[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would love a handheld emulation device....would love for it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 5

File: 51p0mwqc9EL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (32KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
51p0mwqc9EL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
32KB, 350x350px
Would love a handheld emulation device....would love for it to run Windows as most of my emulators/roms are loaded on a flash drive and are the windows versions...ive seen this thing play the Windwaker fucking flawlessly....should i pull the trigger? Any reason i should not?
>>
>>4245664
do it.

also, what is it?
>>
>>4245668
The GPD Win u silly banana!
It's a mini laptop with a controller built in, runs windows 10 out of the box even has a usb3.0 port
>>
>>4245668
Also..plus side is having Steam on a handheld
>>
My only criticism is that it's pretty pricey but if it's a price you don't mind and you're prepared for it to feel kinda chinesium I say go for it.
>>
>>4245693
Yeaaaa 300+ for the hardware is steep but it's literally perfect for what i want. Have u used one? Feel cheap? At least comfortable gaming wise? Not gonna be doing alotta typing on the thing...
>>
I'm waiting for the pyra

Remember the gcw zero? I really liked that fucker, I wish they released another one slightly larger with a really good dpad and a better processor

It was just the os made solely for emulation that was really appealing. Unfortunately mine got destroyed last year
>>
>>4245697
Make sure they fixed the driver issue where you can't press d-pad and left click at the same time when using mouse mode on the controller.
>>
Stop shilling this stupid thing. It's a fucking mini computer. The battery life is garbage, especially if you're going to attempt to run a bloated sack of shit like Windows 10.

Just mod a PSP or get a Flash card for a DS. They can both handle retro emulators.
>>
>>4245703
The pyra looks interesting but the boxy design looks like itd be uncomfortable after awhile no? And i do remember that guy i think it was sold thru thinkgeek years ago, that sucks about urs...RIP
>>
>>4245710
Lol shh.
>>
>>4245713
I'm sure it's ergonomics will be fine. It's not really that big
>>
>>4245710
Neither run gamecube emulators and stutter on n64, ps1 or higher. Twat.
>>
>>4245710
>Unironically recommending a DS for emulation
For GBC games maybe.
>>
>>4245697
I haven't used one but they seem to be pretty A-/B+ quality which is pretty good for Chinese stuff. Nobody seems to get unusable ones, they just have "character" i.e. little inconsistencies you get used to.
>>
>>4245708
Very good to know
>>
>>4245727

Tell me more about how you can run Windows 10 and a GameCube emulator simultaneously without running your battery bone-dry within mere minutes of powering the unit on.
>>
>>4245762
Um duh that's why they include power cables. Fucking silly bananas left and right...
>>
>>4245708
That's fixed since February I think
>>
>>4245710
>>4245762
You can get 4 hours 30 minutes of GameCube with screen brightness at max.
In a world where people accept 3 hours long battery lives for handheld gaming devices, that seems pretty decent.

Why do you think a OS optimized for tablets and laptops is going to have a impact on battery life?
>>
>>4245791
>You can get 4 hours 30 minutes of GameCube with screen brightness at max.

Please feel free to substantiate this claim.
>>
>>4245812
Ask around.
There is not really a point in me making a timelapse video with a clock also in the shot with Super Mario Sunshine or related running for almost 5 hours when you're just going to call it bullshit too.

It's already confirmed you can get 8 hours (over 9 hours with screen brightness down, but my examples are with full screen brightness) of shitposting on this device, around the same for 8-bit emulation, around 7 hours for 16-bit emulation, over 4 hours of GameCube and and 3 hours of native non-/vr/ games like Skyrim. Look it up.

By your logic I can't say anything positive about a device we are discussing that I have been using for half a year and know pretty well already without being called a "shill".
>>
>>4245825
I'm also running the stock Windows 10, even though I thought about installing LTSB, but as I only use it for games, I haven't bothered, as I don't see it affecting battery life or performance in any negative way.
>>
>>4245713
OpenPandora was great, for a device from 2009.
Pyra is too late, costs too much and by the way things are going, not going to even happen. Not to mention, it's hardware is from 2010/11.
>>
>>4245664
I have one. AMA.
>>
>>4245703
I've still got a GCW Zero, I got the replacement D-pad they put up and it's really nice. Solves the biggest problem with the device.

