[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Divination Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: crystal ball.jpg (8KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
crystal ball.jpg
8KB, 400x224px
We don't we have a thread like this yet?

I'll start dumping some books and links and feel free to contribute if you want, and ask questions/deliver help on the subject here.

btw let's please not focus on tarot? I created this thread so we could spread our knowledge on so many methods of divination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_divination

Chiromancy
http://psychiclibrary.com/beyondBooks/palmistry-room
http://www.paralumun.com/palmistry.htm

Physiognomy
http://www.2knowmyself.com/face_reading/learn_face_reading

VERY reliable website about nordic runes
http://www.runemaker.com/casting2.shtml
>>
For my personal divination so far, I've accumulated the following tools and tested them out.

Tarot Cards: The method I've had the most success with, my go-to if I ever feel like doing a general reading for my day or when I'm feeling conflicted.

Scrying via Pendulum: My sister, a practicing witch, got me a pendulum as a gift because I have a habit of hanging things from my desk. I wouldn't call it reliable. I've heard a lot of people who use them say that you have to 'tune' them, so I've been using it off and on for half a year now with results that make me rather skeptic. Maybe try it with different materials?

I Ching: Very reliable, likely moreso than Tarot in my experience. Very direct form of divination. I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for a new method.

Palmistry: Tried it off and on, never had much luck, not experienced enough and have a hard time really learning the art.

Anyone have tips for scrying and palmistry? They seem unreliable, but I've heard people swear by them.
>>
Bump
I do tarrot and i want to learn MOREE..
>>
>>15213138
>Scrying via Pendulum
I'm very skeptical when you talk about scrying it above some words like "yes, no, maybe" but when you want like to find someone lost or something, you can scry a crystal for it to point the desired direction to him.

>Palmistry
I dont got much learning myself because i'm focused onto different kind of readings, but Palmistry is VERY reliable. It even got science proof etc. The problem is to find and separate the genuine palmistry (generally refered as Chiromancy) and the lucky shot bullshit.

Read this http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/episodes/episode-guides/embarrassing-bodies-series-6/episode-3--caerphilly/brain-gender/
>>
>>15213144
What do you wanna learn more about on tarot?
>>
>>15213138
>I Ching: Very reliable, likely moreso than Tarot in my experience. Very direct form of divination. I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for a new method.

Agreed. Much more practical than the tarot, I find.
>>
>>15213096
Thanks for your recommendations. I-ching has gotten my attention before but I've never tried it. I'll be sure too in the near future. I've done various stuff (tarot, pendulum, dowsing rods, fire, water, being shown shapes or having direction pointed by trees or animals, pure intuition, etc.) but I'm not that great at any. I think tarot has given me the best results so far, but I have been successful with the others numerous times. As for the pendulum, the key is much more within yourself than in the material or some tuning process. Those may help, but the key is being clear and open (almost trancey but doesn't have to be so deep) and to receive the answers while not hoping for one or the other. It can be pretty tricky unless I'm in the right state of mind. I have a friend who is a past life regression therapist whose very experienced with clearing distractions and focusing on that state. His pendulum work is pretty damn solid. Also, per his recommendation, I only use yes or no. Giving options like "maybe" can just ass confusion.
>>
>>15213619
add confusion* lol
>>
File: afterlife.jpg (34KB, 550x286px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife.jpg
34KB, 550x286px
Divination is my jam... so to speak. One of the corner stones of the occult. I love reading and studying about divination. I practice too, here are some of the ones I know
>Bibliomancy
>Tasseomancy
>Capnomancy
>Scry
>Tarot
>Palmistry
>Pendulums
>Aichmomancy
Etc.

I've always wanted to get into I-Ching. But I've never had the resources (the almanac, hexagonal coins, etc.) - I've heard it's quite extensive. From what I've read, it seems very accurate/fun.

Same goes for Runes. Never owned or made my rune set before. But I do have reading material to reference what they mean, how to divine meaning, etc.

With palmistry, I feel like it covers more of the personality traits or is indicative of the querent's behavior as a person/whole - moreso than the future. But there are some aspects of "fortune telling" in there.
>>
I'm going to ask a question. Now I don't care how you get your answers, what method you're using, etc. Hell. I don't even expect an answer to my question, just a post.

I don't know your method, so here's some general information about myself.

My name is Anthony. I am 19 years of age. I have a knack for drawing, specifically eyes. My sunsign is Capricorn.

For as long as I can remember I've felt imprisoned in a space of corrupted emotion. Like a cloud that looms overhead, following you constantly. I wish to know more about it. Why it follows me, where it came from, and how to get rid of it.

