[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What video games were truly creepy for you, /x/? It doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 65

File: 1412297295283.jpg (370KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1412297295283.jpg
370KB, 1600x1067px
What video games were truly creepy for you, /x/? It doesn't necessarily have to be intentional.

>post your creepy/obscure/pants-shittingly scary vidya experiences here. also pic unrelated
>>
>>15312806
> Be me, eight
> Buy Silent Hill: The Room on pt2
> Never played a SH game before
> Watch intro, see twin victims
> Long ass arms, long black cloak, two baby heads
> Fuck that shiiiit
>"Probably won't fight em till later levels
> Play game
> First hour
> Fucking Twin Victims show up
> Nop
> Came back to game years later, beat it, love it.
> Play the SH games, none spoop me like 4 did.
> Favorite survival horror game ever
>>
>Used to watch dad play old RE in 1997 when I was about 4
>Never scared, called Nemesis the "tired man" and laughed at it
>However, still kinda mortified of underwater levels in Super Mario Sunshine
>>
>>15312912
>not SH2
>maximum pleb
>>
>>15312973
sorry not nemesis, the zombies
>>
Fear.
Random jumpscares early in the game before alma even shows up. I can't handle jump scares.

Silent Hill 2.
Atmosphere. Oh god the atmosphere.
Nothing would ever really happen because you have the radio to let you know when enemies are nearby, but jesus christ the atmosphere. I quit at the hospital. Couldn't make it son, door stuck DOOR STUCK. I BEG YOU!

System Shock 2.
Respawning enemies. Horror and atmosphere is one thing. But respawning enemies? I can't feel safe rummaging through items when there's the constant thread of enemies reappearing and sneaking up on you.
Some enemies are also silent as hell until you've spotted them, so you'd turn around a corner and there'd be one of them mutants in your face. I quit relatively early in at the part where there's exploding droids.
I've got this phobia-esque thing for being chased and having things sneak up on me (basically just things being behind me where I can't see them, without me knowing, or without me wanting. Hard to explain) and SS2 "triggered" (please forgive my usage of the word) this really badly.

Couldn't handle playing any of the stalker games either. Too spooky.

I am coward given flesh. I am sin.
>>
>>15312912
>eight
>Silent Hill: the room
>>
File: tfw augmented.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tfw augmented.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>15313349

>People born in 1996 can now disclose their age on 4chan and not be banned
>>
>>15312979
>Implying SH 2 is scarier
Unless you're implying it's better, which is true.
>>
SH2
scarier AND better
>>
>>15313380
>there are people born after 9/11 who have had sex
>>
>>15313568
> There are people who have had sex
>>
>>15313866

appearantly not the guys in OPs pic. creepiest pic ive seen in a long time
>>
>>15312979
Liked it more for the nostalgia value.
>>
File: 0.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
I still can't play this fucking stage.
Fuck everything about it.

It's bad enough i'm in a fucking meat grinder but having aliums attack me as well from every direction.
That fucking other worldly music, the screen going blood fucking red when I'm about to get crushed.

Just fuck
>>
>>15312806
>me 8
>at brothers place
>playing toomb rider 3d (WOW 3D GAME!!1!)
>alone
>the mummy coughs
>nope.jpg
that sound of that mummy coughs is creepy to me to this day tbh
>>
>Be 10-year-old me
>Hear about this cool game called Manhunt
>Get curious, look up the executions
>Uncut? Sure, that's cool.
>[spoiler]PLASTIC BAGS CAN DO THAT? WHAT'S HE DOING WITH THAT CROWB-OH MY GOD! MAKE IT STOP![/spoiler]

And the cycle repeated a couple years later with Manhunt 2.
>>
File: fiona.gif (997KB, 500x217px) Image search: [Google]
fiona.gif
997KB, 500x217px
>>15312806
Resident Evil 0,1,2,3,4
Silent Hill 1,2,3,4
Clock Tower 2
Haunting Ground
Koudelka
>>
File: metroid_prime_5.jpg (139KB, 853x448px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_prime_5.jpg
139KB, 853x448px
Metroid Prime, especially when you sneak into the space pirates lab in Phendrana Drifts.
>>
File: CliffWampa.png (136KB, 444x406px) Image search: [Google]
CliffWampa.png
136KB, 444x406px
star wars: shadows of the empire

>this cunt right here
>too scared to go explore
>too scared to be outside too long
>MOTHER FUCK HERE HE COMES
>>
>>15312973
I only recently in my 20s got over my fear of "being underwater" in games. I honestly can't explain why it would freak me out. In DK64, I didn't touch the game for a week when you were able to leave the island and swim to other ones, and in Sunshine I avoided doing the eel dentist level. Just couldn't do it.
>>
Doom.

Even as a 12 year old kid, it used to spoop me the fuck out playing that game on my Windows '98, simply because the sound didn't work for some reason. Suddenly that game became significantly more frightening.
>>
>>15313274
>Couldn't handle playing any of the stalker games either. Too spooky.

I would be more spooked for a cheeki breeki sneaking behind em and one shotting me with a shotgun

If you got dem weapons u lose the fear, thats why I love games that limit you a lot on ammo and weapons
>>
>>15312806
Penumbra... fuck this shit.
>>
>>15314125

I thought Penumbra was way creepier than Amnesia. Amnesia was a more tense play through but the plot in Penumbra was really interesting and kept me going through the entire game wanting to know what came next. Especially Black Plague.

Amnesia's plot was decent, but not anywhere near Penumbra.
>>
>>15314137
I'm agree, penumbra is creepier than Amnesia. Also is really easy to self insert in the modern setting.
>>
Dunno about spooky but I always got creeped out by the Derelict Reaper section in ME2. I don't do tight spaces with lumbering cyberzombies well.

System Shock 2, on that note.
>>
>>15314088

I'm going to play misery mod for CoP soon, hopefully that will up the fear and difficulty. No mini-map, you dont know if enemies are in the area or not, other things to make it more difficult/ scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avBNFLmlNE
>>
>>15313274
Those Cyborg Assassins in System Shock 2 talking to themselves in distorted voices creeped me out. They were always so quiet moving around too.

Usually they make lots of noise talking and walking around, but there were a couple times where no enemies had been around in a while and I would turn around to find a Cyborg Midwife screaming and flailing its arms at me.
>>
Never could finish dead space
>>
Outlast is an excellent horror game because it plays on (and I guess to a degree, improves) on what Amnesia/Penumbra did. Problem was there wasn't as much interactivity with your environment as Amnesia, and the game of course didn't have the eldritch horror/1800s theme that Amnesia did

What it made up for was in swagger as fuck MKUltra conspiracy shit, and NANOMACHINES, SON
>>
The most recent Siren game unnerved me. Already not a huge fan of insects, throwing insect zombie people is definitely not a step in the right direction to calm me. Fatal Frame 2 kept me creeped out as a kid also.
>>
>>15313274
>Couldn't handle STALKER

CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

Seriously though, I only gave up because I was bored as fuck and I honestly just became lost in sidequests after some time and decided to just give up
>>
>>15314245
Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqDXlfASMM
>>
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Condemned 2: Bloodshot

>Fucking Abandoned Department store level.
>>
>>15312806
Resident Evil 4 regenerators and their spiky bros
>>
>>15314238
Outlast is amazing. Spooked my guts off everyfuckingwhere.
>>
>>15314221
>>15314221
holy shit the first one was terrifying. had to rent the game twice to beat it.
>>
There were 3 survival horror games made on PC when Blair Witch came out. One was set in Civil War period, think it was called the Curse of Coffin Rock or something. Proper scary for a 10 year old!
>>
File: cyborgassassin.jpg (20KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
cyborgassassin.jpg
20KB, 201x300px
>>15314219
>Cyborg Assassins

I always used to wonder how TriOp go a hold of them, given how SHODAN's cyborgs in SS1 had all been destroyed 40 years earlier.

Could it have been that companies/criminal syndicates were kidnapping their enemies and forcefully turning them into cyborgs? Given how the Russian TriOp exec used to be a black-market gangster type...for me that aspect made them just as creepy as the Midwives
>>
Something about the other world hospital and the chapel in Silent hill 3 put me really and edge and give me a weird feeling of dread
>>
>>15312979

SH4 has a really unique atmosphere and it's personally my favorite. Everything else about it more than makes up for the lack of polish.