I'd love to have a slightly better GCW-style device, but it's probably too niche for us to ever see one in a post-Android world. Even if one was made, the scene is pretty dead.
>>
>>4246041
How's the feel of the buttons, primarily the d-pad? Reception seems to lean towards unfavourable but you can never really know until you use it yourself so I like to hear multiple opinions.

What's your experience with GameCube and PS2 emulation? If I were to get one, being able to run most GC and PS2 games would be the deciding factor.
>>
>>4246115
>How's the feel of the buttons, primarily the d-pad? Reception seems to lean towards unfavourable but you can never really know until you use it yourself so I like to hear multiple opinions.
Exactly the same as my old DS Lite.

>What's your experience with GameCube and PS2 emulation? If I were to get one, being able to run most GC and PS2 games would be the deciding factor.
Great GameCube emulation, even runs some Wii titles without problems. PS2 is hit and miss, depending on the game. You can probably check YouTube for more popular PS2 games how well the run, watch several videos though to get a good idea, some people just suck at configuring their emulators.
>>
>>4246125
How is PSP or DS emulation?
>>
>>4246130
PSP is perfect, no complains whatsoever.
DS is so-so, haven't really played around with the DS emulator enough to give a good answer. Guess it depends more on the game again, we need a better DS emulator also.
>>
>>4246130
DS emulation is painful, unless you have a rotating touchscreen monitor.
>>
>>4246146
It's somewhat okay side-by-side, better if the game does not require active use of the second screen and you can just switch between them via a hotkey and run it fullscreen.
>>
>>4246148
I know it's technically "playable". Compared to the real thing it's a miserable experience.
>>
>>4245664
Personally I'm going to wait a few years for these things to mature some before I spend $300+ on one. The concept is very appealing though.
>>
Pandora
>>
>>4246178
I don't think we're going to see anything better in the same form factor for at least 5 years or more.
We don't have a SoC that's better and takes the same amount of power and produces as little heat like the one in the Win and it's unclear if we'll, as all future products of Intel and AMD are aimed at a little higher power level (and in return more heat).
>>
>>4246184
you're forgetting that the CPUs will be far far more expensive also, at least $250 for the CPU alone instead of $8 like in the win
not that they would work nicely with a device that small anyways
>>
Just get a decent bt controller and use your phone
>>
>>4246217
>want a dedicated handheld emulation machine
>lol use ur phone
>>
>>4246220
You're still lugging your phone around, aren't you? There are uncountable games to play and an easy solution. Why do you want a shitty windows environment wrapped around it?
>>
>>4246228
What do you need a phone for when you have a whole computer at your hands?
>>
>>4246228
You either lug around a phone and controller.
Waste both batteries while playing or, you either lug around a phone and OPs pic related, not wasting your phone battery while playing.

Not to mention, that thing has far more options for emulators and games.

>>4246238
This is not a good phone replacement.
>>
>>4246228
>Why do you want a shitty windows environment wrapped around it?
>The "Windows is a problem on a device I only play games with" meme
if anything, it's a plus
>>
>>4246243
>This is not a good phone replacement.
Why not?
>>
>>4246243
Eh, I use a Moga Power, it has a built in battery which powers my phone while I play. Great quality controller too.

Even though I see the value of steam on the go, there are so many emulators available for andoid you could more or less play anthing you want. Sure, most people here are single with disposable income, but the price is just too steep.

