[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creepy Games Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 22

File: lsd_017.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lsd_017.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
(Sorry if I'm on the wrong board to be posting this on I'm a little new)
Does anyone know any creepy games such as LSD Dream Emulator? I have had weird experiences with it. I've been searching for more games like it but no luck. I thought /x/ could share some experiences and such.
>>
Tetris
>>
Cryostasis
>>
>>14930755
sanic the game
>>
>>14930776
Tetris triggered my sister and make suicide herself.
>>
File: Spooky Games.jpg (1MB, 1072x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky Games.jpg
1MB, 1072x5000px
>>
>>14930817
Thanks, this is really cool.
>>
>>14930755
Sonic.exe
>>
Anyone know any games that have a creepypasta behind it?
>>
>>14930836
>>14930824
>>14930755
Are you new here?
>>
>>14931127
Yes, I am. lol
>>
>>14931138
Are you here because of summer?
>>
>>14931138
Where do you live? South Carolina?
>>
Some of my favorites are
(free)
>SCP Containment Breach
>Slender
>Kraven Manor

(p2p)
>Outlast
>Amnesia
>Slender: The Arrival

>>14931138
For the sake of the fact that you're not trolling... don't put your email in the email field, that's how you get spammed with horse cocks. I learned the hard way a few months ago.

For the sake you are trolling, well done for making me reply.
>>
>>14931166
>Slender

Wow, I bet you never played Silent Hill or Resident Evil?
>>
The director of LSD, Osamu Sato, made a couple other games called The Eastern Mind and Chu-Teng. Both are equally as interesting/terrifying as LSD, but follow a point and click formula. Chu-Teng was actually lost for many years before someone over on /vr/ uploaded a copy. Both are definitely worth a play if you enjoyed LSD Dream Emulator.
>>
>>14931166
>p2p
This made me mad.

Fuck, if I recall correctly that game is just a compilation of maps that appeared in different games.
>>
>>14931175
DID GARAGE GET TRANSLATED YET
>>
>>14931173
Never. I was too much of a pussy as a kid.

>>14931177
It is? That's actually kind of disappointing.
>>
>>14931194
You should play the first three Silent Hill games and the first for Resident Evil games. They're 1000x better than all 6 of your games combined.
>>
Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou

If you can find it.
>>
>>14931182
I don't think so, unfortunately. Last time I checked the only thing translated was the plot synopsis, and the anons that translated Chu-Teng didn't really say if they were going to give Garage a try.
>>
>>14931206
And Silent Hill 4: The Room too
>>
For what it's worth, there's a playthrough of LSD on youtube that's translating all the text dreams.
>>
>>14931206
I'll start a torrent before I go to bed.
>>
>>14931296
Make sure to play the Gamecube/Wii remake of the first Resident Evil.
>>
>>14930817
Nocturne is just pulp shlocky horror though. It is a blast but a pulp horror. I miss Terminal Velocity...
>>
>>14931173
edgy
>>
File: hrrrtrsemvnykptrn.png (216KB, 1229x544px) Image search: [Google]
hrrrtrsemvnykptrn.png
216KB, 1229x544px
worlds.com
>>
imscared, hide, yume Nikki, I see you, pizza delivery
>>
>>14930776
I like how you unintentionally posted one of the creepiest games.
Did you guys know that this game actually has a storyline?
>>
Is it true worlds.com is mostly popularted by a few die-hard mentally unhinged people who have been logging on for ages? I remember worlds.com exploding all over 4chan in 2012 but I don't remember what the big deal was. Could somebody refresh my memory? Wasn't their some creepy shit found? Aren't the regulars all really fucking weird?
>>
>>14932830
Please continue.
>>
>>14932830
You sound like a old version of myself I an heroed.
>>
>>14932857
Kinda, the people on there just take it seriously
and the creepy people are probably just bored and know people from /x/ go on there
People on /x/ suck the shit out of it, its kinda creepy but it gets boring
>>
>>14932857
Iirc, the biggest draw to worlds is that its like urbex on the internet.
Its certainly unsettling to a degree...i mean, imagine second life if it werent populated by furries, faggots, chink gold farmers and the occasional ralph pootawn. Thats worlds. Its creepy because its empty.
>>
File: story.jpg (70KB, 241x320px) Image search: [Google]
story.jpg
70KB, 241x320px
I know that arkanoid (another classic arcade game) had a backstory as well. Can't find sources about tetris, but it was something about the dungeons.

from
http://www.cracked.com/article_19321_5-classic-games-you-didnt-know-had-wtf-backstories_p2.html

" Arkanoid, you'd know that the "paddle" is actually supposed to be a space craft called the Vaus, which is "trapped in space warped by someone."