I'd say SH2 is the least "scary" out of the 4
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 561x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 561x378px
Silent hill 2

Unoriginal I know

Wasn't scary as the others at first but after the big reveal everything seemed 10x more demented
>>
>>15314637
I remember shooting their legs off and getting spooped every time they'd lunge at me through the infrared scope.
>>
File: 8zTW6qk.jpg (434KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
8zTW6qk.jpg
434KB, 1280x1556px
> be playing super mario 64
> in haunted house stage
> walk into room with a piano
> thatskindofsuspicious.jpg
> walk towards it
> piano springs to life without warning making notes play with every hop
>MFW
> yell out of fear because of the unsuspected enemy
> pisspants.exe
> run away from piano into another room
> spaghetti in my pockets soaked in piss
> finish stage after gathering my cool
>>
File: Giygas.jpg (496KB, 1568x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Giygas.jpg
496KB, 1568x1185px
>>
File: 1403853058544.png (984KB, 922x704px) Image search: [Google]
1403853058544.png
984KB, 922x704px
Scariest game I ever played was this weird Christian educational game that my mom got me on a store owner's recommendation (my mom's not even a particularly devout christian, though in retrospect, it's apparent that the guy shilling the game was a 10th dan christfag).

I have no idea what it was called. The production values were obviously low, and this must have been somewhere around 2001-2004. But basically you were alone in this barren and abandoned world, the only thing breaking the silence of your footsteps was the occasional scripted bible quote from a disembodied voice which was probably someone's attempt at powerful and wise, but it just came off as dark and unsettling.

The only thing that really kept you company were the floating masks. They were fashioned to represent the seven deadly sins (though I only managed to see two types before I noped the fuck out of playing that game ever again). They didn't make any sound at all except when they shot at you, which made some stupid fucking 'boo' sound, but considering they always, always, always got the jump on you (I don't know if it was just something with the level design, if I was just shit at video games or, as I suspect, they randomly spawned outside your line of sight), I practically shit myself every time I saw one. They were some uncanny fucking designs too.
>>
File: Ro-bans.jpg (5KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
Ro-bans.jpg
5KB, 301x167px
>>15316231

The first and only area I played in was a series of mall areas. I think it was called "The mall of avarice" or something equally stupid and bibletastic, but it was an empty fucking mall, and I don't know if it's because they were reusing graphics or if I was just shitty at getting my bearings, but I did nothing but get lost in it. I'd always wander into some different, unfamiliar part of the mall before getting jumped by either a Greed or a Vanity mask. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, and I was mostly frustrated, both because the game was unfairly hard (for however old I was) and creepy as shit. I managed to accomplish one thing, and then said fuck it, I can't do five more of these fucking masks.

It's actually pretty funny looking back. I'd like to know what the hell it was called so I can give it another spin, since it was probably a shitty and poorly designed game, now that I'm old enough to appreciate these things, but it's probably fairly obscure, and I don't even know where to begin looking.

It didn't have that big of an impact on me, though now that I think about it, it may have planted the early seeds of skepticism towards Christians that eventually blossomed into a fedora. Maybe the shop owner was really Satan.

Man, that still came out more pasta-ish than I intended.
>>
>>15316238
Saints of Virtue maybe?
>>
File: G.jpg (338KB, 850x708px) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
338KB, 850x708px
>>15316204
Are you a friend I have never met?
>>
>>15316276

Bingo. Thanks, anon. As I said, I was trying to downplay how creepy it was to me at the time since there was a better than good chance someone here would know what I was talking about.
>>
>>15316326

Damn, those masks still look freaky as fuck. I can't remember when she actually bought the game, but I must have been 7-10 at the time.
>>
>>15314042
I've been afraid of that shit all my life. Even now. Recently, I guess, Far Cry 3 made me shiver when I went down into that deep part in the water to collect something. Man, I hate underwater.
>>
>>15316326
My family Was big into Christianity too, so trust me, that game did absolutely nothing but push away ahahaha
>>
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

No one likes it because it's out of the canon and it's not actually a horror game, but I found it a lot spookier and more interesting than the others because it's all about cultivating this sort of stomach-churning feeling of complicity in all the fucked up shit that you hear about in the echoes. You feel like this freaky, fucked up voyeur.

The other games, generally, seem way too clear cut IMO, and it's much too hard to take anything to do with the cult seriously.
>>
File: stair70[1].jpg (413KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
stair70[1].jpg
413KB, 1024x768px
>that FUCKING music that played when you tried to walk up the stairs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wp3rzAdwT8
>>
File: splatterhouse_640.jpg (321KB, 640x498px) Image search: [Google]
splatterhouse_640.jpg
321KB, 640x498px
Splatterhouse has some jump scares, overall a really cool retro-horror game
>>
File: danger.png (54KB, 151x215px) Image search: [Google]
danger.png
54KB, 151x215px
>mfw resident evil 3
>mfw everytime I hear the music from the save room (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvlwUF2ndU) i get fucking chills down my spine

Playing this game when I was young was fucking terrifying. The atmosphere of the save room was incredibly eerie. It's a situation where you know you're safe for now, but have to go back outside to make progress.
>>
>>15314067
Haha, you too?
Mine only had the sfx, no music. So instead of "Fuck yeah" it just became "Oh fuck!".
>>
>>15312806
BBA to buy set until the room and PT to be replayed to see if you can before watching Josie twins Winslow got some big interest to fucking snap.
>>
This is why my wife throws a shit fit if i touch the desktop with her in the room...she no longer trusts my choice in games after containment breach
>>
Nightmare house

sh3 was the scariest sh but 2 affected me more/stuck with me longer because it was sad

rule of rose only because it made me feel like something terrible was always about to happen
>>
>>15317004
Thinking back, that might have been the case. I'm not even sure now.

Honestly, I imagine a remade Doom with modern hi-res graphics and the soundtrack from Eraserhead would be absolutely terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgtisIQtcqg
>>
>>15317111
I just hope the next Doom game is more like the originals instead of Doom 3
>>
The save room theme from Resident Evil 4. That shit freaks me out every time I hear it.
>>
File: rdredemtion.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rdredemtion.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
The glitched animals in Red Dead Redemption were pretty damn creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip0a-kNJGtc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og
>>
File: Funny-Animal-Funny-Dog.jpg (211KB, 800x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Animal-Funny-Dog.jpg
211KB, 800x1071px
>>15317011
lol what
>>
>>15316204
WHY
ARENT
THEY
ROBOTS
>>
>>15317139

I agree, but probably for a very different reason.

Doom's a great game. It's fun, and quick, and great in a way that modern shooters very rarely can be.

However, the original Doom wasn't really scary. Well, at the time it was, because that sort of thing had never been seen before. It was IIRC one of the first FPSes, if not THE first (or at least the first mainstream one). At the time, no one had seen a first-person game about shooting demons and zombies. Honestly, I'd call the original Doom almost funny and light-hearted, in a sort of gory over-the-top way.

That's no longer fresh or new or shocking. A Doom remake would be fun as shit and I would play the hell out of it. But it would not be even remotely scary, and it certainly wouldn't be scarier than Doom 3 was.
>>
Outlast was pretty great.
The last half of the Whistleblower DLC contained some of the most fucked up shit I have ever seem in a video game.
Doesn't get much worse than a dude who wants to tear off your dick and fuck the wounds.

The catacombs in Silent Hill 2 were pretty creepy, the whole thing made me feel really claustrophobic.
>>
>>15317195
>doom invented FPS

listen bitch are you for real?

It wasn't even Id's first FPS (Hovertank, 1991) or their first huge massively successful huge deal game changer FPS (Wolfenstein 3D, 1992).

God how are you this fucking new.
>>
>>15317232

Ahh, right, I don't know how I forgot Wolfenstein (or Rise of the Triad come to think of it - really good game, RotT).

But regardless, it was a pretty huge game-changer, and at the time it had pretty good graphics. And, as per my main point, no one had seen anything like that (a first-person game abut fighting demons and zombies and such) at the time. That is the only reason Doom seemed scary.
>>
>>15317232
>>15317246

Well that and the fact that we were like 10 at the time
>>
>>15317246
Fun Fact: RoTT has many features that were ultimately cut from Doom, like selectable characters that had different attributes.
>>
Silent Hill 3's Haunted House is the best. It's some meta shit.

>incredibly scary game series and atmosphere
>stick a fake amusement park Haunted House in it
>everything in it is not scary at all as a result of dealing with real demons and shit all game
>enjoy dying
>>
>>15317257

Yeah, that would've made Doom better (though it probably would've gotten in the way of multiplayer skins).

