[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dyatlov Pass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

Is anyone else remotely curious about what happened? What could possibly exist in the 1950's that causes nine russians to rip out of their tents in the middle of the cold winter night and just run into the darkness?
>>
Avalanche
>>
>>14938152
>Everyone ran in different directions
>Rather than exit the front of the tent, they rip through the side
>Missing tongue
>Missing eyes

Sure kid.
>>
>>14938160
>Sure kid
>internettoughtguy.jpg
Consider the following. An avalanche occurs and destroys the campsite, covering it in snow. The campers are forced to cut there way out of the ruined tents and their clothes and boots are ruined due to being soaked in freezing temperatures. Thibeaux-Brignolles, Dubinina, Zolotariov, and Kolevatov were moving farther from the site to find help despite their remote location when they fell in the ravine where they were found – three of these bodies had major fractures. Being the only bodies with major injuries and lying 13 feet deep in a ravine could be considered evidence that they fell. The rest of them die later on from obvious causes. Predators come to the bodies and eat out the tongue and eyes because they are the warmest parts of the dead bodies. This is a common eating habit of carrion.
>>
>>14938178
>Guys our shit is soaking wet
>Better just walk in the cutting mountain wind naked

Your theory lose all probability right there
>>
File: history-channel-alien-guy-meme.jpg (29KB, 510x446px) Image search: [Google]
history-channel-alien-guy-meme.jpg
29KB, 510x446px
>>14938147
>>
>>14938190
What show is that from? It looks funny!
>>
>>14938184
This
>>
>>14938184
Risking death from hypothermia in less than 15 minutes because of soaking wet clothes in sub freezing temperatures sounds a lot worse than getting naked and enduring the conditions to survive a little longer. Do you have any actual theories or am I just wasting my time debating your pointless arguments?
>>
I got really into this incident this march. We had a wicked cold winter in this year in Minneapolis with temps close to those at the Dyatlov Pass so it was oddly relate-able. I dunno. Seems to me that the few that were found with the internal crushing injuries and mutilations, and also far away from the rest, could be explained by being dropped from a serious height? I lean toward UFOs but I believe in them anyways so its not a huge stretch in my mind.
>>
>>14938184
Inexperienced climbers who have just lost most of their supplies in the middle of the night dont always make rational decisions.
>>
>>14938198
Are you gonna give us something that doesn't sound completely retarded? Why would they wear just one shoe, and one sock? Why were some of them dressed and some not? Why would an avalanche cover just one side of the tent, but allow another side to just sit free and clear for them to cut through?
>>
>>14938204
except they all WERE experienced climbers and members of a college mountaineering club.
>>
>>14938210
This right here. They had the experience and discipline to get as far as they did, and then one night, suddenly get so spooked they cut themselves out of their tents and just run into the dark?

Let's assume it was an avalanche? Why not just remake a campfire? Something caused them to think, "We need to get the fuck away from here right now, fuck the shoes, fuck the clothes, I'm out."
>>
>>14938147
One of them probably farted in the tent.
>>
>>14938198
Actually they probably stripped as a result of paradoxical undressing. Any climber knows the only way to dry wet clohea on a mountain is to wear them. And even frozen wet clothing is preferable to being naked.

The datlov pass incident is only mysterious to those wih zero mountaineering experience
>>
>>14938208
Its more likely that the avalanche would have been small and caused by fresh snow because it was snowing at the time of the incident. Being that it was a small scale avalanche only some of them would have been covered by the snow, and so only some of them would have been wet, and so only some of them would have gotten undressed. This also probably caused them to make some irrational decisions on a spur.
>>14938225
>>14938225
>>14938225
>>14938225
This.
>>
>>14938238
>Avalanche guys seriously
So why the fuck was their skin orange?
>>
>>14938210
They were hobbiests out of their depth by all accounts.

>>14938219
Making fire in the middle of thr night when your gear is buried in snow aint easy. They likely cut their way out of their tents because the tents were covered in snow from the avalanche.
>>
>>14938225
>>14938238

samefag
>>
>>14938240
Nuclear radiation in the area, likely caused by government testing. 12-year-old Yury Kuntsevich, who would later become head of the Yekaterinburg-based Dyatlov Foundation , attended five of the hikers' funerals and recalls their skin had a "deep brown tan".
Some of the hikers' clothing (2 pants and sweater) were found to be highly radioactive.
Another group of hikers (about 50 kilometers south of the incident) reported that they saw strange orange spheres in the night sky to the north (likely in the direction of Kholat Syakhl) on the night of the incident. Similar "spheres" were observed in Ivdel and adjacent areas continually during the period of February to March 1959, by various independent witnesses (including the meteorology service and the military). These were later confirmed by Eugene Buyanov to be test launches of R-7 intercontinental missiles.
Some reports suggest that there was a great deal of scrap metal in the area and around the area, leading to speculation that the military had utilized the area secretly and might have been engaged in a cover-up.
The last camp of Dyatlov's group was located on direct way from Baikonur Cosmodrome (where some test launches of the R-7s were executed) to Chyornaya Guba, Novaya Zemlya archipelago (which was a major nuclear testing ground of the Soviet Union).
>>14938250
>>>/b/
>>
>>14938258
This is the best thing I've read on this thread so far.
>>
>>14938147
I say it was the Yeti
>>
>>14938258
Except that nuclear radiation doesnt cause tanning. The dark skin was likely aresult of normal decomposition in a cold environment. Which causes skin to darken and become leathery.