You'd also know that "Arkanoid" was the name of the destroyed mothership where all of your friends and coworkers just died, and that the block breaking is actually your attempt to escape "space warped" -- some kind of metaphysical quantum hellprison -- which, due to graphical limitations, looks like a bunch of shipping containers in a grass field.

cont. next post
>>
File: dot.jpg (141KB, 283x320px) Image search: [Google]
dot.jpg
141KB, 283x320px
>>14932908
Imprisoned and abandoned, you're forced to fight your way to "Doh," the mysterious "someone" that initially trapped you in "space warped." After 32 levels of bouncing a ball off a paddle, Doh finally appears as a giant head.
>>
File: end.jpg (38KB, 320x268px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
38KB, 320x268px
>>14932913
the ending to arkanoid that not many reached
>>
>>14930755
Just go to indyjolt and look in the horror section. Most of it is shit, but there are sone gems here and there.

One game in particular is moirai (maybe i misspelled it?)
Simple plot of "go to this cave and find this girl julia who is lost". Plot takes a twist at the very end thats rather interesting.
another good, if not hilariously named, game is the "buttpain" mod for doom/doom2. I wont spoil it for you, but as a long time doomer, it puts you in familiar settings but makes you simply not want to progress through the levels because of how nope it is...
>>
>>14932913

I always found that motherfucker scary

also, nobody here likes scp 087-b?
I know, it's simple as hell, but it honestly scares the living shit out of me
>>
>>14932998
it is unnerving.
you never know when the death happens
like in real life
some die early, others have a long way to go
>>
File: 1406008894022.png (159KB, 1360x621px) Image search: [Google]
1406008894022.png
159KB, 1360x621px
you guys know what game this is?
>>
File: 20140721_192107.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140721_192107.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Heh, reminds me of a story. More funny than spooky

>be my buddy
>huge stoner. Macho tough guy who's dad gave him a soft spot for pc strategy gaming
>just discovered Black and White 2
>God'ing it up. Badass tiger avatar doing stuff
>2 in the morning. Pitch black
>headphones
>stupendously high
>out of nowhere, a voice whispers "deeeaath"
>freezes in his seat like he shit himself
>apparently when villagers die, this is what you hear. He didn't know that
>pot addled mind ignores it. Must be the refer
>five minutes later, hears it again
>cue stoned panic freak out.
>Throws off headphones. Shouts WHAT THE FUCK
>moment of silence. Continues play carefully without headphones
>eventually catches on

Of course he didn't explain this when he showed the game to me, and only after it freaked my shit out. Fucker
>>
>>14932925

I tried it just now and got through the first levels, it was really good and interesting

*but*

Does anything else happen, or is that it?

I mean, it really is worth downloading, but looking to play all 32 levels...probably not
>>
Also...anybody ever got scared by Doom 64 in particular?

It's super dark and atmospheric, and looks much better than plain ol' doom. But then I played it first when I was ten and had never played 3d before, so it might seem like nothing to you guys

It started mellow but once you got to hell, and once you met the first cyberdemon....
>>
>No post about Fatal Frame
Why so pleb, /x/?
>>
>>14933282
About buttpain? Yeah, thats it.
I dunno. Maybe it got to me more because im a doomfag and it just made very familiar levels "strange"...and the mod was released under the pretenses that it was an action packed parody mod rather than a spoopy mod.

But yeah, once youve encountered all of the random occurances once, it gets predictable and jump-scare only tier. (Imagine how boring it got for me after i took a look at the code and figured out how everything worked).

Also: what sourceport are you playing on?
>>
>>14930817
>no synapsis
pleb
>>
>>14933148
looks really familiar. I want to say Sailor Moon but there's no way
>>
>>14930824
Just a word of advice, never put your email in the email field Hunter Amerson.
>>
>>14933288
When i played it as a kid, i was already a hardcore duke and resident evil player...it was just "cool" to me at that point.

