[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is so perfectly /comfy/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

This game is so perfectly /comfy/.
>>
File: OE05042.jpg (34KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
OE05042.jpg
34KB, 700x500px
Why hey there! This here is Texas Pete! I hear you been using my sauce. You like sauce? Guess where I'm from.
>>
>>4260118
are you from /ck/ ?
>>
Playing through famicom DQ1 made me feel like I was an 80s japanese child.
>>
>>4260118
Texas Pete is owned by a company in NC. I feel a little betrayed.
>>
>>4260169
"This salsa's made in New York City..."
"NEW YORK CITY?!"
>>
File: DFLKaURVoAAC3Uk.jpg (319KB, 996x911px) Image search: [Google]
DFLKaURVoAAC3Uk.jpg
319KB, 996x911px
>>4260138
You to?
>>
File: 004.jpg (59KB, 620x504px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
59KB, 620x504px
>>4260138
It's a good feeling
>>
>>4260028
I don't really understand what /comfy/ means anymore
I think it has to do mainly with nostalgia feelings
>>
How can anyone not love Dragon Quest?
>>
>>4260356
On /vr/, that seems to mean "nostalgia-larping".
>>
>>4260356
Considering that most people just "get" what comfy means, I think it is something based on nostalgia. It can also fall under a couple under things, though:

>Games that don't require much exertion
>Games you can play while drinking a cup of tea in bed on a cool night/with the AC on the lowest setting
>Games you liked as a child that you realize are pretty boring but the nostalgia makes it comfy

Comfy themes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmWQwAUBRNo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeIefheO3h0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIyjVzx8sE
>>
>>4260825
Ok, now I get it, makes total sense that way
Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_7824.png (609KB, 638x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7824.png
609KB, 638x551px
>>4260356
Nostalgia is sometimes a part of it, but this picture is also /comfy/ despite not involving nostalgia.

You kinda just have to learn it by example.
>>
>>4261130
I think this is a bad example. This would be a lot comfier without the frogposting and weird apocalypse wish fulfillment thing.
>>
>>4260305
>>4261130
>you will NEVER live in a country with 99.9% racial homogeneity and a booming economy during the best period of gaming ever
>>
>>4262208
I think the apocalypse thing is just to juxtapose how hellish the outside world has become and, in comparison, how comfy you are. Like being inside next to a fireplace while a storm rages outside the windows.
>>
>>4260825
Here's the comfiest /vr/ theme I know of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8l3XNtu1nQ
>>4262374
This man gets it. It's why autumn and winter are my favorite seasons.
>>
>>4262363
Dude, right? 80s and 90s Japan just seems like the best time and place to be alive as a human. Much better than the ever-deepening crap hole that is 2010s America. I just have to tell myself that it could always be worse, I could be an ISIS sex slave or something.

(Technically Japan's economy was fucked up during the 90s, but it doesn't seem to have hurt the average person much, and their pop cultural output in the 90s was still phenomenal despite all that.)

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdwUOlihDA

The soundtrack of broken dreams, bittersweet memories, and nostalgia for a time you never lived in.
>>
Did the DW I-II GBC even come out in the US? I can't find shit
>>
>>4262363
I actually don't want to live in a country with racial homogeny. Japan's fucked up work culture is also resulting in more and more people being sexually frustrated virgins along with an aging population and low birth rate.

I also have access to all of those games and more for free. Just because children liked the famicom doesn't mean that you would have as an adult. It also doesn't mean you would like or even know about the games you like today. You are chasing a fantasy.
>>
>>4262374
Nah, I travel all across the country for work and like exploring. I also have pretty good friends that I like to play retro games with who live all over now. I wouldn't feel very comfy if cities were literally on fire, I'd be too worried about people and myself.
>>
>>4262881
It's not a fantasy to want to live in a country where you don't turn on the evening news and see protestors beating the shit out of each other over racial tensions. Such places existed and continue to exist. Like Japan.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.