[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Final Fantasy IIj for the NES have any bugged spells like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1487258032298.jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487258032298.jpg
82KB, 900x900px
Does Final Fantasy IIj for the NES have any bugged spells like the first one did? Any other tips or stuff I should know before I get into it?
>>
I think wall, safe and aura don't work as intended
>>
>>4252668
I noticed that attacking with a character decreases their INT, so what do I do with my mage when I don't want him to use her spells? Is there a "skip turn" option?
>>
>>4252683
nope, but the int loss isn't that relevant
white magic lowers your power and raises your soul
also, specialize, just because everyone can do anything doesn't mean they should
avoid heavy armor and equip shields
maybe you can try equipping your black mage with heavy armor and try to run, it'll most likely fail but you won't waste mp
a lot of equipment has int and soul penalties though
>>
>>4252653
>IIj
Nobody but complete fucking retards called them anything but their actual numbers for the past fifteen years.
>>
>>4252653
Smoking isn't healthy, Maki.
>>
>>4252653
man when i first encountered creep in ff1 i couldn't sleep properly, how the fuck you guys even manage to finish it? i mean, game is hardcore as hell(i know, older times, gamers are required to have skill in order to play, not this casual shit)
>>
>>4252668
Wall works as intended, it's just a really poorly thought out spell. It blocks all offensive spells of the same or lower level as Wall, and since no monster casts any spells of lower levels than either 4 or 6, you need to grind it multiple levels before it will have any actual effect.
>>
>>4252653
The bugged spells are as follows:
>Barrier and Aura add additional elemental properties/defense as they level up. This works as intended apart from the fact that they're both meant to add the Ice element once they reach level 8, which doesn't actually happen. Also, the messages you receive when you cast the spells are broken and do in no way relate to the actual effect of the spell
>Dispel is broken and has no effect period
>Safe/Protect is bugged to only work on the caster
>Anti/Rasp has minimal effect on enemies with high MP due to a bug
>God knows how Ultima was supposed to increase its damage as it levels up, but either way it doesn't work and is a pretty shoddy damage spell as a result
Also, if you're playing the old NES translation, note that the poison-elemental Clouder spell is mistranslated as "Aero" and the Stun spell is mistranslated as "Stone".
>
>>
Statistics aren't all that important since there's a trick for cheesing them, as long as you're prepared to do some grinding. Onion knights gain insane stat boosts around level 90+. As long as you switch to that class before doing your last grinding, you'll get maxed stats.

Switching classes is mandated by gimmicky dungeons, so don't invest too much time into a single set of classes. Always keep some characters equipped with magic, even if their current class can't use it. You'll probably be forced to use that magic later down the road.

The classes are not balanced in any way. By the time you unlock the final classes, pretty much everything else becomes obsolete. Some classes become obsolete the moment the story no longer mandates them.

Phoenix downs are found in a limited quantity in this game, and they can't be purchased. I would advise stuffing them all into the fat chocobo storage system and just leaving them there.

Thieves can open locked doors. I don't know if the game ever made this clear. No one would guess that any of the classes had map abilities. (The thief may be the only one, as far as I know.)

Summon spells have different effects depending on which class uses them. There's a variety of mages that can semi-use summons.

The final dungeon is even more insane than the one in FF2. Some people are so discouraged by it that they quit this far into the game.

That's all that comes to mind.
>>
>>4254623
2, not 3.
>>
>>4254505
>Also, if you're playing the old NES translation, note that the poison-elemental Clouder spell is mistranslated as "Aero" and the Stun spell is mistranslated as "Stone".
Also, IMPORTANT to note, it translates both "plate" and "mail" as the armor symbol, making it impossible to tell whether what you found/bought was a mail (which have heavy evade penalties) or a plate (which don't). Always make sure to check your stats to see how they changed whenever you equip something.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.