[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a dungeon in any game better than LA's Eagle Tower.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: LADX-tower.gif (879KB, 318x286px) Image search: [Google]
LADX-tower.gif
879KB, 318x286px
Name a dungeon in any game better than LA's Eagle Tower. JK you can't
>>
>>4248263
Not really. You can sequence break it and iirc it's even possible to screw yourself. Not very well thought of.

Any dungeon in Ages is better.

Zelda dungeons are generally not that great. Other games of the same genre like Alundra did everything better.
>>
>>4248263
>X is the best of all Y
>no arguments

Baiting shitthreads like this pull the quality of the board down a fair bit.

Everybody would be wise to ignore this kind of shitposting.
>>
>>4248276
>it's even possible to screw yourself
Is this really true? I've read it a few times but I could never find for certain.

I really like the Spirit Temple on OOT, but Eagle's Tower is really great too.
I don't think I dislike any dungeon on LA though, they're all pretty fun.
>>
>>4248276
It's been long since I played this. Does the screw up occur only on LA or also LA DX? I recall reading up on the differences between the original and DX and one of the problems was that you could get stuck on a specific tile in the original.
>>
>>4248276
>>4248352
>>4248356
I thought it was the angler dungeon you could get stuck in? There is a pixel perfect jump you're not supposed to make over water, and you can get a key early and get to an area where if you use too many keys you won't be able to progress properly and get the flippers.
>>
>>4248263
Worst dungeon. My first playthrough the ball got stuck in a wall rendering the game uncompletable.
>>
>>4248276
>Other games of the same genre like Alundra did everything better
Lmao yeah the game that forces you to wander around for 30 minutes wondering what clue you're missing only to enter a room you just went in to and have a critical character appear that didn't before, for no reason whatsoever. Yeah, great fucking design. Alundra faggots are absolute cancer.
>>
>>4248379
just like select button warp through the door
>>
>>4250304
Alundra is not a bad game, but I wish its fans would stop with the whole inferiority complex, they can't shut up about Zelda.
>>
>>4250313
Yep. Honestly while I like some of the puzzles in that game I could not for the love of fuck defend the battle mechanics. The hitboxes are all over the place and it's not exactly fun to deal with. Zelda games often get that right, even if it's somewhat simple.
>>
The ball is one of the best puzzle elements in the series. I wish that other dungeons would take spatial awareness into account and have cross room objects.

>>4248352
I don't think it's possible to screw yourself unless the ball bugs out. At the same time, since you can't reset the ball if it does ever bug out you are 100% fucked.
>>
>>4250380
Alunda is just a fucking mess, man. I wish it wasn't, because when I first played it I was overjoyed and really thought it was an evolution of the classic Zelda format. But the more I played I realized how flawed it is. Some of the puzzles are well-designed and challenging, others are lazy, tedious and frustrating. Jumping hit detection is absolute shit. Combat as you said, is terrible. I mean, for fucks sake, the standard bow takes like 20 fucking hits to kill a basic enemy, meanwhile you can find the best sword in the game that does, literally, 53 times as much damage, towards the beginng of the game and basically allows you to shit on any boss in the game. Then you've got the retarded roulette, the reused assets, samey dungeons, inconsistent rewards, poor pacing, the list goes on. I loved the atmosphere, music and graphics overall but the actually design of the game is dog shit on so many levels.
>>
File: WaterTempleS2.jpg (39KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
WaterTempleS2.jpg
39KB, 500x323px
>>4248263
Excuse me, best dungeon coming through
>>
>>4252749
Not even the toughest water level in the series. You need better memes.
>>
>>4252750
Yeah I never understood the whole water temple meme. It was he easiest adult temple for me other than the fire temple. Forest was the hardest for me honestly.
>>
>>4252765
The Forest Temple is the one thing that pops into my head from time to time which makes me want to replay OoT. The music, atmosphere, puzzles, just so much in it is done perfectly. It really is my favorite 3D Zelda dungeon.
>>
File: image.png (27KB, 1280x1056px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27KB, 1280x1056px
i like level 3
>>
>>4252838
wtf I hate the old man on top of the waterfall now
>>
>>4251047
I think the original release of the game made it possible to get the ball permanently stuck on a ledge. The rereleases made the ball respawn at its original position when you left the tower.
>>
>>4248352
>>4251047
Can confirm, it happened to me as a kid.
For hitting one of the switches, you can throw the ball over a fence. On its bounce back, it gets stuck ON the fence, and there is no way to knock it off. I tried picking it up from both sides to no avail, and had to restart the fucking game from scratch. I'm still salty.
>>
I finished this game the other day, very very comfy.
>>
>>4254581
So you found a bug. Whoopee. That's enough reason to slam the design of the entire damn dungeon?
>>
>>4254581
As >>4254538 says, rereleases of the game fixes this. I think every European release of it has the fix in place, too.
>>
Worst boss fight ever in a zelda game.

Oh you fell? You can go fuck yourself and start over!!
>>
>>4254834
That was great.
I wish Castlevania bosses had something like that.
>>
>>4254695
That's great now; doesn't exactly help little kid me playing on a brick gameboy before the color system even existed.
>>
>>4254671
Of course a game breaking bug is reason to slam the entire dungeon. What fucking question is that
>>
>>4255268
Child.
>>
>>4248263
its too easy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l5sKRy_oZqs
>>
>>4254581
Don't the ball placement reset if you exit and re enter the dungeon? Or is that only in the later releases?
>>
>>4255254
Rereleases as in "every copy of the game printed after the very initial batch", anon. That shit was discovered and patched before the game even got a European release, it happened long before the GBC existed.
>>
>>4255705
People should just git gud and not get stuck
>>
>>4248276
>Other games of the same genre like Alundra did everything better.

Oh Christ where have I heard this before. Alundra does block pushing puzzles better than Zelda. That's about it. In every other way it's at best on par with the middle of the road Zelda games.

There are no games that "do Zelda better than Zelda".
>>
>>4255735
The problem with Zelda games is that they always remain on the surface of things. Whether it's about combat or puzzles, and even story, they introduce something, only to barely exploit them, do super simple things with it, and move on. Zelda games feel like tutorials for things that never came to be. The only games that exploit things a little more or Ages and Seasons.

Alundra goes beyond with everything it does though be it in terms of combat, puzzle and story.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.