Really, if we want to talk about scary shit in games we played as kids: super mario 64 had an undocumented enemy (the hidden bombs that are touch activated and very rare in the game) that scared me and made me wonder what other sorts of scary hidden shit might pop out and get me in thst game. Made playing sm64 an exercise in paranoia for me.
>>
>>14933297

No, don't get me wrong, I'm a doomfag too. I did love the game and it did unnerve me, it's just that after I got to the crusher, I realized that it wouldn't change. I was hoping it would alter its style and become scary in some other way. But yeah it was definately worth playing. I love strange doom things because I used to dream strange doom levels on a regular basis.

I've tried a whole bunch of source ports, I used to use doom legacy a lot because it was the easiest to get my friend to understand how to make it work in multiplayer, but my computer and backup files are more or less littered with random "dooms" and source ports.

I've been out of the doom loop for a long time, thinking about it...

>>14933320
That's the thing, I had no PC nor PS1 at that point. So it was a little different and I remain half obsessed.

...Mario 64? I knew it had many leftover beta and undocumented things, but didn't hear of the...Oh wait, I think I know what bombs you mean. Those black spheres that chase you out of nowhere?
>>
>>14933344
>bombs in sm64

Yep, the black spheres. They arent documented as in they arent in the manual. Since they were so mysterious, it made me think other mystery threats were just waiting to kill me, and some weird mis-hearing of things freaked me out a few times.
Namely, i thought i heared mario say my name as he died a few times (iirc, on game over deaths, mario mumbles something like "game over").
i also thought mario would get sucked into the ground if you let him sleep too long, so i was really anal about pausing the game for any brief inactivity.

As for doom:
play that mod in zandronum. The lighting doesnt work right in any other port...not even gzdoom. Its still repetitive, but proper lighting makes it shine (nopun).
Bear in mind though: the process of what does and doesnt spawn in a level is random so your playthroughs will be subtly different with buttpain each time.
>>
>>14930817
>The Path??
>>
>>14933368

yep, I downloaded zanondrum just for that
i felt a bit like in silent hill or something
>>
>>14931443
Jokes, you're funny.
>>
>>14933384
silent hill is a way to put it...personally, i felt "slender but with 100% more huge guts".

Since were on doom, some other somewhat spoopy mods:
>the ghouls forest series
literally nothing but 9001 jump scares, but its good for spoopy themed netplay
>unloved
somewhat atmospheric, but slowly degrades into typical doom slaughter maps towards the end. With proper lighting, you may get a few jump scaresa and unnerving moments, but its mainly just atmospheric and pretty.

one other thing you can try if you want to sample.sone somewhat creepy doom music:
someone made a soundfont based on doom64s instrument set.
If you run it as a fluidsynth soundfont, some of doom and doom2s music can sounds pretty eerie with that insteument set.
>>
File: 3408216416_c485be4a49_b.jpg (409KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
3408216416_c485be4a49_b.jpg
409KB, 1024x640px
>>14933375
10/10 game
>>
Hmm.
there a game called "my only" (iirc). Its one of those "neo-retro/look at my faggot ass whos obsessed with pixels" games. Not the best thing on earth, but it made me nope a little.
>>
>>14933427
No I liked it, it just seems odd on the list. Might as well as put "Dear Esther" up there too.
>>
>>14933417

You are...quite right. Yeah.

I've seen that forest stuff on youtube. Pretty unnerving despite deserved criticism.

Unloved, never heard of, I'll be looking it up

That's very interesting, the instrument set is pretty great.

Damn, this makes me wish i could make Spoopy games.
>>
so buttpain is nothing else but doom without monsters?
>>
>>14933471
>without monsters

Play it longer.
>>
>>14933471

you wish
>>
>>14933445
> Damn, this makes me wish i could make Spoopy games

The basics of horror in games is pretty simple:
>limit the players abilities
>present overwhelming enemies
>escalate danger unpredictably
>build unwarrented tension with atmosphere

Its not hard in theory...its making something original from that theoretical framework thats hard..
which is why survival-horror died in the early 2000s.

