[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

underrated N64 games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Winback-n64uscover.jpg (1MB, 1000x699px) Image search: [Google]
Winback-n64uscover.jpg
1MB, 1000x699px
Just picked this up for like 6 bucks, holy shit it's a pretty fun game. It's got that corny Metal Gear feel. There isn't much variation except for the room layouts, but it's pretty fun to play in short sessions.

What are some other good games that people rarely talk about?
>>
>>4259287
Off Road Challenge. IMO one of the best racing games on the system. Another of the many Midway arcade games that got ported to N64.

World Driver Championship was a pretty cool Gran Turismo wannabe that really pushed the graphics of the system about as far as any game, even if gameplay was pretty much just above average. But it was still fun for sure.

Beetle Adventure Racing is basically San Francisco Rush with only Volkswagen Beetles. It's pretty cool.

Ridge Racer 64 doesn't seem to get talked about at all, since it's probably the worst Ridge Racer of the 90s, but it remains decent enough regardless.

F-1 World Grand Prix is to this day THE best F-1 sim ever made. It's insane to think that with all the technology we have no one has been able to surpass this in 20 years.

Destruction Derby 64 is better than the PS1 version despite it being seemingly not as well known.

The Ready 2 Rumble games are, for my money, THE best 2 non-Punch-Out!! boxing games ever.

Forsaken 64 is arguably the best Descent clone ever made.

Nightmare Creatures, while flawed, is still one of the few genuinely fun third-person action games on the system.

Shadow Man though is arguably THE best third-person action game on N64, and arguably one of the most underrated third-person 3-D action games ever made period.

Duke Nukem Zero Hero seems to be a fairly obscure spin-off of the series, and while it's not even the same genre (it's a third-person shooter), it's still really fun and has an awesome time travel theme with some really cool set pieces.

Quake II may not be an even remotely obscure game, but I'd argue that the N64 port IS. Most people don't even seem to realize that it's basically a total remake of the PC game with completely original stages. The split-screen multiplayer on this is honestly my favorite on the entire console.
>>
File: 1347729366807.jpg (8KB, 177x174px) Image search: [Google]
1347729366807.jpg
8KB, 177x174px
winback multiplayer is surprisingly varied.

the final pseudo-boss with the laser traps was too much of hassle to go through for me.
>>
>>4259318
None of that is very good.
>F-1 World Grand Prix is to this day THE best F-1 sim ever made. It's insane to think that with all the technology we have no one has been able to surpass this in 20 years.
That game is really shit. One of the most annoying engine sounds you'll ever hear in what was suppose to a sim racing game.
>>
Blastcorps
Silicon Valley (a good case of "dont judge a book by its cover")
>>
>>4259287

ok, here we go:

Duck Dodgers - It's the best N64 platformers not made by Rare or Nintendo.

Califnornia Speed - One of the best Racing games no one talks about.

Top Gear Rally 2 - great rally game for the N64.

Army Men Air combat - Great game to play in coop.

Aidyn Chronicles - The best RPG on the N64 alongside Paper Mario

Road Rash 64 - This exclusive game supports 4 players and is super fun to play. My favorite Road Rash game ever made.

Extreme G2 - Very underrated futuristic racer

Micro Machines 64 Turbo - another great party game

Xena talisman of fate - My favorite 3D fighting on the N64. You can play 4 players simultaneosly.

bomberman the seccond attack - By far the best bomberman on the n64. Very rare to find though.

Wetrix - puzzle game using water. Very addictive and challenging
>>
Mission Impossible 64
>>
Mickey's Speedway USA is really fun, and can be quite hard with some challenges.
>>
>>4259443
>Califnornia Speed - One of the best Racing games no one talks about

The port is nowhere near as fun as the arcade version. I think that's probably what has kept it from being as well know because back then if you wanted to play it you were better off just going to the arcades instead of bothering with the mediocre port.

That said, it IS still fun on the N64, even if the arcade version is considerably better.
>>
>>4259445
Fucking this. Unique game with one of the best atmospheres ever created and beautiful soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIlfcjUiLBA&list=PL083FF9087950CE70&index=6
>>
>>4259454
Nah, it's a downgrade next to Diddy Kong Racing
>>
>>4259287
I love Winback but it's no where near underrated.
>>
>>4259492
Is still an enjoyable game, flawed, but good enough.
>>
>>4259454

The tracks in this game are so uninspired and boring, and so are the items.

The game runs very smoothly though.
>>
What N64 racing game feels the fastest?
>>
>>4259287
this game is good but you gotta play the PS2 version just for that wonderful koei brand voice acting
>>
Twisted edge, Rush 2, TWINE. Off the top of my head.
>>
>>4259578

F-zero X and Star Wars Racer.
>>
>>4259578
It's not exactly underrated, but F Zero X
>>
>>4259287
Is the PS2 version of Winback better than the N64 one?
>>
>>4259754
No.
>>
I have been playing fighting force 64 lately and I don't think anyone here has ever talked about it. I really like it but would be more fun to play two player again with someone though.
>>
>>4259754
The controller alone makes the PS2 version way better than the n64 version. Don't listen to >>4259768
>>
>>4259325
Is that the one where you can unlock a gold car? I have faint memories of playing that but I don't remember ever owning it so I must have borrowed it from a friend at some point. I remember unlocking a gold car though.
>>
>>4259772

Fighting force is very disapointing. It's short, repetitive, lack good bosses and the framerate is terrible. It would be kinda nice if it had 4 players coop but in the end it was just a shitty ps1 port.
>>
>>4260047
theres a pc port of it, should solve framerate issues.
>>
>>4259287
It doesn't take much effort to go through the entire library of a game system with so few games, just do it already.
>>
>>4259578
>>4259647
>>4259648
Wipeout 64 is almost overwhelmingly fast.
>>
>>4259287
There is absolutely nothing underrated about Winback.
It's fucking terrible.
>>
>>4260264
This.
>>
>>4259287
Super Hydlide
>>
>>4260063
>It doesn't take much effort to go through the entire library of a game system with so few games, just do it already.
We're talking about literally hundreds of hours of gaming here. Thousands, even. You could spend 100+ hours alone playing the fan translated Japanese exclusives. Custom Robo, the RPG-slash-fighting game got translated just this week.
>>
>>4260620
>N64
>something like 375 games releases for it
>hundreds of hours
Understatement of the year, even if you spent 3-5 on every game you're looking at a thousand+
>>
>>4260791
The n64 has like 3 games worth playing.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.