died from having his throat ripped out, another was gravely injured by having his testicles ripped off and an artery in his leg severed by one of the subject's teeth. Another 5 of the soldiers lost their lives if you count ones that committed suicide in the weeks following the incident.
>>
>In the struggle one of the four living subjects had his spleen ruptured and he bled out almost immediately. The medical researchers attempted to sedate him but this proved impossible. He was injected with more than ten times the human dose of a morphine derivative and still fought like a cornered animal, breaking the ribs and arm of one doctor. When heart was seen to beat for a full two minutes after he had bled out to the point there was more air in his vascular system than blood. Even after it stopped he continued to scream and flail for another 3 minutes, struggling to attack anyone in reach and just repeating the word "MORE" over and over, weaker and weaker, until he finally fell silent.

>The surviving three test subjects were heavily restrained and moved to a medical facility, the two with intact vocal cords continuously begging for the gas demanding to be kept awake...

>The most injured of the three was taken to the only surgical operating room that the facility had. In the process of preparing the subject to have his organs placed back within his body it was found that he was effectively immune to the sedative they had given him to prepare him for the surgery. He fought furiously against his restraints when the anesthetic gas was brought out to put him under. He managed to tear most of the way through a 4 inch wide leather strap on one wrist, even through the weight of a 200 pound soldier holding that wrist as well. It took only a little more anesthetic than normal to put him under, and the instant his eyelids fluttered and closed, his heart stopped. In the autopsy of the test subject that died on the operating table it was found that his blood had triple the normal level of oxygen. His muscles that were still attached to his skeleton were badly torn and he had broken 9 bones in his struggle to not be subdued. Most of them were from the force his own muscles had exerted on them.
>>
>>16048400
There are a few books out that I've skimmed through but I'm still looking for the meaty stuff. But this is most of what I've found so far.
See >>>16048383

I do consider my self a believer of supernatural but I am far more afraid of what humans are capable of doing to each other.
>>
>The second survivor had been the first of the group of five to start screaming. His vocal cords destroyed he was unable to beg or object to surgery, and he only reacted by shaking his head violently in disapproval when the anesthetic gas was brought near him. He shook his head yes when someone suggested, reluctantly, they try the surgery without anesthetic, and did not react for the entire 6 hour procedure of replacing his abdominal organs and attempting to cover them with what remained of his skin. The surgeon presiding stated repeatedly that it should be medically possible for the patient to still be alive. One terrified nurse assisting the surgery stated that she had seen the patients mouth curl into a smile several times, whenever his eyes met hers.

>When the surgery ended the subject looked at the surgeon and began to wheeze loudly, attempting to talk while struggling. Assuming this must be something of drastic importance the surgeon had a pen and pad fetched so the patient could write his message. It was simple. "Keep cutting."

>The other two test subjects were given the same surgery, both without anesthetic as well. Although they had to be injected with a paralytic for the duration of the operation. The surgeon found it impossible to perform the operation while the patients laughed continuously. Once paralyzed the subjects could only follow the attending researchers with their eyes. The paralytic cleared their system in an abnormally short period of time and they were soon trying to escape their bonds. The moment they could speak they were again asking for the stimulant gas. The researchers tried asking why they had injured themselves, why they had ripped out their own guts and why they wanted to be given the gas again.

>Only one response was given: "I must remain awake."
>>
>All three subject's restraints were reinforced and they were placed back into the chamber awaiting determination as to what should be done with them. The researchers, facing the wrath of their military 'benefactors' for having failed the stated goals of their project considered euthanizing the surviving subjects. The commanding officer, an ex-KGB instead saw potential, and wanted to see what would happen if they were put back on the gas. The researchers strongly objected, but were overruled.