I have the GPD XD, but most emulators I've tried has problems keeping consistent frames and input lag. OP's device seems more powerfuil, but I wouldn't purchase their products again.
>>
>>4246253
>I have the GPD XD, but most emulators I've tried has problems keeping consistent frames and input lag. OP's device seems more powerfuil, but I wouldn't purchase their products again.
You do realize that's because Android and Dalvik? As they use an old version of Android. OPs is Windows.
>>
>>4246247
You can't make calls with it and you would have to use a USB 4G modem for data on the go. Not that that's a problem, it has a full sized USB port on the back where you can just plug in the dongle, but that only gives you texts and internet, no calls.
>>
>>4246262
Who makes calls on their phone?
>>
>company makes a product
>it's not very good
>they realize that and make a better one just to fix those issues
>eh, it's probably same shit
the Win is the best portable emulation machine you can get plebs, call me a shill if you want
>>
>>4246261
That might be true, but before purchasing the XD there were almost only positive reviews. I'd need to see it in action before trusting their shit again.
>>
>>4246261
Nit this shit again
Android has input delay due to the frame buffer, dalvik only affects performance. Even Android devices with ART have considerable input delay, even when using the native touchscreen instead of a Bluetooth gamepad
>>
>>4246269
>That might be true, but before purchasing the XD there were almost only positive reviews. I'd need to see it in action before trusting their shit again.

You're retarded, the XD had input delay issues from the very start, confirmed both here and on GBATemp. The Win is basically a PC running windows on a phone IPS screen. Input delay is not higher than your regular PC+monitor combination.
>>
>>4246273
Yeah, made by the same chinkshit company
>>
>>4245664
It's the current default /vr/ recommendation if you can spend more than 200$. If you want to spend around 100, get a PSP Go (as low as 50$) or a used Pandora (usually around 100-120 if auctioned on EU eBay).
Avoid the XD, shield and anything running Android. Regardless of what some posters claim, every phone (especially if used with a BT gamepad) suffers from terrible input delay.
>>
>>4246276
>Yeah, made by the same chinkshit company
The manufacturer has no influence on the way Android renders frames.
>>
>>4246269
>XD there were almost only positive reviews.
I literally didn't buy one after a few months it came out because all the shit about it running Android and having input lag
>>
OP here, thank you all for the advice. As mentioned to answer some of you, I do specifically want a Windows device, not just for the plethora of Windows version emulators I have already setup and configured but also to run certain Steam games. By that alone anything Android is out, as is the psp or 3ds obv. Imma get one of these if I can get lucky and get one on eBay for under 300 which every now and then one comes up.

Cheers anons
>>
>>4246328
Seems reasonable enough
Have fun and good luck
>>
>>4246330
THANKS ANON LOVE YOU
>>
/vr/ really needs IDs to cut down on shill threads.
>>
>>4246556
This seems like a pretty legit thread though, I dont know how you could even talk about anything if everything is shilling
>>
>>4245664
Could you play Everquest on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO4_8A9Uiwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEI5VkWB_xM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCzFUxk4dF4
>>
>>4246583
This.
>>
>>4245703
GCW Zero and PSP are the best handheld emulation devices.
If you want to play anything over PS1 you're obviously looking for a laptop, you'd look ridiculous playing Mario on this thing in public.
>>
>>4247481
>GCW Zero and PSP are the best handheld emulation devices.
false

>If you want to play anything over PS1 you're obviously looking for a laptop, you'd look ridiculous playing Mario on this thing in public.
>caring what others think
nice dumbass logic, no thanks, I'll enjoy the portability
>>
>>4247783
you are obviously doing /vr/ wrong

if you wanted something to play Skyrim at 14 fps you should have just said
>>
>>4248153
>Only CGW Zero and PSP are allowed as emulation devices on /vr/!!!!
Grow up.
GPD Win can do /vr/ consoles others struggle with, like Dreamcast.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (445KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
445KB, 960x544px
>>4248153
>if you wanted something to play Skyrim at 14 fps you should have just said
>14 fps
>Custom settings, 544p, solid 30 FPS when locked, 35-55 when unlocked.
checkmate atheists
>>
>>4245664
As someone who owns one, it's pretty meh. I mean, you'll find that you are able to play most emulators and even many newer titles. But the issue with it lies in the controls. It's difficult to play many emulators because the controls are not optimized for it and just getting everything working, if you can, is a huge pain. Not that it's the end of the world. The screen is nice and bright and you can expand the storage pretty easily with a micro SD and a small USB. But the screen is really small and makes navigating windows a real pain. The keyboard is also pretty subpar. It's in a weird size that's too small to type regularly but not small enough for you to just your thumbs and grip it like a 3ds. The construction also feels fairly cheap but somewhat adequate. It's up to you, but I would recommend getting an XD for cheap and then just waiting for the next iteration of the WIN to steam out all the short comings. Because as it is, you really should he carrying around a controller if you want to get the mlist out of retro games.
>>
>>4248225
>But the issue with it lies in the controls.
it's _literary_ like a DS