Come to think of it, I think I had way more fun with RotT than Doom. It's too bad that it's as underrated as it is.
>>
>>15317273
Yeah it probably would've killed multiplayer since the characters were restricted in terms of what weapons they could use. It was basically class-based and geared towards co-op.

The direction of the game took a hard swerve away from co-op horror when they realized how fun deathmatch was. That's why a lot of the stuff that takes away from the spookiness (how incredibly fast Doomguy can run, for instance) was implemented.
>>
Resident Evil 1 remake. scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, couldn't get past the initial parts of the game until I got older due to me being so frightened by everything.
>>
Fatal frame
>>
>>15316204
>>15316325
>was about to post this

Earthbound was legitimately terrifying because it was actually just a caricature of the world we already live in/maybe the future yet it was still eerie as fuck.
>>
File: 1360548171136.gif (47KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1360548171136.gif
47KB, 429x410px
>>15313972
Clock Tower 2 now I know you're trolling
>>
>>15314619
>the mannequins

Condemned is criminally underrated.
I have never ever NOPEd so hard than with the mannequins.
>>
>Ctrl+F "Eternal Darkness"

>0 Results

WHY
>>
>>15317576
That was less "scary" and more "perpetual haunting insanity and feeling of NEVERTHELESS being safe".

Not saying it didn't have its scary moments but overall it was the unrelenting sense of dread that did it for me -- the very real sense that you were up against impossible horrors and always one step away from an insta-death.
>>
>>15317595
>NEVER being safe

Thanks, autocorrect.
>>
File: 1407388327664.jpg (139KB, 650x758px) Image search: [Google]
1407388327664.jpg
139KB, 650x758px
>>15317576
Great game but it didn't really spook me.
>>
I just popped in Alien:Isolation.

Let's see how this goes.
>>
>>15317595

Eternal Darkness was good, but I'm not sure it was the masterpiece people say it is. It would've been a lot better if they'd hidden the sanity meter. Or at least if sanity wasn't as easily healed as health or mana. Because, as it is, the second weird things start happening, it's not really strange or creepy or a mystery, you just go "oh my sanity meter's getting low, welp better heal that up *casts green heal spell*"

Also, minor quibble perhaps, but why the fuck did Karim use a tulwar and chakrams? I'm not sure when chakrams were invented (but am fairly certain a (what I assume to be) Lakhmid arab mercenary or vassal-soldier in the service of the Sassanids probably wouldn't use one), but I know for a fact that tulwars weren't invented until the 13th, maybe even 14th century. That is almost a thousand years, they might as well have given him a musket.

I know, it's stupid to raise a fuss about videogames not being historically accurate, but as someone with a bit of an interest in Middle Eastern history, I'm sorry, but that Karim chapter just plain bugs me.
>>
>>15317655

That'd probably be a better response for >>15317576 .
>>
The most recent spooky game was Metro Last Light for me. This game (and Metro 2033) got immersion down pretty well in my opninion.

Some areas are full of toxic gas, so you have to wear a gas mask or you choke to death. You put it on, your vision gets hazy, and you now have a time limit before your chest burns out from the inside. So, naturally, I go exploring because I need ammo (and hopefully I can find additional gas mask filters). I'm in a tunnel and there's a door open on the left. Disarm a couple traps, no big deal, and I go in.

The room inside is a narrow L, with wrought iron beds lining the walls, so there's just enough room to walk in between them. I check in between the second row of beds because I see something that may be ammo, and it is. Just as I'm picking it up, though, I see something - a shadow? - lying on the bed at the top of my vision. I snap to it, and there's nothing to be seen, so I return to looting, moving down the hall. Finally, at the end of the room, what looks like a cavein has blocked off the path, but there's a safe. But then I notice out of the corner of my eye there is another shadow, only this is a shadow of a hanged man. The shadow's not on the floor though, it's suspended where the hanged person would be in midair. But when I look at it, it vanishes.

I move on, open the safe, and start looting it. Then all the shadows JUMPED into focus and turn into blood phantoms and I NOPED THE FUCK OUT OF THERE. On the way down the tunnels, my gas mask ran out, and I died.

[spoiler]I had a dream that night - or perhaps I was only half awake - that I was lying in bed and there was a shadow suspended in the air in the shape of a hanged man. [/spoiler]
>>
>>15317686
I wouldn't call Metro "scary" but it definitely nails the atmosphere of spooky better than 90% of games. Again with the "unrelenting sense of dread and always being one step away from an instant grisly death".
>>
>>15317686
I don't recall this in the game. Sure does sound scary though. I beat it with lights out and headphones on
>>
>>15312806

Sanitarium.

It wasn't a horror game, but shit was creepy for me.
>>
>>15317880
My wife swore this game freaked her the fuck out when she was a kid. I played it for the first time a few years ago and it did nothing for me. Tech is too old to scare anymore, I guess.
>>
killer7 on gamecube
>>
>>15312806
5 nights at freddy's was pretty creepy.
>>
File: 1411789431043.png (166KB, 665x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1411789431043.png
166KB, 665x1133px
I was playing paper mario on the n64 and the game froze on me and a bunch of numbers popped all over the screen and the sound came out all screeched out, i think the cartridge was loose or something

shit fucked me up, i couldn't play the game for like a week out of fear that it would happen again
>>
>>15312806

>August, its my birthday soon, mid teens at this point.
>Get Doom 3 Ultimate (the metal cased Xbox version), fucking awesome.
>Girlfriend at the time buys it as well, but is reluctant due to lolfear.
>Doom 3 is actually really fun for the time. Good cooperative play too.
>She goes to bed, I keep playing it by myself on the hardest difficulty.
>The jump/scene scares where things turn into fire are fun.
>Notice something odd though.
>The blood smears on the wall are no longer abundant, though they should be.
>Notice blood smears with actual words now, but they're again not very abundant.
>Some of the words say generic things like "Turn back" or "Leave", think nothing of it since lulDoom.
>Walk down a hallway and see another word.
>Word says my name.
>Power died immediately afterwards.
>Wind picks up, rain is coming down hard, attribute this to a storm.
>Think nothing of it for now.
>>
>>15318228

>Tell my girlfriend the next day how I thought it was creepy.
>Thought I'd look it up online to see if this kind of thing was normal.
>Thought maybe this would be a revolutionary game on the Xbox that somehow used your Xbox information to do something, no idea what the fuck I was thinking.
>Went online, talked on some forums, chatted with some people via AIM and YIM, found zilch.
>One person did message me, an anonymous tip from what I now believe to be an older 4Chan member, had to be.
>Messaged me with a news article from Wapannese land.
>Spoke about how a few late teens and early adult males / females were dying around the time of the release of Doom 3.
>Most people implied it was some kind of cult hoax type thing.
>The article provided proof of something else.
>>
the end of Dead Space, when that bitch ex gf jumps out from behind the chair. I've been getting over a borderline phobia of jump scares I've had since I was 7. between 2005 and 2009 I would pause every Youtube video in the beginning, turn down my volume, and go to the end to make sure there wasn't a screamer. when the end of Dead Space happened, my guard was down (the game does that on purpose of course) and I shit a nut.

also, Condemned: Criminal Origins. this game is tons of spooky, and underrated for that fact. At the part where you explore the killer's house, I couldn't get myself to go into the attic. I turned off the game when I had to go up there, and looked up a video the next day. My mind genuinely freaked me the fuck out and simply kept me from going up there. Turns out there's just a zombie ninja dude with dreads, dual-wielding iron bars. go figure.
>>
>>15318237

>The anonymous user at this point warns me that the next bit that he/she would send will likely cause me to be "watched" or some shit.
>They showed me a heavily censored picture of a newspaper that explained some of the situations.
>The instance in question had to do with three men (two late teens, one early twenties) and one female (early twenties).
>Police arrived to a small party at an apartment around 4:00 AM, neighbor was complaining about the female sitting outside in the nude and whimpering.
>Police showed up, found the men dead inside, found a glass sliding door completely shattered, found the woman outside in a state of disarray.
>She had been covered head to toe in scratches, blood from the men, and had a few teeth missing.
>The men on the other hand apparently were nearly unharmed on the outside. However their eyes, cartilage in their nose, tongue, and possibly their brain had been almost "ground up" and replaced into their head. None of them had any teeth, none were found in the apartment, pictures weren't very fun at that age for me.
>>
>>15318237
nigga das some pasta

shit didn't happen
>>
>>15318267

>Strange part was that they were playing a video game at the time.
>The investigators and journalists felt it necessary to state that at the time they were playing Doom 3, and judging by the picture of the screen it looked to be almost frozen on the loading screen to one of the later levels in Hell or something.
>They also claim that the woman in question stated that they tried to unplug the television, unplug the console, and almost considered destroying both - in order to stop what they said had been an obnoxiously loud buzzing sound.
>She then claims that something came out of the television during this time, attacked all four of them, killed the men, and nearly killed her. She only escaped due to being closest to the nearest exit, and having the good sense to run as fast as she could through the glass door.
>She was admitted to a psychiatric care facility, then the article was cut off from there.
>Names were blanked out, a lot of the dates were missing, but the Anonymous person who sent it was confident that this was legit.
>The person also warned me to not take any strangeness lightly in the game. Anyone whose had some form of spiritual activity in their lives, families lives, or have any connection to any kind of paranormal(ness) should be very cautious about playing that specific version of the game.

