[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicidal Vibes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 47

File: jumpers; 2 outcomes.webm (4MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
jumpers; 2 outcomes.webm
4MB, 600x338px
A thread for those who have lost everything else.
>>
File: sunset jumper.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sunset jumper.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: wsg's last hour.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
wsg's last hour.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>
>>1819782
There's a guy with a camera all day, it's staged for a movie or why he recorded that many suicides in the same spot?
>>
File: don't give up.webm (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
don't give up.webm
4MB, 480x360px
>>1819782
Don't give up friends
>>
>>1820143
I love you all
>>
File: goodnight world.webm (4MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
goodnight world.webm
4MB, 640x480px
I plan on killing myself in a couple years when i'm 30, maybe things will change before then, probably not though, it's good to have some hope I guess.
>>
>>1820233
I'm waiting 'til I've a job then money and afford a gun.
>>
>>1820233
I'm in the same boat, I have no desire to live this way as a fully grown adult. I've lived a lifetime of misery already, all I feel now is tired
>>
>>1820233
Living like an old man with diseases. No thanks.
>>
idiots

we have an eternal soul

that soul will exist eternally even after death

if you continue to rebel against the God who created your soul, you will exist eternally away from Him who is the very source of all Life and fulfilment

and to be eternally separate from Life is Eternal Death
>>
Namefags are cancer, that's all I know.
>>
>>1820143
I don't have a girl to hug anon, this just makes me feel worse.
>>
>>1820136
It's a documentary about how many suicides happen on the Golden Gate. It's a very popular place to die.
>>
I'm dying anyway, just really slowly, all my joints are wearing away so I'll probably off myself soon once the prednisone wears away and I'm in pain again.
>>
>>1820136
How dumb are you.
>>
>>1819787
Don't post this stupid shit
>>
>>1819782

I don't want to live, but I can't go through with the process of ending my own life.

There was one time where I was driving and was running late to a shrink appointment when I got to a red light. As soon as the light turned green I kinda floored it, not noticing the car to my right that was about to blow the red light. Said car t boned right into the car next to me. That could've been me. So ever since then I've decided if I see something coming my way that's probably gonna kill me, I'm going to let it.

I'm trying everyday to feel better, but I haven't felt happy since I was maybe 7, and I haven't been content with living since I was 12.
>>
File: 1473791189565.webm (4MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473791189565.webm
4MB, 427x240px
>>1821076

wanting to die in an accident, i thought about that too, or giving my life to save another, so i can die a hero. I think that comes from being aware, that suicide is a very selfish thing to do. Saying you owe yourself to try and live is bullshit, you owe yourself nothing, but you owe your parents, your friends and everyone around you, to at least try, even if it's hard.
>>
>>1819782
I'll never get why people jump off bridges to kill themselves. They'll survive the fall because there's water underneath. It's not like they're hitting concrete or anything
>>
>>1821578
Hitting water at that speed is like hitting a wall. Some people believe the fall will kill you before the impact also.
>>
>>1819786
sauce?
>>
>>1821578
low quality bait, here's your (you)
>>
>>1819782
Wearing his MAGA hat until the very end
>>
File: Jump Down.webm (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jump Down.webm
4MB, 480x360px
>>
was gonna say something along the lines of
>do a flip
but this thread got me depressed

I love you all man, I don't care if you're worthless pieces of shit, just keep going
>>
>>1821713
WINTER CHERRY - Prigay Vniz
https://youtu.be/CIqh9Hj1Z8o

Acoustic version:
https://youtu.be/a6FukU7WtIY
>>
>>1821578
it's because they can't swim and end up drowning.
>>
>>1819782
You need to have had something to be able to lose it...
>>1820233
I'm turning 30 in 6 weeks...
Might be a nice birthday gift to myself
>>
File: 1239417001372.gif (4MB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
1239417001372.gif
4MB, 300x205px
>>
File: 1495935267368.gif (4MB, 487x416px) Image search: [Google]
1495935267368.gif
4MB, 487x416px
>>
File: 1258820858983.gif (4MB, 380x182px) Image search: [Google]
1258820858983.gif
4MB, 380x182px
>>
File: 1326348905202.gif (4MB, 214x185px) Image search: [Google]
1326348905202.gif
4MB, 214x185px
>>
>>1821076
Crashing against a tree with ~80 km/h without a seat belt is enough, so try that. Go faster though, can't hurt
>>
File: 1328486006971.gif (4MB, 229x198px) Image search: [Google]
1328486006971.gif
4MB, 229x198px
>>
File: track jumper.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
track jumper.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>1819782
>>
>>1820443
i sure dont feel like i have a soul not in an edgy way more like a empty shell kink of way
i cant remember what it feels like to have any positive emotion or feeling, happy, excitement, or even just being content
im sure most people in threads like these know what im talking about
we just get up go to work and look at that it s the weekend and we do nothing
and its not like i dont try and find enjoyment in life i really do
back in may i took about a week off and went on a carnival cruise, i drank and did all the events and took some excursions with random, people
i though maybe it would leave a good feeling or something but fuck me if i didnt feel a damn thing the whole time
i swear the only thing keeping me from killing myself is the fear of the process of ending it ridiculous as it sounds
>>
>>1827218
also spent almost $2000 on the entire trip but fuck it what else is money for
>>
>>1827192
what was the point that just look like it hurt
>>
File: Suicide Club.webm (4MB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Club.webm
4MB, 540x360px
>>
>>1827240
suicide + hesitation = long painful death or worse: Life
>>
>>1819782

I recommend 'The Bridge' to most people. It shows that even in the liberal cesspool of SF that people still want to kill themselves. I think the film shows like 5 legit deaths.
>>
>>1821718

This film came out in the early 2000's.
>>
>>1827101
a classic
>>
>>1827060
Is that Larry David?
>>
>>
>>1827192
How common is this in Japan?
>>
>>1827434
Daily occurrence
>>
>>1821586
>Before the impact
Elaborate
>>
File: England2017.webm (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
England2017.webm
4MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1827483
Was waiting for a suicide bomber. Disappointed anon
>>
>>1827218
i hear ya, bro - and i respect your honesty

from the christian perspective, man's soul is by nature in rebellion against the God who is Life - and when one rejects Life, they are dead... so the scripture speaks of man being spiritually dead

this does not mean that the eternal soul is any less in existence, but rather that it is divorced from that which would enliven it and nourish it

and this soul being dead, is also incapable of perceiving spiritual truth; even in regards to it's own nature and existence

so when you say you don't 'feel like you have a soul' we see that as consistent with your nature; unable to see anything outside of its own inwardly twisted experience, one has made themselves their own object of worship - placing personal desire as the object of greatest worth - and rather than holding one's Creator, Christ Jesus, as Lord and King over our lives - esteeming his will and desire to be of the highest value - a spiritually dead thing worships a spiritually dead thing and cannot know fulfilment
>>
>>1827396
This is just... damn. Anyone who thinks jumping is a good idea should watch this
>>
>>1827277
Sauce?
>>
File: Anteater.webm (2MB, 641x360px) Image search: [Google]
Anteater.webm
2MB, 641x360px
insert heroin metaphor
>>
>>1827988
fuck song name?
>>
File: fall into me.webm (4MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
fall into me.webm
4MB, 480x272px
>>
Oy vey kill yourselfes life is shit for white people anyways let the europistan happen
>>
>>1828160
It's spoilers for me damn i know its 10 year old game but i was just at the beginning.
>>
>>1828189
This was promo material released before the game was even out.
>>
>>1827483
Halal 100%
>>
>>1820443
>I know nothing about basic science. What's a brain?
>>
>>1819782
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxwJ1q7cIck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXGjS0cfaHc

My 2 cents on suicide: I think it can be a valid decision as a last resort, but if you have any opportunity to escape it or change your life, then go for opportunity rather than certain death.

You know what promotes happiness? Consistent exercise, eating, and sleeping. Health is like a 3 legged stool, if you're missing any part, then it doesn't work well.