>In preparation for being sealed in the chamber again the subjects were connected to an EEG monitor and had their restraints padded for long term confinement. To everyone's surprise all three stopped struggling the moment it was let slip that they were going back on the gas. It was obvious that at this point all three were putting up a great struggle to stay awake. One of subjects that could speak was humming loudly and continuously; the mute subject was straining his legs against the leather bonds with all his might, first left, then right, then left again for something to focus on. The remaining subject was holding his head off his pillow and blinking rapidly. Having been the first to be wired for EEG most of the researchers were monitoring his brain waves in surprise. They were normal most of the time but sometimes flat lined inexplicably. It looked as if he were repeatedly suffering brain death, before returning to normal. As they focused on paper scrolling out of the brainwave monitor only one nurse saw his eyes slip shut at the same moment his head hit the pillow. His brainwaves immediately changed to that of deep sleep, then flatlined for the last time as his heart simultaneously stopped.
>>
>The only remaining subject that could speak started screaming to be sealed in now. His brainwaves showed the same flatlines as one who had just died from falling asleep. The commander gave the order to seal the chamber with both subjects inside, as well as 3 researchers. One of the named three immediately drew his gun and shot the commander point blank between the eyes, then turned the gun on the mute subject and blew his brains out as well.

>He pointed his gun at the remaining subject, still restrained to a bed as the remaining members of the medical and research team fled the room. "I won't be locked in here with these things! Not with you!" he screamed at the man strapped to the table. "WHAT ARE YOU?" he demanded. "I must know!"

>The subject smiled.

>"Have you forgotten so easily?" The subject asked. "We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread."

>The researcher paused. Then aimed at the subject's heart and fired. The EEG flatlined as the subject weakly choked out, "So... nearly... free..."
>>
File: tumblr_m7hbndPg9Y1ry0iqno1_400.jpg (30KB, 292x275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7hbndPg9Y1ry0iqno1_400.jpg
30KB, 292x275px
>>16048448
>I am far more afraid of what humans are capable of doing to each other.

Indeed. This is a lesson well known by fans of The Walking Dead.
>>
>>16048487
Shit some of the stories that come across the news are terrifying in their own right. For example the woman cutting her own 3 month old child's head off in Ohio last month. The fact that she was diagnosed with psychosis and lost her child to her aunt. Then her aunt thought it would be a good idea to let her move in three weeks later. She claimed to have been seeing demons.
>>
>>16048284
googled nikolayev gas soviet football and found this
>Joseph Stalin and Soviet football theorist Mikhail Kosimov inspecting ... involving Nikolayev gas and sleep deprivation during the late forties, ...

>>16048497
have not heard about that. holy shit. that's fucked. not to derail the thread further, but could you provide any dates or details?
>>
>>16048299
>the ride never ends
>>
>>16048535
I'll see if I can find a link for you. It was in the news.
>>
Probably not.

There's a rare genetic condition that renders the sufferer unable to sleep and they usually just trip balls for a couple months before going catatonic and dying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia
>>
>>16048535
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/18/listen-lady-the-baby-is-deceased-man-says-on-911-call-about-decapitated-infant/

This one should have the 911 call
>>
>>16048601
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3001792/Woman-accused-cutting-baby-pregnant-womans-womb.html

Here's another fucked up event. Also sorry to all for off topic discussion.
>>
>>16048625
Do you know if there's been any report on her sleep habits?
>>
>>16048656
Not that I'm aware of. I just happened across it honestly. I could continue to try to look into it. No promises on finding anything though.
>>
>>16048656
This is what I've found so far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3001792/Woman-accused-cutting-baby-pregnant-womans-womb.html
>>
>>16048422
>>16048385

Did they use vivisection as opposed to autopsy just to be cruel, or is/was the former thought to have more scientific value?
>>
>>16048779
More scientific value to see while its still alive
>>
I thought after a few days your brain starts to have "micro sleeps" and I thought it was proven that after a few more days you just die. It sounds possible but I don't think it actually is
>>
>>16048487
>life lessons from a Zombie show
Well to be fair the life lessons of a good friend of mine were from Digimon Zero Two so wisdom comes in random packages I guess.
>>
It's a fucking creepypasta. What's next, are you going to start asking about the grifter? Did slenderman command you to stab your friends?
>>
>>16048215
>obviously its a creepypasta, i think OP was asking if there's anything to it beyond that.