>and just getting everything working, if you can, is a huge pain.
good it's a one time thing, why are you bitching about having more control and customization possibilities? might aswell stick virtual console then

>But the screen is really small and makes navigating windows a real pain.
gaming/emulation device

>It's in a weird size that's too small to type regularly but not small enough for you to just your thumbs and grip it like a 3ds.
you must have really weird hands if you have problems with the controls AND thumb typing

>The construction also feels fairly cheap but somewhat adequate.
try a switch and come back

>but I would recommend getting an XD
Android? fuck off, now we know why you're bitching, you're a tech illiterate

>next iteration of the WIN to steam out all the short comings
won't happen for years, if ever

>Because as it is, you really should he carrying around a controller if you want to get the mlist out of retro games.
the whole point of it is that you don't

t. proud Win owner (and non-tech illiterate one)
>>
How is the XD or Win when used as a set top box? I mostly want to play games on my TV with the ability to take it with me a la Switch.

I don't really care which one since I only want up to Dreamcast emulation.
>>
File: 1445289007558.gif (3MB, 420x380px) Image search: [Google]
1445289007558.gif
3MB, 420x380px
Had one of these, kept it for a week before getting rid of it. Shoulder buttons are flimsy as fuck, newer models lock the BIOS so you have to do fuckery to flash it before being allowed to edit your device to get the maximum output of it. The thing heats up substantially even with the fan on max. Atom < ARM when it comes to emulation, as ARM has the better Dreamcast and DS emulator for handheld anyway.

Don't fall for the Reddit shittery. 9/10 times, it'll eventually crap out, the reason Dolphin is working anywhere near fine is using speedhacks out the ass. It's setting a abysmally high standard for the device.

Also it has Windows 10, which is a instant black mark.
>>
>>4249197
The shoulder buttons are just clicky switches, they are supposed to be "flimsy" (move up/down) so you don't have to cramp your fingers when using them.
The BIOS is downgradable, you didn't know that?

>Atom < ARM when it comes to emulation
Maybe if you compare it to 2011 Atoms, no, CISC is better than RISC when it comes to emulation.
The Dreamcast emulator is way better.
Android only has a better DS emulator that does not have a Windows or Linux port yet, but it ruined by the input lag.

>9/10 times, it'll eventually crap out
Explain.

>the reason Dolphin is working anywhere near fine is using speedhacks out the ass.
Explain again, there are no other speedhacks used then the Dolphins own ones and those are only for particular games, Super Mario Sunshine, etc. Even the Shield uses the same configurations for games and yet does not run as good.

>Also it has Windows 10, which is a instant black mark.
>Windows 10 is somehow bad for a gayming device, specially a portable one and for emulators

Judging by the fact you don't even know the BIOS is downgradable, you're not very familiar with the device or technology in general, making your post pretty moot.
You seem more like the typical reddit fag that buys shit he has no idea bout only to sell it again and then bitch about it forever.
>>
I just want an emulation machine and no matter which one /vr/ says its shit.
>>
>>4251617
A monster PC is the closest we have to a 'perfect' emulation machine.

Just pull the trigger on something.
>>
>>4246115
Gamecube and PS2 are hit or miss depending on the game, and you'll have to fiddle a lot with the settings to find something that works. With internal CPU throttle (emulator setting, makes game thing that 30 or whatever FPS is 100% speed and game plays with no slowdown) you can have a good gameplay experience with most titles, but some like Wind Waker still slow down.

Ofcourse GC and PS2 will not run well without compromises some people might findexcessive.