Don't believe me? Depressed people are almost always one or more of the following:
- Not exercising
- Not eating consistently or well
- Sleeps too often, not often enough, or at wildly varying times
>>
>>1830864
you're confusing consciousness with spirit

easy mistake to make

but you should stop that
>>
>>1830955
What do you mean by consciousness and spirit? Define your terms.

Consciousness, to me, is simply being aware of your self and senses. Your consciousness and senses are 100% tied to the brain, which we know from observing brains and people with brain damage over the last couple centuries.

Spirit, to me, is a feeling of 'energy' or something like a soul, which is usually supernatural because it can somehow exist separate from the body and brain.

If you understand basic science and what a brain is (look at any example of brain injuries, or drugs that alter the brain), then you would know that all of your feelings and yourSELF are totally tied to your brain. It logically follows that if you die, your brain stops working, and so do you. You can't have thoughts or emotions or perceptions without a brain.
>>
>>1831034
Same person, I forgot to add that I believe we live in a materialistic (100% physical) world, so supernatural entities like souls don't make any sense to me. Things like Zeus or Santa Claus or magical fairies are ridiculous because there's no evidence for their existence.

Similarly, there's no evidence for a "soul" or "spirit" which somehow houses a person's personality and can survive after death.
>>
>>1820443
ablahbhlallaaaaahaabbhlaaaah
>>
>>1819786
Can't believe it's almost been two years since this was posted on /gif/
>>
>>1831034
yeah, most natural materialists hold to a similar view that what modern folks call consciousness is what used to be called soul

i picked up on that when you inferred i can't into science, hence my defining the argument as the false equivocation of mind and spirit, rather than ignoring your reductive misrepresentation of my position

but since i already did some defining, i'm not feeling particularly obliged to do much more - especially since you don't seem to have engaged with the christian worldview to the point of understanding what we mean by immortal soul

i mean, can you imagine how much work it would be to try and bring you up to speed - what's in it for me?
>>
>>1831097
>but since i already did some defining
You didn't define much, but since you're Christian, I can generically infer what you mean. I was asking for more specifics, so I can better understand you, because there are countless varied interpretations of Christianity.

>i'm not feeling particularly obliged to do much more
So you'll gladly spend time and energy telling people that we have eternal souls, and that there's some eternal bliss or torture after death, and that there's some God who created 'all Life and fulfillment', but you won't actually explain what any of those things are with any depth?

Why should anyone believe you? Why do you even believe in these things? Have you heard of "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"? Also, what's so hard about thinking and typing some words?

> - especially since you don't seem to have engaged with the christian worldview to the point of understanding what we mean by immortal soul
I defined spirit/soul as a thing that houses your personality, or sometimes just some feeling of energy or the like, and it can survive after death to carry you on. All you said about a soul is that it's eternal, no defining characteristics beyond that. I'll have no problem engaging with your worldview if you explain it to me.
>>
File: 1189297392550.gif (3MB, 212x129px) Image search: [Google]
1189297392550.gif
3MB, 212x129px
>>
>>1831120
Holy fuck, thats some movie shit
>>
>>1831205
>holy fuck
that shit is ancient
how new are you?
>>
>>1827434
Pretty common
The companies that run the trains have started imposing fines on the families of the people that jump in front of trains to recoup losses from late trains, repairs, etc... in hopes that it will deter suicidal people from doing it because it would inconvenience their family.
>>
>>1828189
Just keep playing anon, there's more to the story. Ain't gonna say theres some CUHRAZEE plot twist, but it's a fantastic ending to the story. Well worth it.
>>
>>1820136
you're so retarded
>>
>>1819782
>someone saves the woman
>no one bothers to save the men
>>
>>1827218
>what is imbalanced brain chemistry
>>
>>1831354
Gotta get that suicidal pussy my man
>>
>>1820233
Bro just pick up a hobby and find some friends or even a girlfriend through it.
>>
>>1831218
god damn 14 year olds
>>
>>1831354
there were no gay bear fetishists crossing the bridge that day
>>
>>1831354

>Patriarchy at its finest right there
Any man can commit suicide uninterrupted because of male privilege, unlike women.
>>
>>1827396
Real shit. You can change anything in your life until you jump.
>>
>>1830875
>exercise, eat healthy, sleep regularly

Correlation. No causation has been proven. In fact, being able to cope well enough to do all three are signs of not being depressed.

What you are saying is "Have you tried not being depressed?" with an extra step added. It's not your fault. Many people miss the nuance and repeat untrue conclusions. It's been self-perpetuating for a long time.

>>1821518
>suicide is selfish
>suicidal people owe others

Did you know that, until pharmaceuticals became the most profitable treatment method, psychologists classified suicidal depression as a communal disease? For over a hundred years, psychologists believed that if someone believed their life was not living, it was the fault of all the people that cared about them for not making their life worth living.

Think about it: the person that is suicidal is the one that is selfish and owes others when those others are benefiting from the continued suffering of the person that wants it to end. How stupid is that?

The victim is the selfish one. The users deserve even more. Dumb.
>>
>>1831034
>>1831045
>>1831097

The fuck.

>define your terms
>materialism
>soul anachronism for consciousness
>dualism is bullshit
“If you wish to converse with me, define your terms”. --Voltaire

I swear everyone that studies the fundamentals of existence is rewarded with a desperate desire to leave it.
>>
>>1819782
Reminder that almost every person who has survived trying to commit suicide has regretted it the instant they made the jump or pulled the trigger or kicked the chair.
There's always something to live for, someone out there will always love you.
Don't kill yourself
>>
>>1831396
Never tell your age on 4chan or just lie.
>>
>>1831603
>people almost always regret trying to kill themselves

Not true.

It's reported as a white lie, and people want to believe it.

Think about it, if "almost every person who has survived trying to commit suicide has regretted it", then why are there so many repeated attempts?

Why does the vast majority of people that attempt either succeed or try three times for men, five times for women if they regret attempting?

Google that shit.
>during the first session, the therapist gauges the patient's readiness for change, assesses for emotional and cognitive responses to the recent suicide attempt (e.g., automotive thought, “I regret that I did not succeed.”), and pays close attention to motivational factors (i.e., reasons for living) that may best move the patient toward engagement in and compliance with treatment.

Therapists are trained to make patients say they regret trying, when they really regret failing and do it again. Patients just want out and will say what they think therapists want to hear. What will really get you is the 10k a day bill you will get for your detainment because "you are a risk to yourself or others". Getting a 140k bill in the mail after a failed suicide attempt will drive anyone to try again.
>>
>>1831603
What that other guy said, plus living exclusively for others is not a good way to live, and will make you feel even worse.
>>
>>1831581
>Correlation. No causation has been proven. In fact, being able to cope well enough to do all three are signs of not being depressed.
Yeah, so if you are depressed, maybe try to slowly build those habits into your life instead of killing yourself. Obviously it won't work for 100% of people, because some depression is rooted in genetics, or a brain disorder, or something else outside of a person's control, but it will work for most.

Going through the effort of killing yourself takes some motivation, so simply put your motivation elsewhere in order to alleviate your bad feelings.

I'm not saying "Have you tried not being depressed?", I'm proposing a solution that would work for most people. What is your response to a suicidal/depressed person, besides calling them a victim and allowing them to further wallow in their sadness?
>>
>>1831603
Nah, only some of them might have regretted that. But most of the times is just your primal survival instincts flaring up and saying "dude wtf are you doing".
>>
>>1827101
The shirt perfectly fits the action what he's doing right now.
>>
>>1831926
No. The point is it does not work. There is no curative cause.

Telling a person with a broken leg to walk on it might appear to work if you only look at cases where the leg heals on it's own, but walking itself does nothing to cure a broken leg.

You know what, this is fucking dumb. You are dumb. I don't know why I'm being polite on 4chan. Your mode of thinking is ancient. The same people that came up with what you agree with are the same people that blamed phases of the moon for mania, believed holes in heads cured migraines, and being gay is an immoral choice that can be cured by slowly electrocuting the person.