>I may be gullible, but that story just made me curious if it was real or bullshit. I called bullshit right away on it.
>>
File: conjuring_ver3_xlg.jpg (474KB, 1014x1500px) Image search: [Google]
conjuring_ver3_xlg.jpg
474KB, 1014x1500px
not vidya...however...
have any of you guys ever seen a movie that scared you so much it "shook your faith"
i mean literally

>pic related
i know most people will say it wasn't that bad but mind you i don't watch a lot of horror movies.
i am not a religious person and i haven't been for quite some time now. my parents although both irish/italian catholic never went to church with me and they never forced it on me

ANYWAYS.....Conjuring was so bad for me that i actually started to consider the paranormal.
like 50% chance i could be wrong...logically speaking.
you would be fucked in Vegas with those odds.
>>
>>15318270

Nigger*, and this thread is for personal experiences and I'm sharing mine.

>Ignore this advice from the wise anonymous user.
>Ignore his/her last message.
>"If your family, yourself, or anyone you know that has been or is close to you was or is involved in the paranormal - do not take the signs in the game lightly."
>Continue playing until I get to the level where you encounter chainsaw zombies and the first/only portal to Hell.
>At this point the normal blood splatter things were missing still, but nothing major.
>Not until I saw that hallway; the blood splatter in that hallway leading up to the med center and the chainsaw zombie had my name, and my birthday (the day and month) written out fully.
>The chainsaw guy saw me hesitate cause I pretty much dropped the controller at this point, and charged me.
>Game froze up just as I went to hit it. Got pissed, kicked my console, then noticed a startling fact.
>Ammo counter was the last two digits of my birth year.
>Health and armor counter were the M/D/Y of my birthday.
>Fuck this, ripped the game out, refused to play it until the weekend. Why the weekend? So I could show my girlfriend what the fuck was going on.
>She was into the spiritual things kind of like I was, but was skeptical that the game or anything was haunted.

>She invited a friend over her house, they sat down, we got online together, played some coop.
>>
File: 1409788481344.gif (356KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
1409788481344.gif
356KB, 466x350px
>>15318302
I feel you on this.
when she turns her head and says something like "your wife's already gone."
I spooped directly in my pants with the force of an fighter jet.
but that was the only scary part of the movie
>>
>>15318228
>>15318267
>>15318281
>>15318307

Anon, I think I experienced something similar.

Anon, this is very important.

How realistic was the blood?
>>
>>15318307

>Coop is different from the main game and story, and since neither of us really got too far in it we decided to take it slow.
>At this point we ditch the headset conversations and just call each other as well, less connection issues.
>We're talking, playing, late at night, no real strange shit yet.
>After about half way through the coop campaign she says she swore she heard someone talking to her through the headset of her Xbox.
>Swore it said her name, called out to her, asked if she's "having fun".
>I reply by saying my game is acting kind of sluggish, might be lag or something.
>We continue with some minor jump scares and what not, diving through some kind of laser thing, still hearing some weird static and voices, still seeing bits and pieces of spooky shit written in blood.
>Then the phone hangs up on my end, I hear the dial tone, then a busy signal.
>Lights go off instantly as well, computer is dead, fan just died, thanks a lot Clinton/Bush.
>Fail to realize the television was still on, feel the controller rumble so hard that my dick hardens (as its on my lap at this point), instantly turn to the TV and see what the fuck is going on.
>Loading screen for the Hell levels is now active, screen is frozen, Xbox is frozen, can't do much but sit there and let my controller vibrate until it breaks.
>Remove controller, remove power cord, stare blankly at the TV and how its still not fucking going off.
>Then I start feeling very cold; this is mid summer by the way and I'm still used to the cold in the mid-west, so cold doesn't usually bother me.
>Feels like I just jumped into the pool mid-winter, start coughing and hacking up something fierce too.
>Remember what the Anonymous user said, instantly noped the fuck out of my room, down the stairs, out the front door, slept in my parents van for the night.
>Felt the van shake a few times prior to falling asleep in it as well, ended up covering up the windows in case something was watching me.
>>
>>15318315
for me it was one of the only jumps scares in the movie when the witch was on top of a wardrobe or some shit and flew down to strangle a kid

in hindsight the scene shouldn't be too bad to swallow however the effects are still really good.
but yeah...on the whole after i saw that movie i came to what you might call a "spiritual crossroad"

on one hand i could not be scared by the movie at all, disregarding all of it as hooey and going comfortably about my day

ON THE OTHER HAND....i seriously consider the fact that i am wrong and there is a god and a devil and a jesus too. (what a nice guy he was) Jews really are the chosen people who have been scapegoated and vilified since forever. christians and muslims are just wannabes who couldn't go along with the program so they deviated some.

and me.....i am going to HELL where i might see that fucking witch from the wardrobe forever.
NOPE...i don't like that thought.
>>
File: 1412000918928.gif (2MB, 599x334px) Image search: [Google]
1412000918928.gif
2MB, 599x334px
>decent thread
>fag starts posting shitty copypasta
>>
>>15318318

Given the graphical limitations of the console, it was pretty realistic. It didn't have that dried up crusty feel that most blood effects did, wasn't dark either like the usual stains should have been. It was very plump, very red, vibrant, squishy almost.

>After I woke up and went inside - prior to my parents getting up thank fucking Crom - I took a piss and surveyed the upstairs (2nd floor, my room).
>Called my girlfriend, asked her what the fuck happened, told her my side of it.
>She tells me that she heard me whisper something on the phone and then I screeched at her.
>She also said that her friend had to leave. Apparently she saw her dead grandmother on the screen of the game when the lobby closed, and felt like something had just grabbed her arm. She even had two bruises that were almost four inches thick right above her elbow joint.
>My girlfriend also told me that her friend didn't even pick up the phone the next morning, and that she felt something was really wrong with everything, barely got any sleep because of it.
>I ended up turning on my game, the loading screen froze, removed the game, sat down and just stared at it for a while.

After this I didn't really play the game for a few months. My Xbox fried itself about a month after during a lightning storm as well. Lightning struck an awning in the kitchen, didn't fry any electronics in the house except my Xbox - which had the disc near by at the time. I managed to get a cheap replacement console and have played the game since then - but every time I did at the old house (we moved about a year or two after maybe) even when I had friends over - freaky shit would keep happening. Most of my pals didn't want me to keep playing it, girlfriends told me to stop on occasion, and so on. I've played it once or twice since then though, no real spooky shit going on yet.

Debating playing it again during the October blood moon whenever that is, maybe I'll get something fun to happen for /x/.
>>
>>15318360

Hmm... Would you say the blood seemed hyper realistic?
>>
>>15318368
lol
>>
>>15318368

In a sense yeah, it felt very distant from what a game was supposed to feel like. To this day I haven't really played a video game that had that kind of display yet. It felt like you were looking at actual blood that had just been leaked from something and had been trying to coagulate on occasion.
>>
File: 1309027056541.png (369KB, 1000x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1309027056541.png
369KB, 1000x1359px
>>15318372
>>15318355
>>15318270

There, enjoy your generic creepy pasta while the adults discuss other things.

>Remain quiet and in your seats at all times.
>>
I swear I see you roleplaying in every /x/ thread. you seem to be killing the board slowly by diluting otherwise good threads like this with your fiction.
>>
Ao oni, danm I hate being chased at any moment. It looks cheesy but danm... the game got me bad.
>>
File: creepypasta.png (59KB, 1232x226px) Image search: [Google]
creepypasta.png
59KB, 1232x226px
>>15318374

I see. This sounds very bad, anon. Very bad indeed, in more ways than one.