>>4246184
They are planning to release Win2 next year on Intel m3-7y30 CPU. Double the power with same energy consumption and heat. Promises include much better heatsink, keyboard and 7" screen (much less black borders, ~1cm wider). Problem: CPU on its own costs 280$ sothe price is going to besignificantly higher.
>>4251617
Thing issimple: If you want good emulation up to and including PS1,Dreamcast and some N64 (wiht compromises) get GPD XD. (relatively cheap)
If you want PC games, better N64 and some GC/PS2 (with compromises) get GPD WIN. (expensive)
If you want something even better in terms of performance, wait for Win2 (even more expensive)

If you want to just play games on the go buy a clip-on controler for your phone - cheapest option.
>>
>>4249650
Dolphin has numerous speedhacks it won't even tell you about, because they work fine for most games. Without them you'll get ~20 FPS on top hardware, barely higher than low levelemulation.

Windows 7 after SP1 and Windows 10 have somehow botched OpenGL and it run ~10-15% worse than Win 7 without SP1. There wer some articles and comparisons back in the day, but the issue quietly died down. Win10 also hasquite a few compatibility issues with games and software that aren't all that old and run fine on 7.
>>
>>4251724
>Dolphin has numerous speedhacks it won't even tell you about, because they work fine for most games. Without them you'll get ~20 FPS on top hardware, barely higher than low levelemulation.
As long as the game runs glitch free, it's fine.
Are you saying Dolphin is a bad emulator now? I disagree, I've had plenty of fun with it.

>Windows 7 after SP1 and Windows 10 have somehow botched OpenGL and it run ~10-15% worse than Win 7 without SP1.
Windows 10 (and GPD Win) has DirectX 12 that's great for some emulators, much faster.
Most emulators support also D3D that runs also fine, OpenGL is only good when using filters, but we aren't some hipster babbies, integer scaling is where it's at.
Also source on the OpenGL.

>Win10 also hasquite a few compatibility issues with games and software that aren't all that old and run fine on 7.
Like what? I'm _literally_ playing games from 1997 on my Windows 10 PC, without any 3rd party applications.
>>
>>4251705
>They are planning to release Win2 next year on Intel m3-7y30 CPU.
I know. But if you knew anything, you'd know you will be waiting a long time for that.
Don't be a GPD fanboy just because the Win is actually a good device.

>>4251705
>get GPD XD
PSP is even better idea than the XD, you never owned a XD have you?
>>
>>4251810
XD can play most of N64 titles just fine, and emulates SNES and GBA significanty better than PSP.
Comparing XD to PSP 1001
>>
>>4251847
lags like a bitch too
>>
>>4245664
I'd like to know how it handles WinVICE with RealSID-fp, but of course no one fucking tests that in their shitty Youtube videos.
>>
>>4252821
What do you want to know?
I listen to sidtunes and play C64 games all the time on it.
>>
>>4251806
What I'm saying is dont say it only uses " those are only for particular games" when it's not true (im not the guy you replied to, just corecting)

THe news of the botched OpenGL were surprising for me too, but I tested it myself and it's true. the difference varies between games and emulators ofc, but it's there.

GPD WIN does not have a discrete GPU, so it's IntelHD, and on Intel HD for whatever reasons OpenGL deals better with complex stuff than DirectX 12 does (look up the online tests that test increasingly complex scenes). Also Dolphin dropped DirectX12 because "muh Vulkan" and intel does not have Vulkan drivers for mobile processors series for whatever reason.

Win10 has weird issues with games from 2000-2008 period, and nobody bothered to make updates for many of them since they work fine on Win7. For instance any game that used Securom DRM will not install/run properly (even the hacked versions) because Win10 blocks Securom's drivers from being installed which stalls the installation process. There are some other issues as well.
>>
>>4253868
>GPD WIN does not have a discrete GPU, so it's IntelHD, and on Intel HD for whatever reasons OpenGL deals better with complex stuff than DirectX 12 does
DirectX 12 gets way better performance in Dolphin then OpenGL though.

>Also Dolphin dropped DirectX12 because "muh Vulkan" and intel does not have Vulkan drivers for mobile processors series for whatever reason.
There are builds with DirectX 12 that work fine. Also Ishiiruka Dolphin supports it.

>Win10 has weird issues with games from 2000-2008 period, and nobody bothered to make updates for many of them since they work fine on Win7.
Never had an issue. I want to see that meme list where games that run on Win7 magically don't work on 10 anymore, not related to DRM please.