Of course it will look like a cure to people that don't know how science or reality works. Who wouldn't claim they were cured under threat of electrocution or a drill being put through their skull for a second time?
>>
>>1832040
>The point is it does not work.
How can you be so certain of that? Being healthy and moving in a healthier direction makes you feel good (except for the exceptions that I mentioned before). Many people fall into depression through bad habits of laziness over time, myself included. The way I got out of it was by developing good habits. I was depressed, and then I changed my habits over time to fix it, and it eventually worked.

>Your mode of thinking is ancient. The same people that came up with what you agree with are the same people that blamed phases of the moon for mania, believed holes in heads cured migraines, and being gay is an immoral choice that can be cured by slowly electrocuting the person.
I get that you're being skeptical, but I think you're taking it too far if you think it's not going to help tons of people to try taking my advice. Again, I'm not saying it works for literally everyone, just most people.

Think about what the effects of each of these things are individually:
- Without proper exercise, your muscles atrophy or never improve, and you have less stamina/energy to use
- Without proper food, you become too thin or fat, and have lowered energy
- Without proper sleep, you become groggy, irritable, and more tired at seemingly random times

Basically, lacking any one makes you feel like shit. Let's look at the things you compared my suggestion to:
- No reason why moon phases would affect mania
- Holes in your head might improve migraines, but is clearly going to kill you faster
- Being straight isn't a choice, so why would being gay? Even if it is a choice, shock therapy is pretty immoral on its own

So, suggesting that depressed people try to improve their health and happiness through these simple, concrete actions is as irrational as the shit you listed? Fuck you and your high horse.

Also thanks for never answering my question: What is your advice to a depressed person? It sounds like you think it's an incurable curse on humanity.
>>
>>1832164
>How can you be so certain of that?
Scientific evidence.

>So, suggesting that depressed people try to improve their health and happiness through these simple, concrete actions is as irrational as the shit you listed?

What is irrational is thinking that correlation is causation, that activities which are questionable are "concrete", whatever that means.

>Also thanks for never answering my question
It was a deflection away from the point: you are spreading information that isn't true.

>What is your advice to a depressed person? It sounds like you think it's an incurable curse on humanity.

It often is.

Sometimes it goes away, but what you are suggesting has no power, and advocating for it is just as reasonable as any one of the three analogies I gave you. You do know what an analogy is right?

Read more journals. Spend more time on PubMed.

You do know what those are. You have been there right? You know how to navigate DOI's, validity, methodology, you know what the difference is between peer-review and accuracy.

Surely you would not post bullshit with no backing or understanding, shame reason and education because you would rather feel good than be right.

>Fuck you and your high horse.
Clearly not.
>>
>>1832727
>Scientific evidence.
As far as I know, there's lots of evidence that being healthy would make you feel better, make you more capable, and thus likely improve your mood. Do you deny that lacking any of the 3 factors would give you symptoms of depression? For the millionth time, I'm not saying it's a definite cure-all, but that it works for most people (because most people have a basic form of depression). But whatever, just ignore all of the specifics of my points and continue equating my basic health advice to medieval nonsense.

>What is irrational is thinking that correlation is causation
I agree. When an individual properly sleeps, eats right, and sleeps consistently, that causes them feel good, or at least better than if they didn't. Why are you acting like this is insane advice, on par with magic?

>that activities which are questionable are "concrete", whatever that means
What I meant by concrete is that it's simple, unambiguous advice.

>activities which are questionable
Come the fuck on. This is not questionable advice, these are basic facts of modern health.

>It often is.
In the instances that it's not, perhaps my advice would help. Maybe not.

>Sometimes it goes away,
Yeah, I guess it just magically goes away.

>but what you are suggesting has no power,
if you say so

>advocating for it is just as reasonable as any one of the three analogies I gave you. You do know what an analogy is right?
Yeah, you're saying that my logic is similarly bad to theirs. I've said multiple times why I think that's not the case. You're taking your skepticism way too far such that you won't admit to basic facts.

The rest of your post can be summarized as more high horsing:
>I read studies and you don't
I do read them, and I still don't know why you think my advice would have no effects on depression, besides that you somehow determined it from some study(ies).
>>
>>1831393
I have all of that. the mere suggestion shows how little you understand
>>
>>1832777
your baseline thinking is terrible. have you ever considered the thought that next to every long term depressed person has tried all of those things?

it's like telling someone with insomnia to try and read a book before trying to sleep, that'll cure him
>>
>>1827080
Not worth the risk of becoming a quad. It is a date worse than death and happens far more often then people know.
>>
>>1832777
Fucking dunce. Do you read?

Disrupted sleep is better for depression than regular sleep. The opposite of what you claim:
http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/492278

Exercise, like all the other shit that is coming out of your mouth, has no efficacy:
http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/210112

No quality causative studies back up diet changes for depression. No correlative studies back up improving depression controlling for other factors. The only thing that can be said is if you can afford to spend a large sum of money on several specific diets, you are less likely to be severely depressed. No shit, people that have 600 a month to blow on food might be living better lives:
http://researchrepository.murdoch.edu.au/id/eprint/13504/1/A_review_of_lifestyle_factors_that_contribute_to_important_pathways_associated_with_major_depression-final_manuscript1.pdf

What is with this faux-elitism of simultaneously acting like a petulant child,
>if you say so
not understanding what words mean,
>skepticism
lying,
>I do read
and claiming ignorance is a virtue
>I still don't know
and having knowledge is bad.
>you are high horsing for being scientifically literate

Good for you, you managed to find the cure for depression! The world's greatest single mental health expense. Time to publish your findings in The Lancet and take 40% of the 1 trillion USD spent per year on trying to treat it.

How are you going to spend your 400 Billion per year super genius?
>>
a year ago i was in a position where i thought killing myself would be the logical thing to do.

Its weird. I thought i lost everything. Now i have a new reason to live. Its really strange. Good things happen if you don't expect them to happen.

It wasn't meds or therapy that helped me. It was meeting someone who actually liked having me around.

don't give up Anons. We are all going to make it.
>>
>>1832863
Yeah its sad.

Related, check out the number of people that shoot themselves in the brain bucket and survive. The number of double or triple tap suicides is waay too high.

Know Conan the Barbarian? The original writer shot himself in the head. He lived for another eight hours before dying. Imagine how slow time was moving for him in agony.

Fuck those eight hours.
>>
File: 1502910841204.gif (509KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1502910841204.gif
509KB, 700x827px
>>1831618
>Getting a 140k bill in the mail after a failed suicide attempt will drive anyone to try again.

Good thing I will succeed on the first attempt!
>>
>>1827396
This one got to me. Made me realize how my mom must feel. Every time she calls and I don't pick up I know she wonders if I'm still here.
>>
>>1821718
felt so good to watch that fat fascist fuck fall his death, with the rest of the trumptards would do the same.
>>
>>1831231
you can't impose fines on the parents of adults for the deeds of their children... they may have started to go for the inheritence of the dead person... but there is no way they could fine the families directly...
>>
>>1827396
Fuck.
I hate this and love it at the same time.
But this also shows how nobody shows how much they care until it's too late.

And that kinda sucks.
>>
>>1820233
That song at the end is a Japanese folk song called 'Obokuri Eeumi' by 'Ikue Asazaki'. It's basically a sad song about being a poor farmer.
>>
>>1819782
I'm always thinking about it.
I have an amazing wife, a great family that cares for me.
But im just always depressed.
What the fuck do I do.
>>
>>1827961

Read the title of the webm. It's a film from 2000
>>
File: (You).webm (316KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
(You).webm
316KB, 320x240px
>>1833227
lol kill yourself faggot
>>
>>1833235
Anything for you, worthless stranger
>>
>>1832967
Eyy, thanks for providing some evidence!

