[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a legitimately scary film /x/. I'm talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: rec-1.jpg (98KB, 850x598px) Image search: [Google]
rec-1.jpg
98KB, 850x598px
Recommend me a legitimately scary film /x/.

I'm talking first time seeing this bitch levels of terror.
>>
whats that from ?
>>
>>15559859
`the Spanish found footage film "rec."
>>
>>15559857
The Grifter
>>
>>15559857
I'm not much of a movie guy have you checked the sticky some good stuff on there
>>
>>15559857
from dusk til dawn, but don't watch it alone, trust me
>>
>>15559864
What's this? I can't find it on imdb.
>>15559870
Yeah I've looked through there but i want a personal recommendation. I've also seen a lot of them already.
>>15559878
Yeah the bit where QT is sucking that woman's foot gave me nightmares. More like this.
>>
>>15559903

Your newfags showing. The Grifters some crappy creepy pasta that people pretend is a real film.

Lurk more.
>>
OP again. These are the horror films that stick in my mind that I actually remember being scared by:
Insidious
The Shining
Annabelle
Alien
REC

They just all had certain scenes which got my blood pumping, not a lot of horror films seem to do it.
>>
>>15559923
I used to go on here quite a lot when I was like 16. Then I realised that it was just full of unhelpful people repeating the same jokes over and over.

Now I'm 22. I just want to watch a good horror film, and it seems nothing has changed. I've been recommended a fake film, a comedy/action film and been told to look for myself in the sticky...
>>
>>15559878

Great movie... but not even remotely scary.. lolz
>>
>>15559964
Watch the movie Frozen.

It's a [spoiler]chilling[/spoiler] tale.
>>
>>15559988
Oh fuck you /x/ i did it right [spoiler]spoopy ghost memes[/spoiler]
>>
>>15559964
You are16. You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
lake mungo. it's very very slow and it might seem that nothing is happening at some points, but it'll make you shit bricks
>>
>>15559942
ok, if you liked insidious and annabelle, you'll like sinister, it's as bad as the other two
>>
>>15559991

>He doesn't know spoiler only works on certain boards
>>
>>15559997
not horror
>>15559857
as for recent movies, the babadook and as above so below were pretty good imo
but real hardcore shit is pretty rare in horror movies, perhaps stuff like august underground might fit your taste altough i havent seen it yet
>>
Old fag, so I'm gonna go old school. You seem to like atmospheric slow burn stuff with moments of white knuckle wtf, so I'm going to recommend

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 version)
The Changeling
Don't Look Now

for more modern fare, try
Kill List
The Crazies (really underrated, imo)
Inside
>>
>>15560004
These are the only two from the whole 'from the creators of insidious' range of films that I thought were scary. Sinister, Dark Skies and The Conjuring were all shit, but Insidious and Annabelle both made my heart race, so I consider them good. Insidious 2 was a good sequel, but not a good horror film. In fact, it wasn't a horror film, it was a thriller.

>>15559997
This looks like it could be promising.
>>15560018
I might try and watch one of these two. I'm guessing August underground is one of those films you'll remember for months afterwards like Irreversible? If so. I've only got enough mental sanity to deal with one of those per year.
>>
>>15560038
sutherland fan detected
>>
>>15560038
Yes, you got me down to a T. The key to horror is the bits between the scary bits that make the scary bits even scarier.

I've seen Don't Look Now and I think I saw that version of IotBS before, but The Changeling looks good.

And the other three I haven't seen any of, so I'm going to add them all to my list.
>>
>>15560045

August Underground is sort of the opposite of Irreversible. Both are visceral endurance tests in that they make the viewer suffer through horrible things, but while Irreversible attempts to create empathy for its characters, AU shows you how debased, ignorant, dumb, and ultimately boring most sociopaths are. There's no story, no characters, no point. Just the most disgusting and violent things its creator could depict. It's not a movie; it's the portfolio of an edgelord special effects artist.
>>
>>15560061
>>15560045
As said i havent seen it but since op was talking 'bout terror i thought i might recommend it.
As for slow burning horror my personal favorite is the others, that shit fucking terrified me when I first saw it, might be because of my rather young age back then but still a good movie with a total mindfuck ending
>>
>>15560060
I've seen the bits between your bits, they're quite [spoiler]chilling<{/spoiler}
>>
>>15560057
Sutherland rules
>>
>>15559857
>Recommend me a legitimately scary film /x/.
Ken Russell's the Devils
Men Behind The Sun
Cannibal Holocaust

