[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1999 violent video game controversy thread. Doom was obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: columbinedoom.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
columbinedoom.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
1999 violent video game controversy thread.

Doom was obviously blamed the hardest for Columbine, but were any other shooters from the area controversial for the same reason?

Also, are there any good school shooting mods out there for retro games?

What kinds of other media were simultaneously blamed for the shooting, if one were to compile a Columbine gaming soundtrack? I know some music was blamed that they listened to (Rammstein and KMFDM) and some that they didn't (Marilyn Manson and ICP).
>>
Also, link here to the WAD in the OP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj4xjtbq2ua5zco/ColumbineDOOM2.pk3
>>
>>4260486
they blamed ff7 too fyi.
>>
>>4260550
Further evidence that Playstation fans really are the biggest retards walking the earth.
>>
>>4260487
Please tell me this actually incorporates the wads they made somehow.
>>
Not Columbine per se.
Stephen King's Rage
Judas Priest

Why a gaming soundtrack?
>>
>>4260597
Because if I don't call it a "gaming soundtrack", some admin might get on my ass about this being a gaming board and not a music one, even though I'm primarily interested in games that were blamed for Columbine or became controversial after the fact.

Plus, I'm a huge fan of 90's edge music and been obsessed with Columbine since I was a kid. KMFDM and Rammstein are great. I've been a Mansonite for 12 years and a Juggalo for 10. You really can't beat that shit.

>>4260591
Nah, it's more a reenactment of the massacre itself.

What WADs got saved before Geocities or Angelfire or whoever nuked their site are easily found online, though, UAC Labs being the best single player.

Most are just deathmatch maps, though - good, but not very popular outside of the Columbiner community.

The one Eric described as his "life's work" has been lost, unfortunately. I'd give anything to see what it was.
>>
I think Postal had just as much, if not more blame pointed at it, than Doom got.
>>
>>4260632
>ive been a mansonite for 12 years
>mansonite
is that what you faggots call yourself?
>>
>>4260486
The hilarious thing is that Marilyn is one of the most chill guys I can think of. Sure, he's a weirdo, but he is a legitimately awesome guy (and being who he wants is probably how he does it). It just shows how prevalent the mental illness that prevents people from separating artist from art is.
>>
>>4260646
>being such a drone that you have a name for your fanclub
glad im a 4channer rite
>>
Soldier of Fortune
>>
>>4260659
>4channer
it hurts
no, you're just a faggot
>>
File: mateus-da-costa-meira.jpg (36KB, 651x451px) Image search: [Google]
mateus-da-costa-meira.jpg
36KB, 651x451px
Back in 1999, this dude killed a bunch of people in a cinema in Brazil, with a Cobray M-11. His lawyers plead insanity, saying he was influenced by Duke Nukem 3D, where there is also a cinema stage.
>>
>>4260632
>Juggalo
Even after so many years, I still can't believe this was a thing.
>>
>>4260679
hope the threw that defense the fuck out cause the guy wasnt using a winchester 1300 pump shotgun
>>
It wasn't just violence that stirred up controversy, there was all kinds of moral panic ascribed to video games back then. Games couldn't even have gay characters without some congregation of overzealous soccer moms throwing a fit and threatening to take the game's developers to court. This is largely why Nintendo had such strict localization policies; although they were quite overreaching even by the social standards of '80s and '90s America. And in retrospect, I'm not sure that any of Nintendo's censorship policies actually shielded the company from any degree of controversy. They still licensed violent games, albeit with subtle changes like green blood or the removal of religious symbolism.
>>
>>4260632
>been obsessed with Columbine since I was a kid.
>I've been a Mansonite for 12 years and a Juggalo for 10.

jesus wept
>>
>>4260486
Why even dig up this dead topic?
Since games have become the new national passtime, no one makes these moronic claims anymore. Funnily enough, because now games really have become mindless murder simulators to a large extent, but whatever...
(Inb4 some asshurt millennial cunt gets asspained and responds to that generalization)

All that aside,unless a person is dumfoundingly psychologically damaged, with major retardation on top of it and no will of their own; no videogame, movie, music video or proximity of guns has ever caused someone to commit murder.
It was a scapegoat of a society not willing to accept modern (at the time) culture and the changes it brought.
Now that violent imagery is so ingrained in everything we consume these days, people shut up about it finally. For better or worse.