>Disrupted sleep is better for depression than regular sleep.
>has a sample size of 28
Interesting findings, but not very conclusive

>Exercise, like all the other shit that is coming out of your mouth, has no efficacy:
This is actually convincing

>No quality causative studies back up diet changes for depression. No correlative studies back up improving depression controlling for other factors.
Also pretty convincing

>What is with this faux-elitism of simultaneously acting like a petulant child,
I responded "if you say so" because you provided no evidence that the 3 factors have "no power"

>lying,
I read studies on occasion. I don't have all the time in the world, nor full access to most of them, so I haven't read every major study made in the last 20 years. Now that you provided relevant shit to read, I can look into those and related studies to learn more.

>Good for you, you managed to find the cure for depression! The world's greatest single mental health expense. Time to publish your findings in The Lancet and take 40% of the 1 trillion USD spent per year on trying to treat it.
I guess this makes the billionth time I've said that my advice isn't a cure-all or definite 100% fix, just that it'd probably work for most people with average depression.
>>
File: i hate myself.webm (4MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
i hate myself.webm
4MB, 352x288px
>>
>>1832164
Unreal how you can be so arrogant about your supposed correct thinking (which is both incorrect and laughably anecdotal), categorically lack both advanced and basic reading comprehension in regards to the post you're replying to, moralizing while lacking a fundamental understanding of the various spectrum of colors depression comes in, and yet accuse the person you're replying of being on a high horse. Your advice is bad, you are a bad person, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>1833263
JUST

ADMIT

YOU

WERE

WRONG
>>
>>1831218
People need to realise that it's not the time that someone has been lurking which determines if they have seen a certain gif/image/webm but actually the frequency of that said gif/image/webm being posted, also the chance that that person actually clicks on that said gif/image/webm at the time that it is posted.

Asshole.
>>
>>1833980
>Stupid faget won't admit they are wrong.

They wont.

This is part of the reason why I want to be dead. This is precisely the reason why I don't bother jumping through all the hoops to publish my work, go to conferences, and all that bullshit.

The vast majority of people are authoritarian hedonists. They care about being right, control, and feeling good. Anything that does not jive with that is classified as wrong by their subconscious theory of knowledge. Science is great, but only if it says what they want. Same with religion, which is why people cherry pick their faith and are hypocrites. Even when they admit their views are incorrect, average people self-identify with their views, thus surrendering a point feels the same as surrendering a part of the self, the ego. They won't do it.

Society, culture, the world, whatever you want to call it is as good as it possibly can be at any given time. If not adequately determinism doesn't float your boat just remember that it was built by, for, and maintained by people with merely an IQ of 100.

You can't make the world better on purpose. Those that do are very lucky. Ethics are subjective. One person's happiness is another person's outrage. Making the world better requires knowing what everyone values and what the weighting of that is. Even if you could do that, predicting the outcome of action is impossibly hard. That is why being persistent is touted as the strongest virtue in making your life better. Try, roll the dice, try again until you get the numbers you want. For some, winning numbers never come. For others, winning numbers always pop up.

With a necessary and sufficient number of people knowing and making decisions with individually subjective human well being as the goal, our future could be quite bright. Depression as a condition would be hard-pressed to continue.

But right now, too many people are like that guy above: making life a prisoner's dilemma where you know some already defected.
>>
>>1833227
go to a therapist...
sounds like systemic depression that should be treated with meds.
>>
>>1833111
Technically it's a lawsuit. Usually 1 million yen, which is about $10,000.
>>
>>1833995
your post literally amounts to i haven't been here that long so i haven't seen this gif. lurk moar newfag.
>>
>>1831933
I read once that he streamed it and was asked to wear that
>>
>>1831603
The only thing I regret is it not working. My mentality hasn't gotten any better. Fuck you.
>>
>>1827579
Yeah I mean what's the point if you might survive right?
>>
>>1831393
a lot easier said than done. I'm the fucking picture they would use in the dictionary for NEET. I'm fat, hairy, out of shape, crouched over, and I just can't get the motivation to push myself. What's the point? So I can get a girlfriend and have her leave me and go through all that pain and suffering again? No. None of that. Ending everything is literally the only solution left. I've called Crisis lines, only to have them laugh at me and hang up (more than once, too) I've been to psychiatrists that have given up on me because it's too much to work on. It's all fucking over for me. the few friends I have would all understand if I were to drop dead tomorrow. there would be sadness, and sorrow, yeah for sure. but after a day or two, everyone and everything would move on. What's the point in even trying knowing all this
>>
>>1837079
Fuck. Even with all that, I hope you find some way to a better life dude.
>>
>>1827567
Shut the fuck up, holy shit is there a more annoying tripfag on this site?
>>
>>1827988
source my man
>>
>>1831117
you missed my most pertinent question: what's in it for me?

now i understand that for you this is a somewhat cathartic entertainment, in that you get the chance to talk to a big bad christian in your safe-space and be as snide and condescending as you wish - making assumptions and inferences as to your opponents faculties without any need for the politeness so required in meatspace

but anon, in this doggy dog world of the imageboards, poasters like you are a diamond dozen; and at this point in my career i don't feel particularly inclined - nor see any need - to humour you

that's why i've pretty much ignored you for a week or so, and only came back because this anon @ >>1837896 was so nice;
> ...holy shit is there a more annoying tripfag on this site?

you're too kind
>>
>>1827396
Couldnt do this to my family plus I would just leave them debt. All I want to do is make it in this world of assholes but im starting to think it isnt possible for me.
>>
>>1839082
I think it's possible anon. It's tough for us but I believe we'll pull through. Keep at it friendo.
>>
What's on your list of things you want to do before dying?
I want you to be part of the reason why I am still here and hanging on.
>>
I OD'd on prescription pain meds when I was 17. My worst memory, one that still keeps me up at night over 10 years later, is the moment my old man found me, slumped over the dining room table, right as I was about to fall asleep. My old man was an army drill instructor for decades, and I had never so much as seen his eyes mist over, but I'll never forget the stream of tears that ran down his face as he carried me out to the car to drive me to the ER. Its never worth it. I still have nerve damage in my extremities from it, and it'll always remind me. Its a long term solution for a short term problem.
>>
>>1831393
>just do what you are unable to do
>>
>>1839082
It really isn't possible.
If it weren't for my parents I probably wouldn't be here anymore....

sucks, knowing you're a disgrace and your parents will never be able to feel proud of a failure like you (talking about me, not you...)
>>
>>1839306
>Its a long term solution for a short term problem.
Shitty meme is shitty.

The problem is the human condition my friend; and that is terminal.
>>
>>1827101
Pretty crazy how purple his face gets.
>>
>>1819787
>to tonight
kys idiot
>>
>>1837079
Then do something about it. Excercise and shave and be social. You cant expect change without putting in some work. Really anon, you can very much do it.
>>
>>1837079
Asking yourself "what's the point" doesn't justify the fact that you have given up.
>>
>>1827218
you need a hobby
>>
File: 1453228146405.gif (251KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1453228146405.gif
251KB, 500x550px
I'm looking for a webm I saw a few months ago.

It was about a guy with a distorted voice emotionless telling a story about his day, I think it was about an encounter with a woman. The visuals were black and white, probably stock footage of people walking in a city. I also remember the resolution being somewhat small.