I have a follow-up question.

Is this 2011? Are people still seriously unironically writing videogame creepypastas?
>>
>>15318391
fuck yeah, this. the actual ao oni was pretty well designed as an enemy. just the right amount of uncanny valley. that game is underappreciatedly nightmarish.
>>
>>15318382
>adults
no need to pluralize that word. it's just you talking about it. and I don't need that generic creepypasta. there's a much more generic pasta about Doom 3 being posted in this thread right now.
>>
>>15318392

See

>>15312806

The thread is about video games that were creepy, I decided to share an experience.

Why is it that all fresh content is instantly ragged on by the new /x/files? You guys must be with that new group of SJWs that everyone is talking about over on /pol/.
>>
File: 1395286720430s.jpg (2KB, 181x250px) Image search: [Google]
1395286720430s.jpg
2KB, 181x250px
>>15318398
>that chase music
oh boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9wjYbJDe6k
>>
>>15312806
that feel when there are no women in this pic
>>
>>15318403
the point of the thread is things that actually happened to you. it's always nice to get some fresh pasta, but maybe make a new thread out of it, instead of posting it in places where it doesn't belong.

also, fuck SJW's. they can all die of ebolaids
>>
File: Not_sure_if_trolling.jpg (56KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
Not_sure_if_trolling.jpg
56KB, 600x442px
>>15318403
>>
>>15318411

If you don't believe me its your call. I've had enough weird and goofy ass experiences to fill up a small book.
>>
>>15318415
Then hop back on the tour bus, and write your Twilight sequel elsewhere.
>>
>>15318427

You're getting pretty angry over this friend.
>>
>>15318403

You seem pretty new actually. If you're a /pol/ regular and this is your first time on /x/ then maybe you should either lurk more or go back to /pol/. Also really not sure what SJWs have to do with your creepypasta being shit.
>>
>>15318436
What friend? I'm not angry over anybody, nor angry at all. You seem to be putting color to a painting that isn't there.
>>
Yume Nikki. I got Uboa on my second try at Poniko's room and I nearly pissed myself.

Didn't touch the game for a month after that.
>>
Re2 scared me quite a bit. And doom 64. This was of course before the internet waz really every where and full of crazy content. Reminds me how fucking desensitized kids are now days
>>
>>15318492
>tfw at one point i labeled goldeneye as a scary game because it was a shooter
fuck i dont know what wouldve happened to me if i played a horror game back then
>>
Really goldeneye? I mean re2 had some pretty crazy jump scares and doom 64 was so dark and the noises it made creeped me out. Id play solo and in the dark. But goldeneye?
>>
File: 1407473439499.jpg (24KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
1407473439499.jpg
24KB, 284x253px
Five Nights at Freddie's is one of the scariest games I have played.
I hate when shit can just pop out from around the corner and jumpscare you.
The game itself isn't very good but it is certainly spooky.

There was an NES game then kind of got to me called Sweet Home or something like that, there is one scene where you talk to a lady and she turns into a skeleton that was kind of freaky.
Kind of dumb but it got to me when I was much younger.

The Parasite Eve games could be pretty creepy, that scene with the lady in the cafe in 2 was particularly awful.
>>
>>15318479

I have fucking tried for years to get Uboa to show up. I have turned that god damn light on and off so many fucking times AND entered and exited that fucking room.

Why has Uboa never fucking shown up for me even once? Am I just not fucking good enough? Is that it? Because you know what? He's not so fucking great either.

Fuck Uboa.
>>
>>15312806
metro 2033 had pretty good atmosphere
i replayed recently on the xbone my friend borrowed me
so good

there was a game for ps1 called guardian's crusade
I fucking loved that game but somehow it got into uncanny valley sometimes
>>
>>15314619
Condemned really fucked me up when I was younger. It felt like an endless sewer of hell that you couldn't escape and there was no one to help you as the monsters drew in closer.

The final level gave me nightmares.
>>
>>15318532
five nights at freddies looks so god damn boring....
I have no mouth is a good story though.
>>
Silent Hill: The Room
I've never like monsters you can't kill so fuck those ghosts. Also how they follow you everywhere even going through the walls so you never feel safe.
>>
>>15314010
stand veeery far away. zoom in and mash fire like a motherfucker until he collapsed. repeat for every one of them.
>>
File: 1408594744464.jpg (90KB, 475x339px) Image search: [Google]
1408594744464.jpg
90KB, 475x339px
>>15316338
What the fuck, man.
>>
File: why.jpg (38KB, 486x768px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
38KB, 486x768px
These motherfuckers.
>play at night
>innawoods in game
>hear their fucking voice
god fucking damnit
>>
>>15316339
That fucking shit scared my fucking pants off
>>
>>15313921
ecco the dolphin? Fuck that final boss
>>
File: sweet home.png (127KB, 384x348px) Image search: [Google]
sweet home.png
127KB, 384x348px
>>15318532
Oh damn Sweet Home was great. I think I recall what you're talking about, too. There were also these fuckers walking around that were spooky as shit.
>>
The medical area in Bioshock got to me. The rest of the game was almost comfy, but med center was a nightmare.

>>15317225
I actually thought leading up to that part that they were going to stop at "homo's scary bro" and thought that was pretty pathetic for how good the rest of it had been. That made the first body they show even more of a shock.

But Trager was still the worst to me. The fact that he was intentionally being as sadistic as he could, restraining people and leaving them to die by bleeding out slowly and basically rotting alive made him an absolute monster. His intro scene and the fact that you leave all those people there were honestly haunting.
>>
Barbarian on amiga, the wizard boss at the end. That fucking laugh and the red color.

Metroid on nes, and other old games with big, surreal worlds, like turrican and backlash. More eerie than scary. It's like those places exist but are forsaken and desolate. Same with old WoW places, aq20 in particular.

It came from the desert, no explanation necessary.

Neverwinter nights, the after death wintry place. Unsettling.

And computer viruses scared me when i was a kid, particurlarly the sca amiga virus.
>>
The first boss in diablo, The Butcher holy shit fuck that guy
>>
>>15318657
I loved Condemned (bought it on a whim over a year after initial release) so when I heard it was getting a sequel I preordered the shit out of it. I excitedly picked up my copy on day one and raced home to start it up.

Very first level -- everything is super dark and there's this oozing black ichor EVERYWHERE. In the streets, all over the walls and floors of buildings, sometimes so thick it created stalactites or giant pulsing heaps that impeded progress.

"I can do this," I thought. "It's n-not that s-s-spoopy."

Then these hideous skinny little.....people-things start randomly popping out of the black ichor (they're totally black and featureless too) and I realize that they can and will spawn anywhere at any time and I never see them until they're screeching in my face and wailing on me.

Turned it off. "Guess I'll beat this game next year..."

I don't think I even played it a second time until over 6 months later. In the daytime. With all the lights on.
>>
>>15312806
For a long moment there, I thought only the guy on the front right was the weirdo.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 566x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 566x318px
This game was absolutely terrifying. I loved it.
>>
Myst was eerie too, when it came out. Something really off with the whole place, the mix of old and futuristic, the emptiness, and the distorted graphics. I hated going down to the underwater bedrooms (or was that riven).
>>
>>15318868
He just fucking runs at you, and you die a million times before you find a way to kill him.
>>
>>15318643
I think Uboa was never meant to be this popular, but rather designed to fuck with that one lonely player who turned off the lights, and the probability (1/64) is just low enough to seem to be a myth but not so low that nobody ever gets it.
So this guy would talk about this to his friends, but it would never happen and they'd get bored and call him a faggot, but he'd know damn well what happened.
>>
File: lepunt.gif (1000KB, 500x191px) Image search: [Google]
lepunt.gif
1000KB, 500x191px
>>15314221
You are missing out on a lot of curb stomping with mah bro Isaac. Sad.
>>
>>15316238
Thought this was a pasta at first glance lel.
>>
File: Yet_another_Giygas_by_TurboJUK.png (466KB, 4004x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Yet_another_Giygas_by_TurboJUK.png
466KB, 4004x3000px
>>15317184
It's more of a portrayal of what their spirits inside those robots are going through, but I admit it seemed like a big mistake to me too at first.

>>15317317
I wouldn't say terrifying except certain moments, but it's /x/ as fuck. Threed alone should be enough to intrigue any /x/phile, it was my favorite town for the longest time.