The claims of radiation have never been verified and seem to be the result of rumor.
>>
>>14938261

Please make it less obvious that you're praising yourself.
>>
File: white tears.gif (948KB, 318x162px) Image search: [Google]
white tears.gif
948KB, 318x162px
>>14938313
>looking at the timecode would prove to you it wasn't a samefag
>>
>>14938303
Actually makes good sense. That's the only part I've really been that skeptical of.
>>14938313
Please make it less obvious you're underage
>>
>>14938319

>mfw niggers think they're not subhumans these days
>>
>>14938147
The incredible Hulk.
radiation.
ripped from inside.
massive physical impact
>>
They froze to death. The reason they took off Their clothes is because when you're exposed to extreme colds over a period of time you actually start to feel "hot" and as your organs start shutting down, your critical reasoning skills go into the pooper and taking off your clothes to cool down seems like the thing to do.

Animals ate their eyes and tongues because soft tissue is delicious to them and the radiation bit was made up and added in later for suspense.
>>
Watching SCI too, anon?
>>
>>14938147
>What could possibly exist in the 1950's
it still exists in this year: interdimensional demonic beings. this shit happens around the world.
>>
>>14938390
>SCI
I walked into the kitchen for water and my folks are glued to the TV about this thing. Got me thinking about it again.
>>
The fictional found footage film about this us pretty good. I think it's called Devil's Pass.
>>
>>14938395
Like this thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsT6Ld-IOZk
>>
I personally think they were killed by the red army for some reason. Maybe they saw something they shouldn't have.
>>
>>14938390
>that picture they just showed
If that's actually legit, jesus christ
>>
THEY JUST FUCKING SHOWED THE YETI PIC ON TV.
>>
Holy fucking shit, if that pic they showed was actually taken back then, I'm fucking creeped out now.
>>
>>14938419
>>14938422
>>14938430
Everything about it screams fake, but I want to believe so fucking bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (727KB, 2047x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
727KB, 2047x2001px
>>14938419
>>14938422
>>14938430

HOLY FUCK
>>
>>14938448
>original negative is attached to the rest of the photographs taken
>Explains other pictures of the forest

OH MY FUCK
>>
>>14938448
Looks like a dude in a fucking ski mask.

What's the hype?`
>>
Any sources on the info in this show. I want to believe so bad.
>>
>>14938459
see
>>14938458

The original negative for this picture was attached to the rest of the original negatives taken from the camera the students had. The theory is that it's blurry because it was taken quickly, and there's a series of photos suddenly in the midst of the negatives of just the treeline, which clues into the idea whoever had the camera kept trying to get a snap of whatever it was.
>>
Russian military staking them confirmed.
>>
>>14938401

Cool. I'll watch it later.
>>
>that speed
>that scream

Fuck, that cell phone video they just showed was chilling
>>
Fug, that Russian vid.
>>
I didn't think a documentary on SCI of all channels would creep me out so much. Who else is watching it?
>>
>>14938497
I'm freaked out too. Even if it's fake, it's still pretty convincing.
>>
>>14938407
>Like this thing?
yeah, also stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2YJ_8b54BU

the fuckers appear out of nowhere to kill or kidnap people, they open dimensional portals.
>>
Joe Rogan needs to see this shit.
>>
>>14938504
>Even if it's fake
I want to call bullshit, but it's the fact the original negative was still attached that gets me...
>>
>>14938505

Isn't this similar to the plot of Devil's Pass, the movie based on the topic of this thread?

Wow.
>>
>>14938528

Yes.
>>
Is there somewhere to watch SCI online? My roommate is using the TV with the actual cable box.
>>
>>14938551

Don't know. The show is called "Russian Yeti: The Killer Lives". Might be a torrent somewhere.
>>
>>14938184
Paradoxical undressing.
Look it up.
>>
I dunno guys, I know this documentary is mainly meant to just make you think it's one thing when it could very well be something else, but I'm starting to think maybe there's something to this...
>>
The jews did this
>>
>>14938401
Is it on NetFlix?
>>
>>14938593
Yes it is
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STUPID FUCK DOING IN THE CAVES?!
>>
>those tiny holes in the tents facing the woods

Fuck man. That's one thing I never knew.
>>
>Hears a noise in the caves
>Runs off
>Finds another nest

Dude fuck that, I'd be gone.
>>
>>14938401
>Devil's Pass

Just finished watching it. Pretty good and pretty damn spooky. Ending was a twist. Didn't see that coming.
>>
Simple you would just need a very strong electromagnetic field to induce hallucinations, the right environment to induce fear. Then you stand back and watch the crazy. Powerful EMF is known to cause vivid and frightening hallucinations in humans. Could be purely natural since many places on the earth have varying strong EMF.
>>
>>14938204
There's your problem,
They were all said to have been very experienced climbers.
>>
Wendigo's Russian cousin.
>>
>>14938184
I was going to mention it but another anon did already. I saw this on some documentary where when people freeze to death, the result from their cells freezing solid and bursting creates heat, so the person thinks they are really hot and strip.

Sauce: http://www.weirdunive rse.net/blog/permalink/paradoxical_undressing/

Paradoxical undressing is a term for a phenomenon frequently seen in cases of lethal hypothermia. Shortly before death, the person will remove all their clothes, as if they were burning up, when in fact they are freezing. Because of this, people who have frozen to death are often found naked and are misidentified as victims of a violent crime. Why does this happen? According to M.A. Rothschild and V. Schneider, writing in the International Journal of Legal Medicine:

The reason for this paradoxical behaviour seems to be the effect of a cold-induced paralysis of the nerves in the vessel walls, which leads to a vasodilatation, giving a feeling of warmth. Another theory proposes that the reflex vasoconstriction, which happens in the first stage of hypothermia leads to paralysis of the vasomotor center giving rise to the sensation that the body temperature is higher than it really is and in a paradox reaction the person undresses.
>>
>>14938184
you have to move or else you will die
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.