Anybody knows what I'm talkin about?
>>
File: human being.webm (4MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
human being.webm
4MB, 176x144px
>>1844079
>>
This isn't going to anyone specific, but I want to leave a message to anyone who is legitimately considering committing suicide. Just think about what you haven't experienced. You're most likely under 30 years old, you most likely haven't seen what life is like away from where ever you live, visit a completely different country/area from where you currently are, somewhere beautiful, or somewhere dull, whatever appeals to you. Consider saving up to go on vacation to a different state/country, and Definitely see a therapist, a real one, not some local fuckface that is going to tell you everything you want to hear. Consider speaking out, when people say get a hobby, they don't just mean learn to fucking play guitar, Sign up for a local club for something that you are genuinely interested in, I'm sure there's a fuckin chess club or Video game club or Bingo club, etc. full of people willing to accept you as a regular member of society.
>>
>>1834546
Lol what are you like 15?
>>
I'm not saying this to promote people to kill themselves but if people are going to and there's nothing anybody can do about it here's some advice: OD on prescription drugs.
I work in ICU's and let me tell you I see a lot of suicide attempt patients. Some are cries for help some are actual attempts but whatever. Thing is someone finds you during the process they're (hopefully) going to call 911 and resuscitate you. If they find any sign of a pulse you get intubated on site and sent to the hospital and probably go to the OR because they almost always have some type of stroke. I have seen multiple patients survive hanging themselves for over 30 minutes, severe carbon monoxide poisoning, fuck even self inflicted gunshot wounds to the head. These people lived and had permanent disabilities/brain damage because they didn't need a respirator to keep them alive but they sure as shit can't hold a spoon anymore.
ODing is your best shot: Look up drugs that can be potentially lethal if taken in high doses (in my case propranolol for migraines but is also used to treat high BP so it's easy to come by, but use whatever you want) you need at least 30 min w/o anyone finding you say you're taking a nap if you live with people. In the (fortunate?) event someone finds you and your not retarded and leave the bottle right next to you odds are it will be to late even if you have a pulse. Once at the hospital they check your neuros and if you have shitty checks they do an ECS test to see if your brain dead. Drugs work fast even if they can get you to throw up most of what you took it's already running through your body at a fast rate. The goal is to stop your heart AND kill your brain, lots of family cling to both of those as a means to keep you alive so either you'll have a working heart but be "locked in" or your brains working just fine so they're fine with leaving you on a machine. Anoxic events have a poor prognosis so it's your best shot for succeeding and being painless.
>>
>>1844519
yes this is it, thanks man
>>
>>1845191
What do you make of these statistics then? According to them, wouldn't using a shotgun be the best option given its 99% success rate as opposed to prescription drugs' 12.3%?
>>
File: fantasic four deleted scene.webm (1MB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
fantasic four deleted scene.webm
1MB, 640x432px
>>
>>1845964
And I'm retarded. Here's the link:
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/statistics-most-lethal-methods
>>
>>1820233
35 for me
>>
>>1827396
That's why I'm going off a skyscraper bitches.
>>
>>1819782
for some reason I read 'suicidal vibes' in the same voice and tune as the voice at the start of 'california love' by tupac
>>
>>1827060
why the fuck is this like x3 speed?
>>
>>1844519
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>1831231
How fucking cynical.
>>
>>1832040
So you're saying depression and anxiety and all that stuff cannot be cured or coped with and that nothing objectively, potentially positive should be introduced in that vicious circle, that the world should revolve around depressives and their tendency to put their sadness on a pedestal and the ensuing, pathological rhetoric of stillness and immobility? Everyone knows that you cannot walk on a broken leg but a leg heals when it is put in a cast, when it lays within a solid foundation. Depression doesn't just go away after 2 months of not moving. Depression IS not moving. Sleeping 10 hours a day is the sickness. Being unable is the sickness. It's a vicious circle that needs to be hacked through. Telling yourself you cannot overcome and dialogue with your brain, however "sick" it may be is an insult to your whole self, it's telling yourself that you've failed without even trying. It's bitching that you broke your leg and dwelling on the situation when you should look forward to healing. I'm against that idea that you cannot tame your brain and start having conversation with it, that you'll forever be your own victim and that there is only "coping" and no "healing": that just isn't true and it's no better than labelling people as hysterics or locking them away. Depressives, sick people and society in general needs to do away with the fucking stigma because those are things we can either live with or treat and heal from. And the same way "healthy" people should dialogue more with "sick" people, sick people should dialogue more with their healthy self and take and make their priority constructing a mental hygiene that gives them the tools not to stay down when they go down.

When you've been coping with shit for years, you eventually develop a fighting spirit and ask your defective, wild brain to throw shit at you with a grin on your face because you've seen worse. You cannot play it defensive all your life, at some point, you have to fight for yourself.
>>
>>1819786
Couldn't have chosen a prettier time of day to end it
>>
>>1848987
And the mental trick is not asking yourself if you're capable, if you've slept enough, if you're in good conditions, the mental trick is to be mad. To start without being asked to. To do the thing without any goal in mind. To just do it. And you're the one deciding which way it'll go. No one else can, and there lies your true power.
>>
>>1827101
If you watch the whole video people come in just seconds after he stops moving
>>
>>1848995
And if you've been doing it for decades
"strength through anger" stops working. What you're right about is it's truly better to hide it for as long as possible and pretend everything is fine for the benefit of those who care for you, at least in the severe cases. All the while preparing an "accident" for when you can't bear it anymore.
>>
File: cat and his wafffles.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cat and his wafffles.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>1849185
just because there might be no yet known "cure" for Anons depression now, it could happen at any moment in the future, letting some people know can open up more opportunities

Personally i lose faith in my knowledge that it'll never get better before i lose faith in it getting better. I try to justify it as some kind modesty.
>>
>>1827567
lmao get a load of this cultist faggot
>>
>>1849211
That's a healthy mindset, good luck on this path.
>>
>>1833965
that's a bad prefab sprout remix if i ever heard one

get out with that shit
>>
>>1837079
you sound like that cunt that dwells through life too busy feeling pitty for himself instead of actually taking some of the help other people bless you with, too attention hungry and self-centered to even notice if someone besides you is having a bad day
>>
>>1819787
kys
>>
>>1819787
do a back flip faggot
>>
File: space slav.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
space slav.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>1837079
Scream.
no, honestly. Whenever i feel life absolute shit i take the bus to a nearby hill, look down at my town and do a godawful scream. It clears your mind, its like, 'i m alive and im gonna win' I might be a bit psycho but i think someone is making my life shit trough little stuff here and there so i use this as a small fuck you to him.
Scream something that expresses you, cry, let it all out
>>
>>1819782
>the men kill themselves while the woman pretends to do it for attention with her photographer boyfriend taking pics
it checks out
>>
>>1820443

>idiots
>comes up with theories that cannot be proven, and asks us just to believe in it
>>
>>1849620
if in the face of all the evidence you deny the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, you are a self deluding fool

ergo: idiot
>>
>>1831429
Except that it was only jumping that changed that dudes life.
>>
>>1833051
Strange. Here we find a person who probably should kill themself.
>>
>>1841595
brah your parents should always be proud of you. If they arent its their fault for not raising you properly
and dont try to find an excuse, if your parents actually made sure you were fine while growing up its nearly impossible that you became a "failure"
just dont worry, your parents probably are proud of you and its only your self judging that wont let you believe it
Try to work on your selfesteem and its gonna be much easier
>>
>>1820443
Hope ur doing ok Jim. Hang in there
>>
>>1819782
Would you die just from the fall or the shock hitting the cold water cause you to drown?
>>
>>1849897
Lol
>>
>>1827434
It's everyday bro
>>
Not a webm or gif but a great video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Gz0Jfp-jI
>>
>>1850274

>>1850274

The one guy jumping who you get a good look at around 3:08 really gets me.

I don't remember the entire story but he killed himself after taking care of his terminally ill mother after many many years. She died and he had no other family. So he went to the bridge the next day or so and ended it all.

Poor dude.
>>
File: Larry Phillips Suicide.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Larry Phillips Suicide.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>
>>1850278
That's retarded. Should've started looking for a good woman and start his own family. You don't cope with loss of loved ones by staying alone.
>>
File: 1335255389364.gif (4MB, 223x237px) Image search: [Google]
1335255389364.gif
4MB, 223x237px
>>
>>1827473
Not him, but I assume heart attack?
>>
>>1841658
So stop being a poser and kys
>>
File: 1503963387817.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503963387817.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Don't give up just yet. Be a man and get your shit together.
>>
>>1850763
that would be better without the retarded cartoon shit
>>
>>1850763
>editing a perfect video
for what purpose
>>
File: 1500064547329.webm (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500064547329.webm
4MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>1819786

i would like the name of this song please
>>
>>1850937
don't kill yourself

WINTΣR CHΣЯЯY - пpыгaй вниз (prigay vniz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIqh9Hj1Z8o&ab_channel=SuicideVibes
>>
>>1851208
>dont KYS
this site has changed since 2006
>>
>>1851215
i miss moot
>>
What you fags need is to be needed because you're attention whores. Get a job or volunteer, at the least, at a hospital. Seeing as how pathetic you are, you might not even make it past a week.