>>16049124
>It's a fucking creepypasta.

dude... don't dismiss something simply because there's fiction written about it is what some of us are getting at
>>
I've been doing research chems since the early 2000s and know tons of recreational and therapeutic stimulant users.

it's obviously a nice creepy story. for many people, plenty of stims will cause utter psychosis inside of a week. it's really nothing unusual. MDPV is notorious for this especially

in reality, virtually 100% of people would be suffering from complete, debilitating psychosis from drug induced extended sleep deprivation
>>
>>16048125
>>16049131
On a related note, what's the longest you've been awake?

Me, 44 and 46 hours with a 12 hour sleep in between.
>>
>>16049142
>utter psychosis

ripping yourself to shreds and eating it counts?
>>
File: 1429125764553.png (13KB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
1429125764553.png
13KB, 400x212px
>>16048535
>Joseph Stalin and Soviet football theorist Mikhail Kosimov

wait... what?
>>
>>16049144

I'm [>>16049142]. I was awake for ~100 hours after repeatedly dosing methylone last year. No ill effects, no paranoia, very little psychosis (manifested as bouts of confusion and strange behavior like putting a tub of icecream in the sink), no noticeable comedown. Prior to that, after 48 hours on A-PVP I was in a psychiatric hospital. It depends a ton on the drug. Sober the most is ~50 hours? about

>>16049149

certainly--datura induced delirium has caused as much and sleep deprivation for long periods and drugs can be just as horrible depending on the person, the time awake, the drugs etc
>>
>everytime anyone talks about russia some faggot shouts out 'russian sleep experiment!' and starts nodding like he knows what he's talking about
every goddamn time
>>
>>16048151
Your right he should have roleplayed.
>>
its creepypasta, not much else

>>16049153
most interesting part of the thread

>Not much else is known of this era, since most of the records, if they were even kept at all, were destroyed in a panic during the collapse of the USSR. Much has been said elsewhere, by others more studied than myself on the topic of Soviet Britanic football experiments. There are even unconfirmed reports of experiments involving Nikolayev gas and sleep deprivation during the late forties, as well as several other possible atrocities performed in the name of Soviet Football Theory. If you wish to learn more, there is plenty on the subject. (see: The Dark Side Of Red Football- Drugs, Demons And Touchdowns In An Atlantic Soviet Paradise)
>>
>>16048340
Props for the props for the props
>>
>>16048354
>unit 731.
Searched
>>16048372
Good correction, add +1 to "charisma"

>>16048385
>researching Jap atrocities in China during WWII and Unit 731. The stuff she found drove her insane and she eventually killed herself

Fucking awesome, though unlikely. Sounds like some kid complaining he's being bullied online when the answer is simple- turn off the xbox or mute everyone. If what you researching is fucking with you head hardcore-stop it.

>>16048421
>"We no longer want to be freed."
Can be explain as an addiction the the stimulant or enjoying being all cracked up for 5 days-people do that normally, infact I'm sure its happening somewhere right now.

>>16048412
>After nine days the first of them started screaming. He ran the length of the chamber repeatedly yelling at the top of his lungs for 3 hours straight, he continued attempting to scream but was only able to produce occasional squeaks. The researchers postulated that he had physically torn his vocal cords.

>METH

>>16048426
>3 different voices began begging, as if pleading for the life of loved ones to turn the gas back on

>METH

>>16048434
>ierce fight in the process of being removed from the chamber. One of the Russian soldiers died from having his throat ripped out, another was gravely injured by having his testicles ripped off and an artery in his leg severed by one of the subject's teeth.

>METH
>>
>>16050294
You sir, are a wizard. I agree with all of this. Might I also add that:

>"We no longer want to be freed."

sounds an awful lot like Stockholm Syndrome to me.
>>
>>16049149
Some research cems... will fucking anilate your sense of self. Search ego death, then imagine what you could do to yourself or other people when that happens. Yes it is very possible I think. Just google violent hallucinogenic deaths or meth related crimes.
>>
>>16050294
Yeah, that meth analogy sounds about right. Being locked in a room with a gaseous delivery system of methamphetamine sounds terrifying.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.