[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which version is better: PS1 NTSC-U, PS1 Pal, PS1 NTSC-J or Saturn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (112KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
112KB, 380x384px
Which version is better: PS1 NTSC-U, PS1 Pal, PS1 NTSC-J or Saturn?
>>
debatable. I didn't think any of the saturn extras were worth the slowdown and loading times
>>
Hasn't somebody made a mod yet to add the saturn extras into ps1 veraion?
>>
>>4252930
I'm partial to the Saturn version, but it is super janky. I find the new weapons and playable Maria to be worth the wildly inferior visuals. I also prefer the Saturn controller. The Xbox 360 version is probably the definitive one, though.
>>
>>4252930
Hate me if you want, but my favorite now is the virtual console on the xbox360. It was instant speed loading, and crisp sprites.
>>
>>4252951
I wish they'd re-release the saturn version
>>
>>4252930
NTSC-J version 1.2 is the ultimate version

>NTSC-U
laughable voice acting, shitty translations

>PAL
dunno. 50 fps or some gay shit?

>Saturn
Horrible fucking port. The guy who made the original PS1 version trashed the Saturn port and had nothing to do with it. who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make Maria this freaking powerful.
>>
>>4253875
Literally this.

>>4252938
Also this.

>>4252951
The Xbox 360 Live Arcade version changes I Am the Wind for another song, I don't like it.
I actually loved I Am the Wind.
>>
>>4252930
Guess we can eliminate PAL right off the bat since it doesn't really offer any advantages.
PS1 US' and JP's only difference is in translation (as in 'tea' being 'sake') so this shouldn't be a concern either.
This leaves us with PS1 vs SS. Frankly, the new areas feel like they were designed by someone else. They don't really fit into the overall style and seem more wacky. Not to mention atrocious load times.
If you desperately need Maria, just play the true GOAT version of SotN: The PSP port on Dracula X Chronicles.
>>
>>4253875
>NTSC-J version 1.2 is the ultimate version
Not if you don't know Japanese.
>>
>>4254037
Then you better know it.
>>
Saturn, the extra content is worth the slight technical downgrade.
>>
>>4254056
This. Being able to play as Richter with his sprite matching his redesign is GOAT.

Is there a translated rom of this version?
>>
>>4253915
Mate, Maria mode on PSP is absolute dogshit.
>>
PSP version from Dracula X Chronicles.
>>
File: darkmaria.png (2KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
darkmaria.png
2KB, 128x128px
>>4254778
Why?
>>
>>4253875
What's different in the 1.2 version, and can I tell which I have by looking at the disc or case inserts?
>>
>>4254790
They ruined Maria's design.
>>
>>4254792
If you played kung-fu Maria on Saturn you would know why playing as PSP Maria is such a chore.
>>
>>4254810
On Dracula Peke?
>>4254816
I played the Saturn version, and I still liked Rondo Maria on the PSP version of SOTN.
Playing SOTN as Maria is kind of pointless anyway, same as Richter, but it's a cool extra feature.
I actually prefer PSP Maria due to her air dash.
>>
>>4254820
Enjoy being the only person to prefer shitty maria then.
>>
>>4254836
Eh, as I said Maria is not even that good, the game is designed to be played with Alucard, there's little point in completing the game with Richter/Maria.
Anyway, I prefer PSP SOTN due to all the missing content from the western versions of SOTN on PS1/XLBA/PSN and none of the performance issues from the Saturn version.
Saturn version is still worth playing due to the exclusive content and 3rd item button. Maria not so much.
>>
Saturn...

although its a bit of an aquired taste, the extras and changes make it the ultimate experience

some people (/v/tards, redditors, sjw journos) will disagree...
>>
PS1 NTSC-J = Original version, in Japanese.

PS1 NTSC-U = Some content removed, so bad it's hilarious and became a meme voice acting and localization.

PS1 Pal = Never played it, from what I understand the same as NTSC-U, except for the technical display differences.

Saturn = Port made by a third party, washed out visuals, lower quality sound, some added content unique to this version that IGA didn't like. Playable Maria is a super-powered ninja.

XBL = Same as NTSC-U.

DXC = Based on NTSC-J with all the original versions content, new serious English dub, choice between that or the original Japanese voices with subtitles. New Maria mode where she plays the same as she did in RoB. Great quality sound, some visual downgrades from being on the PSP/Vita screen.
>>
>>4252930
Avoid the Saturn port.
>>
>>4252930
PS1 NTSC/J with translation patch
XBLA

Every other version is worse in some way.

>>4253890
If you prevent the game from updating, there's a way to do so since I've done it, it will have I am the Wind at the credits song.
>>
>>4254917
>>4253890
The ending song used on the XBLA version is from Lament of Innocence.

I am the Wind is okay, it was sung by the same girl who sang Snake Eater so there's that.
But I find the new track Michiru Yamane composed exclusively for the PSP version of SOTN to be the most fitting ending theme.
In fact, it is because it's finally an ending track composed by Yamane for the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i0ce-k78zg
>>
>>4254816
Saturn Maria is non-canon. It's practically a fanmade Mugen shit. It's not even Maria, it's freaking Ultra-Demonic-Godfist Maria.

PSP Maria is canon though and resembles her RoB version in gameplay, and her ability is inlign with the story and castlevania lore.
>>
>>4254976
So fucking what? It's fun. Nothing is more powerful that Crissaecard anyway.
>>
>>4254976
Richter is non-canon too you fucking sperg. He's just a fun extra, like Maria. And if Maria weren't a magic god then we wouldn't have the fun boss fight against her.
>>
>>4255226
Maria on psp is a shit boss btw. Ezpz
>>
>>4255210
>>4255226
lol you were that butthurt that you replied twice. pfffft hahahaha
>>
File: 2017-09-13 01.07.04.png (17KB, 430x137px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-13 01.07.04.png
17KB, 430x137px
>>4255472
Yup
>>
>there are people who don't like PSP Maria
>>
>>4255484
It's cool they made her more like Rondo I guess, but objectively Saturn Maria is more fun. She's way too weak on PSP and has to rely on her subweapons too much for my tastes.
>>
beating shaft with psp maria is almost impossible if you don't have the right subweapon

fuck that nonsense
>>
The Inverted Castle is crap.

The normal Castle is one of the best gaming experiences of all time, but the Inverted Castle is pure crap.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.