Before you say to look at a mirror or anything else, I'm in no higher position. I'm a volunteer for about 5 months. Working at the hospital has been the most exilerating feeling. People need volunteers, and not just because it's a free worker, but because you help nurses, doctors, office staff, etc with their work to make it more efficient. You have no fucking idea how thankful people were to have me help in the emergency department, inpatient floors, and more. The feeling of people relying on you to make things easier and to help others is a beautiful thing.

The problem with you fuckers, is that you're selfish. I'm no religious man, but working at the hospital make a you think that they may be something out there. I can't prove anything when it comes to religion but what I can say is there's some serious coincidences. On my way home I was thinking of buying a 50$ psn card. Instead I went home because I forgot to piss before leaving the hospital. As I was cleaning my glasses they broke on the bridge of the glasses so I had to pay 100$ to get new frames. That may be just a coincidence but consider if a higher being forced those events to occur.

TL;DR work at a hospital you pussy faggots. Also work out. Do some cardio. Get your body moving. Set some goals to do, even if it's in a video game.
>>
>>1821578
;)
>>
>>1827101
you don't actually even need to be hanging in order to hang yourself
>>
>>1851252
I also shadow at a hospital but for an internship experience as well as getting to shadow doctors since I'm going into the medical field. It's good advice but may not be the right advice for people with poor mental health. People need to have perspective true but they also need help before they can help anyone else let alone themselves. But yes still highly recommend volunteering anywhere especially a hospital
>>
>>1844597
>Just think about what you haven't experienced
But everything they do experience is hell, so why hang around for more? Maybe you care but your argument is shite mate, a person seeking death is doing so because when they look ahead all they see is more misery. The way to get people off the ledge is to let them know that you've felt hopeless too and then just listen, don't talk. These people don't want ideas on how to better their life and find happiness, they just want someone to give a fuck for a few minutes. So give a fuck for a few minutes and you'll do infinitely more for people than if you were to try throwing out all your great ideas. Often times these people are as fucked as they are because they have nobody to talk to and that's dangerous because without talking we can't really know what we think. Being a pair of ears, even if you don't understand, helps them understand themselves.

I know you care mate, but telling the depressed to "think of all the good things" is akin to telling the blind to "think of all the colours".
>>
>>1851324
It's not as clear-cut. For some there is some problem (or two, or five) that is melting their brain and they do want solutions that actually work, but chances are they've been banging their head against a wall in futility for years already.
Then there's endogenous vs. exogenous. Or might be a combination thereof, even.
>>
>>1820233
>I plan on killing myself in a couple years when i'm 30

iktf I have a great fear of getting older and my health getting worse(and it isn't great as is) but I have a pretty good chance of having a heart attack before 30 so fuck it

it is strange feel to think my life might already be over 2/3 run even though I'm only 19
>>
>>1819786
Saddest cyka bylat to date
>>
>>1827396
this guy was also in The Bridge
45:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYjf3zP09Ew
>>
>>1846041
Setting yourself on fire has to be the classiest way. Get to feel the pain of the end.
All those tibetan monks etc..
>>
>>1851252
your advice honestly blows.
>do this and that because you don't care
like, wtf
>>
File: work.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
work.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>1839082
>>
>>1827277
I can't believe I watched this entire movie. What a waste of time.
>>
>>1827396
He looks like Remy LaCroix
>>
>>1833051
>fascist
has to be bait
>>
>>1850937
better version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10B8W3CqXM
>>
>>1853518
how unrealistic
>>
>>1851445
have you lost the will to do anything at all?
it's kind of like that for me, but sometimes I just like to go out randomly on a walk and daydream, can be 3 in the morning, since I don't have much of a schedule anyways, it's not like I plan it or anything, it's just when I'm so bored that I don't feel like doing anything at all that I do this, it works sometimes.
>>
>>1827072
kek'd
>>
>>1853814
kek
>>1853882
exposure to the unknown will provide good stimulation if your bored with a petty existence anon
>>
File: I missmybrother.webm (1MB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
I missmybrother.webm
1MB, 640x424px
Lost my gf of eight years to my stupid anger and pot withdrawals. I feel so stupid, I'm here lookig at my pile of clothing and been sleeping on her couch for the past three months, two days till I move out into the hotel I work at.

I wish I never fell in love. It's so much better if none of that happened and I just joined the army or if I just died the day I passed out from huffing dust off. I wish I never let go of the trigger.

I feel so stupid for fucking things up this bad.
>>
>>1821718
That's a WWII Vet hat anon, this is old footage. Also the third guy crosses himself before he jumps. The little details here are tragic.
>>
>>1827101
Damn, he was fucking committed, I'll give him that.
>>
>>1850888
That's some hard-core shit, also nice trips.
>>
>>1820443
lel i bet you're a protestant
i bet you read the bible fag
>>
>>1846041
kekd at file name
>>
>>1820443
Go away schizo and let us kill ourselves in peace
>>
>>1850614
holy shit,that train gave him a crocodile death roll
>>
File: 1503877335736.gif (2MB, 290x260px) Image search: [Google]
1503877335736.gif
2MB, 290x260px
>>1853672
>>
>>1849472
I'LL DO A SHRIEK FOR YOU
>I'LL DO A SHRIEK FOR YOU
>>
>>1831581
>What you are saying is "Have you tried not being depressed?" with an extra step added
Who fed you that bullshit?.No, it's not telling you to stop being depressed with something added. Doing those things will legitimately make you a happier, less shit-feeling person. You're not supposed to like doing them when you start. It's a struggle just to get out of bed or to smile back at people when they smile at you first. Your horseshit attitude is rooted in defeatism. You don't have to go try and succeed. You just ave to go do something.

One of the hardest moments in my life was going to a fucking McDonald's and eating a hamburger in total silence and a girl who couldn't have been older than four smiled and waved at me. It took everything in me to just smile back and raise my hand a little. Showing gratitude and kindness to a stranger who asked for nothing was almost too much for me to do. And you know what? I fucking grew up and got over my shitty self.

Don't give us the "well you don't know what it's like" or the "it's not your fault you don't know. You CAN'T know" routine to make yourself feel justified in being a shitty person. Hell, you may not even be a bad guy or gal, you just want to feel that way because it's easier than actually doing something about your worthless molehill of a self.

Grow the fuck up. Eat right. Exercise. Sleep regularly. Pick one. Pick something else. JUST FUCKING IMPROVE YOUR GODDAMNED SELF.

t. A guy whose small family died of cancer or a single car crash and has survived two suicide attempts, been told he was a worthless human being when confessing depression to his now ex-girlfriend, and found out he had cancer not three months after seeing his mother, father, and sister all get put in the ground from a car wreck

It's in you, anon. Find it. Fish it out. And fix it.
>>
>>1854577
Not the person you were talking to but, basically

>mozart was a genius but he wasn't once, so you can do it too

Thanks mister.

Not trying to downplay your achievements, I'm sincerely happy for you, and you have gone through shitty times, all of us have.

But to believe that everyone is equal in terms of capabilities is stupidity on your part.

Maybe I am a defeatist indeed. Maybe I do feel sorry for myself and I'm a lazy piece of shit. Or maybe I'm not, and I'm affected by different things in a different manner than you are.

So yeah, whatever, that won't change, not by reading what you said.

I've been this way 27 years of my life, kinda late to change now.

You seem to put way too much faith into random people you don't even know - just because you were capable of outgrowing your fears and disabilities.