Except comic books. But they're gay, so who cares.
>>
>>4260785
This.
Back then, progressive characters got your game banned. Now morons act like it was a huge crime against humanity and blame the devs because progressive is the in fad right now...

Can't fucking win as a gamer, I guess.
>>
>>4260785
None of them ever set foot in a court though, or even planned to. The majority of lawsuit threats are simply saber rattling, and frivolous lawsuits almost always end in immediate dismissal at best or a fine for contempt of court at worst. They would be immediately told "Then don't play it" and thrown out on their arses.
>>
>>4260669
I said he was a good guy, not a good musician.
>>
>>4260840
People still blame video games, and not just for being sexist. I remember how a few years ago Dark Souls was blamed for the actions of some female serial killer, and of course every time a school shooting happens vidya inevitably gets brought up. Also remember Hatred? Doom seemed similarly edgy to normies at the time.
>>
>>4260847
>Back then, progressive characters got your game banned.
The nail in the coffin for this particular aspect is, surprisingly, Jack Thompson's attack on Bully. He attempted to present the game as racist at one point because you can put a black kid's head in the toilet, but then threw a curveball and said it encouraged homosexuality because you can kiss male characters, which just like wow. And he got really butthurt over the guy he was debating with being completely cool with it.

Almost makes me wonder if these idiots do gaming a favor by being so utterly detached from reality or the subject matter of their complaints.
>>
File: Occult_dnd.png (28KB, 462x239px) Image search: [Google]
Occult_dnd.png
28KB, 462x239px
>>4260486
The controversy over music, Magic, and DnD was far more interesting for me.
>>
>>4260878
There was fuck-all controversy around Hatred though, and it petered out upon release. Best thing about it was the lovely destructible environs. There was however a cuntroversy when people called the developers nazis, at which point the developers (who are Polish) slammed them with a lengthy article stating how their family members were persecuted and killed during the third reich.
>>
>>4260632
Sooooo, you're 16 then. Is that what you're telling us? Please don't shoot up a school anon. Or If you do at least wear a go pro and live stream it.
>>
>>4260669
Learn to read dipshit.
>>
>>4260878
>>4260916
There hasn't really been a good hyper violent game in years though. GTA 5 and that Mortal Kombat game are about it. Not all that violent.
>>
>>4260878
>Miranda Barbour’s claims are so horrific that even America’s leading Satanists are scrambling to distance themselves from her.
>
>“It seems to me that she is calling herself a member of a Satanic cult, not a legally incorporated above-ground form of Satanism,” said Church of Satan head priest Peter Gilmore, who says his church does not condone killing.
And those people call themselves satanists.
>>
>>4260929
Satanism is hardly ever about devil worship and rituals though. It's more about individuality and not taking shit from anyone.
>>
>>4260486
Don't know what it was like in the US, but in Holland back in the day, there was considerable controversy over Wolfenstein 3D (and not Doom), Mortal Kombat and Carmageddon.

Of course, this was just "concerned parents" talk, nothing actually really happened to prevent sale of these games.
>>
>>4260851
>The majority of lawsuit threats are simply saber rattling

I think you're missing the point. This kind of negative media attention did not help promote these games, because they were largely purchased by parents for their children. Companies introduced censorship policies to avoid this kind of negative publicity.
>>
>>4260979
>This kind of negative media attention did not help promote these games
You joking?
>>
>>4260981
>You joking?

No. This is why Nintendo has been consistently successful over the years. It's insistence on maintaining a family-friendly reputation ensures that the company has a continuing market with parents. Releasing a controversial or M-rated title for a Nintendo platform was (and to a degree, still is) sales suicide.
>>
>>4260989
The ESRB wasn't around for a Nintendo console release till the N64 though. And Rare had multiple M rated N64 games. And don't forget Resident Evil.

You bet your add that controversy pushed Mortal Kombat 2 and Killer Instinct sales on SNES.
>>
>>4261003
>The ESRB wasn't around for a Nintendo console release till the N64 though. And Rare had multiple M rated N64 games. And don't forget Resident Evil.

I'm aware of this. But Nintendo applied a great number of content policies to its titles before the founding of the ESRB. I was commenting on titles released for the N64 and GC. Although there were a few mature titles around, not all of them were commercially that successful. Take into account that the highest-grossing games for those platforms were some of the most colorful and kid-friendly games available to their respective generations.
>>
>>4261003
And MK is a mediocre series at best. Controversy translates into free sales, free attention, free advertising, and the one who brings it up is laughed at for the irony.