Basically everything reminds me of that dark cloud. I want it to go away.
How can I achieve this?

Thank you for your consideration.
>>
>>15213905
Sounds like depression or a related condition to me. Are you depressed? Do you think it feels sentient in any way?
>>
>>15213912
Id say it's depression, but it's so damn persistent that I can't wrap my head around it. I have no reason to be depressed. I live a better life than most people, and yet I can't keep myself from feeling all gloomy and shit. It makes np sense to me.
>>
>>15213912
And the only sentient quality I can notice is that it comes and goes, and when it gets really muddy, for some reason, it gets pushed back like the depression is being fought off. But I know it'll return again at a later time. It always does. Whether it be minutes days or months. It comes around.
>>
>>15213917
Depression is fed by thoughts, but its not a logical thing. In the deepest pits of my past depressions even positive things like the support of loved ones or any other blessings that came my way were twisted by my mind into something to make me feel guilty or unworthy. Its all about acceptance of the current state and optimism for the future. All those self help books about the law of attraction and the power of "Now" are really on to something. I'm preoccupied now, but if you'd like later on I can shoot you a quick remote Reiki healing session to see if I can help or I sense anything more.
>>
Mine are:
Tarot
Oneiromancy
Apantomancy
Tasseography
Numerology
>>
>>15213950
Huh. Reiki healing sounds... intriguing. I tried getting into the whole energy-works scene from learning about prana and chi to performing elementary qigong exercises. I didn't get far with this however. I think I lacked motivation and cause to continue.

If you offer I'll accept. Give it a try and tell me what you feel. I'm too simple minded to understand loa beyond "I want, go and get".
>>
>>15213905
You're followed by chaos. You can't get rid of it so embrace it. Realize that you are one with the void, that it is all around you and meld into it. Fell empowered by it.
>>
>>15213967
Its sort of more "I want, so I'll think about having it til its given to me" but that's also pretty simplified. I'll send you some healing later on and if this thread is still alive I'll tell you what I find.
>>
>>15213905
No one has truly raised themselves alone - we all need help and seek it from time to time.

Divination comes in many forms. It can be as simple as advice. I'd personally seek professional help from a therapist, if I were in your situation.
>I was depressed a few years ago and sought counseling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOK1tKFFIQI
>>
>>15213968
Void sounds lovely. And I hate to sound pessimistic, but it's more like a silent scream than a screaming silence. It grabs your attention away from everything, even from the organized patterns of chaos. Maybe I should give in. Last time I tried my attitude tried to 180 and then I was back to square 1.
>>
>>15213968
Pretty edgy, and I don't think chaos feels like a cloud (more like a vaccuum or whirlpool to me.) The rest seems pretty good, though. Embracing entropy and allowing both good and bad things (friends, materials, money, pain, injury, grief, loved ones, etc.) to come and go on their own without actively trying to force them closer or away is a great practice and can do much for you in the form of acceptance. Very Zen, Anon. Well done.
>>
>>15213989
Tire yourself out with extreme mental or physical activity. Get into competitive League of Legends/ DOTA2. You'll use so much of that energy, whether it's chaotic or depression, getting mad at your teammates and yourself.

Then you'll truly know what letting go is.
>>
>>15213981
I... don't want to see doctors. I know where the feelings stemmed from. I used to take ritalin for my ADD. Those little suckers fucked me up emotionally. Rendered me a completely hollowed out human. I've been fine since I've been off them I've improved. But I don't want someone giving me meds for something meds have done.

But now the feelings have changed. They don't feel like the depression I had back then nor do they feel like the spikes in attitude. The depression I feel nowadays is constantly in motion. Disagreeing with the sunshine.
>>
>>15214005
Yeah. I do that by overthinking. That's when the attitude 180s and neutralizes itself.

>>15214004
I wasn't trying, but it does come off as edgy doesn't it?

>>15213979
I've heard it explained that way. Id have to honestly try it out for a while before I determine it's effectiveness. Ill keep this in mind.
>>
>>15213862
Have you ever head about something like "destiny reading"? This is the true porpuse for why I created this thread.
It's very autistic/schizo like everyone on the streets seems familiar to me. I can see into their past and future naturally. Sometimes I don't even need to se the person. I can see the "destiny" in the air. It's like the mystical tangle of chaos is clear to me.

And I can't find more about it anyware. Halp, someone?

>>15213905
Can you send me a photo of your face? Not a selfie would be better. A spontaneous shot would be perfect.
>>
>>15214040
You ask a lot of me. Id rather not have my face posted. However I can take a photo and send it via email. Id prefer keeping my anonymity.