Aliens
Robots
Magic
Psychic powers
Zombies
Ghosts
Monsters of all kinds
Final villain that's basically like an eldritch abomination yet still tragic
Still manages to be quirky and funny and endearing at the same time
>>
>>15315061
that model looks like shit
>>
>>15316926
My first NOPE
>>
>>15319324
Yeah man. It's almost as if the game is, like, fifteen years old or something.
>>
The haunted house level in Vampire Bloodlines won a lot of awards at the time. It was scary and the level had a self contained story.The game is worth playing, even if you dont like it, just to play that level. (Though RPG fans might enjoy the leveling anyway, if not the rest of the game)

The stalker series, when in the villiage near the military camp, there can be a controller, and bloodsuckers. Both are tactically difficult to fight, especially at the same fucking time. Controllers can cause wierd noises, frequencies and voices to come from your speakers, and bloodsucker are invisible half of the time that you fight them. It combines creepy with tense, it was a memorable moment for me.

As mentioned, condemned criminal origins has some excellently designed creep moments, and the penumbra series too, because you are never very powerful, and must survive on thinking (unless you are the save and reload 100 times type), and the enemy is unexplained.
>>
>>15319327
>go back to tumblr
>>
>>15319330
At the time I thought the level with the Snuff film in Vampire Bloodlines was the creepiest.
>>
>>15318989
Google says Silent Hills? Thought that looked interesting, on the hunt for new scurry gaemze.

Personally, loved Dead Space for the scares because it taught you NOTHING was safe. Not empty rooms, not elevators, not corpses, opening your inventory, benches, silence, noise, inside or outside: nothing. That's just the game mechanics working like they should, I guess. Decontamination Chambers were the fucking worst though.

Are there any nopes to be had from Alien: Isolation?
>>
>>15319342
oh shit, I forgot all about that, those creatures, that was uncomfortable
>>
>>15318192
thats happened to me on an emulated version of paper mario, so i think that game is just cursed
>>
>>15317260
>How nice! A light in this darkness, why is it moving?
>Valtielhumpsyou.png
>>
Manhunt. The eerie soundtrack and sometimes empty already disturbing places were creepy. It was rife with potential jumpscares that never came, which made it even more scary.
>>
>>15312806
[spoiler]Dead Space[/spoiler]
>>
File: darkruinsman.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
darkruinsman.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
This level always gave me a weird vibe.
>>
Mother
Fucking
Glover
>>
bumpity
>>
File: fuckin masks.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin masks.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>15318767

What? I was a fucking kid.
>>
>>15312806
Morrowind. This fucking game. Walking in the ashlands during a storm. Weird sounds, shit coming outa nowhere. Made me jump out of my seat.
>>
>>15318688

Yeah? I'm kind of a on a point n' click kick right now, and I might toss it on the burner, so long as it doesn't get so bogged down in ridiculous puzzles that you can't enjoy the story without a walkthrough.
>>
File: 1394674159549.jpg (63KB, 599x586px) Image search: [Google]
1394674159549.jpg
63KB, 599x586px
>>15313921
understandable, but do you have to use so many curse words?
>>
>>15316338

...is that Squidward?
>>
>>15322852

Dead Space is about as scary as Left 4 Dead, which is not at all.
>>
>>15324766
He was fookin scared m8...like REALLY FOOKIN FOOKBALLS level of terror, lemme tell ya. It was like he nearly shat himself a new AZhole that's how dic-lickin' scurry it was boyo.
>>
I don't play a lot of horror games, but Middens is extremely good and I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested in RPG maker games or surreal horror.
>>
turok 2 was serious
>>
File: Madden_NFL_98_Coverart.png (110KB, 256x310px) Image search: [Google]
Madden_NFL_98_Coverart.png
110KB, 256x310px
>>15324883
that game is horrifying
>>
>>15324986
[spoiler]aeiou[/spoiler]
>>
>>15317172
>Stars running up to you while you're still in the scope

Well fuck me tender.

>>15318989
I thought P.T. was great. It was so nice looking that I wish we could have seen more.
>>
File: Scraper_sh3.jpg (160KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Scraper_sh3.jpg
160KB, 1280x1024px
>>15312979
>not silent hill 3

Maximum pleb

3 is obviously the scariest and most terrifying

Theres something quite comforting about 2 whereas 3 is just pure hell
>>
>>15324766

Sorry maaaaah.
>>
>>15318810
ETD's opening made me piss myself, fuck the final boss.
>>
>>15318868
>>15319359
these things are both correct
>>
>>15325049
Mah nigga, 3 is spooky as fuck, especially the chapel
>>
>>15325634
3 was definitely scarier for me. 1 and two were tamer, sort of abiding by the limits of what the ESRB would let them do while 3 just knocked it out of the park. The amusement park was like a fucking punch to the mouth, especially the haunted house. One time I was watching my sister play 3, she was going through the haunted house and it was the first time either of us had seen it, and as soon as that fuckin' "billy" thing happened our fire alarms went off because some water leaked into a downstairs alarm. Scared us shitless.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (18KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
18KB, 192x263px
This motherfucker right here.
>>
>>15326411
I could never beat that shit. Fuckin hard.
>>
ghost vibration on ps2..mmm...
>>
>>15317069

missed to play rule of rose during my ps2 days. hope lparchive got one playthru. otherwise the graphic would feel shitty i dont even bother playing
>>
File: tappajavaisto.jpg (2MB, 1391x995px) Image search: [Google]
tappajavaisto.jpg
2MB, 1391x995px
Fuck this was scary ;_;
>>
>>15326347
haha damn, i woulda freaked out if the fire alarm went off at the same time as billy popped out, but seriously 3 is really unsettling for me, first time you walk into the otherworld hospital blew me away
>>
>>15316276
>>15316326
>>15316504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJEZ16CfMkQ

Wow... Yeah... I have never been so euphoric.
>>
>>15329406
I can't imagine giving something like that to a child and passing it off as a "Christian Game."

Some Christians love to scare the living crap out of their kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogSIIlt0_bI

Power through fear, and all.
>>
>>15329343
yeah, we flew down the stairs and ended up sobbing all over our mom about "billy" and "bunnies" while my dad shut down the breakers to fix the alarms. so, i went from billy+fire alarms to silent, utter darkness in a mater of two minutes. worst night of my life, and thats considering I've had some SHITTY nights.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7Os-_BJMo

conan shits on your 'scary' vidya
>>
>>15329430
damn man, well that's one way to make a scene from a game stand out haha
>>
>>15329448
I still have not tried to beat it a second time. I was scared fucking shitless my entire playthrough.
>>
>Playing GTA: SA a few years ago
>While walking around, the ground suddenly disappeared and it resulted in CJ falling through the sky
>As CJ lands on the ground again (in the airport I think???) after falling for about a minute, his wanted level had gone from 0 to maximum and he had lost most of his health
>The airport was swarming with cops so I had CJ run and explore the area
>Ended up in a small lake with a ton of dead people floating around
>Got shot, game over

First and only glitch I've ever encountered in a game, it scared me from using my PS2 for a good week.

Besides that, I remember that the Myst games spooked me as a kid. I'm sure I'd still be spooked if I played them even now. Always expected something creepy to jump out and somehow had a hard time accepting that I was all alone in the game.
>>
>>15329490
i definitely recommend it, the last area, is probably the scariest in the entire game
>>
To this day I still can't handle Clock Tower. When I attempt to play it on my emulator, I always wig out and can't do it. I seriously haven't gone longer than 5 minutes, I have no idea what the gameplay is even really like.
>>
>>15312806

aww /v/'s first cross board thread.

This thread has way to much activity to be /x/.
>>
File: TheHorror.jpg (38KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
TheHorror.jpg
38KB, 620x375px
>>15312806
>>
>>15318818
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was freaked out by that place in Bioshock. The scene where you first get the shotgun and all the lights go out except for that emergency light scared the shit out of me. I got spooked by Hephaestus too. The game itself is pretty claustrophobic, but when you put lava, splicers, and big daddies all in one place, it's just a giant shitfest.
>>
>>15326411
>>15327838
I did. After 3 or 4 times Jason will finally give it up. The secret is to get all the fireplaces lit ASAP.
>>
>>15329891
>implying /v/ talks about video games
>implying /x/ doesn't
>>
The Original Silent Hill.

some parts of Portal and Half Life 2.