If not for controversy, Custer's Revenge would've been forgotten, GTA would've died in the 90s, Mortal Kombat would have had two games tops, and Hatred would've been dismissed as a generic isometric shooter. Controversy made these games sell, they drew the public's attention, and caused a massive surge in profits. I mean, if you try to sue a game out of existence, you will not succeed because you have zero grounds, you'll lose money, and no matter how the court rules there's this thing called the first amendment which prevents them from doing anything.

You might as well try to sue the fucking sun for rising too early.
>>
>>4261010
>Controversy translates into free sales

Tell that to the number of games that censored themselves for Western release to avoid getting rated up by the ESRB. One or more Harvest Moon games had same-sex romances, but that was cut outside of Japan since the ESRB might have rated it up to T. Parents buy these kinds of games for their children, and it's far less likely they'll grab a title off the shelf when there's a large "T for Teen" logo on it.
>>
>>4261008
Not counting the original pack in games that isn't true. All the Mortal Kombat releases sold more than a million copies each. That's massive. Killer instinct sold like 3 million? Could be wrong on that. The Final Fantasy games which have gotten T ratings. They sold a shit load. And Street Fighter II which was probably the biggest. I'm not seeing how you can say Nintendo only relied on family friendly games.
>highest-grossing games for those platforms were some of the most colorful and kid-friendly games available
Is just wrong.

And as for GC. That thing had an exclusive Resident Evil for a time and a T rated Zelda. Oh and I forgot the Metroid games on SNES and GC.
>>4261010
Agreed.
>>4261024
I'm not aware of any Jap game that censored itself from a M to an E or something like that. Certainly not one that was actually selling well in Japan.
>>
>>4261024
There has never been a recorded case of the ESRB increasing a rating for homosexual content, and the ESRB is nothing but an information monger. They have zero power and you know it. They could be completely removed and it would have zero impact on gaming as a whole.
>>
Not american here, back in the days in the early 90s some kids started throwing rocks at cars on highways from pedestrian overpasses, some people injuried, some died, and some newspapers started to blame on Tetris because one of these kids had a GameBoy. Not kidding
>>
>>4260679
>do a massacre
>wear a vest and sunglasses
>every time you kill somebody shout DAMN I'M GOOD
>when the cops find you rub yourself against the walls and scream UNGH UNGH WHERE IS IT
>successfully claim insanity
>>
>>4261062
hahaha this gave me a good chuckle
>>
>>4261010
>GTA would've died in the 90s

GTA wasn't even controversial until the 3D games and by then they were huge because of the gameplay and content, not controversy.
>>
>>4260939
>I learned this from heavy metal music.
>>
File: playstationwahn1.jpg (33KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
playstationwahn1.jpg
33KB, 300x246px
Back in 2000, José Rabadán (17) murdered his parents and his little
sister (11) using a katana. The media blamed Final Fantasy VIII by the
fact that the police found the game in his room, and the supposed resemblance
to Squall. The media even said he was motivated by Squall to commit
the murder, and because all the sensationalism reporting the happening
a lot of controversy was created around FFVIII and JRPGs in general in
Spain.

I bet that many kids in Spain never played a RPG because their mothers,
after reading one of those shitty articles, were afraid their children could go
full autismo and murder the family.
>>
>>4261257
That's a hoax. He didn't even exist.
>>
File: Postal_0.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Postal_0.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>4260486
The first POSTAL was very controversial when it was released.
>>
>>4261264
Spanish pal here, I was a kiddo when that happened. True story, mah family got afraid for me.
>>
>>4261257
>I bet that many kids in Spain never played a RPG because their mothers,
>after reading one of those shitty articles, were afraid their children could go
>full autismo and murder the family.

Not really, they just put a sticker over the age rating for FF8 saying it was +18 instead of +16.

Katanas on the other hand...
>>
>>4261282
Yeah just like how it TOTALLY happened the other day that an autistic girl was starving to death because they stopped making letter-shaped potato things. And just like how stacking cups were TOTALLY sweeping the nation, and just like how spazzy-spinners were TOTALLY popular as fuck.
>>
>>4260550
I never heard this...
>>
>>4260632
>a Juggalo for 10
>a Juggalo
>Juggalo

This thread had such potential, why did you have to derail it like that?
>>
>>4260632
I always thought Ramstien was sort of a joke band, like they are that style if music but also take the piss out of it somewhat. I'm not that into music though so I could be way off but. Amerika is a funny song.
>>
>>4260486
If Hatred was released back then, that game would have been easily the number 1 game to blame the shootings on. But in reality, it's just conservatives trying to create a scapegoat to blame shit on. Whether it's music, movies, TV shows or video games, the cuckservatives will blame anything but the guns.

