[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Found Footage"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x277px
I'm looking for some good "found footage" type films on Netflix to watch tonight. Good or bad, I don't care.

Things I've seen:
- The Fourth Kind
- The Sacrament
- 388 Arletta Avenue
- The Blair Witch Project
- V/H/S

(I have watched a plethora of others but these are the ones I can remember.)
>>
File: Troll_Hunter_Poster.jpg (147KB, 755x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Troll_Hunter_Poster.jpg
147KB, 755x1065px
TROLLHUNTER

It's droll humor, but is very, very good.
>>
the poughkeepsie tapes
>>
>>15512493
Will check this one out. Thanks!

>>15512495
Seen this one on YouTube. Definitely a great movie! Forgot to add it to the list.

Anyone have anything along the lines of "The Blair Witch Project" or "Cropsey"? I'm looking for something that is sorta spoopy.
>>
REC is on Netflix, right?
>>
>>15512481
Crowsnest
>>
>>15512493
EXTREMELY underrated.
I was really surprised cause it looks low budget on the cover, but it's extremely well done.
>>
Noroi, Okaruto, and Shiromi. All by the same director, and all stellar.

Zlo looks fantastic as well, but it'll probably never get translated.
>>
>>15512481
you should check out as above so below, watched it last night, you can get it on the bay of pirates
>>
The Bay
>>
>>15512564
that movie is shit.
>>
File: chilloooooons.jpg (18KB, 270x378px) Image search: [Google]
chilloooooons.jpg
18KB, 270x378px
>>
VHS series and As Above As Below
>>
>>15512495
based.
>>
>>15512481
Noroi
>>
>>15512481
The one about chernobyl
>>
File: logano.jpg (75KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
logano.jpg
75KB, 500x667px
>>15512481
The taking of deborah logan
>>
>>15515504
yeah this is probably the best one ive seen in awhile.
>>
>>15512631
I'm probably going to watch Shiromi, I liked Noroi and Okaruto.
>>
>>15515504
I enjoyed this. It wasn't terribly scary, but it was interesting.
>>
>>15512631
Are you sure you spelt "Shiromi" correctly? I cant find any results of it.
>>
>>15514458
I second this. Can't remember what is called but this guy takes a group of people into the Chernobyl ruins and shit gets cray
>>
Shirome
>>
>>15515652
>Shirome
danke-shon

All I got with shiromi were sushi recipes.
>>
>>15515635
http://asianwiki.com/Koji_Shiraishi
probably right, "Shirome"
>>
Lake Mungo
It's incredible
>>
>>15512766
> the bay

Mah nigga. Watch this one, OP. You won't be drinking water for days
>>
>>15514458
>>15515646
Chernobyl Diaries
>>
>>15515504
god dammit i never wanted to see that again.
good ass movie though, might watch it later.
>>
>>15512481
Cloverfield could easily be the best movie in this genre.
>>
as above so below
>>
>>15512481
The Last Broadcast
Devil's Pass
>>
File: Noroi_The_Curse_1a.jpg (51KB, 342x480px) Image search: [Google]
Noroi_The_Curse_1a.jpg
51KB, 342x480px
I quite like Noroi
>>
>>15512542
sadly no only the 3rd one
>>
'Grave encounters' hands down one of the best found footage films on Netflix. 9/10
>>
>>15516192
One of my favorite movies. The first I always show someone, since most people haven't seen it. The second one is complete garbage thought.

Resolution was also really good. There have been some good found-footage films thrown into the mix of shitty, half-assed attempts.
>>
>>15515908
Noroi scared the ever living shot out of me. Kept telling my husband Kagutaba is going to come after us...

The original "Shutter" is the scariest movie I've ever seen.
>>
>>15515504
>spoiling the best spook of the movie

you faggot
>>
Not sure if it's available on Netflix, but I personally quite enjoyed Chronicle. It may not classify as "found footage" per se, but it's made in the same style (handheld camera, sometimes security cam, and so on).
>>
Megan is missing
>>
>>15515693
That's the one thanks!
Also,
Banshee chapter. Wasn't bad
>>
Skinwalker Ranch

Exists

The Borderlands
>>
>>15512495
yep
>>
Can we discuss how shit the latest installment of V/H/S was?
>>
>>15516748
What number are they on now? I thought 2 was decent, but I decided I wouldn't watch past that. It was already slipping into shit
>>
>>15516753
V/H/S: Viral

