[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask on but I just installed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask on but I just installed a Commodore 64 emulator and after the initial load times and intro it takes forever to load games.
Is there a way to speed the load times up or does the emulator also emulate the floppy speed?
>>
Pardon my french, but what fucking game is that?
>>
>>4253830
To me it doesn't appear to be a game about fucking.
>>
>>4253836
really bruh? really?
dont make me smack you
>>
>>4253830
That's Laser Squad, the predecessor to X-com

>>4253826
Yes, load times are usually emulated. Find and trigger the fast loading option that should exist somewhere in your emulator
>>
>>4253838
>That's Laser Squad, the predecessor to X-com

Thanks. looks neato mcheeto
>>
>>4253838
I'm using Frodo 64, didn't see that option but I'll check again.
>>
>>4253826
Is this new old computers thread?
How do I make mouse move in Vice?
I tried CCS64, but I only got mouse moving up when I press the right mouse key.
>>
>>4254570
Alt+Q. Make sure you have "Mouse (1351)" set in the control port settings.
>>
>>4254950
I tried, but
>I only got mouse moving up when I press the right mouse key.
>>
>>4253826
First of all, use Vice. Not Frodo, not CCS64, not any other emulator. Get Vice. Use it. Secondly, the warp command is alt-w.
>>
>>4255681
anyone?
>>
>>4256432
Vice is redundant, it can't do audio when running in PAL mode without stuttering/crackling And 99% of the games are PAL.
Use hoxs64.
>>
>>4253826
CCS64, press F10 to bring up the main menu. From there there should be a menu with an option called "Maximum 1541 speed", turn this on.

VICE is also recommended but I don't know how to turn on maximum speed from the top of my head. Read the manual I guess?
>>
>>4257825
>hoxs64
Second. Hoxs64 is really nice if all you need is C64C and 1541 emulation.
>>
>>4253826
Alt-W for warp speed in VICE.

>>4257825
Sounds fine on my machine.
>>
>>4255681
Please?
>>
>>4257825
>it can't do audio when running in PAL mode without stuttering/crackling
Yes, it can. Just what the fuck.
>>
>>4259048
bumb
>>
File: vice 1351.webm (2MB, 724x631px) Image search: [Google]
vice 1351.webm
2MB, 724x631px
>>4259048
Dunno, mate. Shit works fine here. Mouse should be in control port 1 for GEOS, but I don't know about other applications/games.
>>
>>4260613
Strange thing - it operates exactly as if it were proportional mode mistakenly interpreted as joystick mode as on this page: https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/Mouse
>right button
>up
>left button
>left button
>>
>>4253826
Why did the Commodore 64 and so many other home microcomputers of the 80s use those shitty cheapo flightstick controllers that only had 1 or 2 buttons and a mushy stick that moved analog but the games only had 4 way movement, and the controller had to be suctioncupped to the table?

Why didn't they just use the keyboard for all games?
With just the home row and space thats enough for 4 direction buttons and 5 action/select buttons.
>>
>>4260906
I don't know about the joysticks, but I can explain your other question: it's because the C64 keyboard absolutely sucks.
>>
>>4260834
Maybe the 1351 emulation got switched into 1350 mode somehow? Try deleting your vice.ini and try it again.
>>
>>4260913
dude the C64C keyboard is awesome to type in

i'm tempted to get that keyrah thing as my C64 is useless anyway
>>
>>4260956
Welp, I don't find vice.ini
>>
File: geos.png (38KB, 727x632px) Image search: [Google]
geos.png
38KB, 727x632px
>>4260956
OH WELL
I discovered that input was set to be joystick, so no surprise, why it worked that way.
Thanks for the help and apologies.
>>
>>4261215
No worries. It didn't occur to me that you may have to set up the mouse in GEOS first. The disk images I use had all of that already taken care of.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.