>>4260632
>Mansonite
>Juggalo
You just admitted to being a brainwashed sheep, carrying those labels as if it were a fucking badge. A smarter man don't need to be a part of a group or label himself. Also you just admitted to being a loser, a dumb ass, trailer park trash & a gang member at the same time just by calling yourself a Juggalo.
>>
>>4261487
It's both, but in the 90's religious evangelicals were the driving force and they are overwhelmingly strongly conservative
>>
>>4260904
You mean like how Unholy Strength had to get rid of the flaming pentagram? That shit was tight before they had to edit it.
>>
>>4260632
>Columbiner community

What?
>>
>>4261487
>uhhhh, akchually it was the lefitsts
Like clockwork
>>
>>4261487
don't worry the moral panic always seems like it's at its worst right before it dies off, social justice is just in its death throes right now like all the TV evangelists in the 90s. Fat blue haired tumblr bitches of today are the stupid church ladies of the 90s.
>>
>>4261487

Underage, please leave. This is a board for adults.
>>
>>4261037

Okay. So Natsume cut same-sex relationships from English localizations for absolutely no reason at all. Am I understanding your argument correctly?
>>
>>4261376
>"I'm against censorship, but I still feel entitled to dictate what content a developer can and cannot place in a game."

Good thing no one cares about your edgy opinions. Did you just get tired of shitposting on /v/ and decide to bring it to a slower board instead?
>>
>>4260989
>Releasing a controversial or M-rated title for a Nintendo platform was (and to a degree, still is) sales suicide.
Wrong. It has nothing to do with the fact the game is released on a Nintendo platform, rather that Nintendo distances themselves from supporting these kind of games and doesn't bother marketing them. Goldeneye on the N64 sold about 8 million copies... lmao yeah, "sales suicide".
>>
>>4261821
his complaint was that it hardly contained any roleplaying cause of the limited choices you retarded fucking biocuck fan
>>
>>4261825
>Wrong

Have you actually played Ocarina of Time?
>>
>>4261727
Though funny thing is, a lot of the edgelords who supported Dylan and Eric's actions were pretty left leaning, so both sides are pretty much absolute shit.
>>4261037
>They could be completely removed and it would have zero impact on gaming as a whole
Very much a lie. As much as a couple of people had parents who would let them play M rated titles as children and as many of us just don't bother looking at the ratings now, removing them would very much just be asking for complaints by soccermoms getting games for their children and them finding out they're too violent. The whole reason why the rating system exists in the first place is to let consumers know just how violent or risque the product they're buying is, just so you don't have what happened in the mid 90s where everyone would never shut up about how "What the fuck are these violent video games doing here? What's this woman kidnapping simulator doing on the market? They're trash! They shouldn't be sold at Toy's R us! Games are for kids! No adult is going to be playing video games!", the ESRB pretty much was the solution to that, so that congress wouldn't scream about violent vidya.
>>
>>4261830
>Have you actually played Ocarina of Time?
Uh yeah, and what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>4260989
>Releasing a controversial or M-rated title for a Nintendo platform was (and to a degree, still is) sales suicide.
Which is why the Wii U did so well and the PS4 and Xbone pretty much failed, right?
>>4261830
>Ocarina of time is best game meme
You do know it had blood, right? it was minimal, but still there. And Goldeneye while selling less than Zelda, is best selling N64 game by a 3rd party developer, with perfect dark right under it, and both outselling Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64
>>
>>4261695
Basically just edgelords.
>>
>>4261257
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
>>4261941
https://kotaku.com/man-pays-41-000-to-look-like-final-fantasy-viiis-squal-1797082393