you will never be the same after watching those
>>
>>15559857
Read the sticky you colossal faggot
>>
What sub-genre of horror are you typically drawn to? Paranormal shit? Gore cringefest? Psychological scares? Sci fi stories? Slashers? Found footage?
>>
Philosophy of a Knife

Gave me nightmares for a few weeks.
>>
>>15560038
hot damn the crazies was good.
I really liked beneath, too.

the descent is a great one, for creep factor
>>
>>15560061
henry portrait of a serial killer did it better, anyway. I mean showing the boring ignorance of sociopaths.
>>
>>15559857
Kill List is pretty good. I liked it, though it isn't really as much a horror movie as it is a thriller.

The Innkeepers is a little underrated.

Let the Right One In is a cross between horror and heartwarming holiday family film. I recommend it. If you want to watch it in English, Let Me In is the English remake which is actually just as good as the original.

Darknet is a pretty good TV show that is basically V/H/S in TV Show form. If you can get around the blatant misuse of computer terminology in the last episode of the season, go watch it.

Speaking of V/H/S, if you haven't seen them, close this tab and watch them. They are both on Netflix.
>>
V/H/S 1 and 2 are creepy as shit, but don't watch the third...it is so shit I couldn't beleive it.

My all time favourite is "Poughkeepsie Tapes"
Couldn't get it off from my mind...WARNING it is incredibly disturbing!
>>
>>15559857
Didn't the character need nvg's to see it?
>>
>>15560073
> The ending of The Others
Probably the biggest fuck of my mind to this day, great movie, I should rewatch it.
>>
Why not try The Babadook?
It's pretty good.
>>
>>15561368
There's a third VHS? Why was it bad?
>>
>>15559988
>it sent chills down me spine
>>
A Serbian Film.
>>
>>15561971
>down me spine
>me

Mr. Pirate go away pls
>>
>>15562041
>>15561899
Argh it's drivin me nuts
>>
>>15561981
that film disturbed me not for the violence or some disgusting trashy stuff but rather for its thematics like rape and pedophilia
>>
>>15562064
You're okay
>>
>>15559857

The Thing
Fire In The Sky
Entity
Kill List
Dark Touch
The Haunting of Helena
Darkness Falls
The Bay
The Taking of Deborah Logan
The Bay
Rigor Mortis
Absence
Ju-on
Grave Encounters (only the first one, don't touch the second)
Frankenstein's Army
Banshee Chapter
The Tunnel
VHS 1&2
Mothman Prophecies
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Event Horizon
Alien 1 & 2
Nosferatu
Shadow of the Vampire
Arachnophobia
American Werewolf in London
The Fly
Wolfen
Hellraiser 1-4
Troll Hunter
Proteus
Mimic 1-3
Leviathan
The Tall Man
Bram Stoker's Dracula
In The Dark Half
Greystone Park
The Dunwich Horror
The Shining
Creepshow
The Mist
Tremors
The Night Flier
Candyman
The Prophecy
Tales From the Hood
The Relic
The Faculty
DagonContracted
Jeepers Creepers
They
House of Voices
Altered
House of 1000 Corpses
The Devil's Rejects
Phantoms
Slither
The 4th Kind
Cabin In The Woods
Grabbers
The Pact
The Possession
Monsters
The Conspiracy
The Host
>>
File: zambambo.png (57KB, 326x535px) Image search: [Google]
zambambo.png
57KB, 326x535px
>>15562137
also attaching go to zombie list
>>
>>15562137
>Jeepers Creepers

Fuck I dunno why but that and the sequel fucking terrified me as a kid.
>>
>>15562140
Where's Diary of the Dead?
>>
The fourth kind was pretty decent.
>>
>>15561981
That movie is just disgusting, not scary, 0/10 would not watch again unless someone forced me at gunpoint
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.