[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Atari get away with this? That's pretty fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: josey wales outlaw.jpg (180KB, 918x619px) Image search: [Google]
josey wales outlaw.jpg
180KB, 918x619px
How did Atari get away with this? That's pretty fucking blatant, right there.
>>
>>4260991
Because image and music copyrights weren't nearly as big of an issue in that era.
>>
File: reesesolid[1].jpg (118KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
reesesolid[1].jpg
118KB, 500x394px
Same way Kojima gets away with stealing literally everything he's made.
>>
Before videogames became the huge mainstream thing it was today, people didn't pay attention to them. Devs could steal art, plots, whatever, no one would get sued since the copyright owners had no idea the game even existed. It wasn't until they became popular among normies that people started pointing this stuff out. A good example is Earthbound.

Back when it released, it was mostly ignored even by gamers. The obvious music theft wasn't even touched on. Then once it became the huge "HIDDEN SNES RPG GEM!!!" suddenly everyone can't wait to point out "DID YOU KNOW?".
>>
>>4261015
>hurr what is an homage
>>
>>4260991
And left looks a bit like Josey Wales
>>
>>4261015
Kojima had nothing to do with the MG1 boxart, moron. That was some in-house artist in Konami's marketing division that did traceovers of movie posters.
>>
>>4261046
The fuck? Is that Dark Adventure? Why would they get rid of the live action photo for THIS?
>>
>>4261046
>Kojima had nothing to do with the MG1 boxart

But he did have to do with copying Terminators for Snatcher, copying Trautman and using him as Campbell, and about 50 other things. The guy is a confirmed westaboo who picks and chooses things he likes from movies and puts them in his own games.
>>
>>4261048
>Why would they get rid of the live action photo for THIS?
They're different flyers for different markets. Do you even know how marketing works? Only Konami of America used live-action photos for their arcade flyers. Konami of Japan used hand-drawn art instead.
>>
>>4260991
Because that's how IP law and art works.
>>
>>4261015
>"Carpenter, speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, said one of the rights holders to his 1981 film 'wanted to also go after the video game Metal Gear Solid, which is kind of a rip-off of Escape From New York, too,' Carpenter said.

>No such legal action was taken. Why? 'I know the director of those games, and he's a nice guy,' Carpenter told THR. 'Or at least he's nice to me.' "

Based Carpenter.
>>
>>4260991
Do you get to kill yankees in this game?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.