[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ Long time lurker, first time posting. I don't know how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 1351__hayling.jpg (36KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1351__hayling.jpg
36KB, 400x299px
/x/ Long time lurker, first time posting. I don't know how to convince you guys that what i'm saying is the truth but here it is.

Around 6 months ago my mum and I were driving back from Portsmouth on our way to a small town in Hampshire where we live called Petersfield. Anyhow my mum points out the window of the car to a place called Hayling Island, needless to say this place looked eerie as fuck and being into all that shit i thought would be cool to check it out. We drive onto the island over the sole bridge, the only way on and off, here's the weird bit. There was fuck all there an abandoned amusement park, 3 victorian houses on the shore and one corner shop that stood alone before the properties aforementioned. I didn't enter but my mum did, she said the shop itself seemed to look odd like it was left unchanged from the 70s or something even the shop assistant looked odd. On top of this the radio was playing songs like buffalo springfield stop children whats that sound like something out of final destination. We were creeped and we left.

a few months later we made the same journey back from portsmouth and i suggested we go and have another look just for shits and gigs my mum said why not and we returned. hundreds of houses, a supermarket, 5 * hotel. It was a sophisticated modern town.

Anyone have any idea what could of happened there, i've heard stories of life glitches or time loops or wateva, could this be that?

I'm a total new fag and have no idea how to greentext my bad.
>>
File: hs-hl-hs3174-i-00-000.jpg (237KB, 2000x1597px) Image search: [Google]
hs-hl-hs3174-i-00-000.jpg
237KB, 2000x1597px
Hayling Island has been built up for quite a while (this is a shot from the 70s) and had a population of over 5000 in the 1950s. So I don't think it was a time thing because that doesn't fit the description of the place in the 70s.
Alternate reality maybe?
>>
that sounds pretty crazy OP, could you provide us with a latitude and longitude so we can see it on google earth?
>>
File: Hayling-Island.jpg (68KB, 571x382px) Image search: [Google]
Hayling-Island.jpg
68KB, 571x382px
>>14663864
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Hayling+Island/@50.8075084,-0.9724856,13z

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayling_Island

It's a pretty big island.
>>
yeah I honestly got home after the second visit and was like what the fuck do i do about that haha, going back next week with my mum gonna stay the night and take some pics do some investigating and filming, I'll post if i find anything interesting. Alternate reality sounds like a good explanation but there was no like sound or any kinda of anything to indicate that i'd crossed over into an alternate dimension. surely there should be some kind of interference with the car at least like in the triangle
>>
can you remember the route you took? How far was the shop etc from the ridge?

While its still fresh in your head draw a map of the island as you saw it
>>
>>14663932
I can remember it well, I'm not too computer savvy and I'm on a MAC and i'm used to windows so can't really draw a map. But, as far as i remember, if you wanna check google earth there was one road, the one that lead from the bridge into the centre of the island, it then split left and up to the northern shore, that was about 2 minutes drive from the bridge, we went straight because we wanted to find a shop and that seemed more promising (upon returning this junction was a roundabout and it was evident that to the left was the town) we got to the top of the island and on the shore sat the victorian properties which now are still there but there are what look to be 90s flats in front of them they're not visible unless you walk behind the flats. The shop was still there just in front of the flats however it was not alone there was a hairdressers and other shops next to it and the amusement park was no longer abandoned. I should also mention we didn't see one person on the entire island the first time, not one car either, except for the 2 in the store upon returning of course there were many.
>>
>>14663932
Here's a picture that might help
>>
From the sounds of it, and if you're telling the truth, you may have crossed into a different dimension. I would encourage you to write everything you saw down, what time you visited, the weather, your route, the smell, and how you felt/how the island fel. Do this so in the future you may re-create the exact climate so that you will cross over again. You may have stumbled across something big but the hole might not last so time is of the essence. Collect data i must stress this
>>
>>14663987
sounds like a good idea you also sound like you know what you're talking about. You have any idea how or why this happens? Also it's not the first time something like this has happened to my mum and I, the other times weren't nearly as bad but still odd and unsettling. Wanna hear? Also you'll just have to take my word for it but on my still gestating sisters life i'm not lying.
>>
>>14663847
Construction plans and permits are public domain. You can access them at any time. Hundreds of houses would probably take around a year to build though, and thats assuming you had a rather large building company on the case. I highly doubt a five star hotel is up on some shithole island, but a super 8 could be built in months. Also you could go back to that gift shop and check the place out. Ask the cashier about the developments and how fast things have sprang up. When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
>>
>>14664030
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190785-d529466-Reviews-Warner_Leisure_Hotels_Sinah_Warren_Hotel-Hayling_Island_Hampshire_England.html this is the hotel think it's 4 * Been back to the shop. completely modernised like a whole different store , different cashier, impossible to build the amount they did in the time between visits. The whole thing seems impossible to the point where i think i hallucinated it all if it wasn't for my mum being there I would of thought I'd gone completely insane.
>>
>>14664001
I don't know too much on the subject but this has caught my attention haha. I'd love to hear those stories and I believe you. However Its like 2am so im probably going to get to sleep, hopefully this thread will be still alive in the morning and i'll help tomorrow.