Maybe you are indeed a better person than me - and that's just nature, we're all animals after all, and some of us are better than others.
>>
>>1853822
no shit sherlok
>>
File: 1446763353191.webm (4MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446763353191.webm
4MB, 426x240px
>>1820233
How old are you even now? Why wait until 30? Don't plan to live while not having a reason to live, hope is a trap.
>>
>>1854744
is this webm supposed to be comedy cause I am laughing my ass off
>>
>>1853961
You have already had it better than most. At least you have the memory. What a waste of a memory. It could be used as ambition for someone else.
>>
>>1854901
it is supposed to be hacking
>>
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

talk with someone anons. be strong.
>>
>>1819786
Newfag to /wsg/ here, any backstory on this?
>>
hey does anyone have that webm with the black guy talking over his dead buddies grave
>>
>>1820443
Hello christian anon. Want you to know that you're right and that I wish people here could understand they need to unlock their spirituality within and stop looking at the world through sheer cold-hearted logic.
>>
>>1854663
Different person here, its a proven fact that symptoms of depression can be helped by having a good lifestyle, eating a large breakfast, exercising, having a consistent routine. Because by doing these things you make yourself stronger and then more able to deal with the things that cause your real depression. Because you feel like you cannot solve those problems. So start with the things you can solve and you will get better.
>>
>>1855297
I already have a large breakfast every day, I also have very consistent routines related to my work and time off of work.

So 2 things out of the 4 you mentioned.
I don't know what you mean by good lifestyle and exercising is out of the question now. I used to exercise but I hurt myself badly bench pressing and squatting, I live in a shithole 3rd world country and don't have health insurance so I don't have chances of being treated properly any time soon.

Honestly, what makes me sad the most is living in this God damned shithole country, full of murderers and crime, so disgustingly dangerous and full of dumb, rude and opinionated people.

So I drown all of that with alcohol.

>inb4 don't drink

mate, I've been at it since I was 13.
>>
>>1854663
His preaching might help someone who's not beyond hope yet.
>>
>>1855234
suicide caught on tape somewhere in russia with sad russian music, smple shit
>>
>>1855207
kys
>>
>>1821586
That's what they believe but it's not true, or else skydivers and bungee jumpers would die too. It's a painful way to die!
>>
>>1855308
how much can you drink in 6 hours mate?
just curious random anon
>>
Not that suicidal maybe but always gets me feeling so low and so.. Weird at the same time.
>>
>>1855532

Aand it seems i dont know how to embed youtube links to chan. Fuck it the song is

Massive Attack - Live With Me
>>
>>1846041
FLAME ON!!!!!!
>>
>>1827072
lol
>>
>>1827192
Honestly I'm impressed the train could stop that fast. That's some fine engineering.
>>
>>1827396
"I said 'I'm sorry Dad'. And he told me 'No, I'm sorry son.' And if you think about it both of our reactions were that of guilt. Guilt that didn't belong to either of us."
I don't thing this is true. The guilt belongs to everyone. That was the whole lesson of '13 Reasons Why'. Everyone contributes and ultimately everyone shares responsibility. People innately understand this, whether they deny it or not. And that's ultimately why my fantasy of suicide is a revenge fantasy. And why it contends with my fantasy of a mass shooting for how I choose to end my life.
>>
>>1830875
As someone who has been depressed for years, does all three of these things, and has tried SSRIs: go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1488580409794.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488580409794.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>
>>1855864
>Everyone contributes and ultimately everyone shares responsibility.
Nah. The overwhelming majority just struggles to get by. No one owes anyone anything by default. And it ends the same for everyone. And no matter what nothing has meaning. Even if the species ever starts making colonies off-world, in a few million years something's bound to fuck up either the DNA or even the galaxy at large. Nothing matters, matter decays.
>>
>>1819782

You're not alone. Confidential help is available for free.

Call 18002738255
>>
>>1831581
Typical. Right answer and you get the full retard"exercise away your depression crowd"
>>
>>1854577
Bullshit. Stop playing like you now what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>tfw you've been coming to these threads to cry and experience feelings for a few days now because you've forgotten what it's like because your life is empty

damn, i didn't think i'd be THAT anon
>>
>>1855080
It does have the most realistic portrayal of hacking in any mainstream media released to date.
Mr. Robot for anyone interested (be warned it does go a bit Fight Club SJW, but is still a good show)
>>
File: college fund.webm (3MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
college fund.webm
3MB, 250x188px
>>1855238
>>
File: Suicidal Thoughts (Simpson).webm (4MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Suicidal Thoughts (Simpson).webm
4MB, 640x480px
>>
>>1856033
Welcome
>>
File: ??????? ??.webm (4MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
??????? ??.webm
4MB, 854x480px
>>
Wouldn't you want to watch something upbeat and cheerful if you were all suicidal and despondent?
>>
>>1856428
Get a load of this retard
>>
>>1827483
the main reason that this is happening in england is because england´s wealthy people needs slaves, or i am wrong?
>>
>>1850888
A S C E N D E D
>>
>>1827067
Whats with all of those tracking red squares?
>>
>>1820248
>high-point is literally 200 dollars (if US)
>>
>>1850763
the love of my life cheated on me with one of my best buddies last night like i fucking front of be like a big FUCK YOU ANON THIS IS HOW A REAL MAN HANDLES WOMEN. I just want to die, she was the only thing that mattered to me and I loved her so much
>>
>>1856300
damn nigga shit got me tearing up
and here i thought the internet had turned me heartless
>>
>>1853961
instead of wishing 100% not have fucked things up, you still deny. Instead, you wish you never fell in love.
Well, random stranger, maybe you should really start conisering chaning your life. but taking the shortcut again won't help you.
>>
>>1853822
>t. cry baby alcoholic
>>
>>1855343
6 hours?
about 3 bottles of wines (12%abv).

We have this craft beer called Petroleum which has 13% ABV, I can drink that for free where I work, I usually drink 2 to 3 liters per day when we have it there.

Last time I drank an entire bottle of Jim Bean Black in 3 hours.
>>
>>1855325
Do you honestly believe that?
If so I guess I've been beyond hope for quite some time now...
>>
>>1856960
Yes and yes. Remember, you weren't always like this. Think early childhood, for example. Most progress much slower, everything depends on circumstances and normally there's not enough factors to make someone completely hollow by early twenties.
>>
>>1853961
If she really loved you she wouldn't have let go.
That whole bullshit about loving and letting go is a fucking lie.
>>
>>1857135
Bullshit, if somebody threats you like shit over and over, you need to go. In most cases you can't change people, so it is better for you to step on the break and say goodbay.
If you don't do it and do what's good for you, you will start slowing sympathize with suicide webms.
>>
>>1831393
>just do it
>>
>>1856591
Computer trying to determine if there is someone falling on the track. It could send an alert to the subway coming through.
>>
>>1820443
What about people incurable illnesses, and modern technology keeping them alive? Are we rebelling against God then? So killing youself would be the better option since you were supposed to die anyways, right? That's why you got the disease, right?
>>
>>1856615
Don't kill yourself for a woman anon. It's not worth it. This situation just showed you were surrounded by cunts (your friend and your ex). Forget about those people and take some time to think about yourself.

I've never been cheated by a gf before but my two best friends acted like the meanest bitches to me a few months ago. I spent 10 years of my life favorizing them instead of other people that wanted to go out/do things with me. Now I'm almost alone, but I realized that they held me back. Sometimes anon, some terrible things happen to show you that the best is yet to come. The past few months were pretty bad for me, but it helped me to find new projects in my life, I did a trip alone, by myself 3 weeks ago... I met new people, discovered so much things about myself there. I discovered that I was able to leave my confort zone, do things alone like a man, find my way in a country where I can't even read the characters. I would never have done this trip if I was still friend with them because I would have spent all the money I saved in booze, bars and stupid things. I lost my best friends, but I found new people, and new goals in my life. And It makes me happier than I've ever been before.