Holy shit mayne. I thought they were hitting thier stride with V/H/S 2, I really did. Four mostly solid sequences with a decent wraparound. But Viral...fucking /b/ grade shit tier film, with the only exception being the segment by Nacho Vigallando.
>>
File: long_pigs_01.jpg (49KB, 550x275px) Image search: [Google]
long_pigs_01.jpg
49KB, 550x275px
>>15512503

>Anyone have anything along the lines of "The Blair Witch Project" or "Cropsey"? I'm looking for something that is sorta spoopy

Long Pigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8
>>
The conspiracy
As above so below
>>
File: large_mrjones_2.jpg (163KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
large_mrjones_2.jpg
163KB, 980x551px
Mr. Jones is a weird one, but I liked it!
>>
>>15516798
Seriously? That movie was fucking retarded. I struggled through the first half, waiting to see something redeeming. Nope. Not a goddamned thing.
>>
>>15516802
I'll freely admit the plot was weak, but I'm a sucker for the scarecrows
>>
>>15516748
i read reviews and just felt discouraged from wanrting to watch it
>>
>>15515693
thats shit tho
>>
>>15516861
Actually, I didn't think it was all that bad
>>
>>15516856
It's one you should watch just to hate better
>>
>>15516215
>best spook

Most lovecraftian? Oh yeah, but really everything that happens up to that point is pretty gripping shit as well. Having a grandparent that slips in and out of the hospital regularly, I can say this movie can really bug certain on a very emotional level. Kudos to whoever threw this one together.
>>
>>15512493
As no one said it, well, here I go.
This is one of the most underrated movies of all time.
>>
I really enjoyed Atrocious. I think it got shit reviews but I thought it was pretty good. Check it out I think it's on Netflix
>>
>>15515504

Fuck yes. I slept on this after watching pretty much every decently rated horror movie I could find on NF, and wanted to kick myself for not watching it sooner. Great movie. One second I was sympathetic to the old lady and the next I was absolutely spooped by her. One of the best streams on NF right now.
>>
>>15518664

mah niggaa. remember thinking attrocious was awesome and actually remember towards the end feeling like it was honestly pretty creepy. i only watched it once and it was a few years ago be i remember really liking it.

>>15512481

and OP, i'm huge into horror and movies in general, i could give a few titles of some gems but you'll have to be willing to go further than netflix.
>>
>>15516215
That's me!
>>
>>15512766
I definitely recommend this one.
>>
>>15512481
There are these series of videos, almost all of them are kinda presented as documentaries or found footage vids. One is of a reporter disappearing into a haunted house, another is of a superhuman attacking a man in the water.

I first saw them here and now I can't fucking find them. Someone here will know what they are. They're all pretty short but amazing.
>>
I liked lunopolis a lot, might be low budget though.
Someone mentioned the conspiracy which is also good.
Grave encounters is top tier.
And there was this other alien found footage film with an autist boy recording. Was also good. Forgot the name.
>>
>>15519406
I thought Grave Encounters had a bad ending, but that could just be me.
>>
Devil's Pass was kind of okay
>>
Yall niggas toastin in a toaster oben ebin pedobear anonymoose epic fail guy suck my fick fitch
>>
File: 4-entity.jpg (24KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
4-entity.jpg
24KB, 600x386px
If you were at least interested by Grave Encounters, try Entity. It's not 100% found footage but it has a similar vibe and honestly does a better job of building suspense imo
>>
File: frankensteins-army-20131.jpg (63KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
frankensteins-army-20131.jpg
63KB, 600x321px
Frankenstein's Army is also pretty cool, it honestly has more of a Silent Hill vibe than any of the Silent Hill movies if you're down with that sort of thing
>>
>>15519238
Dude I know what you're talking about but don't remember the name. My favorite was of a castaway on a raft who sees something he can't explain on the horizon or something and slowly goes nuts, doing all sorts of weird shit and eventually swimming off into the distance to try to find the thing
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 307x164px
I loved Banshee Chapter (although I can't really pinpoint why) so I highly recommend it if you can stand spending half the movie in the company of a blatant Hunter S. Thompson caricature
>>
>>15512481
The black door. Kinda old, but i found it interesting, not very spooky though, but the immersion was great
>>
>>15520180
The ending was alright, but GE 2 totally ruined it.
>>
anyone?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1735485/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.