>For instance any game that used Securom DRM will not install/run properly (even the hacked versions) because Win10 blocks Securom's drivers from being installed which stalls the installation process.
Who the fuck uses games with DRM? Either use cracked ones or GoG ones. No wonder people run into weird shit that I never have.
>>
>>4245664
The Chad Mid Range Phone:
>Can emulate literally anything a chink mini laptop can
>Tons of different bluetooth attachments to give it even more functions
>Fair price
>Can do almost everything
>Sexy and compact
>Is a great device for communication
>you need a phone anyway nigga just buy a phone you fuck
>Many different manufacturers fighting for the consumer's money
>"People love his phone"
>Underrated android game library
The Virgin chink laptop
>Very expensive
>Looks retarded
>Not as good as a handheld and not as good as a pc, why even bother
>Girls laugh at it's owner
There you go op, your choice.
>>
I think I'll get an XD to hold me for a while until the a second or third revision of the Win 2 comes out in 2 years or so.

I mostly want to use it to play on tv.
>>
>>4253774
Does fullscreen work correctly? Does it scroll smoothly with ReSID and true drive emulation turned on?
>>
>>4254283
is this a new tumblr meme
>>
>>4254283
>Can emulate literally anything a chink mini laptop can
Stopped reading there. Shit bait.

>>4254318
You're gonna get dun goofed by the XD.
>>
>>4255673
>>Can emulate literally anything a chink mini laptop can
>Stopped reading there

Yeah it cant emulate snorecube too well, big deal, not vr
>>
>>4255702
There's plenty of retro system with no usable emulators outside of Windows.
>>
>>4245664
I was pretty close to ordering one last week. I wanted a portable emulation device with a frontend for loading roms like I do on my pc using Emulationstation. But it's way too expensive, I was looking at about $450 to get it imported here.
>>
>>4255712
like?
>>
>>4257337
>But it's way too expensive, I was looking at about $450 to get it imported here.
Kek, sucks to be you, I got mine for 315€ total and that was half a year ago
>>
>>4257339
Lot of Japanese ones. E.g. X1, FM-7, FM Towns, PC88
>>
>>4257337
I paid 475€ for mine, just because I wanted it from a local reseller if I run into any problems.
Totally worth it, no problems after months but warranty is still good for over half a year.
>>
>>4257913
>can't make argument that this is in fact not true, because it is
>can't make argument that weeb computers suck/are useless on a weeb board
you crashed him
>>
the day retroarch dev stopped bein lazy and code hardware acceleratrion for vita and we'll have our goat handheld device for emulation
>>
>>4258120
Vita is bottom of the barrel in terms of performance, even to 4 year old smartphones. Not to mention, we are getting better, newer and more capable handhelds what can do that job constantly.
>>
>>4258126
you mean with shit controlls and higly input lags?
vita is perfect for retro emulation, if you want to play ps2 or gamecube games on an handheld get the fuck out on /v/ you underaged faggot
>>
>>4258140
>Vita is perfect
>Vita is not perfect ( >>4258120 )

>you mean with shit controls*** and highly*** input lags?
GPD Win does not have this problem
>literary shares some of the same components for controls then the Vita
>>
>>4258149
enjoy your overpriced chink shit
>>
>>4258184
>$300 is overpriced for a handheld
>while things like Switch ($299) and Shield ($299) exist that do much less
>chink shit, when _literally_ everything is made in china
>when the "chink shit" _literary_ uses some of the same parts that the Vita uses
>>
I have an LG Enact. It's a mobile phone running an old Android build. The device is small enough to fit in a pocket, about the same dimensions of a half deck of standard playing cards. Seems great for playing anything from PS1 and older (not so good with Saturn, but that's because Saturn emu is notoriously shit and I'm not 100% sure on PS1 emu since I haven't tested it too much).
Most complex game I've played on it so far is Jumping Flash, which looks, sounds and runs quite nicely.
Full caveat, though, it has some issues playing two or three SNES games, though I can't recall which.
>>
File: 56746869540798.png (183KB, 296x405px) Image search: [Google]
56746869540798.png
183KB, 296x405px
>>4257941
>you crashed him
No you didn't you fucking samefag
>Lot of Japanese ones. E.g. X1, FM-7, FM Towns, PC88
Wow, it's fucking nothing, does it also not emulate such classics as the r zone and the colleco vision? Get the fuck out of here