As for making games: mod doom bro...its easy as shit. Or mod quake 3...a bit harder, but you can literally make anything in that engine
>>
>>14933476
dude I am at level 12 and nothing happens.
when something happens for fuck sake.
>>
>>14933445
I don't think it would be too hard. Click and Point games can be pretty atmospheric, and don't discount RPG maker games.
>>
>>14933486
Spoiler...no really. (I wish the board had working tags).

the mod works by replacing certain decoration actors with monster spawners that look like what they originally were but also randomly spawn in several varieties of very OP shadow creatures or else play creepy sounds.
that you havent encountered anything by map12 is entirely possible and just means the RNG hates you at this point.
>>
>>14933486

are you using zanondrum?
things fucked with me since the first level, if slightly only

>>14933485
>>14933491

Chances are *someday* I'll actually do *something. I'm one of those guys that have a good instinct and a good feeling for ideas, but can't seem to put things on media. (Or so I like to think)

I do think I'd probably do something in first person, just because it's easier for people to be immersed from the first second. Though many masterpieces aren't first person at all, like my beloved SH2
>>
>>14933503
>RNG hates you at this point.
;_;

even my own computer hates me
I'll restart the game again and again until something happens, but it's better be worth it
>>
>>14933512

it was
For me the first level screwed with me a little
the second one did less, but had me on edge
on the third, shit hit the fan
on level four I was raped
>>
>>14933515
damn if someone could record let's play on it.
it seems like everyone have fun except me.
>>
>>14933519
haha
damn
you DID use zanondrum without any special no monsters settings, right?
>>
>>14933504
I use gzdomm or just zdoom
>>
>>14933504
>putting things to media
my problem is that im too scatter brained...cant complete anything i start.
Had an innawoods themed mod going for a while -- made maps, coded and sprited new weapons, developed new enemies...the works!
made 3 maps with it, got bogged down, lost creativity and zipped it up inna .tar.gz and never looked at it again
>>
File: scratches0306_pcbox.jpg (580KB, 1569x2256px) Image search: [Google]
scratches0306_pcbox.jpg
580KB, 1569x2256px
OP. Trust me on this.
>>
>>14933527
The mod doesnt work correctly under gzdoom and zdoom. It takes advantage of certain quirks of zandronum, and is shit unless you play it in zandro...
>>
>>14933527

thats probably why it won't work right, the guy that originally posted the mod mentioned.

>>14933529
i was once going to finish something like this for duke3d and my hd burnt down and my backups were stolen after a house break in

I really don't want to think about it

all I have left is the crude "plain" textureless objectless map for build

Buuut... I know someday I'll do something again
>>
>>14933534
>>14933535
>downloading zandronum
damn it's weird that I want to get rekt so bad
by a mod
>>
File: Darkfall.jpg (43KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
Darkfall.jpg
43KB, 385x385px
>>14933532
Been playing this when I get bored.
>>
>>14933540
I feel bad for it...buttpain doesnt have much replayability after you play it for a few levels...

Be sure youre alone and in the dark when you do though to...enhance the effect...
>>
>>14933504
I've been wanting to make a game as well. It's probably be a point and click ( I've been eyeballing the engine that Cat Lady was made in) or a RPG Maker game.
>>
>>14933544
Oh I have that one. It's alright I guess.
The graphics are certainly pretty, though.
>>
>>14933532

Solid rec, probably the most legitimately creepy game in the thread.

To add to that.

Condemned: Criminal Origins
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Hellnight (Dark Messiah) [obscure PSX game, tense as fuck)
Fatal Frame II
>>
>>14933556
Got the first two during the steam summer sell. A couple of the scares have gone over my head because I'm so busy being lost.
>>
>>14933555
>RPG maker
i mod doom, quake 3, morrowind, stalker (a little bit anyway), unreal engine 1games, map for cube2, wrote an imageboard script from scratch, and have adminned anything from minecraft to ioquake3-based game servers...

...RPG maker is still the most confusing and difficult thing i have ever attempted.
>>
>>14933555

i ought to look into that

>>14933573
And that
>>
>>14933573
If I do a RPG maker game, I'd just write the story ( I'm a writer at heart) and do the graphics. My brother is a "Master Eventer" and knows a little ruby script. He would do all the technical work.
>>
>>14930755

>tfw you're totally desensitized to the horror genre and can't enjoy "scary" games or movies anymore.

They over did it with sensless gore and violence that it became old very fast. Screamers were done to death and so jump scares became less frightening and more predictable.

Games like Amnesia get the whole atmosphere thing right, but atmosphere alone can't carry the games.