Its worth looking into the history of the island, for example looking at pivotal moments where two things could have happened (like the possible closure of the funfair or development of settlements). From there you might be able to piece together the deviation that the reality you visited has from ours. Good luck for now man!
>>
>>14664046
Cheers buddy! the other times i was referring to, again my mum and I, we were going to Kingston in London to do some christmas shopping. We passed through a town called Tolworth not sinister looking at all. Anyhow I was listening to my ipod when my mum rips out my earphones and I'm somewhat pissed at that cuz i was listening to mozza, I ask what and she tells me to shhh so I do. On the radio clear as day was the sound of gramaphone music, it then cut in and out before voices, saying "hello, hello?" really odd stuff british voices from what sounded like the 20s or 30s. Weird enough in itself however I read an article about some woman in america who had picked up signals from some concert in the 60s on her HAM radio so I thought maybe it was the same phenomena. However what was weird is it happened 2 or 3 times after that all different music, the same voice but saying different things and always and only at Tolworth.
>>
>>14663847
You went to a different part of the island or it was recently built on.
>>
>>14663956
Did you go into the shop when you went back, and were the same people there? Talk to them, ask them if anything paranormal happens there They might think you are crazy but it is worth it on your quest for the truth.
>>
>>14664001
>Also you'll just have to take my word for it but on my still gestating sisters life i'm not lying.
You probably don't even have a sister. If you do post a pic of your gestating sister to prove your claim of the abandoned island.
>>
that's her my name is Harry Tremerie on facebook it's my cover photo you can check, the picture i posted earlier is a screenshot it proves thats my name
>>
>>14664118
This
And we don't want no stinkin sonograms. We want endoscopic footage.
>>
>>14664111
I didn't go back into the shop but my mum did, she said the people were completely different. Not only that but the people there the first time looked proper weird. I can't back that up because i didn't see or speak to them but I believe her. When i go back I'll ask them and i'll film me asking them.
>>
>>14664118
You can check the date, it's legit.
>>
>>14664123
What the fuck?
>>
>>14664123
>>14664134
Oh lol I'm fucking retarded I thought gestating meant nursing. Not unborn. LOL
>>
I found OP's Facebook only to realise he posted it himself a minute after
>>
>>14664142
I'm a lazy fucker, I like to accomodate those like me. ;)
>>
>>14664134
>>14664145
Alright OPs story checks out. No matter how much of an asshole someone is they'd never swear on the life of an unborn sister. Now the question becomes how do we aide op in his quest for truth.
>>
>>14664190
<3
>>
>>14664190
I'm going back monday but I'm not sherlock, where the fuck do i start?
>>
File: BcVHQ-RCMAA2z4Q.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BcVHQ-RCMAA2z4Q.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
I lived in Portsmouth for 18 years, OP. Hayling Island's always been a shithole in the anus end of the country. Are you referring to Funland? Don't remember it ever being shut down, or being renovated from an abandoned funfair beforehand.
>>
>>14664190
Well it has a very long history. There was a roman temple built on the north of the island around 100BCE as of 2001 there were 16 000 inhabitants. But hat changes during the time of year. Apparently the population has been know to double over the summer months due to tourists. This could explain the feeling of desertion.
>>
>>14664207
I guess there can only be one funfair on an island like that, you know the island better than me I'm sure so if you say it's funland then it's funland. I would say maybe it was closed for a day or something but it wasn't just closed it looked like something from Chernobyl compared to what it looked like second time there. Also not sure if you know the ferry but the pubs there were shut and not a soul in sight can't think of why a pub would be closed on what would of been around 4-5 monday-saturday.
>>
>>14664214
there was about 3-4 weeks between visits, it would be fair to say it was a really shitty typical english day first time round and second time it was sunny but it wasn't summer thats for sure. And even if. I saw only those 2 people on the whole island, surely that's not normal even for the low season on a dreary day.
>>
>>14664232
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/storms-cause-flooding-and-damage-on-hayling-island-1-5790763 this seems like it could be cause for evacuation. And if it were huts that were destroyed then rebuilt, it could have been done quickly
>>
>>14664268
didn't see any flooding when i went there and it's not like the only thing that was weird was the lack of people. Everything was different or odd in some way. The island really isn't that bad in reality nice town nice supermarkets and that but first time we went there was nothing there. no buildings, but for the ones i mentioned, no people but for the ones i mentioned and anything that was there both times was run down or just weird the first time and not the second. Wasn't a flood.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 480x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 480x419px
>>14664284
>>
OP here, I'll return tomorrow to answer more questions if there are still questions to ask. Look out for the follow up thread monday or tuesday. Maybe i'll even have definitive proof of the paranormal, who knows.
>>
>>14664268
huts?
it's a residential island in england not a bloody tribal village in umbongo land
>>
>>14664475
You wanna try reading the article?
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13754650
More threads on thin places in this thread
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13969954/
>>
>>14664190
We need information.