Some parts of resident evil.

Left 4 Dead can be... suspenseful, I guess. Not really scary though.
>>
>>15329493
Yeah Myst had a bit of an eerie vibe. The extreme loneliness was just messed up.
>>
>>15330280
No shit?
I ain't played it since I was a wee one.
Long since lost my nes.
>>
>>15330009
I remember the water being a whole lot more browner. This was pretty scary though
>>
>>15330296
>/v/ doesn't talk about videogames
I take it you discovered 4chan in 2012 and up and you just parrot everything you hear
>>
>>15330712
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>15317172
Jesus Christ this is horrifying
>>
>>15318818
fuck yes, and then when you would sharply turn around, and there would be a doctor behind you like fucking sniffing your neck, FUCK, spooky shit
>>
>>15330731
See what I mean? next you're going to post the redditor face smiley
>>
the psychiatric hospital in thief:deadly shadow was pretty spooky, at least until you figure out the puppets can be killed with fire arrow.
>>
Condemned: Criminal Origins
>>
File: dinosaur boy and lizard gal.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur boy and lizard gal.gif
3MB, 200x170px
Daggerfall creeps me the fuck out in the wilderness. Just knowing how huge and empty it is, I guess.

Surprised there aren't any creepy noodles about it.

Any other games that are creepy becasue they are so old?
>>
>>15316339
This. Until this day I haven't been able to finish Tomb Raider Underworld.
>>
I have to say, SCP Containment Breach is the scariest game i've played recently. Everyone knows about SCP 173, but the others are no less scary. I think the farthest I ever got in the game was when I got captured by SCP 106 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-106) where I got lost in its weird nightmare realm and wore me down until it killed me.
>>
the halting music around the kitchen area in RE1. its nothing now, but back then...jesus
>>
>>15318657
I loved the first condemned.
I got it at blockbuster when it first came out because I had my jaw wired shut and couldn't play outside. I was drinking tons of codeine at the time because of my jaw and it made that game so fucking magical and perfect. I hated the second one though
>>
>>15314010
holy shit anon, fucking this right here. the realization you just accidentally let two out of cages and they're walking right towards you
>>
>>15318403
>the SJW boogeyman!

Shut the fuck up already
>>
>>15318392
>implying 2011 is any different from this year

Everything is literally the same.
>>
The Suffering
>>
>>15312806
abes oddesy
>>
Surely I can't be the only one. A skeleton, quite literally, pops out.
>>
>>15330751
:^)
>>
>>15318302
Dude I fucking love this movie. An actually scary movie that didn't need a bunch of jumpscares or violence (I love violent slasher movies but still).
>The part where she's locked in the basement with the match and the hands clap
>>
I can't find anyone else who's played this game, but something about the atmosphere in it scared the shit out of me as a kid
>>
>>15330831
Surprisingly, I found vampire the masquerade to be pretty spooky
>>
>>15318192
>>15320631
That's weird...I think the same thing happened to mine at some point, now that I think about it,
and it scared the living shits out of me.
>>
File: shit.gif (999KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
999KB, 500x265px
the moment of realization right after this line.
I had to just set down the controller and think for a bit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>15322858
haha, i feel you m8, that level kinda spooked me as a kid

also, i doubt anyone has played this, but the Mouna Temple from Musashi: Samurai Legend always freaked me out. all the enemies in that game had an odd vibe to them but the temple was just blarg
the music was a cool kind of spooky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwfx2W3X3BU
>>
>>15317686
The only case where the game shits on the book/original media, fuck that stupid revolver shotgun though, unloads the 5 shells at the same time and takes almost a minute to reload, i dont even know how that shit works.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
RE4, wasn't really scary except for this fuckers

>>15330710
It was. Apparently the photo is missing the water texture
>>
>>15318403
dis nigga serious

you must be new to /x/ then, vidya pastas are stale as fuck now, even the wiki doesnt accept them anymore

>hurr u guise didnt like my spooks storey so u must be the SJWs lelele trolled hard
>in this moment i feel euphoric

back to /pol/ champ
>>
>>15318479
You're very lucky because i've been trying for a year now with no results, after an hour of trying i just say fuck it and play something else.
>>
>>15331418
This (the Uninvited) plus Shadowgate and Deja Vu all had their moments. Deja Vu had a few parts where you walk into a room with a dead body. Not the pinnacle of horror, but when you are 10 years old. Plus the Grim Reaper in Shadowgate was quick to grab your ass every time you messed up.

>>15330636
Jason would be knocked out and the text would say something like "Jason is back alive and he is stronger and faster". Towards the end he is like the roadrunner on meth. Lighting the fireplaces gets you the strongest weapon in the game a Torch.

Also Maniac Mansion for the NES is a good Halloween game. Sneaking around a mansion where people actually live can be hectic and nerve wracking. Plus the generally wacky/spooky B-movie vibe is great.

Lots of NES games hold a special place in my heart. It gets cold early here, so that plus the waning sunlight made this time the perfect time to play some games.
>>
>>15330710
>>15331669

Naw guys. The water is clear like that when you swim. Just when viewed from the top it looks murky and gross.
>>
>>15329493
Mah nigga, something similar happened to me on SA

>playing at 1 pm in ps2 because mom didnt like the game, san andreas was new at the time
>be building up bike resistance/stamina/whatever
>just doing random shit on bike near the beach
>suddenly fall thru the ground
>after 30 seconds of falling i end up in area 69 without my bike and just one hit away from death, i didnt even knew this place existed at the time
>get spooked because i have 6 stars and i dont know where i am
>steal a taxi near the roads
>suddenly a police car rams me, errybody shooting at me
>end up in a little cabin near the water
>fuckers ram my car again and it falls in the water
>i die, never play at 1 am again

You gotta understand that this was 2004, i was 16, the game was only a week old and i had no computer
>>
>>15314637
Holy shit that version looks like shit. Ps2?
>>
>>15331781
Do you even emulation faggot? Everything console looks like shit on PC
>>
Lets talk chainsaw guys. Like pic related in Castlevania 64. Not scary to look at, but scary as fuck when you first meet him.

The giant chainsaw guy in the RE4 challenge stages.

The chainsaw boss in Splatterhouse. TheTG16 game was ok, but the arcade version was much better.

There is just something about a crazy chainsaw dude that makes my balls crawl up into my intestines.
>>
File: Castlevania (U) (V1.2) snap0009.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania (U) (V1.2) snap0009.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>15331812
Forgot the pic.
>>
File: katabasisBoxShot_B.jpg (49KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
katabasisBoxShot_B.jpg
49KB, 480x600px
Katabasis is loaded with atmosphere, but not jumpscares.
Also, Where am I?... http://www.parsecproductions.net/games/whereami.html
>>
it's kind of hard to explain, but after i've finished an area in a game and i need to go back through it for what ever reason. i always get freaked out, it's so eerie and i feel an urge to gtfo out of there. not necessarily
like something is chasing me, i just get really anxious and start freaking out. anyone know what i'm talking about?
>>
>>15331526
That's pretty surprising seeing as it is a horror game and all, as opposed to some other genre that's supposed to scare you.
>>
>>15331856
Sort of. Like that empty feeling of the areas you clear in MGS when you have to back track?
>>
>>15331883
yeah, i don't know why but that shit gets to me.
>>
>>15331856
Haha yes. I got that mostly when I was younger but sometimes still today.

The worst for me is [spoiler]falling through the floor forever down a never ending abyss[/spoiler]
>>
>>15331887
skyboxes also spook my guts off
>>
>Ctrl+F "Tower of Latria"
>0 results
The first playthrough of Demon's Souls is creepy as fuck, the fucking tower is the worst but the tunnels before Flamelurker are horrifying as well.

The game that I found most horrifying was LSD, though. It depends on your luck but that game can be fucking horrible.
>>
File: dick kickem.png (224KB, 826x339px) Image search: [Google]
dick kickem.png
224KB, 826x339px
>>15331890
What exactly is it about them that stooks you?