Creepypasta marathons didn't help much either.

Anyone else have trouble enjoying horror stuff?
>>
File: ss0008.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss0008.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
>>14930817

you know that there is an actual Dear Esther game now right?

pic related. That's a in game screenshot
>>
>>14933595

yeah my problem with FPS engines is that it seems to be nearly impossible to tell a story
>>
>>14933608
I love that game, not scary but it certainly doesn't leave you unmoved while you play it.
>>
>>14933602
I have trouble with most of the stupid shit people find scary these days.
>omg black eye sockets
>oh shit little girls
>zomg zombie infections
>every creepypasta ever
None of this is actually scary, you guys. Seriously.
>polite sage
>>
>>14933610
Perhaps youre just used to dull-story fps games since those are the norm, and thus subconsciously take cues from such games.
try some story heavy fps and see if that mode of thinking gets you thinking more
>morrowind
>deus ex (you have to reinstall it now)
>marathon
>system shock 2
>strife

All of these did story quite well...maybe take cues from them?
>>
>>14933656

No, what I mean is: If I make something with doom for example, how the hell do I get the actual game to show story? Or text? Or anything other than "the level" as we know it, really?
>>
>>14933602
Yeah, It takes a story that has just a hint of truth to creep me out. And I like horror stories that aren't in modern settings. Personally it adds a odd touch of realism, because the chances of me disproving it would be extremely difficult.
>>
>>14933662
Oh...you literally have an implementation problem?
well, im assuming by "doom", youd be writing for the zdoom engine.
Google how to implement strife dialogue boxes in zdoom and then read the relevant forum posts and wiki entries. you can also use acs events to cause sprites to show up as screen overlays (i.e. think hand drawn notes or "mental images" popping up into your FOV).
Again, cant remember the exact process for this (i normally mod with slade open on half my screen and zdoom wiki on the other) so google it, and ask the kind folks over in /vr/'s daily doom general.
>>
>>14933368
Is there any pic of these spheres. I cannot remember anything like it, even after so much playing time
>>
>>14933688

i actually tried and coudlnt

>>14933684
Hey, that does sound pretty viable

I hate to be negative nancy, though I do have another issue yet. I was so used to Build, that although Doom is so similar, it throws me off. I don't know how to explain it, I just can't get comfortable levelmaking with it, like it's shoes the wrong size.

Anyways I don't worry too much because sooner or later I'll have to do something because i've been brewing it on my mind for so long
>>
>>14933602
Im desensitised from movies and creepypasta...narrative doesnt really get to me; its too static. Some of it can be fun, but not legitimately scary.

now then, good horror game design and interactive media design can still get me. Personally, i think thats because interactive horror doesnt specifically rely on narrative or imagery (gore, etc) to get you, but rather...design itself. Its hard to explain without writing a full fledged article on it, but what im getting at is that something like silent hill could still get me, even if there was no story, no textures, and wireframe models, so long as the lighting, weapon balance and sound design remained.
>>
>>14933709
>doom and build

I know that "shoes dont fit" feel. I cut my teeth on doom (well, marathon modding really, but meh) but cant understand build for shit.
>>
>>14933721

alright, gotta get going

thank you for everything
Maybe we'll chat again
>>
>>14930817
What is Bright in the screen about?
>>
>>14933232
There is an easter egg in the first Black & white where if you had entered a common real name like Peter or John ect. it would whisper your name instead of Death at random.

Freaked a good few ppl out.
>>
>>14931323
Slenderfag pls. Go sacrifice your cat to faggotman.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rv4GAZoho
Mmmm delicious wet clothes.
>>
Really recommend the early access game The Forest on Steam. Your plane crashes in a remote forest and you have to gather food, build shelter, and fend off murderous cannibal mutants. It's very tense and creepy. Just keep in mind that it's in alpha, so it's a bit buggy, and not everything is complete yet.
>>
>>14934231
Is this some kind of erotic Project Zero trailer? She could take a photograph of my bulge any time.
>>
Any good flash games, my computer sucks so much ass it can barely handle pong on the lowest setting so I can't really play some of these
>>
I guess Mid dens and Gingiva count as weird ass games. They're also made in RPG maker with a 3rd being made
>>
>>14933148
traveler
>>
>>14937069
The Last Door.
>>
>>14937069
Exmortis is a flash game and has a bit of a cult following. I played the first one and found it to be a little jump scare heavy but I know people enjoy the series. Also try any of the RPG maker horror games.
>>
File: atfirstiwaslikenotbetter.jpg (348KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
atfirstiwaslikenotbetter.jpg
348KB, 700x500px
Am I the only one who doesn't find the Silent Hill series (at least the first two games) scary, or even creepy? I'm almost done with the second one, and I keep playing because I like it overall, but I just don't find it scary in the slightest. I felt that way about the first one and figured maybe I'd like the second one better. But nah, not really.