The best is yet to come anon, trust me.
>>
>>1846041
Went out in a blaze of glory
>>
>>1856615
I suggest listening to some Bill Burr. Search for his podcasts
>>
https://youtu.be/WMUG8iIhnPo
>>
>>1858971
Sure I'm not going to kill myself I just said that I wanted to die and it's true, I feel like total shit, I've been laying in my bed for the past two days thinking about a lot of various things, I just need time to recover from this huge pain but yeah, I asked some anons on R9K about this situation and they told me the exact same thing than you did: Forget her and keep moving. I will never forget her, we shared such great moments of happiness together and I loved her so much, I just can't let go, but I guess there's no way around... Yeah sure I have learned a lot from this but it hurts so goddamn much. Anyway, In which country did you go? Japan?

>>1859001
K any specific one or should I pick the first one I see on YT?
>>
>>1827067
Probably the most selfish way to end it. You're going to fuck up the conductors day, and possibly bring bystanders with you if they try to help.
>>
>>1827277
gooks killing themselves. my wet dream
>>
>>1856545
roman republic fell because of slaves, indirectly
>>
>>1853822
vid says, dont drink, work, and dont live in a capitalist country. how is that unrealistic?
>>
>>1859033
>I will never forget her, we shared such great moments of happiness together and I loved her so much, I just can't let go, but I guess there's no way around...
Correct. Cherish the good, let the bad get grounded into dust by time.

>Yeah sure I have learned a lot from this but it hurts so goddamn much.
It will get easier. Not by a lot but enough to keep going on.
>>
>>1855864
i gotta say this is the dumbest thing i have read all year. Everyone is trying to stay afloat by themselves. Selfish kids wants to sink the rest because they have no wish to stay afloat. ridiculous.
>>
>>1850274
was just gonna post this
>>
>>1856396
nice song..
>>
>>1831120
whats the story here?
>>
>>1837079
>the few friends I have
Fuckin normie
>>
File: opera subway.webm (4MB, 634x360px) Image search: [Google]
opera subway.webm
4MB, 634x360px
>>1819782
>>
File: Hawaiʻi ʻōʻō.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hawaiʻi ʻōʻō.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>
>>1859113
And the Egyptian empire lasted for millennia with slaves
>>
>>1827101
It's a swede with autism who livestreamed his suicide, posted the link to the web forum Flashback.
>>
>>1856615
For her to be the love of YOUR life, you have to be the love of HER life.

Dont stress on women, take your time. It will be alright.
>>
>>1820233
I planned to do it at 30. Now I keep telling myself 35.
Sitting here at 32, divorced, paying child support for a kid that does not even know he is mine, working from home and have not left my apartment in weeks. I have not even seen another human for 2 weeks.

I have nothing to live for but it just feels so much easier to keep going and suffering than to end it...
>>
File: 119mo11.gif (3MB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
119mo11.gif
3MB, 250x167px
>>
File: 1193135055537.gif (2MB, 227x235px) Image search: [Google]
1193135055537.gif
2MB, 227x235px
>>
>>1856396
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgM8KuX9RLM
>>
File: cig.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
cig.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>1851829
>>
File: oslf.webm (4MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
oslf.webm
4MB, 800x480px
I feel irrelevant in this world. Like everything I cared about was lost long ago. Not gonna kill myself though. Probably. I still hope to be helpful to society in some way. I don't think I'll ever be happy and I think I don't even want to. Because this world is a fucked up and unfair place by its nature. And all the shit that happens to good people really saddens me. Also it so happened that I've never loved a girl. Sometimes I'm just trying to chase this feeling of tragedy and beauty of life at the same time. Because I can't feel much these days even though I want to. I just feel tired and old. 27 btw.
>>
>>1827101

I've tried that once, it's hard as fuck. Couldn't go all the way.
>>
>>1839082
good people are out there, anon.
not perfect people, but good nonetheless.
>>
Idk should I kill myself. Can't remember the last time I was happy, life is pointless, etc etc. But it's all fucking true and I don't like living anymore. It's time to move on. But oh no my family will miss me. Who fucking cares. When you're dead you'll have no feeling of guilt so it won't fucking matter. Goodbye guys. Make sure you really want to kill yourself. Make sure you're not moody when you do so. Make sure you smile when you pull the trigger, like me. Bye
>>
>>1844519
Sauce?
I love this
>>
>>1862905
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0zCAFZImjUg26h-ikUciMQ
>>
>>1862909
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0zCAFZImjUg26h-ikUciMQ
Nice
>>
>>1862460
definitely agree on this one
>>1862791
Nice dramapost lad. Don't kys, it's pointless, I mean as long as you're not a starving North Korean kid or living in a shithole 3rd world country you have absolutely no reasons to kys, just idk go outside, try going on /soc/ and meet people, idk I kinda suck for cheering people up since I'm probabily as beta as you but, just try a little harder and pls rember that when day is dark always rember happy day :)
>>
>>1851445
>it is strange feel to think my life might already be over 2/3 run even though I'm only 19
I'm similar, however I'm 23
I'm planning on doing it at 40 if I still don't have a family by then
I don't want to live in a retirement home
My family has some bad health history so I also don't want to be in a hospital with nobody to help take care of me. All the health problems start showing at around 45 in my family so 40 is a good time to go
I was planning on being creative and letting like a raspberry pi trigger a servo that pulls the trigger on a shotgun at a random date after I turn 40 and while I'm sleeping
>>
>>1827192
>guy says seriously
What did you expect? You drive trains in japan
>>
>>1830875
I am depressed. Have been for 13 years. I do all three of those, and consistently, too. I am on SSRI's. It doesn't stop the depression, though. The exercise, sleep, and eating well don't make a dent.

The medicine lessens the effect; but its still present. My body is just build wrong. I experience stress and depression more easily than I experience calm, happiness, or just normalcy. Don't know why it is this way, but it is.
>>
>>1832967
>>1833263

Guys, guys: anon here >>1833263
was attempting to help. Exercise, diet, and sleep are all doctor recommended in addition to medication and therapy. The anon above >>1832967
was able to provide links with a counterargument, which 1st anon found helpful. I understand the frustration and defensiveness being felt, but I don't believe we are on opposite sides here. (most) Everyone wants to help each other here, but mental health issues are really tricky. There is no magic bullet; only recommended steps. I hope anyone in this thread who is struggling with these issues is seeking help, or can find the strength to reach out and start getting treatment.
>>
>>1831401
>in San Francisco
I highlight doubt that
>>
>>1863503
Highly*
>>
File: blinding light.gif (685KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
blinding light.gif
685KB, 500x281px
>>1853961
Im going to give a no bullshit opinion. I have always believed relationships end for a reason. And by the sound of your post I will hazard the guess that you were the reason she left. So, it doesn't do any good wishing to change the past. Look forward and get better. If you are still doing drugs and huffing dust, knock that shit off and find something better. Also, for the love of christ, if you think that she was "the one".... Slap yourself. There are plenty of fantastic girls out there in this world. Get your shit together and go find them.
TLDR: Stop wishing about past shit, and make yourself a better person.
>>
>>1856428
When you are depressed. Watching something happy is far more painful that watching others in misery. You don't want to be reminded that you are alone in your misery.
>>
>>1820233
this one makes me kekd
>>
>>1850888
The way those police/soldiers transition simultaneously from holding back the monks to watching the one guy go up in flames is intense. The music helps a lot but it all looks very surreal and scripted.
>>
>>1850888
This is the way i wanna go. On my own terms.
It might be the worst fucking pain i will ever feel but at least then i will feel alive just as i die.
>>
>>1832040
thx for telling people how it works. i get tired of trying to explain, especially irl, and especially to people who mean well.
>>
>>1832974
thing is, it's a periodical thing for me, whether things are good or bad, it just kinda comes back, soon enough. has since i was ~13, mid twenties now.
>>
>>1851252
>Get a job or volunteer, at the least, at a hospital
did you know doctors are disproportionally depressed/suicidal?
>>
Although it's preferable that these didn't exist, I like these threads.
Because of all these good anons that show up in them, all of these good anons that love all life and try what they can to share hope. All they wish is to feel/know they successfully prevented yet another suicide attempt, another waste of what they truly believe it's a life that still has a good potential. Life can still change, for good. No giving up
>>
>>1854487
Wouldn't have been as painful if that guy didn't try to stop him.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.