[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate to the original Blood is ZBlood? I want to pla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: blood_29.jpg (267KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blood_29.jpg
267KB, 640x480px
How accurate to the original Blood is ZBlood?

I want to play Blood on my phone and Doom Touch plays pretty good, so I was wondering if ZBlood is an accurate total conversion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYDaqZjDc9Q

Also why the fuck there aren't android ports for the build engine?
>>
>>4255032
>Playing on phone
>Worried about total accuracy

I dont even . . .
>>
>>4255042
I mean if the levels are the same etc. Why shouldnt I care?
>>
>>4255032
ZBlood isn't that accurate, you should look into a Phone version of Dosbox.
The build engine games all alter the engine pretty heavily, enough that you can't just make a regular Build Engine source port, and make a few alterations to it depending on what game you load.
>>
zblood is an aproximation made on the doom engine its not close at all. Its just a doom wad with blood assets basically but that doesn't mean it's bad or anything it might be a good doom wad (it might be I dont know) it's just not blood.
>>
>>4255049
But there was this Duke android port:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8I04fRY-lM

It looked pretty accurate, the only problem was the controls sucked

The only guy that has got the control right is the Doom Touch guy.

I predict the controls on Dosbox are going to suck.
>>
>>4255054
Oh actually I spotted differences in the bathroom, no mirror and the couch looks weird.
>>
>>4255054
The engine differences between Duke, Shadow Warrior and Blood are big enough that, as I said, you can't make slight alterations and just plug Blood's assets in and expect it to work. You'd practically need to start from scratch.
>>
ZBlood is not accurate at all in the slightest. People on this board sperg out about BloodCM being inaccurate and even BloodGDX being inaccurate but ZBlood is like a million times less accurate than either of those. It's basically just a Doom total conversion with Blood & Blood-themed enemies/weapons, the differences aren't just small either.
>>
>>4255032
>How accurate to the original Blood is ZBlood?
lol not at all
>>
>>4255032
ZBlood isn't accurate at all. I don't mean that in a negative way, ZBlood is great fun, but it's not the original game at all. It's an entirely new "game" using ZDoom as a base. Give ZBlood a try if you want, but just remember it's not the actual game at all.
>>
>>4255032
It's a Doom wad that's a Blood homage, that's pretty much it. Blood is an entirely different game made on a different engine that allowed for more advanced effects.
>>
>>4255032
>How accurate to the original Blood is ZBlood?
As accurate as BloodGDX
>>
>>4255165
t. retard
>>
>>4255205
t. shitty russian GDX dev
Don't you have some java fizzbuzz homework to do?
>>
>>4255281
t. hendricks

curious though, you the same kid in the other thread that said demo accuracy doesn't mean anything?
>>
>>4255119
which of the two sourceports are better?
>>
>>4255165
Please go back to your containment board, whatever that is
>>
Why don't you play something more suited for a phone, like SCUMMVM games?
>>
ZBlood and other Blood "ports" aren't accurate at all

BloodGDX is about 95% accurate, the replays and saves are compatible between it and DOS version
>>
>>4255603
There is only one sourceport.
>>
Just play it on PC, it's one of the best shooters out there.
>>
I was playing BloodCM on Eduke32 and it's pretty much the same game, it's great.
>>
>>4255032
zblood is literally nothing like blood
its basically doom with a blood skin
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.