>>15331893
Every time I encounter the grey hat guy I just close the emulator. I just can't handle that shit.
>>
>>15331898
i don't know really, mainly because they're completely empty and silent. especially in older games with low res textures.
>>
>>15331887

I got a good creep out while following the lower right path in Skyrim to nowhere. The trees start glitching, it's completely empty and you can see a bottomless ocean. I was such a pussy I turned back. Just thinking I may fall through at any moment freaking me out.
>>
>>15331864
It's not a horror game actually but okay, dick
>>
>>15315276
SH2 may not be very scary, but it leaves a weird empty feeling in you. Like it was just an oppressive game..
>>
>>15317172
Dafuq? Holy hell.
>>
>>15331848
>whereami

nice
>>
File: worlds.jpg (27KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
worlds.jpg
27KB, 250x318px
Worlds...
>>
>>15331919
What is it then? Do you remember the haunted house and snuff film parts?
>>
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh6YGcsFjO8 the part where the dude gets decapitated fucked my world up at 7 years old. 25:30 for that part in this vid
>>
oblivion and morrowinde
>>
>>15331968
That's not a game, it's a nightmare simulator.
>>
>>15314137
I couldn't finish amnesia due to boredom my brother recommended it to me but I just couldn't do it due to my sheer amount of boredom.
>>
>>15314888
Wow someone actually remembers those games? I'm not the only one who remembers them.
>>
>>15331923
I was dead inside before playing number 2 so I didn't feel empty per se.
>>
Tomb Raider 3, Antarctica with the mutants everywhere.

40 Winks (ps1) had a strange sort of atmosphere
>>
File: eternal_ring_004[1].jpg (16KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
eternal_ring_004[1].jpg
16KB, 300x210px
>>15332127
Also, I forgot to add, Eternal Ring for ps2
>>
>>15312806

lol, I couldn't play the 2nd level of the medal of honor game for the ps1. The dogs attacking you was too much for me, I always had my brother play that level.
>>
>>15318260
>between 2005 and 2009 I would pause every Youtube video in the beginning, turn down my volume, and go to the end to make sure there wasn't a screamer

My nigger. I still have nightmares where I know a screamer is coming but I can't do anything to stop it
>>
File: ReDead_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (119KB, 319x840px) Image search: [Google]
ReDead_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
119KB, 319x840px
These fuckers.

Not helped by the fact that when I first played the game, I was around 10, had no idea what I was doing, and gamesharked the hell out of the game, so that the first time I entered the Hyrule Market, I went straight to the temple, became adult, and returned into a town squared filled with these horrible things.

Also, the mask transformation animations in Majora's Mask. Especially the Zora.
>>
>be me
>10
>playing a download ver. of shattered memories on my PSP
>got to the country side area
>went out of the cabin and monster started chasing me through the woods

now im not sure if this was some sort of sound glitch or if it was part of the game but, there was someone laughing in the background as i was running through the woods

>
>>
>>15331605
You know Vincent actually was joking when he said that
>>
>>15332417
This happened to me, minus the game shark.I was six when I got the game and my older neighbor played portions of it every day and is take it home and just fuck around in the castle or something. Then he got to the master sword, so when I rushed home and plugged in my cartridge, and ran out into the castle town, I paused it, called my parents into the room and sounded like an idiot as I tried to explain to my parents why I couldnt go on Because of "zombies"
>>
>>15317655
Because he was originally gonna be indian or something. but shit was changed because reasons
>>
>>15316339
Same here. Underwater is so fucking spooky to me, I feel like it is because I KNOW the developers could put anything they want in there and I wouldn't know.

I am afraid of ocean in real life if I can't see the bottom.

I played GTA V when it first came out online, and when my jetski fucking died in the middle of the ocean, bringing me down with it... not a good time.
>>
File: SA-X_Closeup.png (114KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
SA-X_Closeup.png
114KB, 480x320px
THIS son of a bitch right here. Probably the only "horror" game on GBA. Playing this as a kid and seeing the SA-X pop up out of fucking NOWHERE was scary as shit. Those Chase sequences where absolutely frantic and horrifying. And don't let this motherfucker catch you off guard.
>>
>>15325049
>not silent hill 1
The pleb to end all plebs

The atmosphere, soundtrack and difficulty makes it unequaled
>>
>>15313988
Omega Pirate stopped me progressing in that game for months when I was younger. Fucking fantastic boss.
>>
>>15318315
where is this gif from?
>>
>>15332853
I was fucking TERRIFIED of the SA-X as a kid.
>>
>>15332853
Looking back that was pretty well done
>>
Man, I bet all the nerds...er, video game connoisseurs will laugh but as a little kid the dark and foggy flood levels in Halo CE and Halo 2 spooked me out. Walking through a silent level with low ammo on a BR, and outta nowheres you hear "RAAAWWRNG" and you see an ally all messed up and nasty, gave me the chills. Nowadays Amnesia and some indie games can give me the sp00ks.
>>
>>15331893
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4p4655um9wcfzan/LSD+Collectors+Edition.7z

ENJoY!
>>
>>15333065

Its a universal truth that The Library on Halo:CE was one of the scariest levels in a video game. Especially at the time as well as the fact it was an unexpected shift in atmosphere for most players.
>>
>>15314221
Chapter 4, where you have to shoot those fucking asteroids. I was stuck there for like, 2 weeks trying to beat that part.
>>
File: colonel_4852.jpg (9KB, 135x196px) Image search: [Google]
colonel_4852.jpg
9KB, 135x196px
This spooked the shit outta me when I was a kid. I refused to answer the codec. That whole reality breaking segment was pretty unsettling, really.
>>
>>15312806
outlast
>>
>>15324504
Am I the only person that ever found that random mage that falls from the sky with those mega jump spells?
>>
>>15324531
I think he means the actual story/novelette, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. That shit is so well written. Although, I have heard good things about the game. Especially about the meathooks.
>>
>>15318479
man I fucking love Yume Nikki, no idea why but despite the lack of a proper story and all that it's one of my favourite games

personally I was most spooked by FACE, probably because you're forced to watch/listen to this shit for atleast 10 seconds unless you close the game (I was playing on fullscreen too)
>>
>>15333197
Interesting theory about FACE I saw on Uboachan a couple of years ago was that it represents Madotsuki being raped. Somebody did an outline on it in MS Paint that looked like her outline being POV held down and raped.
>>
File: 1413139802018.gif (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1413139802018.gif
20KB, 300x300px
Is this whole thread just for /v/ to collect intel and win our hearts for the winter ball?
>>
>>15333238
We've had these kinds of threads for years.
>>
>>15333238
adventure time fucking sucks dick
>>
File: 1412816159005.jpg (72KB, 1021x603px) Image search: [Google]
1412816159005.jpg
72KB, 1021x603px
>>15333238
>>
>>15333275
>not knowing /x/-tan
fucking newfag.
>>
>>15333284
you're going to get aids the next time you get drunk and fuck randomly without consent
>>
File: 1413059013758.png (69KB, 1024x510px) Image search: [Google]
1413059013758.png
69KB, 1024x510px
>>15333238
good girl
>>
>>15333289
And how would a centaur know this?
>>
>>15333299
>Update

it smells like pikachu's asshole
>>
>>15333300
Nice quaddubs. Still didn't answer the question.
>>
>>15333306
because if you're going to be a neophyte, your options are 'Or Suicide', and that means that this country's founders worked so hard for nothing.

A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything.
>>
>>15333317
Is it time to be an hero?
>>
>>15318792
Glad to see Gothic 2 mentioned. Most athmospheric Action RPG of all times.

Fuck TES btw.
>>
>>15333321
Ahahahhahahahahaha

Is it time for me to start believing in the powers I have? Or is it time for you to shut the fuck up? Or, are both of us crazy, and is the great wheel in the sky just gonna keep on turning?

How about you rethink your life, and leave me alone? :)
>>
>>15318866
Alien Breed was kinda creepy too, alone on a spaceship full of aliens...
>>
>>15333327
Oh, hey, namefag, while you're at it, what is your favourite horror game?
>>
Dark Seed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZIxxCOC43o
>>
>>15333343
Why would i waste my money on a horror game?
>furcadia
>>
>>15333343
wc3 custom maps
>>
>>15333360
Interesting question. Any free ones you enjoy? Or are you juat gonna be a colossal faggot and shit up the thread?
>>
>>15333365
this isn't /v/

how are horror video games paranormal?

/x/-tan is such a good beta bitch
>>
>>15333367
And how is being a cunt paranormal?
>>
>>15333367
You must not have been here very long. Read the rules.
>>
File: 1412784447368.jpg (52KB, 460x457px) Image search: [Google]
1412784447368.jpg
52KB, 460x457px
>>15333370
>>15333371

where's jeff the killer threadz m8?
this is gettin quite boring. Nothin paranormal about bureaucratic bullshit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRdmx2mHpxs

consider the following
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.