I think these are called cold readings. Readings without tools.
>>
>>15214031
I apologize, I sensed a bit of troll in your comment and as I've been trying to shoo them off this board all morning I may have been overzealous with you. It is rather hard to talk about the darker/chaotic aspects of this stuff without sounding a little edgy. I misjudged your comment.
>>
Maybe we should start practicing some readings up in this bitch c:
>>15213096
>>
>>15214040
>"destiny reading"
If you want my honest opinion - I think we make our destiny. But there are "certainties" and near future things that are very discernible. The further you go out to sea - the harder it is to see the shoreline. Make sense?
>>
>>15214066
yeah i forgot sometimes that this is still 4chan

you cand send me here http://ask.fm/tiomalvado

fuck anonymity. 4chan can't send me pizza boxes couse i'm from a different country anyway

and thx for the cold reading thigy, but there are plenty of them. I need to find more about this one specific kind of cold readin
>>
>>15214091
Similarly, but I think that only people who are aware make their own destinies. Those who are not go where the tide takes them.
>>
>>15214091
yup, totally. Destiny is more like a very good suggestion on how to live a cool life. Suggestion that never comes directly to us perhaps lol
some perks of a person's destiny are fixed por life/soul and some are volatile, changing according to how you conduct your actions.

That's how i feel. And i feel so fucking schizo beucase sometimes on the crows i want to shout like YOU ARE ALL FUCKING NOT FOLLOWING YOUR DESTINY WELL OF COURSE YOUR LIFE SUCKS

pic: Magi, the destiny bender
>>
if any of you wants to practice their divination skills with whatever you practice, im up for skype calls anytime, just post your user ill add you right away
>>
>>15214110
I like your analogy - yes, people who "are taken by the tide" might feel like it is destiny. It may take realization.

>>15214116
Yeah, I believe the divine want what's best for us.
>>
>>15214135
same here
>>
>>15214136
hey are you up for giving readings at all right now?
>>
>>15214155
Sorry, not today. I have prior plans. I'll start a thread when I can. Perhaps there is another diviner who may be able to help you.

I can help you with this - ever get in touch with the divine lately? Ever take the reigns of your future?
>>
>>15214171
I have tarot cards, but I'm just really shitty at them, idk I practice and practice and it just sucks when I try to read
>>
>>15214082
I don't blame you. A lot of people are calling others out in this board. Its the prevalent culture that makes us type troll, shill, disinfo, and anything you can think of.

>>15214092
Alright. Ill send you my picture in a few minutes. I'm going to hheat up some food.
>>
>>15214177
Keep it up. There's no way to be gritty with untapped potentials. As I've learned.

The only shame is not using them. Heck, I even play games with them.
>>
I just don't really understand my deck and I try to get people to help me but no one ever answers >>15214185
>>
>>15214193
What questions do you have about the tarot?

Maybe these sites can help?
>learn tarot online
>tarotpedia
>biddy tarot

I'd be happy to try to answer too. Busy day.
>>
>>15214193
To be fair, I was trying to encourage you.
Sometimes you simply need more confidence to rekindle.
>>
anyone in this thread have any experience with lenormand?
>>
>>15214501
Tarot or Oracle cards?
>>
can Any of you recommend me some books on iching And palm reading?

I've been doing tarot for some Years And I'd like to expand so per say
>>
>>15214092
Ill have to take photo later. I've become preoccupied. Ill send it when I sneak in a chance. Thank you for your patience, op
>>
File: 824px-Francisco_de_Zurbarán_057.jpg (186KB, 824x1024px) Image search: [Google]
824px-Francisco_de_Zurbarán_057.jpg
186KB, 824x1024px
>>15213096

In addition to those slain in battle, the Israelites had put to the sword Balaam son of Beor, who practiced divination. Joshua 13:22

For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king." For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king." For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king." 1 Samuel 15:23

16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her. Acts 16:16-40

Cast out your demons and repent to Jesus Christ!
>>
>>15213967
Hey, man. Just finished your Reiki session. You definitely seem depressed. Your only chakra firing at a healthy capacity is your Root chakra. It deals with basic survival and financial security, which makes sense as you said you have a better life than most, I imagine you're usually safe and financially secure. I'd recommend doing a "letting go" style of meditation so just relax and be comfortable in the current moment. Also sunlight, healthy diet, exercise, socializing, picking up a new hobby, or even just watching funny movies can help over time. I wish you a quick recovery.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.