What is it about this particular entry in the series that attracts the mentally retarded?
>>
>>4261943
>It's just Final Fantasy VIII
Nigga, the whole franchise attracts autists like this, each game with their own special kind
>Ifags are old people
>IIfags aren't a thing
>IIIfags probably brag about how III was the first modern FF
>IVfags yell dumb memes from the English translation and go on about "muh 5 fighters"
>Vfags are "muh job system!"
>VIfags are pretty much hipsters who hate everything VII and afterwards just to be contrarian shitheads, when in reality, they like it so much because they can't handle anything before hand, and deep down inside, they like VII and VI is similar to that but not as "mainstream"
>VIIfags are weebs who don't really need any introduction at this point
>VIIIfags are emo weebs who probably like SoL shit
>IXfags "like classic final fantasy" but don't want to play actual classic final fantasy
>Xfags are the disney channel audience
>>
>>4262191
Oh yeah no doubt, the franchise is definitely a retard magnet all around. I just think there's something particularly odd about VIII.
>>
File: cafe.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cafe.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
and they blame it on Marilyn
and the heroin
>>
>>4262191
What does that make Tactics fans?
>>
>>4262206
VIII is it's own kind of weird clusterfuck, considering it's a game where emo school student who gets to learn how to use weird ass weapons and magic, goes on a quest with his friends and teacher in order to stop some woman from fucking up time, and on the way has to deal with some weird secret agency and a few zombies.
>>
File: 200w.gif (140KB, 200x206px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
140KB, 200x206px
>>4261062
>when the cops find you rub yourself against the walls and scream UNGH UNGH WHERE IS IT
>>
>>4261484
>If Hatred was released back then
So, you don' know anything about the controversy with Postal?
Postal, the original, not that shitty Postal 2
>>
>>4261374
Another spanish anon here, it was real.
Media always has to find a scapegoat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wh4czza4is
>>
>>4260679
He also started dating a tranny while on jail. /b/'s boy.
>>
This is not 1999 anymore, but in 2003 some dude shot up a highschool in Germany. Media blamed Counter Strike, which led to popularizing the game among german youth.
>>
>>4262473
The best part was that the public called for CS to be indexed and the BPJS decided against it.
>>
>>4261838
Congress can scream all they want but you forget that there's this thing called the first amendment which nails their hands to the desks.
>>
>>4260632
>KMFDM
>Rammstein
>Manson
>ICP

>You really can't beat that shit.

You really can.
>>
>>4262485
>BPJS
Holy shit, that name seems so ancient. Or weren't they already called BPJM by then?
>>
>>4262495
They were renamed in April 2003 as part of the Erfurt legislation but the CS decision came in May 2002.
>>
>>4262659
Lol you're all a bunch of fruit bats
>>
>>4260730
It still is a thing. There was a thing recently where Juggalos were aligning themselves with the antifas crowd for some reason. I think it was because some Juggalo convention was happening in the same time/place as a white nationalist meeting or something
>>
>>4262191
IIfags exist, at least on /vr/. They're "muh underrated gem" and "muh leveling system too sophisticated for plebs"
>>
>>4262468
I don't play many PC games, I'm more of a console gamer really. So no, I don't know anything about Postal.

>>4260730
>>4262686
There's a few cockroaches left, but the Juggalo fad has been dying out. I live in Michigan and I hardly ever see any of them losers. The few I did spot, they were in their 40's, in an old worn out ICP t-shirt, they were tatted with ICP shit on them. One of them were carrying a plastic bag with their clothes in it, which suggest he is homeless.
>>
the 90s were all about numetal like Korn and Slipknot. I used to hate that shit cause I was a metal elitist but I can't deny it anymore I don't care what other people think I will listen to music for losers cause it sounds good. ICP has a couple catchy songs too you guys shouldn't be so hard on juggalos though they aren't really any worse than any other fanbase I used to hate on them too but its really a case of STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE. That's /mu/core shit and /mu/ sucks probably the worst board on this site.

>>4262752
I'm a 2fag, 2 is amazing because its story is way more relatable and better told than any other final fantasy. Yeah the dialogue is sparse because its an NES game but it has some serious themes going on, rebellion against an empire, a quest to find a lost
>>
>>4261943
Actually Final Fantasy games attract faggots, not "autists". The gay community loves Final Fantasy games. Any guy who tries to resemble any of the Final Fantasy characters is obviously gay.

>>4263286
>the 90's were all about numetal like Korn & Slipknot

First off Slipknot didn't go mainstream until 1999, so they weren't around for most of the 90's. Secondly Slipknot aren't numetal because they actually do guitar solos. Numetal bands tend to stay away from guitar solos in their music. Slipknot are more in line with alternative metal.