Anyone else with me on that?
>>
>>14938631
I'm sort of with you. The concept behind Silent Hill has a ton of potential that's never been fully realized, in my opinion. Little hints of what could have been shine through here and there. Maybe once consumer VR becomes a thing we'll get some genuine scares out of the setting.
>>
>>14930755

im with you on that LSD dream emulator is very odd. its definitely a game that will stick with you especially if you pull out like a champ and actually get really far

to be honest im on day 15 or in that range
and i couldnt do it anymore

i had a feeling hat man would start popping up in my dreams or that i would start seeing him in real life

but i want to try it again, and thats the weird part about this game
>>
>>14938631
The second SH was never scary. It just had a storyline that was a total mind fuck. Don't ask me about the obsession with PH cause I don't understand it myself. Symbolically he is interesting but it never went beyond that for me.
>>14938652
What do you feel could have been done better? I have yet to play a series that scared me as bad as SH.
>>
>>14938883
>What do you feel could have been done better?
I always felt that the muddled plotlines ruined the sense of mystery in a lot of the silent hill games. I wanted to feel like I was uncovering an increasingly terrifying mystery, not being pushed further down a rabbit hole of unclear concepts guarded by bad AI monsters. The the third game worked for me in that regard, but even that was hobbled by crappy dialogue. Homecoming had a good mystery to it as well, but awful gameplay. I feel like the ultimate SH game has yet to be made. At least, I hope that's the case.
>>
Gyossait's really good.
>>
>>14938995
das hot
>>
>>14932857
No. I used to frequent it and it's mostly filled with artsy tumblr girls that like to roleplay these days.
>>
>>14938964
I'm not sure how to respond to this, at no time while playing the games did I ever feel that the plot was muddled. But at the same time I will admit that things, I have felt where straight froward others have interpreted in other ways. There are whole websites set up to discuss the games and no two people have the same idea. It's what makes the series so unique.It's funny because personally out of all the series I would say that Homecoming and Downpour are the ones with the clumsy storytelling.
>>
>>14931166
>SCP
>Slender
>Amnesia

Oh don't fuck around
>>
Any of you want to idea guy for a house of the dead style rail shooter?
>>
Yyyyeah sh2 was awesome but I never got the ph obsession either. If any he is the only potentially mundanely explainable thing in the game. But I did love being able to use the knife.
>>
File: CortexReaver.gif (117KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
CortexReaver.gif
117KB, 150x150px
System Shock, every enemy you encounter is creepy. And then of course there's SHODAN with her cryptic messages and condescending taunts. The final level is pretty weird looking also. Play the portable version because it comes with mouselook mod.
>>
play crypt worlds

i Pissed myself
>>
Dunno if it really fits, but the Derelict Reaper in ME2 always gave me the creeps.
>>
any Pathologic veterans here?

truly an experience which brings you far away from your everyday life.
>>
File: spoopy.gif (499KB, 263x183px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.gif
499KB, 263x183px
>>14939847
Seriously? Not even spoopy. More funny than anything else...
>>
File: cool story bro.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
cool story bro.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>14939847
>>14939906
Wait

Iiiiii geeeet ittttttt.
>piss
>>
>>14930817
No halfquake?! Wtf, Amen is mind fuck and Sunrise is the most lonely and claustraphobic shit ever
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ObEwo1fDcY
>>
>>14940864
Sunrise trailer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoCm4w5Nk8
>>
>>14933656

