[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much have you spent on retro gaming this month? I just realized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1446164461245.jpg (80KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1446164461245.jpg
80KB, 645x773px
How much have you spent on retro gaming this month?
I just realized that I have a problem an will be taking a break
from buying for a while, since the middle of August I have
spent 680 USD in games, consoles and cables.

>mfw
>>
good. take a break. I spend literally nothing on retro games because I'm just an emulationfag and poor. either way, ask yourself if you're only doing this to fill a gaping hole in your life with something entirely different. maybe you should actually make progress to address your real issues in life. I'm just saying because that's what it sounds like to me.
>>
>>4251107
I dont have anything else going on, and Im in between jobs at the moment. It started with some
cables, then some gameboy games, then I suddenly lost track and ended up buying a whole load of
stuff.

It might have been me trying to stuff an empty hole, but theres not much that can be done about it.
Small steps. Thanks for your concern anon. I'll do fine :)
>>
I completed my ps1/2 rpg collection last year. Took 8 years and I'm glad I got most of the more expensive titles dirt cheap from some lucky ebay/flea market finds. Overall probably spent a total of 2k or so on everything. Worth the investment and I'm set for a decades.
>>
This month? Exactly zero cents.
>>
Zero moneys.
More hours than I should have.
>>
File: IMG_5308.gif (21KB, 261x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5308.gif
21KB, 261x203px
I bought two fat ps2s for emulation purposes. Cost me $40

As someone who fell for the complete in box sega Saturn meme, I recommend you invest in flash carts and hardware. It costs much less and you will be more satisfied and have more soace
>>
I bought a PS1 copy of Beyblade for 99 cents at Goodwill.
>>
$142
Got a imported region modded JP n64, a game ($105), an expansion pack ($25), and a controller ($12). Could have gotten an n64 for cheaper, but I liked the color.
>>
>>4251182
keked so hard
>>
>>4251101
I have spent like 20 gigs.
>>
>>4251101
I bought Perfect Dark, a memory card and a rumble pak. That's about it. My only physical consoles worth mentioning here are my N64 and GBC. I emulate everything else, so much so that I feel very little need to make purchases most of the time.
>>
>>4251101
Like 400 euros since early july.
>>
>>4251101
$0.00
>>
>>4251182
slow the fuck down
>>
>>4251101
>$680 is a lot of money
Lol. Get promoted at McDonalds, then
>>
In the last 3 months I've spent an average of 450 dollars a month. This month it was 415.
>>
>>4251123
I envy you and your collection. What did you do once you finished? Are you collection more games for other platforms? Or other genres?

I am like 8 games short to finish my JRPGs collection and my survival horror one. I don't know if i'll start collecting the same genres for a new console or if i'll start collecting new genres.
>>
>>4251118
>I have no job or impulse control and I'm just a worthless piece of shit in general

Fuck off.
>>
>>4251101
Nothing.
You could mistaken me for a Jew in how tight I am with money.
I do spend lots of time playing games tho.
>>
>>4253497
Same.

I think the only "retro gaming" things I have spent money on was a boxed copy of my favorite retro game (for like $30) and a few retro artwork books.

I had a bunch of old games from my childhood but only kept the few that actually meant something to me and sold (for a fair price, I think) the rest. No point in having them around if I'm not going to use them.

Still, retro gaming is probably my main source of entertainment.

TL;DR thank God for emulation.
>>
>>4251101
I spent nearly $700 on a PVMeme (20L5 which unfortunately are near impossible to find under $600) and official GameCube component cables. All told I'm pretty happy with the investment.

But then again prior to those costly purchases I hadn't spent any money on games in the last three years. I guess I don't spend money on frivolous bullshit OFTEN, but when I do it's a very large purchase.
>>
>>4253491

You might be on the wrong forum normalfaggot.
>>
Great question anon. In the past month, I have spent a total of $59.35 on retro games and accessories. This includes a SCART to PS1 cable, a SCART to RGB cable, and an armored core game.

It seems like some of you guys buy way too much online. I mostly only buy games online if I really think about it. Retro gamers shouldn't impulse buy.
>>
>>4254102
>It seems like some of you guys buy way too much online. I mostly only buy games online if I really think about it. Retro gamers shouldn't impulse buy.
I go to the store and buy things that I've been looking for years. Sometimes it gets out of control if there are 3 or more games that I want.
>>
I've spent $80 in the last 30 days, and that felt extravagant.

Y'all motherfuckers need to chill out.
>>
File: 9844849498489498.jpg (3MB, 2200x1466px) Image search: [Google]
9844849498489498.jpg
3MB, 2200x1466px
>>4251454
I'm playing through them one or two at a time. I like other genres too. Doing a full series run of Silent Hill right now and modding a ps2 to play .hack//fragment online since that's always been a dream of mine. Playing Shadow Tower currently as well. I have small collections for a few other consoles but I don't think I'll be branching all that much.

What are some of the rpgs you're missing? Pic from a while ago here. I know I shouldn't stack them like an idiot.
>>
>>4255081
Thanks a lot.

>What are some of the rpgs you're missing?
I'm missing Koudelka (€75), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (€150) and Legend of Dragoon (€100) on the PS1. I don't know the price for Parasite Eve, but I would like a copy.
And on PS2 for €20-35 each: SMT Digital Devil Saga 1&2, Magna Carta, and Shadow Hearts From New World.

I'm not going for a full RPG collection, just looking for the ones that I enjoyed most.
>>
>>4255164
I saw Koudelka has been going up in price recently. I actually picked that up from one of our old BST threads a few years ago.

SotN and Legend of Dragoon are that expensive in PAL land? They're like $40 and $15 respectively over here.
>>
>>4251101
Obsession with the hardware is a rabbit hole. You will never have the best tv, stereo or mint condition SNES....

Because some jerk on /vr/ does.

If you don't use the games you own, why own? Take a 6 month break and fall in love with why you got the things in the first place.

I sell and buy, which is part of my hobby. I will keep/collect and then sell or store. I just recently cracked open boxes that were a decade old. I had lots of fun, then sold most of it. I exchanged really. When I am "done" with this batch, off to the boxes till 2022.

>>4251118
>It might have been me trying to stuff an empty hole
Seems fairly normal, and borders on issues. Looks like you are aware.

Keep up the fight. Anything can be a vice quickly. I have to watch myself also. I am very prone to manic/addictive shit...because it is fun as hell for 3 hours....

t: Alcoholic in long term recovery
>>
>>4255180
>SotN and Legend of Dragoon are that expensive in PAL land? They're like $40 and $15 respectively over here.
I never saw a PAL copy of SotN until 2015. The US and Jap copies go around €80-100, I'm sure it would be cheaper to import a copy myself, but I want the PAL version.

Legend of Dragoon didn't sell well. I remeber picking other games at the time because LoD was so common at stores. The thing is that I was seeing the same copies over and over and nobody bought it. Then add the language differences in PAL regions and you have a really expensive game.
>>
>>4251101
I wanted to buy some gamecube wavebird controllers on gamestop, they were $28 each and buy 2 get 1 free, but I spent so much money on NDS, GBA and PS4 games this month that I couldn't afford them.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.