OP, give us EVERYTHING you know.

Maybe there had been a huge storm right before you went there the first time? Look for news reports from that month and see if there was a big damaging storm.
>>
>>14665119
I've really already said all i know. I wish I knew more that's kinda why i posted to see if anyone else had any information like i said before I'm going back tomorrow to try and find out all I can.
>>
>>1466511
What's weird and this is where the plot really thickens I didn't think i'd mention it at the start because I didn't want to push it too far but my mum worked for a company called ARM (i think that was the name anyway) which was based right before the bridge onto Hayling island, her boss lived on Hayling Island and she spoke to him about her experience, she was subsequently fired. I'm not saying this just because she's my mum but she doesn't fuck around with jobs. I'm sure that's the reason why. I'm sure some people know what's going on there. They also said she resigned voluntarily when others enquired as to why she was fired. The second time we went back we also stopped at a really obscure butchers, I stayed in the car because I literally was so scared I didn't want to set foot o the island, lingering in the safety of my car. There was a big house, it looked like the house out of haunting in coneticut and there was a guy fucking staring at me like seriously FUCKING staring at me. Given this was the second time we went when everything seemed normal, all these coincidences I'm sure, I'm so sure at least some of the people there know something's up.
>>
Hey OP its the original guy you were talking to at first. I've archived the thread and will do some research tomorrow after my last exam. I'll have lots of time free so i'll work on gathering some more info on the island over the next few weeks.
>>
I live around half an hour away from Hayling Island and I can back up >>14664207 on the fact that this "abandoned amusement park" doesn't exist.
>>
>>14667242
Cheers man! looking forward to talking!
>>
>tfw live in southsea

Thanks OP.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.