Morrowind wasn't scary. It tried half-heartedly to get scary and deep with the dreams and stuff but there was nothing there to scare an everyday person. It had some creepy elements but they were unintentional. The silent dremora who attacked you in small spaces for example, or the unnatural animation/baywatch running speed. The only scary-ish thing I remember were the dudes with the missing face. But even with those I had to dwell long and hard on it to feel remotely unsettled.
>>
>>14938964
>uncovering an increasingly terrifying mystery
You just perfectly described >>14933532
>>
File: Dog Stare.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Stare.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>14933532
>mfw I went into the furnace
>>
>>14932998
I'm sick of people using the word "simple" as if it's a bad thing.
>>
>>14941463
Well it is not if atmosphere is just right
>>
File: 6188573_orig.jpg (201KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
6188573_orig.jpg
201KB, 1100x618px
>Mullet Mike approves of this thread
>>
>>14941924
His thick southern drawl makes it hard to take him seriously
>>
>>14931166
no more pewdiepie memegames please, thanks
>>
Condemned is probably the creepiest game I've played. At least the later levels.

The Void has an interesting, unsettling atmosphere but I wouldn't call it that creepy.
>>
File: polybius_2.png (4KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
polybius_2.png
4KB, 250x300px
>>14930755
>>
>>14939079
In that regard, I think SH4: The Room is the SH with the most "understandable" and straightforward (AKA no rabbit hole ,mind mumbo-jumbos symbolism bonanzas, that will make you pause the game and say LOLWUT) plot of them all, even though that game is the freak misfit of the pre-Homecoming era SH's, you get more and more immersed in it the longer you play and the more you discover about the plot.

Give it a try!
>>
>>14930755
The forbidden siren series & Siren blood curse.
>>
File: silverload.jpg (9KB, 188x300px) Image search: [Google]
silverload.jpg
9KB, 188x300px
this was one of the spookiest game about vampires and werewolves I ever played... whenever you died it said "see you in hell" and all the blood gore and swearing was awesome for its time.
>>
>>14930788
this, fucking ice monsters freaked me the fuck out
>>
>>14943893
I've played The Room and I found it to be very enjoyable. In fact I've found the The Twins to be more horrifying then PH. I had to pause the game and stop the first time I encounter them and for my first playthrough they continuously made me shit myself.
>>
>>14933608
Walking simulator more like it. Still love that game
>>
>>14930755
>Sanitarium
>>
might be kind of stupid now - it's been well over a decade since i've watched somebody play it (i enjoy watching people play more so than playing), but it was a Playstation game i believe called "D". veerrrry spooky to me.

i remember specifically that you were unable to save, and had to play the entire thing through in one sitting. it had some disturbing cut-scenes and i thought it was pretty unsettling at the time.
>>
>>14944237
My friend had a copy of D and we stayed up at night to play it
Yeah you're on a timer for like 2 hours and there's no way to pause it
But let me tell you
That game is in no way spooky or creepy
Maybe back then but by today's standard it's better to play for a laugh
>>
>>14944237
The original was a Sega Saturn game. I think there was a remake/sequel called D2. I use to love the first one.
>>
>>14944237

D was good, it got a dreamcast sequel which was also pretty solid.
>>
File: koudelka-u.jpg (82KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
koudelka-u.jpg
82KB, 640x635px
Anyone remember this? I don't hear it brought up very often and while it didn't scare me, it gave me a very uneasy feeling. There is also a sequel I never go around to playing.
>>
>>14944269

There is no true sequel, but the game is a precursor to the Shadow Hearts series on the PS2, they are set in the same universe, similar gameplay. Very solid RPGs, with a lot of creepy/eerrie/occult elements.
>>
>>14933532
I saw spoilers for this game before playing it and it ruined the whole experience for me, so be careful about spoilatrix!
>>
>>14944284
Ah didn't know that but it explains why I liked it so much. I loved Shadow Hearts Covenant.
>>
>>14944247
ah, damn. i was scared of that. i just thought it was the creepiest fucking thing back then. damn, man, this actually hits my spookfeels a little. that sucks.
>>
Remember getting this for my birthday years ago. 10/10 atmosphere/graphics
7/10 human models
8/10 gameplay
It had a lot of frustrating puzzles and the dialogue wasn't always congruent, but it rustled my jimmies every now and then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZiC_vFBbrU
http://youtu.be/VXVEDuDZ75o?t=4s
Only one I played, so there might be better titles in the series.
>>
>>14931349
What's creepy about it?
>>
>>14944521
It's just very odd and otherworldly
It's creepy in a similar sense to LSD Dream Emulator
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.