[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some must play Sonic rom hacks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: ring.png (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ring.png
109KB, 640x480px
What are some must play Sonic rom hacks?
>>
>>4250837
already completed that.
>>
if you love fun and weird hacks, play crazy sonic. 8/8 no b8 m8
>>
>>4250846
ONE LITTLE BOY ONE LITTLE MAN, FUNNY HOW. TIME FFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLIES.
>>
Sonic: The Next Level
Sonic Megamix
Sonic 3 Complete
Sonic Erazor
Amy Rose in Sonic 1, 2, and 3&K
Dr. Robotnik's Creature Capture
Sonic Bash
Sonic Boom
Metal Sonic Hyperdrive
Pana Der Hejehog

Check out Razor and Zenon, Sonic Retro, and Sonic Stuff Research Group for more.
>>
>>4250901
Appropriate a real reply, ty anon.
>>
freedom planet
>>
>>4250837
Fuck off. It's on it's own engine, it's 40% completely new zones, and it's returning Zones are polished beyond belief and different enough.
>>
>>4251038
Yet it still feels like a romhack.
>>
>>4251038
whoa slow down there cowboy
>>
Classic Heroes. It has both Sonic 1 AND two on one cart and you can play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Team Chaotix. My favorite thing about this hack is that you can play as up to three characters at once and switch between them freely with one button.
>>
>>4251076
Another one is CD ++. Hate the CD spindash? This hack replaces it with the Sonic 2 version which makes the game much faster.
>>
>>4251073
this
>>
>>4251073
It just seems like nothing's good enough for anyone, /vr/ gets more and more elitist everyday
>>
>>4251079
Why not just play the Steam version?
>>
>>4250901

>Sonic Megamix

I don't know about the others but Megamix is legitimately good. Also has a Shadow sprite that is not terrible. Make sure it is the Sega CD version. There is one out by a similar name that is just a recolor. Don't know if it is old version or what.
>>
>>4251269

It's an old version yeah, the SEGA CD version was the last one 'released', as it was leaked early and lead to the creator throwing a fit and abandoning it as I recall. Such a cool hack for its time.
>>
How can anyone think Sonic 1 was the best in the series?

>6 Zones
>Worst Water Zone in the series
>3 acts per Zone
>Worst bosses

All of you calling it the best are nostalgia blind, at least you can make equally respectable arguments when saying Sonic 2 or Sonic 3
>>
>>4250835
Sonic Mania, and Sonic Megamix
>>
>>4251318
wrong thread dumbass
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXS8ec3gbxc

Sonic 2XL is the only one worth bothering with desu
>>
>>4251237
Because CD++ features the air dash exclusively.
>>
Spark the Electric Jester
>>
>>4250835
hey bro :^)
>>
File: sonicxl1.png (9KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
sonicxl1.png
9KB, 500x192px
>>4250835
Sonic XL. It's honestly kind of a meme hack, but I find it gives an interesting challenge
>>
Pick the one that uses the classic amy, it's better than the one where the guy used the modern amy. Not because I give a shit about the character, the one that uses the classic amy is just a better hack.
>>
mobius evolution

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=34657
>>
>>4251038
>It's on it's own engine
No, it's running on the engine of the iOS remake of Sonic 2.

>it's 40% completely new zones, and it's returning Zones are polished beyond belief and different enough.
So romhacks that have original levels aren't considered retro then.

Good to know.
>>
>>4251048
That was the idea
>>
>>4254254
Be honest, if a new classic style sonic game came out and it had only brand new zones, you'd still be calling it a romhack
>>
Sonic 2 has a nice boss-rush romhack if you can find it around. It uses the bosses from both 1 and 2 and has a time trial mode.
>>
File: 1503627394879.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1503627394879.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>no one has mentioned Big the Cat's Fishing Game or Yoshi in Sonic 2 yet

god i wish YiS2 didn't get huge after some anon asked for the ROM for it on /vr/ a couple months ago
>>
>>4254351
*Big's Fishing Derby

Oh and I forgot to mention play Sonic Classic Heroes as well.
>>
Motobug in sonic 1, it's genius
>>
File: NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.jpg (23KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.jpg
23KB, 320x246px
>>4254254
what rom is it a hack of then
>>
>>4251294
Stealth, the head honcho behind it, went on to work on Mania. He said he's going to polish up a few loose ends and put out what's finished of it at some point, though. It hemorrhaged teammates, apparently, and eventually he was the only guy left working on it.
>>
>>4250835
Sonic Boom
https://youtu.be/-DNLaPfaUSg
>>
>>4254603
sonic2.ipa
>>
Sonic 3 Complete is the essential hack to play IMO.

Sonic 2 XL is funny to play as you gain weight from eating coins.

Robotnik's Revenge is a cool boss rush hack of Sonic 1 and 2 bosses that take place in Death Egg Zone from Sonic 2.
>>
Sonic color contrast is a pretty good hack that focuses on exploration, and omochao in sonic 1 and sonic the very usefull engine/ eggs on toast are amusing joke hacks.
>>
>>4255079
>Sonic 2 XL is funny to play as you gain weight from eating coins.
Ha ha, you know, as a joke.
>>
>>4251421
This is highly offensive.
>>
>>4250835
Do a completionist Omochao Edition run.
>>
I'd just like to say I've been had a debilitating addiction to Sonic Megamix v3 for over 10 straight years.

I'd recommend S3K Master Edition 1 and 2 for masochists.
>>
>>4255125
no ulterior motives my friend haha
>>
test
>>
Played Sonic - Next Level earlier today, wish it was longer, what's the point of making a game that feels like a demo?
>>
>>4257312
They aren't backed by sega, unlike the taxman
>>
File: Socket Hedgeduck.png (7KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Socket Hedgeduck.png
7KB, 320x224px
>>4251269
to be honest Megamix kind of starts to shit the bed after the third zone

I'd say Hyperdrive is a much better experience, it's also 100% finished, unlike Megamix.

Socket The Hedgecuck (pic related) is also a good TC, I'm pretty sure it's 100% finished as well
>>
>>4259617
I'd rather play the original Socket than Sonic with a coat of paint.
>>
>>4259623
It has new layouts you benis
>>
File: Megamix_MMZ.png (11KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Megamix_MMZ.png
11KB, 320x224px
>>4259617
Sonic Megamix has the best Genesis water zone in terms of fun-factor AND aesthetics, and it's not even official

We need more
>>
trying "sonic cz" at the moment, apparently its unfinished but there are some intersting features like amy + tails, and they put the sonic 3 music back into bits that were changed by &k.
>>
File: s3cz002.png (13KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s3cz002.png
13KB, 640x480px
>>4261157
pic related.

the description says weird things happen if you go knuckles route but angel island handled just fine.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.