>while things like Switch ($299) and Shield ($299) exist that do much less
I dont give a shit about the shielld but the switch is a dedicated console with it's own unique library, you are comparing that to an emulator you fuck. Also, the switch is more powerfull practically since it's optimized to play games like skyrim.
>>
>>4260725
also keep in mind how giant the Switch screen is.
>>
>>4260725
There's a Colecovision core for Libretro so you can play it via Retroarch or similar.

>I dont give a shit about the shielld but the switch is a dedicated console with it's own unique library,
The GDP Win has the whole Windows library at its disposal.
>>
>>4260735
>The GDP Win has the whole Windows library at its disposal.
not with that computing power ;) I bet you it can't really run shit from the latest generations, SHIELD is definetely supperior when it comes to that, then we have supperior dedicated game players like switch and more practical emulators like mid range android phones (inb4 UHH ACTUALLY). The GDB Win is such a meme device, it's pretty cool if I got it for free but Im not buying this shit, similar case with the Pandora.
>>
>>4260748
>>4260735
>The GDP Win has the whole Windows library at its disposal.
Also, the windows library can be played on anything, Im talking about exclusive games that the Switch has.
>>
>>4260748
> I bet you it can't really run shit from the latest generations,
Those are what matter most for /vr/.
>>
>>4260753
>Those are what matter most for /vr/.
>Dont mention non vr things when talking about a non vr device
>Vr doesnt care about latest generation games, thats why they are talking about skyrim in this thread
>>
>>4260767
Skyrim is 6 years old.
>>
>>4260725
>>4260748
>this butthurt over a shitty cheap chink device
Yeah.

>not with that computing power ;)
>implying the late 90's to early 2010's of Winblows gaymes won't run fine on it
Go back to pleddit, Mr.Tech-Illiterate.
>>
It's really simple.

There's no other x86-64 handheld with gaming controls and that form factor.
Windows has the best emulator support.
This device has the best unlocked hardware to run any emulators. Like no GameCube on the Switch and on Shield it's actually slower.
No other device in the same class can play Windows games, but the Win can run Windows games and the same, plus a few additional emulators.

There's no argument to that and that's the main point of the thing. Enjoy your assmad.
>>
>>4260803
>There's no other x86-64 handheld with gaming controls and that form factor.
There was supposed to be a handheld Steam machine but apparently it's in development hell.
>>
>>4245812
>>4245791
I have a GPD Win.
It gets 4-5 hours of gameplay on a full charge at 60% brightness (100% is unnecessary to me, it's overly bright, but ymmv)

This was not playing Windwaker, but Dark Souls 2, SoTFS (which runs very well at 720p).

You do need to tweak Win 10 some to reduce background processes and help save battery power. Limiting games to 30 or 60 FPS will reduce cpu power consumption too.

I personally think it's worth $300.
I also spent another $50 for a better fan and some copper shims, thermal pads, thermal paste and thermal adhesive to make it run cooler.

My only complaints:
Dpad requires a small mod to be usable. Put a piece of foam tape under the fulcrum and it's a huge improvement.

It can run hot on demanding games, and the default fan's only two settings are too low and not high enough. Replace it with a ADDA AD0205MB-K53, and do the heatsink and heat pad mod. The new fan's low setting is in between the high and low setting of the old fan, and the high setting will keep it very cool while gaming at the expense of being a little louder and drawing 0.2 more amps.

You can also drill more vent holes over the fan (they didn't make the vent as large as the fan)
>>
>>4260772
If you think that's old then you yourself are 6 years old
>>
>>4260819
do you have a early revision? as I understand the latter revisions have no problems with cooling and had better buttons/d-pad
>>
>>4246228
>hi, I saw your ad for house painting? it's a nasty green right now but I wanted to update it to maybe a pastel blue or someth-

>"WHY? GREEN IS FINE"
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.