>ICP has catchy songs too
If you're an immature edgelord who thinks mixing nursery rhymes with murder & rape is catchy.

>You guys shouldn't be so hard on Juggalos
Last I check, I live in the U.S., I can exercise my right to free speech and I will criticize any brainwash group of losers. So I don't care if you're a shilltard, a flattard, a Juggalo, a Nintendrone, a PC Elitist or a Trumpanzee, I'll be honest & upfront about my criticism of either one of these groups.
>>
>>4263347
hot opinions from Turbo Tard
>>
>>4263347
Numetal is a catch all term. It's not an actual genre.
>>
>>4263286
oops I didn't finish my post, a quest to find a lost friend who has changed and went down his own path, its some pretty serious shit
>>
>>4263347
I don't actually listen to slipknot though don't know anything about them I thought they were numetal and was unaware that guitar solos had anything to do with it. I'm more into pantera the proto nu-metal band, you know pantera has that angry 90s sound to it and you can hear the pantera influence in korn and other numetal bands
>>
>>4260806
not that dude but this all brings back memories
i bought my first MM cd in 1997 or so, i was so scared cause he had such a bad reputation, then at the end of the CD there's a sample of someone saying "kill your mother i hate her"
over and over, when i heard it i was legit scared it was going to subliminally make me kill my mom LOL
i wish i was young again
>>
>>4264014
>"kill your mother i hate her"
You misheard the sample from the John Waters movie, also, it only plays once.
https://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Misery_Machine
It's funny how our own memories are fabricated as we grow
Makes you think
>>
>>4264014
>>4264041
Very funny scene btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCyMkgqY2FM
>>
>>4260632
>I've been a Mansonite for 12 years and a Juggalo for 10
End yourself.
>>
>>4260632
Senpai, you're supposed to be at the Juggalo March in DC, not posting on vr. Grab some Faygo and whoop whoop over there.
>>
>>4260730
Was a thing? It's still a thing. The FBI labeled us a gang, mostly because we act like one, and now ICP is going to cry about it in Washington.

>>4260806
Good. Fuck that asshole.

If there's anything I can do to make him cry more, please don't hesitate to let me know.

>>4261432
>>4261484
>>4264345

Man, I've never heard any of that before. You sure know how to be original.

You know, the worst thing about people like you isn't your lame and unoriginal insults, it's hearing the same ones 10,000 times in a row from people who think most of it didn't stop being offensive in like 2003.

And the funny part is you call ME a sheep, even though you all bleat the exact same things. Talk about groupthink.

I don't care if the FBI, or you, labels me a gang member. I like what I like whether it's popular or not and whether there's a federal prohibition or not. That's called thinking for yourself. What you do? Not so much.

>>4264541

That march is not universally supported in the Juggalo community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6Y5ZnTfgM

I always said we should embrace the gang label and start committing terrorist attacks against the gov't, but J is a fat lazy stoner and just wants to capitalize on it so he can get interviews in Rolling Stone.

"Fuck Spin, Rolling Stone, and fuck Vibe/Fuck everybody inside/Whoever's on the cover/Fuck his mother..."

>>4262937
>Juggalo fad has been dying out

It hasn't. The reason you haven't been seeing the shirts as much is because (1) you can be put in a gang database if you're seen wearing it in public, and (2) a lot wear MNE shrts nowadays instead of Psy since the splinter because cops, newfags, and faggots like you don't know about them.
>>
>>4260904
That was fun, too. I might start a thread over on /tg/.
>>
>>4263347
Slipknot's first two albums were seminal nu-metal. The last three are closer to NWoAHM, but that's a nu-metal-derivative style anyways.

>murder & rape
ICP hasn't rapped about rape once in their entire careers, and you clearly haven't listened to them.

You repeat popular misconceptions without doing you homework or bothering to check them out, and you want to accuse ICP fans of being brainwashed?

Typical.

ICP are still better songwriters than Slipknot.

"Yeah, I met Slipknot
I stabbed their ass
Stabbed 'em all in the face
That's why they wear masks..."

>>4263415
>was unaware that guitar solos had anything to do with it

Because they don't. This faggot is just trying to find excuses why his favorite nu-metal band isn't actually nu-metal.

>>4263375
It's a genre defined by mixing rap and grunge with metal influences. Limp Bizkit, early Korn and Slipknot, etc.
>>
File: 1500693045404.png (88KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500693045404.png
88KB, 250x350px
wtf did i just read.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.